Tactical Air War

=LG=Kathon

FTC_Vietkong
6 hours ago, PhoenixLights97 said:

Also, if ''realism'' is the reason why we should not have technochat, why do you stop it there?
What about the magical perfectly accurate compass at the bottom left? That's not realistic!
What about the zoom function? you can zoom to like 10x or something... I don't think that's realistic either.

At the end of the day we are playing a game and we can't feel the thrust levers/knobs like we could if it was real life. Technochat isn't some ''easy mode'' cheatcode its just replacing our lack of interaction with the cockpit.

There´s always Combat box and Finnish server to fly on with technochat. TAW caters to the hardcore members of the il 2 community that want a full immersive experience and sets it apart from the other servers..  Also, give TAW a go. You´ll see after playing 1 TAW campaign you don´t really need technochat. And in fact , going back to technochat will feel weird and unappealing.

• Upvote 1

LLv24_Zami
45 minutes ago, Diggun said:

People with less fancy setups, and who ay not be able to afford better, can't. And they should not be excluded from playing though.

Fancy setup? I have over ten years old X52 throttle and Vkb Gladiator MkII joystick, I`d say it`s pretty far from fancy.

If someone is trying to fly Taw with mouse and keyboard only, I think he`s in the wrong place.

Edited by LLv24_Zami
  • Upvote 1

PhoenixLights97
2 hours ago, ACG_Vietkong said:

There´s always Combat box and Finnish server to fly on with technochat. TAW caters to the hardcore members of the il 2 community that want a full immersive experience and sets it apart from the other servers..  Also, give TAW a go. You´ll see after playing 1 TAW campaign you don´t really need technochat. And in fact , going back to technochat will feel weird and unappealing.

I don't get why so many people tell me to fly on another server. As if everyone thinks im some kind of filthy casual haha. I am discussing the technochat debate in the TAW forum post. I think its appropriate as taw is constantly changing and the technochat isn't some hard set decision the admins decided on.

Also, I like the server and have been flying on it for a long time, preferred it when it was with technochat that's all. It's no big deal.

For example, the 262's top continuous and the beginning of emergency power was extremely hard to tell apart. I never burned an engine in about 10 262 flights but it was worrying not knowing if I was on boost or not. I understand its how they flew in real life but I'm sure the difference wasn't binary like it is in game. Even if they were on boost by 1% I'm sure the engine didn't just blow up after 10 minutes. The game is different from real life which is why we get the information.

Edited by PhoenixLights97
  • Upvote 3

WG_Muskat
On 2/20/2021 at 4:33 PM, =LG=Blakhart said:

Please report GMT so we will know what time we can expect you on the server

done

SCG_Vieira
19 hours ago, PhoenixLights97 said:

I don't get why so many people tell me to fly on another server. As if everyone thinks im some kind of filthy casual haha. I am discussing the technochat debate in the TAW forum post. I think its appropriate as taw is constantly changing and the technochat isn't some hard set decision the admins decided on.

Also, I like the server and have been flying on it for a long time, preferred it when it was with technochat that's all. It's no big deal.

For example, the 262's top continuous and the beginning of emergency power was extremely hard to tell apart. I never burned an engine in about 10 262 flights but it was worrying not knowing if I was on boost or not. I understand its how they flew in real life but I'm sure the difference wasn't binary like it is in game. Even if they were on boost by 1% I'm sure the engine didn't just blow up after 10 minutes. The game is different from real life which is why we get the information.

Please do fly in TAW. We need more pilots and you are a good one (or at least I want to believe so since you shot me down twice, if i remember correctly :)). But try to understand that what you are asking for this server to be more like all the other servers, when most people likes it precisely because it is more difficult. In real life, pilots wouldn't fly these planes exactly on 87% throttle or 89% mix or 19% flaps. They were very conservative with their engines because no two engines were exactly alike, there were serious quality issues and every plane had it's own history. With the Me 262 for example, there were horrific accidents even by veteran pilots (check Adolf Galland autobiography or "A Higher Call" for example). Not having technochat forces us all to look to a number of instruments related to temperature, handles and others, to feel the plane plane shaking on a dive and to feel it lift or drag when you add flaps. All those things are simple given away with technochat.

I broke many engines since they removed technochat, but overall it increased the immersion and sim aspect of the game. It is one of the reasons why TAW always feels a little bit more real than other excellent servers like Combat Box or Finnish. In any case, we all had the opportunity to answer the questionnaire and state our thoughts on this and other subjects. For what I have seen so far, most individual pilots and squads seem to be happy with keeping the technochat off.

Cheers! Please don't shoot me down next TAW.  :)

Edited by SCG_Vieira
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

E69_Falke_Wolf
On 2/22/2021 at 2:11 AM, PhoenixLights97 said:

Ok so you can't know the exact position, not a big deal sure. my point is the game really hasn't been designed to work without technochat.
Another better example. How do you know the bomb drop mode on the U-2?

