Tactical Air War

=LG=Kathon

ACG_Medln
On 3/11/2021 at 11:51 PM, PhoenixLights97 said:

Blak said they are waiting for the first suicide attempt, anyone willing to take one for the team?

deliberately bought a 1440p monitor to better spot these crappy dots so somebody else gotta do it¬†ūüėĀ

=LG=Blakhart
7 hours ago, -CSM-LepraLeprovic said:

Will murder attempt do? Poland isnt that far...

No.

But You are next on the list...

comment_boCBmZmZT7tGyadGvym2TQzubuMPkZ0G.jpg

CSW_Rannisokol
1 hour ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

No.

How dare you! Our national heroūü•ļ

6./ZG26_Saker

Looking forward to it!

Squadron name: 6./ZG26

Number of active pilots: 6

Side: Axis

Time zone: Europe

=LG=Blakhart
2 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Saker said:

On 3/5/2021 at 6:57 PM, JG5_Schuck said:

On 2/22/2021 at 5:57 PM, JGr8_AzzoT said:

Fun fact no 1.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YTAYzCL_MTXNQ-CSM6yZCi3AGcsGoS81O8rHlqJDtes/edit#gid=174068285

This is initial sheet where you can check numbers, balance and so on.

Funniest thing is another teams register without any basic care about shape, gameplay and sense of next campaign.

How cool is that :)

Already around 200 blue vs 140 reds :) 

But no worries... We already prepare solution. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

-=RedS=-Str1ke
5 —á–į—Ā–ĺ–≤ –Ĺ–į–∑–į–ī, =LG=Blakhart —Ā–ļ–į–∑–į–Ľ:

Fun fact no 1.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1YTAYzCL_MTXNQ-CSM6yZCi3AGcsGoS81O8rHlqJDtes/edit#gid=174068285

Funniest thing is another teams register without any basic care about shape, gameplay and sense of next campaign.

Don't warry, more blues, just more targets to kill, they will think that they hunting for reds, and will not think that we hunting for them too :P

• Like 1

6./ZG26_Saker
8 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Fun fact no 1.

Blakhart we took the team balance into consideration, but we will probably have an average of 3-4 people flying for a total of 6 hours per week. I doubt that this will have much of an impact on the outcome. Also as you said there are "solutions" in place.

I really hope the toxicity calms down in this thread this season.

=LG=Blakhart
6 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Saker said:

No worries :) 

The registration limits for our campaign will do the job. 

JG5_Schuck
9 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Fun fact no 1.

My idea was no so much to balance teams, (although it may help to) but to reflect the historic availability of aircraft.

And the ability of each side to replace damaged aircraft.

But i'm sure i'll still enjoy the server what ever solution you come up with!

JG77_Ammi
2 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

No worries :) 

The registration limits for our campaign will do the job. 

you are aware of the fact that you kill the taw more and more the more restriction you implement. one question: how do you want to balance flight time? look at the pilot numbers of the last campaign. looks like even numbers for me. but the discusion about balance was more than ever. you cant see how much time every pilotinvests in the campaign. and this is were inbalance comes from.

Unbenannt.png

Edited by JG77_Ammi
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

=LG=Blakhart
17 minutes ago, JG77_Ammi said:

Yes, we are. 
It will be counted to.

At the end of western campaign numbers were even. 
Thats why you have this data.
On eastern front things will go in different way because of lack of spits, stangs and temps.

• Upvote 2

=TH=mincer
31 minutes ago, JG77_Ammi said:

you are aware of the fact that you kill the taw more and more the more restriction you implement.

Did you play the previous Eastern Front campaign, where on most of the maps the reds were pushed into the corner with 1-2 airfields within 36-48 after the start of a map? The whole thing was just ridiculous, a lot of folks were already thinking that TAW was dead. I strongly support the TAW team in their efforts to balance the sides. Ok, it could be imperfect, but if the community fails to recognize that extremely unbalanced teams destroy the whole experience, then from my point of view, some restrictions should be applied.

