Tactical Air War

=LG=Kathon

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
21 minutes ago, JGr8_Leopard said:

did the red team have any privileges in this campaign?

Yes, the red team had the fastest 262 and the paratroopers))

Maybe something else?

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Haha 2

72AG_Battler_
4 minutes ago, BPAT said:

Я бывший командир одного полка, сменивший сексуальную ориентацию ...;)

I believe

• Haha 2

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
10 minutes ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

=LG=todeskvlt тоже не прав

Спасибо что ты все же это заметил, но промолчал)

3 minutes ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

Yep, but for Kosmatix it's ok, really?

I do not support insults on the forum in any form. I also believe that if someone wants to make a comment, then you do not need to make them selectively.

=TH=mincer

20 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

TAW Feedback

Use quote option and try to answer shortly ( in points ie.) every question. 
We will check your profile in the TAW to verify how much flight hours and experience you have.

Direct attacks on LG team with imaginary accusations or dictated by lack of understanding problems connected with runing big il2 server will be just ignored.

Cheers!

How`s your opinions about the edition???

I think it started prematurely. During the previous campaign we had massive player balancing issues. This problem was not addressed before the start of the campaign, as the result the same issues persisted. One way to manually address was to discuss the sides and registration before the start, and a lot of people thought it was a good idea. Unfortunately, it did not happen as the campaign started out of the blue.

What is motivating you to participate in TAW project ? Online war system/realistic gameplay/ realistic settings/ emotions / stats /something else ???

1) Online war system.
2) Team play with my friends.
3) High level of competition.

(Question mostly to ADW veterans who understand this system)
Do you like the idea of historical50%-balanced50% planeset line unlocked by points ( squadron lines or individual lines)?

From my point of view, either system (squad or individual lines) is fine. But I am really concerned that extra restrictions will hurt an outnumbered team (usually USSR on the Easter front).

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ? 

Convince "Axis only" squads to swap sides from time to time. 

What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance ???

I think it is Ok to use Soviet AAA in mix with the Allied ones before we get new units.

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes ?

Yes.

How often you leave the server because you run out of planes ?

Very rarely.

Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt ?

I either attack ground targets or protect friendlies who do the strafing.

Do you like limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ?

Yes, but maybe something can be done bettter in this regard (see "night shift" issue).

What was good in this season?

I think the first map was very good. Planes were quire even, plus long flying times to targets smoothened out a lot of balance issues. After playing with both long and short flying times, I strongly prefer long flights now.

What was bad in this season?

1) Equipement very heavily biased toward Axis side: 

a) Planes: on the first map Allies had very slight advantage in planes with P-51, but then Bf 109 K-4 and Me-262 give a massive upper hand to Germans. Even one Me-262 can be a huge pain in the ass. Maybe at least lock DB 605 DC for K4 because of Me-262?

b) Tanks: for whatever reason (no one actually said why) almost all German tanks on the map are Tigers, that are hard to kill. At the same time, all Allied tanks are Shermans that are much easier to kill.

c) Allied AAA just sucks.

Whats are the strongest points of this server ??

1) Coordinated competition between teams of squads instead of individual pilots. 
2) High level of players overall.
3) Interesting game mechanics.

What is the biggest problem of TAW campaigns ??? 

Player imbalance overall, particularly during low-populated time zones. And for some reason, Allied side is very unpopular during the European prime time, even on the Western front.

Do you like realistic settings without technochat ?

Yes, but I can live with technochat being on.

How often you fly transport  to recive +1CM ?

Sometimes.

FTC_DerSheriff
21 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

TAW Feedback

We will check your profile in the TAW to verify how much flight hours and experience you have

just saying that if a player doesn't enjoy TAW, you get no playtime. With no playtime, no feedback accepted. Hence why your collection of opinions will be inherently biased by the players who already spend a long time on the server. Aspects of the server which are repelling players early on won't be in your feedback.

If I would be in your shoes i would try to get all opinions and then later decide how important those are to you. Collect first, filter later. Otherwise you get a very limited spectrum of feedback.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

=TH=Denisik
52 minutes ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

=LG=todeskvlt тоже не прав, но он не матерился. Да и писал он про Денисика. Тот ему не ответил - молодец, уважаю. Косматикс написал фигню с кучей мата. Кто тут пробка в каждой дырке? А теперь мне ещё и BPAT (бпэт?) в личку с оскорблениями пишет? 