Yeah. I really understand you.
Since U-2 is the main plane in red side for bomb tasks (who whats the Pe-2 or IL-2), with its incredible speed and bomb payload, its imperative to know if you release bombs one by one or all together.
Bring Technochat back!
I wish it would be possible to fly it offline and take note about the bomb release pattern... It would be great.

• Haha 3

PhoenixLights97
19 hours ago, SCG_Vieira said:

Please do fly in TAW. We need more pilots and you are a good one (or at least I want to believe so since you shot me down twice, if i remember correctly :)). But try to understand that what you are asking for this server to be more like all the other servers, when most people likes it precisely because it is more difficult. In real life, pilots wouldn't fly these planes exactly on 87% throttle or 89% mix or 19% flaps. They were very conservative with their engines because no two engines were exactly alike, there were serious quality issues and every plane had it's own history. With the Me 262 for example, there were horrific accidents even by veteran pilots (check Adolf Galland autobiography or "A Higher Call" for example). Not having technochat forces us all to look to a number of instruments related to temperature, handles and others, to feel the plane plane shaking on a dive and to feel it lift or drag when you add flaps. All those things are simple given away with technochat.

I broke many engines since they removed technochat, but overall it increased the immersion and sim aspect of the game. It is one of the reasons why TAW always feels a little bit more real than other excellent servers like Combat Box or Finnish. In any case, we all had the opportunity to answer the questionnaire and state our thoughts on this and other subjects. For what I have seen so far, most individual pilots and squads seem to be happy with keeping the technochat off.

Cheers! Please don't shoot me down next TAW.  :)

Totally understand and I can agree with all of this but I have one thing to say.

''most individual pilots and squads seem happy with keeping technochat off''
Sure, the people who answered the questionnaire (hardcore TAW players) did seem to agree with keeping it off. That feedback is bias to say the least. We are discussing ways to get more players into the server too. I stopped playing the last few weeks of this campaign because there were simply not enough pilots flying.

I will be flying red next campaign so don't worry about me shooting anybody down 🤣

Edited by PhoenixLights97

FTC_Vietkong
2 hours ago, PhoenixLights97 said:

Totally understand and I can agree with all of this but I have one thing to say.

''most individual pilots and squads seem happy with keeping technochat off''
Sure, the people who answered the questionnaire (hardcore TAW players) did seem to agree with keeping it off. That feedback is bias to say the least. We are discussing ways to get more players into the server too. I stopped playing the last few weeks of this campaign because there were simply not enough pilots flying.

I will be flying red next campaign so don't worry about me shooting anybody down 🤣

Lack of pilots isn´t really the case with the eastern front, at least on Prime time Europe. If it does, it´s towards the end, after 6-7 maps. which is already twice as  long as western TAW. Taw burnout is a thing as sometimes a taw campaign can last 2 months.

-EAGLE-michipower

Squadron name: -EAGLE-

Number of active pilots: 8

Side: Russians

Time zone: Europe

• Thanks 2

22GvIAD_Koschey

Squadron name: 22GvIAD (22 Guards Fighter Division)

Number of active pilots: 5

Side: Allies

Time zone: GMT +3 (Moscow)

• Thanks 2

todeskvlt
14 hours ago, -EAGLE-michipower said:

Squadron name: -EAGLE-

Number of active pilots: 8

Side: Russians

Time zone: Europe

GMT +1?

SCG_Limbo
What is motivating you to participate in TAW project ? Online war system/realistic gameplay/ realistic settings/ emotions / stats /something else ???

TAW is the best server campaign because ground attacking is a truly meaningful experience--bombing moves the map and wins the war.  I also like the strong penalty for death which makes you value your life and provides for more realistic flying on the server overall.  I even paid out a bounty (a six pack of beer) to one of my squadmates for for shooting down Blakhart. ;) No other server compels me to offer bounties for bagging a nemesis.

(Question mostly to ADW veterans who understand this system) Do you like the idea of historical50%-balanced50% planeset line unlocked by points (squadron lines or individual lines)?

I like that we have a progression from early war to late war as the campaign progresses to fly a large mix of planes.  Exact historical plane sets are not strongly desirable, imo, because I like diversity.

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ? 

I wish I had an answer here because North American evening participation is entirely too small as many have complained.  The Il-2 multiplayer community is a very small one too with enough players to support 2 servers maximum usually.   Other servers like Finish and Combat Box rarely have balance issues too and there is no policing there to enforce balance.  Part of the problem may be the death penalties because people are less likely to fly in an environment were they are more likely to lose a plane or die.  I would like to see a new advertisement made to the general discussion board trying to attract more players at the very least.

What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance ???

The American and British AA is entirely underrepresented and needs to be supplemented for sure.  I do not mind mixing AA to provide more diversity in fighting and avoiding AA, especially if that nation had equivalent AA corresponding to another side.