Speaking about the numbers, total pilot counts don't matter that much. What matters are the large squads that are capable of executing effective ground attack operations that can move the front line. Singleton players have little to no impact (with some exceptions of course).

Edited by =TH=mincer
  • Upvote 4

=LG=Coldman

current list of squadrons for next TAW. You got this tool to balance sides by Yourself. If You don't we will force balancing. Simple fair and honest i think.

image.thumb.png.96f3fd18b6436e5ea86730af6c886a39.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

-[HRAF]BubiHUN

Squadron name: -[HRAF]
Time Zone: Europe CET +2
Active Pilots: 8+

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 1

ACG_Medln
2 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Yes, we are. 
It will be counted to.

At the end of western campaign numbers were even. 
Thats why you have this data.
On eastern front things will go in different way because of lack of spits, stangs and temps.

even when you guys make it more valuable at getting a kill and adding balance towards how many people are on each side pls remember its going to be boring as hell when you search for just 1 109 with 5 yaks that are flying around the spot on where the 109 was seen on 

JG77_Ammi
31 minutes ago, =TH=mincer said:

Did you play the previous Eastern Front campaign, where on most of the maps the reds were pushed into the corner with 1-2 airfields within 36-48 after the start of a map? The whole thing was just ridiculous, a lot of folks were already thinking that TAW was dead. I strongly support the TAW team in their efforts to balance the sides. Ok, it could be imperfect, but if the community fails to recognize that extremely unbalanced teams destroy the whole experience, then from my point of view, some restrictions should be applied.

Speaking about the numbers, total pilot counts don't matter that much. What matters are the large squads that are capable of executing effective ground attack operations that can move the front line. Singleton players have little to no impact (with some exceptions of course).

I fly taw for years. i remember the time the red side dominated everything. last 3 taw i flew for the red side. the balance problem is a thing since player numbers begun to decrease. i think a lot of you guys can remember times when you could not enter the server in the evening, for sometimes hours, because the server was filled to the limit. its rly easy in the end. i dont need taw and i will not let someone force me to fly for one side. you guys overrate the importance of your server. the limited amount of players posting here is not your main playerbase. most guys fly on taw are silent. and they decided by the fun and freedom of action they have.

if someone of you gets salty now. this post is meant to trigger. have fun.

• Like 1

WokeUpBlue

If you fly on the smaller side and die, you lose less than a full life; for example if your team is outnumbered 2:1 you will only lose half a life. My question is: does the calculation determining how much life you lose occur the moment you spawn in or the moment you die?

E69_Falke_Wolf

Sice the "balance problem" is related to how many players are actually flying rather than how many have registered on the web (but may or may not be flying), it wouldn't be easier to be more restrictive on "real-time balance" at each mission and further limit the access of players on the side that already has more pilots flying?

Instead of putting all the importance on the registration of players or squads who could then fly 1-2 hours a week.

In my squad (E69) there may be 20-30 registered pilots, but if you check the data, it is very unusual that there are more than 8-10 flying simultaneously (and some days no one is flying at all or maybe just one). Maybe it would be enough to be more restrictive in access to the mission at the moment when there is no balance or use some kind of "quorum" needed for the mission counts.

That could also help fix the problem of having 20vs5 flying in the afternoon and 5vs20 at night.

Just my opinion, I'm sure it has been tested in the past.

Edited by E69_Falke_Wolf

=TH=Kap-the-head

=TPE3BOE HE6O= flies for the allies. For some reason they are not listed. Unless I am blind, then forgive me.