Сразу видно, взрослые, умные, образованные люди. Если что, это сарказм.

I just did not see his message))) It would be better if I wrote something on the case, and not my school humor.
And then it would be already in his return to know about such a phenomenon as "time zones", and everything would become much easier.

@=LG=todeskvlt

=LG=Blakhart

35 minutes ago, ACG_DerSheriff said:

just saying that if a player doesn't enjoy TAW, you get no playtime. With no playtime, no feedback accepted. Hence why your collection of opinions will be inherently biased by the players who already spend a long time on the server. Aspects of the server which are repelling players early on won't be in your feedback.

If I would be in your shoes i would try to get all opinions and then later decide how important those are to you. Collect first, filter later. Otherwise you get a very limited spectrum of feedback.

I`m talking about people who dont have ANY exp and want to critize current issues which they might dont understand. 
Flying on other seasons is valuable exp as well.

Feel free to share your opinion :)

• Thanks 1

=TH=Denisik

I propose to end the dispute and make a high-quality review on the server, for a more comfortable setting.

CSW_Tommy544

Do you like the idea of historical50%-balanced50% planeset line unlocked by points ( squadron lines or individual lines)?
- Yes, the planeset should be based on the historical data, but since this server is extremely competitive, some balancing is also required. Unlocking planes is one of the trademarks of TAW and I very much enjoy the initiative it gives you to try to bring the plane home and not to go head first into suicidal fights.

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes?
 - I like the idea to work towards obtaining or keeping better planes. Not necessarily a "grind" to get better planes. It can, however, be a little daunting task to grind the better planes back flying only the less performant planes. On the other extreme, you have experienced pilots that also spend a lot of time on the server and can have all the planes in their hangar + several extra CMs. A pilot in this state can have a big advantage in battle. He is flying an equal or better plane than his opponent and even if he looses this plane, he will immediately get a new one, since he has a backup of CMs. Maybe there should be some kind of penalization, for example, even if you have extra CMs, the plane will only be replenished in your hangar for the next mission or so. Also the idea hinted in the previous question - squadron lines - could be very interesting to explore.
What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance ???
- As a last resort if the AAA is considerably imbalanced, as currently implemented in the game, I am fine with using some of the same ground objects for both sides.
- Never. Worst case scenario, if you loose all planes, you can still fly transport missions. However, it could be a nice idea to allow players that have lost all of their lives to still be able to fly on the server and earn another life, for example by flying transport missions, instead of having a 20h ban.
Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt ?
- In CSW we see the importance of attacking ground targets and we always try to form an attack group with fighter cover and attack some targets. With no fighter cover though, it is very risky to go and attack ground targets on your own. SRS is a great help to organize effective attacks with other people on the server.
Do you like limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ?
- Yes, it is not a lot of fun flying online when you are outnumbered 3:1. Maybe a longer registration window where people could see what squadron is registered on what side and what timezone they will be flying, with the option to then balance the sides before starting the campaign, could help?
How often you fly transport  to receive +1CM ?
 - Only when there is no other option.
- Longer missions. At one point there were long distances between the frontline and active airports. I definitely wouldn't want all missions be like that, but it gave the server some more variety.
- Frequent imbalance of the teams. During European evenings the Red side was often outnumbered and during American evenings the Blue side was often outnumbered. The fact that there are also Me-262s flying in the area while the Red side is outnumbered doesn't help either.
- There is a need for new ideas and new game mechanics. The targets (defense positions) look the same and you rarely get surprised by anything (other than a fighter on your six that you haven't noticed of course :) ). A lot of times after a new mission is loaded, there is a target for one side (or both sides) where the distance to the target makes it impossible for the enemy to arrive on time to defend the target. This is not terrible per se, but I prefer more organized attacks where you don't can't be sure what to expect in the target area. Maybe there could be some reconnaissance game mechanic implemented where some of the front line targets would first needed to be discovered, for example. There could also be a reconnaissance game mechanic where it would be necessary to also fly over targets like factories with a reconnaissance plane in order for your team to have the "photos" of the target available on the website. Of course these photos could then be available for later missions as well. I could see this as an alternative to the transport missions and I for one would much rather fly a mission like this over a transport mission.
- Yes, I very much like the setting without technochat. It actually makes you look down on your instruments every now and then, as you should be doing.