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes ?

Yes, the "quiver" system is fun and sometimes forces you to fly a plane that you would normally not.

How often you leave the server because you run out of planes ?

I have never run out of planes.  Losing a plane type can be slightly annoying but there is most often a comparable plane to fulfill a needed role.

Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt ?

I primarily fly ground attackers.  I would like to fly fighters more often but that's how I personally get myself killed. ;) 

Do you like limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ?

I do not think it works particularly well in my experience.  If you can't fly with your mates then that can drive down the overall sever population.  Again, other servers have good balance but do not have any explicit rules enforcing it.  Again, I think there is too much emphasis on trying to make the server perfectly balanced by imposing restrictive rules.

How often you fly transport  to recive +1CM ?

I fly them rarely but usually a few on the very first map.  I think the Russian side should have the Polikarpov Po-2 biplane allowed for supply and have the equivalent effects of the Ju-52 since the C-47 is not available.

What was good in this season?

I got to meet and fly with new IL-2 players (i.e., OPFR et al.) .  Honestly, it was a lot of fun flying in very large formations.  Something I have never experienced except for TAW (excluding il-2 1946 SEOW campaigns).

What was bad in this season?

(1) European players suggesting rules that specifically penalize North American players.  The rules should apply equally to all.  (2) SCG participation was significantly down due to low numbers and being unable to switch sides to help balance the server due to restrictive rules.

What are the strongest points of this server ??

Nothing still competes with TAW for providing the most realistic combat flying experience 24/7.

What is the biggest problem of TAW campaigns ??? 

The biggest problem in my opinion is the lack of innovation in TAW over the years.  I would prefer to see new types of ground targets and implementation of new rule mechanics.  I think there is too much emphasis on making a campaign perfectly "balanced" which comes at the expense of making TAW more fresh.  Too many players take winning too personally as seen by bitching in this forum.  Trying to make it perfectly fair just hurts the overall game experience.  I just want a realistic war experience win or lose.

Do you like realistic settings without technochat ?

I personally love it.  I wish we could do away with the compass heading in the lower left corner too.  Whether or not no technochat drives away some players is another issue.
Edited by SCG_Limboski
  • Upvote 2

=KG76=flyus747

How's your opinions about the edition??? 

The thing is, TAW needs big changes if it’s going to survive long term. We’ve had more or less the same TAW since at least late 2018. It's got to keep up with the times man. Back in 2016 when it came out, the idea was still new and cool, but 4-5 years later and we're still here playing the same TAW, players are left wanting more. And it needs to evolve not just for the sake of change, but because it's never lived up to its full potential.

Disclaimer: I did not participate in TAW XXIV Western Front (Jan-Feb 2021). My last was TAW XXIII Eastern Front (Aug-Nov 2020). I started playing TAW in 2018. Everything I list below comes from experiences between then and TAW XXIII.

What is motivating you to participate in TAW project ? Online war system/realistic gameplay/ realistic settings/ emotions / stats /something else ???

Maps 6-8 on TAW XXIII. I played a lot of TAW during this time and more than ever, it had me thinking about the issues plaguing the server and the recycled campaigns. During this period, Airfield nuking became the meta and like a miniature WWIII, it was mutually assured destruction. Even the typical rush to kill tanks/defenses was relegated to secondary importance. The result was each map became annoyingly predictable, destructive, and boring. Something had to be done. The community needed to step in and address these problems.

I started playing TAW because I was looking for a server that gave bombers purpose, not just illogical alternatives to be used in the checklist warfare of CB/WOL or human cannon fodder for fighters to shoot at. And many games or servers fail to address this question (where does bombers belong in WWII air combat games?). TAW/FINNISH have at least made tangible efforts to fix this. You need a server that encapsulates the full picture, or at least, something approximating that to get it right.

How to invite more people to TAW (mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ?  

Give each nation its own unique flavor. The decision to choose which side they register shouldn’t be solely based on what plane they want to fly. Deepen that decision making. Maybe I’ll fly Red because I can regain lives faster. As one user pointed out, if one nation generally has better planes, players will generally flock to that side. So give them other reasons to want to fly the less popular factions. Introduce external "perks" for flying on a certain team. For instance, do I want to fly on the team that can regain planes every 2 CM instead of 3? So on so forth...

What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance ???
Add new types of targets.

