Tactical Air War

Kathon

You mean he's spying for Red side...SRS check for 3 min. Land switch side kill free planes. You really want us to made more and more rstrictions for regestering and switching sides...🧐😤🙄

• Upvote 2

AKA_Relent

@=LG= - I thought I had read somewhere in this thread that starting this TAW round, when the server pilot count is low, that it becomes harder to move the map.  Can you explain what that means in terms of how you implemented this?

Are the tank columns or defensive positions more “hardened”?  I’ve had bad luck doing much damage even on “good” defensive positions, or tanks, and just wondered if they have different “toughness” properties than if the server is more populated.

Thanks in advance.

=TH=Denisik

And what about the anti-aircraft artillery ?!

The red anti-aircraft guns are even stupid, and the blue ones shoot down at 3,000.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

They are on the same level of accuracy but its true that US aa is worse but its because of game bug :( on contrary the amount of ammo needed to kill this aa is significant higher than to german ones. You need 3-4 passes with 20mm gun to made IT suppresed and even more to destroy IT completly. We even started to use bombs or rockets or dedicated fw190 with 30mm on those armoured .50 cal aa and we died many times because we thought that aa was dead and suddenly IT start shooting again after suppresion. As soon as devs will add new better aa from normandy set we will add them. Or we consider other non historical options.

• Upvote 1

Cpt_Siddy

The murrican .50 aaa cant hit a broad side of a barn, tho. Its the only AAA i feel safe soloing in 110 without going full retard XJammer

=TH=Max16
03.02.2021 в 20:15, =LG=Blakhart сказал:

Стоп, Брюссель не может быть 100%, его не трогали. Косяк

Ow, Admins. Please stop it. Figure it out.

=2ndSS=Lawyer1

Please check the mission log, maybe one of the red pilots destroyed the objects on AF Brussels

=TH=mincer
9 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Please check the mission log, maybe one of the red pilots destroyed the objects on AF Brussels

If you look at the mission results, Allied lost 0 ground targets. I guess if there was any friendly fire, it would have recorded as a loss anyway.

bruss.thumb.png.3a1da33fa04a71cf0dddfdddfb80a10b.png

Edited by mincer

7 hours ago, mincer said:

If you look at the mission results, Allied lost 0 ground targets. I guess if there was any friendly fire, it would have recorded as a loss anyway.

bruss.thumb.png.3a1da33fa04a71cf0dddfdddfb80a10b.png

'

Kathon needs to check it in the mission log. 
Then we will have answer if its bug.

Thanks for reporting!!!

72AG_Battler_

22.JPG.126a9b54d0976daaeafcdf1f04375d98.JPG

Correct on the map in the briefing "cities of the USSR" to "cities of allies"

Cpt_Siddy
3 hours ago, 19FAB_Battler said:

22.JPG.126a9b54d0976daaeafcdf1f04375d98.JPG

Correct on the map in the briefing "cities of the USSR" to "cities of allies"

It is not a mistake, its the EU zone, defacto USSR 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

E69_Qpassa_VR

1h45min for capturing Antwerpen with parachutes, so worth it!. We flew 6 E69s the JU52, all of us dropped correctly and landed safely. Thanks for the cover LG's

Edited by E69_Qpassa_VR
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

=TH=Denisik
1 hour ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

1h45min for capturing Antwerpen with parachutes, so worth it!. We flew 6 E69s the JU52, all of us dropped correctly and landed safely. Thanks for the cover LG's

super heroes

4 hours ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

Good cooperation and sacrifice is wining even they have better planes and technical advantage ;)

Winining another map is just a matter of time :)

• Haha 1

=TH=mincer
19 minutes ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Good cooperation and sacrifice is wining even they have better planes and technical advantage ;)

Says side that has Me-262 and 109-K4 with a fantasy engine.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 3

=TH=Denisik
40 minutes ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Winining another map is just a matter of time :)

What are your beliefs and knowledge in aviation ...)))

you would also say that the red anti-aircraft artillery is stronger than yours ...