Some additional feedback

- Please keep either the first post in this thread or your website up to date with a changelog and dates for the new campaign, so it is simple to find.

- Since you are trying to change how the server works based on the feedback, how about changing the rule about chute killing? I am sure that the majority here would much appreciate if intentional chute killing was not allowed. I understand you feel like this is war and war is bad, but we are not here to simulate war crimes, we are here to simulate the bravery and valor of the WWII pilots and leave some chivalry in the duels in the sky.

- LG, please, stop being so arrogant on this forum. This goes especially to @=LG=Blakhart, but others are guilty as well. We know you have some very good pilots in the squad and that you are more than capable of winning fights on equal terms, but that does not mean it is right to try to show it in every opportunity you have here on the forum. Calling others names, looking at their stats on the server and using that as an argument why opinion of that person doesn't matter or why that person is a laughing stock is absolutely unacceptable and crates a very hostile atmosphere here. I hope I don't have to go back and quote some of that stuff. Of course there are many people here, who thrive in creating these meaningless fights, they will pinpoint any mistake that you make, but that is to be expected, since you are the squad that is taking care of the server. Do not get pulled down into these fights and do not try to win all of them and if you really made a mistake, just take it, say sorry and move on.

“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

Mark Twain
Edited by CSW_FMF_Tommy544
typo
  • Like 1

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
2 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

If any of you who didnt had time so far to spend it on answering few simple questions which can lead to good conclusions dont expect to be treated seriously when you come out with frustration and critic later.

Maybe we need a few days to discuss some things with the pilots of our squad. I will definitely write what we think in the near future.

=TH=mincer
10 minutes ago, CSW_FMF_Tommy544 said:

Some additional feedback

- LG, please, stop being so arrogant on this forum. This goes especially to @=LG=Blakhart, but others are guilty as well. We know you have some very good pilots in the squad and that you are more than capable of winning fights on equal terms, but that does not mean it is right to try to show it in every opportunity you have here on the forum. Calling others names, looking at their stats on the server and using that as an argument why opinion of that person doesn't matter or why that person is a laughing stock is absolutely unacceptable and crates a very hostile atmosphere here. I hope I don't have to go back and quote some of that stuff. Of course there are many people here, who thrive in creating these meaningless fights, they will pinpoint any mistake that you make, but that is to be expected, since you are the squad that is taking care of the server. Do not get pulled down into these fights and do not try to win all of them and if you really made a mistake, just take it, say sorry and move on.

I totally agree.

E69_Falke_Wolf

Congratulation to Red Pilots, your strategy was finally better. Well done!

This was my first TAW and I enjoyed a LOT, Thank you ALL blue and red pilots and Admins for making it possible.

And on the other and:

I think it was Great, but maybe number of tanks had TOO much importance, making all other goals (level bombing, air kills, other ground kills) almost irrlevant.
Maybe is a goo idea increase the maxium number of tanks per map.

What is motivating you to participate in TAW project ? Online war system/realistic gameplay/ realistic settings/ emotions / stats /something else ???

Everything, specially the hard level, realistic setting, team flying, emotions.

Yes, why not. ADW system with squadron lines was sometimes quite unfair, but create more "team spirit", but individual lines is better for me.

How to invite more people to TAW (mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ? 

Maybe if planset es not 50/50 balanced EXACTLY (wich is impossible), weaker side could have some advantages (by example higher number of planes, tanks, or trucks) at the beggining of the map.

NO WAY. Balance 100% equal is impossible. We should use the same planes also, isn´t it?

Maybe, but i prefer Combat Missions.

Never, I take care of my planes.

I prefer ground attack. Not good fighter.

Yes of course. No sense fighting 50:1

Very often, but not only to get CM, arifields need suplies.

Can´t compare to others.

Can´t compare to others. (Maybe the desporportionate importance of tanks, or their limited number)

Difficulty and realistic.

It´s impossible to make everybody happy. Some players NEVER be happy until they win (if they lose, it´s because some bugs or bias in servers).