=TH=Denisik
1 hour ago, =TH=Kap-the-head said:

=TPE3BOE HE6O= flies for the allies. For some reason they are not listed. Unless I am blind, then forgive me.

most likely Coldman missed this information

0B8711E0-11CC-46A4-BF7B-800F7D048921.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6./ZG26_Saker
16 hours ago, E69_Falke_Wolf said:

Sice the "balance problem" is related to how many players are actually flying rather than how many have registered on the web (but may or may not be flying), it wouldn't be easier to be more restrictive on "real-time balance" at each mission and further limit the access of players on the side that already has more pilots flying?

Instead of putting all the importance on the registration of players or squads who could then fly 1-2 hours a week.

In my squad (E69) there may be 20-30 registered pilots, but if you check the data, it is very unusual that there are more than 8-10 flying simultaneously (and some days no one is flying at all or maybe just one). Maybe it would be enough to be more restrictive in access to the mission at the moment when there is no balance or use some kind of "quorum" needed for the mission counts.

That could also help fix the problem of having 20vs5 flying in the afternoon and 5vs20 at night.

Just my opinion, I'm sure it has been tested in the past.

+1 would be nice for tracking numbers if there was a better metric as some players will fly many, many more hours than others.

LLv24_Robbe

Hey all.

Squadron: LLv24

Time Zone: CTM +2

What is active pilot? 50h, 100h 0r 150h.
Active Pilots:             10-12, 6-8 and 2-4

-Robbe-

SCG_Wulfe
On 3/13/2021 at 8:31 PM, =LG=Blakhart said:

Fun fact no 1.

Hi Blakhart.

I don't think it's quite as lopsided as it may appear. 

It looks like these two submissions were missed on the previous page: 

Squadron name: -DED-

Number of active pilots: 5

Side: Allies

Time zone: Europe 19:00-23:00 +3GMT

Squadron name: =OPFR=

Number of active pilots: 12

Time zone: US MST (-7GMT)

Especially for the American timezone: (-5GMT to -8GMT) things are looking pretty even. I'm excited. 

Edit: 

Darn, also looks like JG5 was missed which erodes the allied addition a bit... however still looking good for the American time zone

Squadron name: Jagdgeschwader 5 (JG5)

Number of active pilots: 5 (possibly 6)

Time Zone: GMT 20:00hrs a couple of times a week! (maybe a bit more if the missus is not about!)

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Thanks 2

CSW_606_Druindin
On 3/13/2021 at 8:48 PM, =LG=Blakhart said:

No.

don't touch our mole, you better catch your own beavers

Edited by CSW_606_Druindin
  • Haha 3

[FF]Saiyon

Squadron name: [FF]

Number of active pilots: 5

Time zone: Europe (mainly Europe small overspill into US).

ACG_Vietkong

ACG should probably be split evenly between allied and axis. 30 on each side registered, more or less. 15 Active.

=LG=Blakhart
9 hours ago, CSW_606_Druindin said:

nasty creatures :)

[GCA]T1m270

Remove U2 and add GAZ AA in its place pls

Edited by [GCA]T1m270

=LG=Blakhart

Hi folks!

I`m badly looking for few experts from Blue/German side with good historical background to confront some aspects of future planeset.

Plz contact me via forum PM / TAW TS3 or Discord.

This is the time, when you can help and polish the shape of the project. Later will be too late

=TH=Kap-the-head

Can we wait until I get my Virpil set-up¬†before we start TAW? Thanks. I'll let you know when it's scheduled to arrive.¬†ūüėĄ

• Haha 1

Cpt_Siddy
On 3/21/2021 at 11:19 AM, [GCA]T1m270 said:

Its happening!!!! 

no its not

-=RedS=-Str1ke
2 —á–į—Ā–į –Ĺ–į–∑–į–ī, Cpt_Siddy —Ā–ļ–į–∑–į–Ľ:

Stop smoking Siddy!

Cpt_Siddy
1 hour ago, -=RedS=-Str1ke said:

Stop smoking Siddy!

clearly you are not protected against supermaneuvrable air-defence fighter aircrafts...

• Haha 1

• BlackSix locked and unpinned this topic