Tactical Air War

=LG=Kathon

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
3 hours ago, Kap-the-head said:

Ok, I am confused... The last few maps I looked at had no blue tank columns.  If the tanks are the deciding factor in victory, then how are reds supposed destroy blue tanks if there none on the map?

The tanks are not the deciding factor in victory.

From manual:

There are three ways to win a map:

• enemy loses all its cities
  • enemy has no open airfields
  • enemy exceeds aircraft or pilots limit
  • Thanks 1

AKA_Relent
3 hours ago, Kap-the-head said:

Ok, I am confused... The last few maps I looked at had no blue tank columns.  If the tanks are the deciding factor in victory, then how are reds supposed destroy blue tanks if there none on the map?

As Lawyer said, tanks are not one of the winning conditions.  However, if a side runs out of tanks they cannot advance/capture towns (well, except the Luftwaffe can up to two times per map using paratroopers, but that’s another story (see the manual).

if there are no advancing enemy tank columns, you can still find tanks in defensive strongpoints, and in random flak groups near the front lines.

• Upvote 1

=LG=Blakhart

Question to RUS community, if we would like to make an order of awards for units like being guardian unit , Order of the red star, order of the red baner.

Which one of them would be the most important, which 2nd, 3rd, etc. ?

PhoenixLights97
17 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Then start chute killing

The reds killed me in my chute every time I bailed during this campaign ( 1 time ) :) and I think I got Hauptmann on map 1 lol. Yesterday 50% of players online were Hauptmann or higher. Its simply too easy to get. 

Edit: Actually I bailed 2 times, the 2nd time they TRIED to killed me but didn't get me in time. Anywho, chute killing is not the solution

Edited by PhoenixLights97

JG77_Ammi
Just now, PhoenixLights97 said:

The reds killed me in my chute every time I bailed during this campaign ( 1 time ) :) and I think I got Hauptmann on map 1 lol. Yesterday 50% of players online were Hauptmann or higher. Its simply too easy to get. 

Edit: Actually I bailed 2 times, the 2nd time they TRIED to killed me but didn't get me in time. Anywho, chute killing is not the solution

the xp penalty for dying is not very high. people who fly a lot of missions don't care about the life system and the xp penalty. i think it rewards people who fly a lot and punishes people who fly little.
i would suggest to increase the xp penalty with the rank. if you have a low rank you lose little xp, if you have the highest rank you lose a lot of xp.

AKA_Relent

Didn’t mainly the experten of the experten fly the 262 (I.e. JV-44)?  Why not have just those German fliers on the top 5 list (for air to air) be allowed to fly the 262?  Now we’re talking “earn it”! :)

-=RedS=-Str1ke
6 часов назад, =LG=Blakhart сказал:

Question to RUS community, if we would like to make an order of awards for units like being guardian unit , Order of the red star, order of the red baner.

Which one of them would be the most important, which 2nd, 3rd, etc. ?

1) guardian

2) guardian of the red star

3) guardian of the red banner

=LG=Blakhart
17 minutes ago, -=RedS=-Str1ke said:

1) guardian

Strike, can you give any resource ? Some link/ book/ website  etc. I was explaining this to my friends but they doubt. 

-=RedS=-Str1ke
1 час назад, =LG=Blakhart сказал:

Strike, can you give any resource ? Some link/ book/ website  etc. I was explaining this to my friends but they doubt. 

This not historical gradation, that was on ADW...

Historical ther were rank in a name of city, operation, order... for example

46th Guards Night Bomber Aviation Taman Red Banner and Order of Suvorov Regiment...

i think you need to come up with gradattion with using orders of Red Army.

ACG_Vietkong
1 hour ago, -=RedS=-Str1ke said:

1) guardian

I´ve heard of "Guards" award converting regiments into Guards units when they had good performance and in some cases when sustained colossal losses

Also :  Order of the Red star ( I´ve never seen a regiment or division given this award, only individual pilots)

Order of the Red banner (Many Regiments got this award)

I too am curious about this

Edited by ACG_Vietkong

=LG=Blakhart
56 minutes ago, -=RedS=-Str1ke said:

This not historical gradation, that was on ADW...