YES SURE.
  • Like 2

Nerfection

- I like the plane-sets how they currently are. Please do NOT make it along squadron lines, though. It's already tough enough on solo/non-squad/SRS players. Giving further advantage to squadrons, beyond the inherent organisation and teamplay, will just drive off new players, imo.
- When one side's AA is clearly not working as intended/bugged, then yes. If it's just a matter of balance, keep it as is, or balance with AA numbers rather than types.
Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes?

- If this is referring to the current way of earning CMs for planes, then I like it. If this means adding extra benefits to the best players; please, please no. Giving further advantages to the best players will only make poor flyers like myself miserable. They already have the advantage of being good pilots. They don't need more!
- Not often. Usually if I die/am captured I stop for a while, but not for plane-drought.
- This is the ONLY server where attacking ground targets feels necessary, and rewarding - even just doing a little has a permanent, visible effect. I love it.
- Without more robust team-balancing, it'll have to do. The oft-cited theory that the red side would be flooded with players for the Western Front campaigns, so they could fly spits and 'stangs has been pretty thoroughly debunked with this last campaign. I'd LOVE to play more Luftwaffe, but with the player imbalance it just feels like cheating to do so. The big squadrons who try to help by swapping between campaigns are doing their bit, but the squads who refuse to fly red, to the detriment of those of us who would really like to at some point - but with the requirement that it's fair - should stop being coddled so much, imo. They threaten to just not fly TAW if they're not allowed to get their own way 100% of the time, but that'd be a price I'd be willing to pay for some balance, and a chance to fairly fly LW.
How often you fly transport  to receive +1CM ?
 - Not so much in this last campaign, but usually quite a bit. It's particularly good with the ju52, and if they add flyable C-47s, ohmygoodnessyes. Adding the ju52 to the reds until a genuine transport is flyable for them would be great, imo.
- Longer missions, prettier planes, the me262 being all scary but limited, nicer map.
- Seemed to be more random Discos this campaign (not intentional ones, but loss of connection ones)
- Balance. Always balance. I wanna play LW without feeling tantamount to a cheater.
- Yes, and no. Yes because it's amazing. No because it's made playing on any other server even less attractive. It's getting to the point where if TAW's not on, I don't play IL2 XD

54 minutes ago, E69_Falke_Wolf said:

I think it was Great, but maybe number of tanks had TOO much importance, making all other goals (level bombing, air kills, other ground kills) almost irrlevant.
Maybe is a goo idea increase the maxium number of tanks per map.

I agree totally with this. TAW pretty much stands for 'Tank-Attack War' at the moment, as they're the only objective that really matters. More things like boats/bridges/the occasional AI paratroop raid (if lag could be fixed), or just a major objective that isn't a tank column sometimes might help add some variety?

Edited by Nerfection
  • Like 1

=TH=mincer
32 minutes ago, Nerfection said:

- Without more robust team-balancing, it'll have to do. The oft-cited theory that the red side would be flooded with players for the Western Front campaigns, so they could fly spits and 'stangs has been pretty thoroughly debunked with this last campaign. I'd LOVE to play more Luftwaffe, but with the player imbalance it just feels like cheating to do so. 

I am really curious: why are people so reluctant to fly Allies? Is it Me-262? Problem with 50 cal guns? Anything else? Seriosuly. 

• Confused 1

=LG=Blakhart
33 minutes ago, CSW_FMF_Tommy544 said:

Thanks for the feedback and answering the questions!

...and do not confuse arrogance with self-confidence. 

Ask your friend HotDog how he called LG pilots after being killed by =LG=Padre :)

Please report with pride how he called us because he was angry about loosing streak 😄

Later events were just a lesson for him and other whiners.

Action = reaction , no mercy

About the chutekilling.
It was happening in the war same as ramming attacks, vulching attacks. 

Is anything chivlary in shooting to the damaged plane which is already going down ?
Or attacking one plane with few of your friends, 3vs1 ?
Or strafing on the ground, killing spawned plane with the bombs ?

Same story, different solutions.
So if we would like to ban one we would need ban all of these "events".

Do you want to track all the events and become an prosecutor in such situations ?
We dont. No free time for that.

We are creating the online war with all the good and best aspects.

But...
We have an idea of making percentage chance of being brought to a military court for every pilot who will make a chute killing, so it will be a risky option.