Well, there's two issues here:

1. How the points are earned. Points need to be given to competent, effective, team players. There needs to be some mechanic that actively rewards players who participate in successful ground operations (is there even a way to calculate points after a mission has ended?). If my team successfully repaired an Airfield from 86%-79%, and/or our tank column moved 20km, and/or Airfield X was successfully captured, or Defenses around City Y are still GOOD then every player on that team, who participated in that mission, should be given a bonus multiplier based on how much net good it brought the team that mission. And if we end up winning the map, everyone on the team gets the bonus multiplier. Weight it so that some targets provide greater bonuses than others. Doing so incentivizes players to work together so they can win together. Doing this makes having high score actually mean you're good and therefore far easier to determine who gets the new toys. 
  2. "Personal Hangars." Get rid of them. TAW is about teamwork and the way planes are allotted to players should reflect this. Each starting player is only allowed to lose 5 planes (for instance) per map , as you rank up, the threshold increases. You can fly anything you want, but your team only has a limited supply of each airframe per map. This is the response I propose to players who have planes in their personal hangar they will never ever touch. For me, that is the Stuka and Mc202. Why not give it to somebody else who actually wants to fly it? We don't "have 1500 planes" per se. No, we have 300xFw190s, 500xBf109s... that produce the sum total of 1500 aircraft. So let's say Germany loses 700 bombers from Map #1 to #3. That's a lot. Considering that at any one given time, the bomber fleet of the LW hovered around 900-1200 during the war. Hence for the rest of the campaign, the LW's offensive capability should be greatly reduced because they only have ~300 bombers left to use from maps #4 to #8. Something like this will force players to ration the planes they take out.

Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt ? 

I primarily fly bombers, but it depends who is online. If I see my team has a healthy mix of competent fighters and ground attackers, I’ll fly bombers. If not, I’m gonna have to fly their job on that mission. This is what happened in 90% of TAW XXIII Map 6-8 for the blues and it was a terrible misfortune to witness which is why I suggest TAW implement a single required platform for comms when you are playing so we can communicate and figure out what we are all going to do and what needs doing.

Do you like the limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ? 

It's a good start, but having 3v8 is still too big of a gap. Maybe 2v3.

How often you fly transport  to receive +1CM ? 

• Airfield Attack Logic. TAW XXIII Map #6. The city/airfield of Tuapse could not be taken for weeks. The blues launched poorly coordinated attacks. The reds put up strong cohesive defense efforts. So many issues there. The map dragged on far longer than it should have. This issue was exacerbated by the fact that Tuapse AF was LOCKED and could not be attacked until the 2nd to last Red city was captured. So the Reds with one airfield left, held a map up for two weeks. If you have one airfield left, it should immediately be attackable so that map can flip. If your team only has one airfield left, the odds for victory should be stacked heavily against your team.
  • Mute players taking up slots preventing squad member from joining. You know what I’m talking about. There’s a population cap on the server now because the bad guys only have 4 players online but your buddy can’t join because mute 109 over there occupies that slot. Players who are on comms should be given priority to join the server.

Whats are the strongest points of this server ?? 

I like that TAW is seasonal, it’s the “big leagues”, it's “high stakes”, and it's competitive. That rush before your team executes a well-coordinated attack that could incapacitate the enemy for days. That's what dynamic campaigns like TAW provide.

• Its Growth Potential. TAW and FINNISH have the greatest potential for growth in IL2 because they attempt to portray air war in a way no other server or game has done much: dynamic campaigns. I was glad to see cooperation between TAW devs and the players at the end of TAW XXIII, it is greatly needed. TAW's dynamic campaign can be far more fleshed out than it currently is.
  • Dynamic. No two missions are ever the same, keeps gameplay fresh and new. It's a neat realization to know that the next mission parameters will be generated based on the previous outcomes you took part in. For those who fly bombers, this is absolutely crucial to understand because bombing gameplay cannot be justly represented in IL2 if the only thing that matters is what happens in 2-3 hours. In TAW, bombers have purpose.

The team inbalance and airfield vulnerability points have already been beaten to death and while they are far more immediate, these are TAWs long-term problems:

1. Same repetitive gameplay and lacking diversity. Change the formula. New and interesting weather (crosswind landings anyone?). Night!  New targets. New players are joining because it's still new to them. Old players are leaving because there's no new content to keep them. Today, TAW primarily revolves around 2-3 main ideas Go attack/defend defenses. Go attack/defend tanks, and since TAW XXIII, go attack/defend Airfields! That's it.
    • No unique/special opportunities every once in awhile like "General Amsel spotted in Grid XXX!" or "Elements of the 6th Panzer Army spotted staging in Grid XXX!" New objectives that can act as "wild cards" and upset or reverse the tide of battle. Depots are forgotten targets only attacked when frontline is pushed up next to it. And with the Airfields...TAW meta is becoming predictably nuclear. New map, wipe every AF. Win. Add new objectives that uses a robust economy system that ties ground objectives together in a meaningful way and one that incentivizes players on both sides to attack/defend it aside from just farming kills.
  2. We don't have 8 maps, it's 1 map with 8 variations. Eastern Front has 3 distinct maps so the gameplay needs to reflect this accordingly. Make the 3 maps truly  distinct from one another. For instance, the Stalingrad map should have a huge emphasis on capturing/defending the city. A "big boss battle" so to speak. Kuban is half water and a lot of mountains. That's unique terrain you don't see on the other maps! Wouldn't it be neat to each map have their own unique considerations? Create unique gameplay by taking advantage of the differences on the maps.
  3. Teams are indistinguishable. Aside from the planes, the two teams are virtually indistinguishable. Red vs Blue, Team 1 vs Team 2, A vs B. It all doesn’t really matter. Maybe if you want to fly Soviet you have more lives but regain lives slower and your team has has more airfields but repair slower and more live. Give players other reasons to want to fly Red or Blue instead of just because “I want to fly a 109”. (Refer to "How to invite more people to TAW (mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time?" for more detailed explanation.)
  4. "New Map, New Start." This is an ongoing campaign. No "fresh" starts on "the next map." If your team was decimated in the last map, do not expect to receive a full complement of tanks/planes etc...Generate subsequent maps based on the conditions of the last map. Let's say Germany loses 700 bombers from Map #1 to #3. That's a lot. Considering that at any one given time, the bomber fleet of the LW hovered around 900-1200 during the war. Hence for the rest of the campaign, the LW's offensive capability should be greatly reduced because they only have ~300 bombers left to use from maps #4 to #8. That's dynamic.

No. What many don't know is that the current implementation of technochat is unfinished and what that means. I see why it was implemented but having “No HUD” is no guarantee of more realism. Fighter players will argue otherwise because they don't drop bombs or shoot rockets so they don't see where the issues lie. Here's an example. With technochat off, there is currently no visual indication that bombs are armed, bomb doors are open (depends on the bomber), which bomb series, which drop interval... If I need to ditch my bombs because I am wounded, how can I disarm my bombs and discreetly ditch them without letting the enemy know? Like, am I supposed to just memorize the drop sequence and keep track throughout the sortie? Bring back Technochat until the devs fix these issues. If players want it off, they can disable it on their own. It should not be enabled at the cost of a substantial minority. It's not like it's cheating either. I think players who were quick to suggest turning off technochat did not thoroughly consider the bomber/ground attacker aspect of the situation which has essentially rendered any ground attacker/bomber to what they are doing. Did I just select Underwing: Single? or is it Underwing: Both?

Also, almost forgot:

Edited by =KG76=flyus747
Add new types of targets
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

7.GShAP/Silas
2 hours ago, =KG76=flyus747 said:

How to invite more people to TAW (mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ?  

Give each nation its own unique flavor. The decision to choose which side they register shouldn’t be solely based on what plane they want to fly. Deepen that decision making. Maybe I’ll fly Red because I can regain lives faster. As one user pointed out, if one nation generally has better planes, players will generally flock to that side. So give them other reasons to want to fly the less popular factions. Introduce external "perks" for flying on a certain team. For instance, do I want to fly on the team that can regain planes every 2 CM instead of 3? So on so forth...

This is a good idea.

• Like 1

PhoenixLights97
3 hours ago, =KG76=flyus747 said:

The CM thing sounds cool but a lot of players don't care too much about the CMs as they almost never run out of planes.

If that's not enough you could make it so that a pilot on the red team has a lot more of a chance to survive a bailout behind enemy lines without getting captured. Partisans saved him or something...

=TH=Max16

Guys, the data submitted earlier about the number of participants, lose their relevance. I would like to know the approximate start date of the new campaign.

JG5_Schuck

The Realism (or as close to). The whole TAW experience!

(Question mostly to ADW veterans who understand this system) Do you like the idea of historical50%-balanced50% planeset line unlocked by points (squadron lines or individual lines)?

I would love to see a 100% historical plane set ( i've listed some ideas below).
I believe all planes should be available to all players, but maybe the loadouts could be unlocked through the experience points system.

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ? 

Please see below....

No, historic AAA only thanks.

No...... Points should be for medals and rank...

Never..... even if there's only a Ju52 left, i'll fly it!

I do abit of both.. But i'm no 'Hartmann'

Do you like limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ?

Its Ok, and probably the best solution for team balancing.

How often you fly transport  to recieve +1CM ?

Now and again, but i mainly fly the 52 to resupply it the need arises.

Im bias.........  i've enjoyed them all, that's why i donate to help keep them going!

No, but the map seemed to move very quickly this time...

Realism..

The front line seems to move far to quickly, one evening its 50/50, 24hrs later the map is over!!

It's what sets TAW apart from the other servers.
There are plenty of others with Technochat if you can't fly without it, please don't turn it back on for this one!
In fact i'd love to see the compass and G-meter disabled as well..

Ideas:
No 1) Would it be possible to have the front lines something like this to help slow down how quickly the map moves, maybe town by town?
Also someone mentioned hiding the tank/resupply columns/bridges. Maybe they could be 'found' by allied reccon planes (U2 ?) to help offset the Germans ability to do para drops?