Historical ther were rank in a name of city, operation, order... for example

46th Guards Night Bomber Aviation Taman Red Banner and Order of Suvorov Regiment...

i think you need to come up with gradattion with using orders of Red Army.

rgr! Thank You!

-=RedS=-Str1ke
2 часа назад, ACG_Vietkong сказал:

I´ve heard of "Guards" award converting regiments into Guards units when they had good performance and in some cases when sustained colossal losses

Also :  Order of the Red star ( I´ve never seen a regiment or division given this award, only individual pilots)

Order of the Red banner (Many Regiments got this award)

I too am curious about this

for example

https://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/44-й_гвардейский_миномётный_полк_реактивной_артиллерии

44th Guards
mortar Taman Red Banner Order
Red Star Regiment
  • Thanks 1

72AG_SerWolf

Nothing has changed.. reds capture AF at the morningScreenshot_20210204_102705.thumb.jpg.bb33ef6eb8ee8534cdba59dda24c22af.jpg

And another question. Why axis have 10 destroyed planes? Plane on AF ground counted?

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
20 minutes ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

Plane on AF ground counted?

Yes

20 minutes ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

Nothing has changed..

Why do you only compare our balance in the morning? Look at how it was during the whole day

20210204_094304.jpg

20210204_094236.jpg

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1

72AG_SerWolf
27 минут назад, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 сказал:

Why do you only compare our balance in the morning? Look at how it was during the whole day

20210204_094304.jpg

20210204_094236.jpg

My opinion that 20:10 more best then 16:4 in mission#199

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
14 minutes ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

My opinion that 20:10 more best then 16:4 in mission#199

The difference between 10 pilots (1st case) and 12 (2nd case) is not very big

But I agree with the opinion that large distortions in the number of sides only spoil the game. I wrote a lot about this here, but then I accepted it and accepted it as a feature of the server. This time, the blue team was unlucky, the red team was unlucky in the last campaign

C'est la vie

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Upvote 1

=LG=Blakhart

Both teams do the same.

OPFR just have everyone on comms and focus on GK so they push frontline

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
3 hours ago, 72AG_SerWolf said:

40vs30, 11vs1 have 10 pilots difference too.But this is not same amount :)

Absolutely right

Well I am having fun ! 
Flying red attackers is really a challenge. Not much communication during my time slot. Usually outnumbered by blue unless I get up early or stay up late. I love the A-20 and prefer it over the P-47. I rarely fly fighter unless close to end of time. Then I fly mainly for training over friendly territory. Actually did get one kill when someone flew over my home field five minutes left.

I am not really familiar with Allied aircraft preferring the Eastern front early Soviet IL-2s. I watching the YouTube videos and keep a notebook on each aircraft specifics; rpm, boost, radiator settings, et cet. Makes the game easier for sure !

I am currently in the top one hundred in statistics (for now!) which just goes to show that anyone can play this game with a little forethought and playing  to your strengths. I know I suck horribly flying fighters so I don’t fly them. I plan my attacks and try to team up with my allies either chat or SRS. Thanks so much to the people who run the server ! Gives this old fart a way to get through the winter and Covid isolation! 
Donation sent !

Edited by Mm1ut1
Updated
  • Like 9

=LG=Blakhart
3 hours ago, Mm1ut1 said:

Well I am having fun ! 
Flying red attackers is really a challenge. Not much communication during my time slot. Usually outnumbered by blue unless I get up early or stay up late. I love the A-20 and prefer it over the P-47. I rarely fly fighter unless close to end of time. Then I fly mainly for training over friendly territory. Actually did get one kill when someone flew over my home field five minutes left.

I am not really familiar with Allied aircraft preferring the Eastern front early Soviet IL-2s. I watching the YouTube videos and keep a notebook on each aircraft specifics; rpm, boost, radiator settings, et cet. Makes the game easier for sure !