You can kill someone in the air but later got penalty ( killed by firing squad or degraded/ stats erased). It can be a good compromise.

Cheers! :)

bd93558a61c6dae405809d1e8e0607f8.jpg

• Upvote 2

E69_Falke_Wolf
3 minutes ago, mincer said:

I am really curious: why are people so reluctant to fly Allies? Is it Me-262? Problem with 50 cal guns? Anything else? Seriosuly. 

Maybe two reasons: complex engine management (german planes have more automatic devices) and lack of firepower (compare with 20 and 30 mm cannons).

• Upvote 1

72AG_Battler_
1 minute ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Но ...
У нас есть идея сделать процентный шанс быть привлеченным к военному суду для каждого пилота, который совершит убийство через парашют, так что это будет рискованный вариант.

Вы можете убить кого-нибудь в воздухе, но позже получите штраф (убиты из расстрела или деградированы / статистика удалена). Это может быть хорошим компромиссом.

Ура! :)

Great idea

Nerfection
6 minutes ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

We have an idea of making percentage chance of being brought to a military court for every pilot who will make a chute killing, so it will be a risky option.

You can kill someone in the air but later got penalty ( killed by firing squad or degraded/ stats erased). It can be a good compromise.

That is a really cool idea. Nice! Make it a gamble.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:
Fine. More, more spread out ground targets would be good. 

i like the persistent campaign, realistic gameplay and settings.

I'd love to know how you intend to 'balance' early war Eastern front plane sets :P

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ? 
I exclusively fly red. i enjoy late war / western front TAW with no technochat, but the truth of the matter is that for early war / Eastern front TAW, technochat is essential for Red players, as it gives you information which you would historically have had (i.e. radiator position settings which would have been marked by groundcrew on control wheels) which you cannot currently see in the cockpit. Given how outclassed early war Eastern front Red aircraft are by the opposition, depriving us of this important information makes us feel even more like seals to be clubbed. 

Nope. Why are we talking about balance?

I think the current system is good as it is. Points for Kudos, CM for planes. Otherwise the system would just benefit the retired or independently wealthy members of the community who can play all day while the rest of us are stuck doing that boring 'work' thing...

Never

Fighter pilots make movies (for youtube ;)) Bomber and attack pilots make history.

Sure.

Frequently - whenever I don't have a buddy to fly with online, I'll generally cheese out some transport missions. Bomber pilots make history, but Transport pilots make , err, valued local connections with their access to nylons, cigarettes and whisky....

Good camaraderie on the Red side, good coordination and teamwork.

Idiotic chute killing. Toxic forum nonsense.

Weather! (MORE BAD WEATHER PLEASE!). Realism. The mission length is in a good sweet spot at the moment I think.

Toxic forum nonsense, culture of chute killing, lots of big, swinging egos around the place. Ground targets seem to be VERY difficult to destroy - dropping 6x 500lb bombs on a convoy and getting about 2 kills seems weird.

It's fine for late war, Western TAW, but technochat is essential for early war, Eastern front TAW, see my reasoning above. Also, if the argument is 'realism', the HUD compass is unnecessary and should be removed along with all the rest of the technochat.

11 minutes ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

You can kill someone in the air but later got penalty ( killed by firing squad or degraded/ stats erased). It can be a good compromise

Yes please, this. a 50/50% chance of stats erasure seems fair.

• Haha 1

Nerfection
2 minutes ago, Diggun said:
Weather! (MORE BAD WEATHER PLEASE!). Realism. The mission length is in a good sweet spot at the moment I think.

Yes! This too! I always love it when it's raining, or foggy. Moar pls :)

• Like 1

335th_GRSavras

I would love to see some kind of quorum system if it can be implemented (3X3 or 5X5 minimum).

E69_Falke_Wolf
8 minutes ago, Nerfection said:

Yes! This too! I always love it when it's raining, or foggy. Moar pls :)

+ 1 ⛈️

• Like 3

CSW_Hot_Dog
38 minutes ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Thanks for the feedback and answering the questions!

Ask your friend HotDog how he called LG pilots after being killed by =LG=Padre :)

Please report with pride how he called us because he was angry about loosing streak 😄

Action = reaction , no mercy

About the chutekilling.