No 2) Realistic plane sets....  i would love to see this, and it would be even better if we could have realistic numbers to represent the planes available.
I've looked up a set of figures for plane availability from 08-10 1944 Western Front (from the old 1946 days), and added them to the TAW plane set.
By doing it this way it would not effect the total number of planes available, but would accurately represent the allies ability to replace damaged planes through the shear number they had. (the A20 numbers are actually for B25, but we don't have any in game)
I think this may also encourage more people to fly RED. As replacement planes will be easier to come by.

No 3) The experience points system, someone also mentioned resetting all the experience points when you die.
I think this is a great idea, but the individual should still keep the medals they have earned and the rank they have achieved (abit like losing your streak, and having to start again, but still keeping you max streak), this would also tie in well with unlocks being available through experience points.
So CM's for planes, and experience points for Rank, medals and unlocks.

So keep up the good work LG its much appreciated..
Thanks.

TAW Front lines.PNG

TAW Plane set.PNG

Edited by JG5_Schuck
  • Confused 1

ACG_Medln
2 hours ago, JG5_Schuck said:

The Realism (or as close to). The whole TAW experience!

I would love to see a 100% historical plane set ( i've listed some ideas below).
I believe all planes should be available to all players, but maybe the loadouts could be unlocked through the experience points system.

Please see below....

No, historic AAA only thanks.

No...... Points should be for medals and rank...

Never..... even if there's only a Ju52 left, i'll fly it!

I do abit of both.. But i'm no 'Hartmann'

Its Ok, and probably the best solution for team balancing.

How often you fly transport  to recieve +1CM ?

Now and again, but i mainly fly the 52 to resupply it the need arises.

Im bias.........  i've enjoyed them all, that's why i donate to help keep them going!

No, but the map seemed to move very quickly this time...

Realism..

The front line seems to move far to quickly, one evening its 50/50, 24hrs later the map is over!!

It's what sets TAW apart from the other servers.
There are plenty of others with Technochat if you can't fly without it, please don't turn it back on for this one!
In fact i'd love to see the compass and G-meter disabled as well..

Ideas:
No 1) Would it be possible to have the front lines something like this to help slow down how quickly the map moves, maybe town by town?
Also someone mentioned hiding the tank/resupply columns/bridges. Maybe they could be 'found' by allied reccon planes (U2 ?) to help offset the Germans ability to do para drops?

No 2) Realistic plane sets....  i would love to see this, and it would be even better if we could have realistic numbers to represent the planes available.
I've looked up a set of figures for plane availability from 08-10 1944 Western Front (from the old 1946 days), and added them to the TAW plane set.
By doing it this way it would not effect the total number of planes available, but would accurately represent the allies ability to replace damaged planes through the shear number they had. (the A20 numbers are actually for B25, but we don't have any in game)
I think this may also encourage more people to fly RED. As replacement planes will be easier to come by.

No 3) The experience points system, someone also mentioned resetting all the experience points when you die.
I think this is a great idea, but the individual should still keep the medals they have earned and the rank they have achieved (abit like losing your streak, and having to start again, but still keeping you max streak), this would also tie in well with unlocks being available through experience points.
So CM's for planes, and experience points for Rank, medals and unlocks.

So keep up the good work LG its much appreciated..
Thanks.

TAW Front lines.PNG

TAW Plane set.PNG

let me guess, you fly mostly on the german side?

You don't attract people to fly red just because they have more spare bombers, the majority who fly red are fighters and even with the last eastern front setup the 109s and fws were more op compared to the russian fighters, you'd just make it even more unbalanced. I find TAW attractive for the enjoyment you get doing everything right (setting engine up properly, navigating to destination etc.) and then getting a kill. If you make it more unreasonably unbalanced nobody will want to fly on red anymore.

Only thing I found great is the recommendation of slowing down rounds via frontlines that should be harder to take over.

JG5_Schuck

Hmmmm.. JG5..... i fly mostly German,

How did you figure that out?

I think the idea is to post suggestions and let the guys who run the server take the bits from it they like.

Not to knock other peoples ideas...

Did you even read what i have said, the idea is to give the allies More planes to reflect what was historically available, 

So 27 allied fighters v 6 German... and 15 bombers/attackers v 4....

And the ability to bail out or land a damaged plane and jump straight into a new one, something the Germans just couldn't do with the equipment shortages...

how is that making it worse for the Red side?

So i'm curious...what great ideas do you have?

• Like 1

ACG_Medln
29 minutes ago, JG5_Schuck said:

Hmmmm.. JG5..... i fly mostly German,

How did you figure that out?

I think the idea is to post suggestions and let the guys who run the server take the bits from it they like.

Not to knock other peoples ideas...

Did you even read what i have said, the idea is to give the allies More planes to reflect what was historically available, 

So 27 allied fighters v 6 German... and 15 bombers/attackers v 4....