I am currently in the top one hundred in statistics (for now!) which just goes to show that anyone can play this game with a little forethought and playing  to your strengths. I know I suck horribly flying fighters so I don’t fly them. I plan my attacks and try to team up with my allies either chat or SRS. Thanks so much to the people who run the server ! Gives this old fart a way to get through the winter and Covid isolation! 
Donation sent !

Well good to hear that someone have fun ;] & thx for the support!

• Upvote 1

=TH=Kap-the-head

Once again, no blue tanks... Even though red depot is more damaged than the blue.  There is a rumor that blue tanks don't appear at certain times during the day... Now that's just silly, and can't possibly be true, can it?

=TH=mincer
21 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

20210204_094236.jpg

On the side one, why are allies so unpopular for the european players? I understand that no one wants to fly an I-16 against a 109, but on the western front the fighter gap is not that big.

• Like 1

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
3 minutes ago, mincer said:

On the side one, why are allies so unpopular for the european players? I understand that no one wants to fly an I-16 against a 109, but on the western front the fighter gap is not that big.

🤷‍♂️

=TH=Max16

The 1st Polish Infantry Division named after Tadeusz Kosciuszko entered on October 12, 1943 near the village of Lenino, Mogilev region, and in January 1945 it liberated Warsaw, for which it was awarded the honorary title "Warsaw" and the Order of the Red Banner (awarded on January 19, 1945). She ended the war in Berlin, receiving the Order of Kutuzov II degree on May 4 for her participation in the Berlin operation. (The source of information is the History portal.RUSSIAN FEDERATION, https://histrf.ru/biblioteka/b/polkovnik-zampolit-i-ksienzd-istoriia-1-i-polskoi-divizii-imieni-kostiushko). Guys, read your story, it's all there.there is.In general, the simplest 15,000-the Guard, For every trace of 5000, the Order of the BKZ, Victory on the map-Kutuzov and Suvorov degrees. Victory in the war of Lenin.Score thresholds are debatable

Edited by Max16

=LG=Blakhart
58 minutes ago, Max16 said:

Guys, read your story, it's all there.there is.In general, the simplest 15,000-the Guard, For every trace of 5000, the Order of the BKZ, Victory on the map-Kutuzov and Suvorov degrees. Victory in the war of Lenin.Score thresholds are debatable

Thx, I know story of 1st Division  ;]

15,000 ? 5000 ? What you mean ? 

Do you know what is the name of the changing of the rules by the losing side in the very process of the game?  Hide not only tanks from raids, at an inconvenient time for you, but also all ground equipment in general .. A party flying on privileged aircraft cannot not only lose with dignity, but also behave like a man ...

P.S.  In the group of red pilots "Sober Sky" not only is there a "slight" loss of interest in the war on the western front, but also a transition from your manually adjusted server is being prepared ...

=LG=Blakhart
33 minutes ago, BPAT said:

Check 2nd question and voting result and accept facts and democratic decisions of community - not LG

also

You are frustrated. Angry. So you come here and wanna fight. Here you have simple, straight facts:

Red side is loosing not because of the rules, but because 70% players dont attack the targets.

Even Sober Sky is doing good missions you will not win alone without good support of other teams.

Check ground kills

top 10  GK teams , only 3 red teams  have any serious will to follow mission tasks

gk.thumb.png.2f9ae47f2389364544daa072fbf7f9c4.png

Go and ask other red players why they fly transport sorties and fighters on 7-8k instead of killing tanks and def positions ;)

You barely lost 1st map, won only because of bug and night offline shift

Then you lost 2nd because of the tanks

3rd looks also promising ;)

Also

Red depot damaged https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=201

Red depot damaged https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=202

Red depot damaged https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=203

again https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=204

and again https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=206

tanks destroyed https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=208

check in manual what means destroying the depo for the logic

then learn how to loose with dignity instead of crying 

Now you can say loudly: I`m sorry and dismiss soldier.