Is anything chivlary in shooting to the damaged plane which is already going down ?

Do you want to track all the events and become an prosecutor in such situations ?

But...

Cheers! :)

bd93558a61c6dae405809d1e8e0607f8.jpg

Be aware, that he knows exactly, how i named you. And for others, it was after he deliberately killed me on the ground after my ditch, which is very popular sport of LG along with chute-killing, but for others, like me, it has nothing to do with gentlemen spirit of WW2 aerial dogfights. So after that non-gentleman move of you (definitely not first time) I stopped to be gentleman too...

Edited by CSW_Hot_Dog

Nerfection

I feel like at this point TAW needs a separate forum just for chute-killing complaints and accusations of personal flaws based on them... >.<

• Haha 1

JG4_Widukind

First of all I would like to thank the LG and StG2 for the server and maintenance. Second, a big thank you to the team players on the blue side who were in the TS or SRS (we flew great missions together) And third, I would like to say that the Rotte side played very well and tactically and thus won the campaign with the first map. Overall, I found the cards to be very balanced, with each side doing their best.

I still have one negative point: In no case should one make enormously important changes in a running card that could be decisive for the game. And the forum is still dominated by a few trolls who actually manage to dump their rubbish here page by page (this is not a forum for game bugs, FM or DM discussions) It should be a forum for constructive criticism in an appropriate and sociable tone.

thx Google translation  :P

• Like 4
  • Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, JG4_Widukind said:

And the forum is still dominated by a few trolls who actually manage to dump their rubbish here page by page (this is not a forum for game bugs, FM or DM discussions) It should be a forum for constructive criticism in an appropriate and sociable tone.

Well said.

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
1 hour ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

For the first case, demote by one rank. For the second, demote to sergeant / feldwebel without loss of life and strik. For the third execution by firing squad.

I've been killed many times hanging from a parachute. And I've done it a few times myself. I take it calmly, as part of the game. 

I don't think it's a problem.

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

CSW_Tommy544
1 hour ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Ok, I don't like to speak for @CSW_Hot_Dog, as he can defend himself, BUT, in the event you mentioned, he was not angry that he was beaten and shot down by one of you. He was angry about the fact, that he was already downed and then another member of your squad went in with a pure intention of killing his pilot hanging in his chute. We never do anything like that, I know it's not against the rules, but it's nasty behavior and it will of course make other players angry. If you do this to get your squad up the scoring board, well, there are other squads that can reach top positions without chute killing, so that doesn't make you look better. If you do it for a "good feeling", well, that's even worse. But Hot_Dog was the one who started calling you names in the chat, so yes, that's on him.

About the chutekilling.

But...

To a certain degree I agree with you on the difficulty of just simply banning chute killing, since there are similar actions that can be considered just as bad. However, a lot of those situations that you mentioned are not in the same ballpark. Strafing players on the ground, well, you can see that the airfield you are spawning on is close to the frontline, is marked as a target for the other team and you still have a chance to despawn when you hear sirens (if you're quick enough), so not the same thing. Same as with attacking a single plane with 3 fighters. That pilot was aware of the danger flying somewhere alone and if he notices those 3 fighters, there's always an option to try to escape, so again, not the same thing. However, it's good to hear that you are thinking about some system that would at least discourage such behavior.

I have seen you use this argument here multiple times. I have a feeling that you do not understand what is the difference between arrogance and self-confidence. So on another example:

• You get called out in the chat that you are a big hero shooting down a plane when there are 5 of you against one.
  • Self-confidence is to challenge that person to a duel somewhere outside of TAW.
  • Self-confidence is to accept any plane your opponent chooses.
  • Self-confidence and skill is to beat that opponent in that duel multiple times in a row.
  • After the duel, your opponent yields, tells you that he has been beaten and that you really are a good dogfighter.
  • Self-confident (and polite!) thing to say would be something in line with: Thank you, now you see that the fact we were 5 there didn't make a difference.
  • Arrogant behavior is (what you have done) to say: "Now you can see why we treat you like a rag doll"

So take it or leave it. It is just my opinion that you have a very good server with a very good formula, but the one thing that you could improve the most is how you are communicating with community that enjoys flying on your server. 👍

Edited by CSW_FMF_Tommy544

=TH=Denisik
Great idea in my opinion. In the IL-2 Shturmovik game on the ADW server, there was a distribution of aviation units to airfields, with the possibility of redeploying them. This thing added hardcore and order to the game.