And the ability to bail out or land a damaged plane and jump straight into a new one, something the Germans just couldn't do with the equipment shortages...

how is that making it worse for the Red side?

So i'm curious...what great ideas do you have?

I didn't know people can't critisize others suggestions, I'll make sure to approve with every suggestion you make next time

I don't think you realize how much harder it is flying in the russian team, just adding more planes in the reserve won't fix it, people will still want to rather go to german side than russian.

Let me tell you the obvious and explain that there won't be more people flying russian planes than german ones, the owners of the server did a great job by atleast trying to balance it but the problem of your suggestion that I am critisizing you for is that you want the balance completly removed. 

Let me ask you, will the server attract more players with 100% realism? You would have to force players into playing russians and that includes you, realistically speaking you'd have something of a 1 to 8 chance of playing in your favourite team, so would you really want 100% realism implemented? 

JG5_Schuck

Make sure you do.....

And will the server attract more players with 100% realism.... the answer is, i don't know, no one does unless they first try it first,

and if it doesn't work revert back.

And by making a suggestion rather than a criticism, i am trying to help find a possible solution,

and not berating those who are, whilst offering nothing myself..

And as you correctly state, people will always gravitate towards the German planes, (they have done for the 25 years i've been flight simming!) but this does not necessarily mean better pilots!

And in all the campaigns i have taken part in, the Reds always seem to have better team coordination.. which is what counts in a server like TAW.

=TH=mincer

IMHO a much better planeset would have been (fighters):

Map 1: leave as it is

Map 2:

Allies: P47, Spitfire IX, P51 (locked fuel), Tempest (locked engine)

Axis: Fw-190A8, Bf-109G14, Fw-190D9

Map 3:

Allies: P47, Spitfire IX, P51 (unlocked fuel), Tempest (unlocked engine)

Axis: Bf-109G14, Fw-190D9, Bf-109K4 (locked engine), Me-262

What happened on the last Western front is that Axis almost immediately got a uber-helicopter 109-K4, that heavily skewed the balance towards their side, and later on Me-262 got it much worse. Again, due to this there were more Axis pilots overall (who does not like fly a better plane against an inferior one?) and many remaining reds just stopped flying after the first map.

Edited by =TH=mincer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Blakhart
14 hours ago, JG5_Schuck said:

And in all the campaigns i have taken part in, the Reds always seem to have better team coordination.. which is what counts in a server like TAW.

Not really... It`s never ending story about "Hartmaning" at 8k plus red advantage with loadout , Pe2 & sturmovik`s.
Saw this dozen times on different servers, campaigns, wars.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have few solutions. Keep fingers crossed about the script progress. We are preparing something huge.

All of you will be at the same time suprised, happy and disapointed.

And after few missions start to hate every minute spent in the war...

You will hate us, your plane, your teammates, gameplay, AAA but with every drop of bitterness & hate you will get addicted even more.

Because this is the hardest and most realistic project in the il2. 

Only here you can see how sensless is war when you sacrifice your energy and virt life for nothing, because after few hours someone captured the city where half of your team died. Like in the real conflict.

Only here feel fear, adrenaline, hate, happines in one mission.
Only here your hands shake and sweat when you are about to engage.

The place where 1 airkill is worth more than 5 on the other servers ;)

Thats why you guys are still here...

Adicted as I 😄

About questions when the TAW will start.

1st. When magnificent Kathon will create new features.

2nd When the teams will balance the numbers on Red and Blue side, check the list and calculate.

Edited by =LG=Blakhart
  • Upvote 6

ACG_Medln
3 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Not really... It`s never ending story about "Hartmaning" at 8k plus red advantage with loadout , Pe2 & sturmovik`s.
Saw this dozen times on different servers, campaigns, wars.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have few solutions. Keep fingers crossed about the script progress. We are preparing something huge.

All of you will be at the same time suprised, happy and disapointed.

And after few missions start to hate every minute spent in the war...

You will hate us, your plane, your teammates, gameplay, AAA but with every drop of bitterness & hate you will get addicted even more.

Because this is the hardest and most realistic project in the il2. 

Only here you can see how sensless is war when you sacrifice your energy and virt life for nothing, because after few hours someone captured the city where half of your team died. Like in the real conflict.

Only here feel fear, adrenaline, hate, happines in one mission.
Only here your hands shake and sweat when you are about to engage.

The place where 1 airkill is worth more than 5 on the other servers ;)

Thats why you guys are still here...

Adicted as I 😄

About questions when the TAW will start.

1st. When magnificent Kathon will create new features.