Edited by =LG=Blakhart

1 час назад, =LG=Blakhart сказал:

Проверьте второй вопрос и результат голосования и примите факты и демократические решения сообщества, а не LG

также

Вы разочарованы. Сердитый. Итак, вы пришли сюда и хотите драться. Вот вам простые и понятные факты:

Красная сторона проигрывает не из-за правил, а потому, что 70% игроков не атакуют цели.

Даже Sober Sky выполняет хорошие миссии, вы не выиграете в одиночку без хорошей поддержки других команд.

Проверить наземные убийства

10 лучших команд GK, только 3 красные команды имеют серьезное желание выполнять задачи миссии

Пойдите и спросите других красных игроков, почему они летают на транспортных самолетах и истребителях на 7-8 км вместо того, чтобы убивать танки и позиции защиты. ;)

Вы почти не проиграли 1-ю карту, выиграли только из-за бага и ночной офлайн-смены

Потом ты проиграл 2-е из-за танков

3-й выглядит также многообещающе ;)

Также

Красный депо поврежден  https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=201

Красный депо поврежден  https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=202

Красный депо поврежден  https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=203

снова  https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=204

и снова  https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=206

танки уничтожены  https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=208

проверьте в руководстве, что означает уничтожение депо для логики

тогда научись терять достоинство вместо того, чтобы плакать. 

Теперь ты можешь громко сказать: извини и уволить солдата.

Phenomenal democracy!  The Blue team, in an English-speaking forum that most Red pilots do not attend, voted unanimously to hide their tank columns when they cannot cover them, made a major contribution to achieving a just victory ... Well done!  Keep it up!!!))

P.S. You are deviating from the topic .. The question is not in the number of attacking ground targets, but in the availability, so competently removed, at the right time piece of iron ...

Edited by BPAT

=LG=Blakhart

Poll was announced 2 weeks ago on the forum, russian forum, fb ad vk.

Also check russian forum TAW topic , 20 January I posted info about voting.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/3

955-tactical-air-war/page/160/

Its your fault you missed it.

Poll is still active. Go vote. 

This is community will, not blue team.

You dont ask, make sensless accusations because of your lack of understanding and knowledge. 

I have no longer will to talk with you nor explain anything until I ll hear your apologies.

Edited by =LG=Blakhart

5 минут назад, =LG=Blakhart сказал:

Опрос был объявлен 2 недели назад на форуме фб и вк.

Также проверьте тему TAW на русском форуме, 20 января я разместил информацию о голосовании.

Это твоя вина, что ты это пропустил.

Опрос все еще активен. Иди проголосуй. 

Это воля сообщества, а не синяя команда.

Вы не спрашиваете, не делаете бессмысленных обвинений из-за вашего непонимания. 
У меня больше нет желания ни говорить с вами, ни объяснять что-либо. 

Didn't miss anything.  Voted for the change for the night shift, BUT I didn't think there would be a complete absence of such columns ...

P.S. And yes ... Communication with you, my dear Polish friend, does not cause anything but disgust to me ... End of communication.

=LG=Blakhart
7 minutes ago, BPAT said:

I didn't think there would be a complete absence of such columns .

Info for all

There are columns 24 hrs
Night shift activity is decreased but NOT canceled as the community decided.

Last missions red depot was bombed as I mentioned so it affects logic.

Your tanks column was destroyed in previous mission as I mentioned but you are not too enough intelligent to understand it or you cant read.

Also You know there was voting and I did all the effort to let everyone know about it but you accuse about being not fair...

What a piece of **** you are... really...

Edited by =LG=Blakhart
  • Haha 1

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
1 hour ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Check 2nd question and voting result

Please check the result of the vote on 1st question. The votes are almost equal can we find a compromise and close the airfields for at least 3-4 missions or more?