Add the red side of the troopers. Not yet ready to give the C-47 to the red side of the Ju-52 only for paratroopers missions.

Balance anti-aircraft artillery between the sides, as well as the composition of tank columns.

For the rest, I think only developers will help by correcting the damage model.

Great idea as long as the allied anti-aircraft artillery is not working well. This company showed that the anti-aircraft artillery did not work for the allies at all.
It seems to me that there was no such problem on the eastern front.

For fighters, in my opinion, there is no need to make the 1CM limit. On long flights of escorting bombers, getting 1 CM is not very pleasant. I would do 1 CM in 1 hour.

Earning planes is not a big deal, I think this issue needs to be dealt with differently. New players must connect TS and then they will not have problems with aircraft.

The main motivation is victory in the war, and as you know, the territory is captured by ground troops, not aircraft.

If you create a good balance, then it should apply to all players without exception. Squads that have the privilege to take off in a full team and break the whole balance.

You have to fly when there are no targets, or when you need to replenish the airfield.

In my opinion, the reworking of the airfield system, with their early repairs, is a good solution.

Airborne troop missions are not balanced.

Anti-aircraft artillery at the red team.

This server is currently the only one of its kind. It is very similar to the projects in the old Il-2 shturmovik.

The ability to implement strategic and tactical operations with your team.

Convenient and informative statistics.

Private aircraft garage.

Variety of ground targets.

Balance and restart times of companies.

Most players fly lonely with and without chat. But beginners without a tech chat suffer.

E69_Qpassa_VR

I agree that flying this server is almost impossible on your own yesterday I encountered three tempest in my dora and managed to survive..

• Upvote 1

On 2/8/2021 at 6:42 AM, =LG=Blakhart said:

TAW Feedback

We will check your profile in the TAW to verify how much flight hours and experience you have.

Direct attacks on LG team with imaginary accusations or dictated by lack of understanding problems connected with runing big il2 server will be just ignored.

Cheers!

-=Have in mind:=-
- there is limited number of ground units which we can use and keep stable server performance
- bugged in game objects ( like AAA, but we can replace it) or issues cant be fixed by us
- every script line has to be written so if we would like to change whole logic we would fly in next season in 2022

Announce at least a week in advance so players can get the word out on other forums.
Have a training taw for noobs only! 
no opinion 

No . A bad player will lose it right away and have to earn another anyway.

never

I usually attack ground targets . If greatly outnumbered you could increase target value. 

yes

not last taw

srs, but more people need to use it even just to listen 

being outnumbered most of the time

targets. Really good players 

Getting killed cost 300 points. I would suggest a system where points lost would take into consideration the game balance. Example: 15 red, 30 blue. Red death would cause a loss of 150 points. 

I have adopted but if you want more players to play red bring technochat back. 

• Like 1

SCG_Wulfe

Yes I do. It adds to immersion and progression and creates an incentive to fly carefully. Historical plane sets are very important to me but at the same time, balance should always be a consideration. 

I think it is a mixture of maybe slightly relaxing some rules that are alienating player base and also allowing pilots in squadrons to switch sides to balance. 

I don't really like it, as it will reduce the historical feel of the server and turn it into more of a balanced tournament. May as well have the same planes then right?

Not sure what you mean by this? If the idea is that you would be able to select the planes you receive, based on a pool of points. I think this might be a good idea. 

Very rarely. But I know for a fact it has driven other pilots away. Honestly, it's not so much the planes as the lives. I don't want the other pilots to leave after I shoot them down because then I have no one else to play with in the sandbox 😃

I am not really interested in attacking ground targets, but do occasionally when the server is so empty that there is no point flying an escort or interdiction role. I very much enjoy working with our squadron's bombers as an escort when the server is well populated. 

No, I do not. I think it has very much lead to lower server numbers in general than the past. I think many of the rules built around creating server balance have become so complex and frustrating to people that they have left. I think the best solution would be to just limit joining the server/overpop side when the server is very full (almost at max capacity.) Otherwise, it should not restrict. Even the closing of frontal airfields when overpopulated is just one more rule that does not lead to immersion and frustrates players.