2nd When the teams will balance the numbers on Red and Blue side, check the list and calculate.

fingers crossed that we will have forced 1/5 ratio in russian favour 😁

1/SG2_Faint

When will be our loooooovely server available to fly ? (+-) Tired already of this dogfights, and  death conveyors.  :( And next time will be east, or west ?

p.s. Here is a cat with a big hope in the eyes

F8D49726-4C6A-483E-BED6-9EE80B1F0041.jpeg

PhoenixLights97
1 hour ago, 1/SG2_Faint said:

When will be our loooooovely server available to fly ? (+-) Tired already of this dogfights, and  death conveyors.  :( And next time will be east, or west ?

It will be east, it alternates east then west etc

Blakhart
3 hours ago, 1/SG2_Faint said:

We will wait till first suicide attempt. 

• Haha 2

Ala13_Antiguo

individual pilots are we out?
 Red pilot , only PE2, europe

Edited by Ala13_Antiguo
  • Upvote 2

HR_Tofolo
57 minutes ago, Ala13_Antiguo said:

individual pilots are we out?
 Red pilot , only PE2, europe

You'll never fly alone as PE-2, Chiño😆

• Like 1

-DED-geny

Squadron name: -DED-

Number of active pilots: 5

Time zone: Europe 19:00-23:00 +3GMT

• Thanks 3

=OPFR=the_rooster

Squadron name: =OPFR=

Number of active pilots: 12

Time zone: US MST

• Thanks 4

-DED-GreyGoose

A couple notes about TAW war from my side and not only.
It’s look like most of pilots from all countries vote of historical and realistic component in gameplay including me. But I kindly ask you do not tune up same of this component to the axis side. Now I’m talking about weather. 
Most of Russian planes does not allow to run away or catch up German plane in all periods of East front actions. In situation when you can’t hide from constantly boom-zoom superior forces and advantage numbers of pilots it is really sucks. 
Weather should be always flying sure but more realistic. So called weather Malibu preset without any clouds constantly running day by day do not have any common part with real air war. This kind of weather get in time ten days per year in city where I live and without doubt in most part of Russian regions. Moscow weather is not Malibu. Trust me. 
I don’t ask to heavy rain with thunder strikes but clouds (high/low/double layer/rare/light/solid/ unbroken or something else) should be in most time of sessions. Give a chance to hide of. Especially to sturmoviks and bombers.  Also realistic weather will rise a chance to live for Russian side pilots and slightly improve balance to equal. 
Also some items should be discussed if you announce TAW war as realistic simulator of WW2.
Poison neon color skins of some pilots which is give advantage in early identifications of friendly/enemy.
And low (10-20-30) fuel level for easy and quick start and go asap to hit the nearest target.
Don’t forget about ground attackers who always come to die on enemy territory instead of generals who never cross the front line living at open space and waiting flak shots and announcement about invasion. Collecting points and equal quantity of lives should not be the same.
My humble opinion that only the right answer to some questions from both Red/Blue side “Why you have that one….. or those one….. on your server is:
This was historical
This is realistic
This wasn’t historical or isn’t realistic but we can’t do it (fix or make) right now. We are working on it.
Anyway on present days TAW war is the most interesting and realistic war server which is constantly growing to the best day by day. Thank you. Best regards. See you in the sky.

• Upvote 3

kestrel79

Ooo no Technochat? I'll have to give this a go! I just added the pilot photos that show all the engine settings for every plane in the game, so I'm ready to go full real in VR!

• Like 2

JG5_Schuck
1 hour ago, kestrel79 said:

Ooo no Technochat? I'll have to give this a go! I just added the pilot photos that show all the engine settings for every plane in the game, so I'm ready to go full real in VR!

Mate...... you are going to love it,

once you fly without it, there's no going back!

Squadron name: Jagdgeschwader 5 (JG5)

Number of active pilots: 5 (possibly 6)

Side: Axis

Time Zone: GMT 20:00hrs a couple of times a week! (maybe a bit more if the missus is not about!)

Blakhart
On 3/5/2021 at 3:40 AM, -DED-GreyGoose said:

Thx for reply!

Weather in TAW is dynamic. Sometimes CAVOK ,sometimes 8/8 (full) clouds at 500m. Did you flew last campaign ?

About balance - new planeset and new point system which boost dirty job soldiers/pilots ( not "generals" & Hartmans) is under construction. 
There will be difference between red&blue side simulating production advantage too.

p.s.
Bring more guys from russian forum, let then know about the project. 
Wings of liberty is very good for training but last step is always TAW ;)

p.s2

Guys join TAW Discord!!! 

----------->   https://discord.gg/WYSYSjVNMM

• Like 1

ACG_Medln
On 3/2/2021 at 7:39 PM, =LG=Blakhart said:

We will wait till first suicide attempt. 

any longer and people will have to be put in suicide watch xD

PhoenixLights97
41 minutes ago, ACG_Medln said:

any longer and people will have to be put in suicide watch xD

Blak said they are waiting for the first suicide attempt, anyone willing to take one for the team?

• Haha 2

• BlackSix locked and unpinned this topic
  • BlackSix unlocked this topic
  • BlackSix pinned this topic