=L/R=Rafcio
3 hours ago, Max16 said:

The 1st Polish Infantry Division named after Tadeusz Kosciuszko entered on October 12, 1943 near the village of Lenino, Mogilev region, and in January 1945 it liberated Warsaw, for which it was awarded the honorary title "Warsaw" and the Order of the Red Banner (awarded on January 19, 1945). She ended the war in Berlin, receiving the Order of Kutuzov II degree on May 4 for her participation in the Berlin operation. (The source of information is the History portal.RUSSIAN FEDERATION, https://histrf.ru/biblioteka/b/polkovnik-zampolit-i-ksienzd-istoriia-1-i-polskoi-divizii-imieni-kostiushko). Guys, read your story, it's all there.there is.In general, the simplest 15,000-the Guard, For every trace of 5000, the Order of the BKZ, Victory on the map-Kutuzov and Suvorov degrees. Victory in the war of Lenin.Score thresholds are debatable

We know our history. It is about positioning aid, because Polish units, as they did not belong to the Red Army, although they fought bravely side by side on the Eastern Front from Lenino to Berlin, could not be awarded with the Guard title. Like the French Normandie-Niemen regiment. After the Battle of Lenino on October 12, 1943, it happened that Comrade Stalin gave several Polish soldiers the Hero of the Soviet Union. Someone noticed that it is only given to Soviet citizens, so they did not take the titles, but they did not give more to anyone. So we wanted to find out how it was with you. From what you wrote, you propose this layout: most important - Order of Lenin - for winning the whole war, the second - the Order of Kutuzov or Suvorov - for winning one map, Guard title - threshold of 15,000 points, Order of the Red Banner -  threshold of 5,000 points. You wrote it very chaotically. That's how I understood it. It is correct. In addition, I will put the badge of the 1st Warsaw Infantry Division. From Lenino to Berlin together with the Red Army. Thank You for your help im positioning.

images.jpeg

Edited by =L/R=Rafcio

=TH=Alman
23 минуты назад, =L/R=Rafcio сказал:

From what you wrote, you propose this layout: most important - Order of Lenin - for winning the whole war, the second - the Order of Kutuzov or Suvorov - for winning one map, Guard title - threshold of 15,000 points, Order of the Red Banner -  threshold of 5,000 points. You wrote it very chaotically. That's how I understood it. It is correct. In addition, I will put the badge of the 1st Warsaw Infantry Division. From Lenino to Berlin together with the Red Army. Thank You for your help im positioning.

images.jpeg

I think you've got it right

=TH=Max16

Guys, I have written properly. My English is very bad. Threshold of 10-15000 experience, awarded the rank of Guard. Every next 5000-7000 Battle Red Banner. Victory on the map-the enemy of Kutuzov comes, you come Suvorov. Participation in the sinking of a naval convoy. Nakhimov, Ushakov. Names by place of battle - On the cards. Example. T N-Guards, twice Red Banner, Orders of Suvorov 1-2 degrees, Kutuzov 1-2 degrees, Order of Lenin Mixed aviation Regiment. Something like this. But I gave the general line, and how you decide there, I don't care. Though the battalions insult. I don't care what name the blue ones go by. Парни, я написал нормально. Мой английский, очень плохо. Порог 10-15000 опыта, присваивается звание Гвардейский. Каждые следующие 5000-7000 Боевого Красного знамени. Победа на карте -наступает противник Кутузова, наступаешь ты Суворова.  Участие в потопление конвоя морского. Нахимова, Ушакова. Имена по  месту боёв- По картам. Пример. Т Н- Гвардейский, дважды Краснознамённый, орденов Суворова 1-2 степени, Кутузова 1-2 степени, ордена Ленина Дон смешанный авиаполк. Примерно так. Но  я дал общую линию, а как вы там нарешаете, мне по барабану. Хоть штрафбатам обзовите. Мне всё равно под каким именем синих нагибать.

Edited by Max16
добавление
  • Haha 1

=LG=Blakhart
46 minutes ago, Max16 said:

Thanks, we understood. We have some ideas about new future features but everything is in under progress. Rather only 3 awards for the begin.

=TH=mincer
6 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

top 10  GK teams , only 3 red teams  have any serious will to follow mission tasks

Go and ask other red players why they fly transport sorties and fighters on 7-8k instead of killing tanks and def positions ;)

I actually have the same question. Allied squads gotta step up their ground attack game. We need some help.

Edited by mincer

• BlackSix locked and unpinned this topic