More often than I would like 😄. I did post a solution that I think would lead to significantly more gameplay and interest surrounding transports, both for the transport pilots themselves...and for the opposition. I can forward it again if interested.

I thought the plane set was pretty good considering what you have to work with. I also liked the extended missions but they may have been a bit too long.  A compromise at 2:30 would be nice. 

I think the distances between airfields on the TAW western front map, leads to very long flight times and often very boring gameplay on lower pop servers. While this may be realistic, I think it is one of those cases where it has served to drive more players away. If we have no one to play with, then it doesn't matter how realistic it is for us hardcore players. So as in many areas, a compromise may be best. I would try and create more airfields in-between to slightly reduce the necessary length of flights on the Western Front. 

The immersion due to the stakes and fear factor. The competition is fierce and the rules are unforgiving of error. It should not lose that aspect as it creates the tension required to help it feel a bit more like real combat. 

At the same time, in reference to what I just wrote to the last question. While there are many of us who like these unforgiving rules... I think it may be looking into areas where they could be slightly more friendly to players alienated by them. The player counts are the biggest problem and I am willing to compromise my desire for the most realistic server that is possible to ensure I have competition and teammates. 

I do, but I fear it is one of those additions that has further reduced the number of people who fly TAW.
Edited by SCG_Wulfe

72AG_Mirveis

Congratulations to all active participants of the campaign with its completion, and "Allies" with a well-deserved and very difficult victory!

Despite the significant losses, the "red" side, as a rule, fighting with superior enemy forces and, perhaps, with titanic efforts brought the results of the 2nd and 3rd maps to a draw.

We hope that a small misunderstanding with the initial summing up of the campaign results did not spoil all of you good mood =))

We hope to meet you again in the virtual sky!

537AE872-7ED7-40D7-94A4-2073C3997E3D.png.9d014046b3ac00403680ad3ed48cc341.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

=LG=Blakhart
4 minutes ago, 72AG_Mirveis said:

537AE872-7ED7-40D7-94A4-2073C3997E3D.png.9d014046b3ac00403680ad3ed48cc341.png

Whoaa, what a cool propaganda poster :) I love it! 

LG will switch sides  AS ALWAYS and fly red as well

Edited by =LG=Blakhart
  • Thanks 1

1stCL/rudidlo
On 2/8/2021 at 9:55 AM, =LG=todeskvlt said:

notok.jpg.148a2f8d172e01a629dc008c4ae6c66b.jpgok.jpg.7108daf91e153bd568a2f4fe9d1fc577.jpg

O.k. thank you. it's confusing, because ammunition scheme  is the same.

• Like 1

=VARP=Ribbon
Haven't flown much since doing solo hunting and bombing doesn't end well but anyway i'll give feedback.

As you explained me earning planes is well fair but i still think p47 shouldn't be among fighters if you want perfect balance when it comes to engagement and firepower.
Climbing one hour to spray and pray with 50cal isn't attractive for most players imo, isn't popular as i've seen online, still there are some really good p47 pilots.
I think many guys just try to avoid p47 in that role.
Historically it was there and used but mostly cos axis were heavily outnumbered.
For fighter section i recommend 2xSpit, 1x p51 and 1x tempest.
Or give option to which low tier fighter you want to earn as primary (between two out of two for each...on each side)....this could be also an answer to question bellow "how to attract more ppl on the server and red side.
No to squadron lines, yes to individual lines!
See above, also what i noticed is targets are grouped at two spots on the map so going alone (or in pair) there usually ends up by death since most of the time axis players are better squad organized and outnumbering reds.
Maybe scattering targets and more target variety will attract more red players and players overall to the server.
Going alone in GA or bomber there isn't much choice to pick target that would be less defended, sneak, drop and run away!

AAA were fine
Yes!

/

I like to do all roles equally, from bomber, GA to fighter....but again GA and bombers if not in well organized flight and in numbers end up in death by being outnumbered.
(Player side guilt) but again scattering objectives a bit more could improve this.

Yes

/

Realism
Balance
Limitations of lifes, ac and realism
Things i answered above
YES!
  • Like 1

• BlackSix locked and unpinned this topic
  • BlackSix unlocked this topic
  • BlackSix pinned this topic