1stCL/rudidlo

I've tried to supply As airfield. (damaged 84%)
image.png.ce0a871c3c5fd9c9b64256336e0377e7.png
That airfield is marked as heavily damaged, so you can use it for landing, but why I can't supply it?
Both conditions from manual were met:

The friendly airfield will not be supplied by transport airplane in two cases:

This airfield was damaged above 85% level in current mission

This airfield was captured by enemy in current mission

Could someone explain to me, why I got DITCHED status?
http://www.taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=35600&name=1stCL/rudidlo

11 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

I've tried to supply As airfield. (damaged 84%)
image.png.ce0a871c3c5fd9c9b64256336e0377e7.png
That airfield is marked as heavily damaged, so you can use it for landing, but why I can't supply it?
Both conditions from manual were met:

Could someone explain to me, why I got DITCHED status?
http://www.taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=35600&name=1stCL/rudidlo

If you want to make transport the Ju-52 you must select the cargo option in the arming menu.

=TH=mincer
14 hours ago, =22AMG=Denisik said:

What are your beliefs and knowledge in aviation ...)))

you would also say that the red anti-aircraft artillery is stronger than yours ...

And Sherman tanks are harder to kil than Tigers.

• Upvote 1

1stCL/rudidlo
16 hours ago, =L/R=Rafcio said:

If you want to make transport the Ju-52 you must select the cargo option in the arming menu.

It was selected by default.

TAW Feedback

Use quote option and try to answer shortly ( in points ie.) every question. 
We will check your profile in the TAW to verify how much flight hours and experience you have.

Direct attacks on LG team with imaginary accusations or dictated by lack of understanding problems connected with runing big il2 server will be just ignored.

Cheers!

How`s your opinions about the edition???
-=Have in mind:=-
- there is limited number of ground units which we can use and keep stable server performance
- bugged in game objects ( like AAA, but we can replace it) or issues cant be fixed by us
- every script line has to be written so if we would like to change whole logic we would fly in next season in 2022

What is motivating you to participate in TAW project ? Online war system/realistic gameplay/ realistic settings/ emotions / stats /something else ???

(Question mostly to ADW veterans who understand this system)
Do you like the idea of historical50%-balanced50% planeset line unlocked by points ( squadron lines or individual lines)?

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ? 

What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance ???

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes ?

How often you leave the server because you run out of planes ?

Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt ?

Do you like limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ?

How often you fly transport  to recive +1CM ?

What was good in this season?

What was bad in this season?

Whats are the strongest points of this server ??

What is the biggest problem of TAW campaigns ??? 

Do you like realistic settings without technochat ?

CSW_Tommy544
5 hours ago, =LG=todeskvlt said:

notok.jpg.148a2f8d172e01a629dc008c4ae6c66b.jpgok.jpg.7108daf91e153bd568a2f4fe9d1fc577.jpg

Just to be 100% clear, is it necessary to take both the cargo modification and full fuel for the Ju-52 or is cargo the only requirement for this plane to act as a transport?

todeskvlt
11 minutes ago, CSW_FMF_Tommy544 said:

Just to be 100% clear, is it necessary to take both the cargo modification and full fuel for the Ju-52 or is cargo the only requirement for this plane to act as a transport?

Ju-52 only cargo, no fuel restrictions.

• Like 2

I./ZG1_HeTzeR
3 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Do you like the idea of historical50%-balanced50% planeset line unlocked by points ( squadron lines or individual lines)?

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ? ->No idea

What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance ???-->no

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes ? yes! please!

How often you leave the server because you run out of planes ? maybe 1-2x usually fly transport

Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt ?>>> Attacking Ground all the time!

Do you like limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ?>>> no really but its ok I guess

How often you fly transport  to recive +1CM ?>>> alot

What was good in this season? >>nil

What was bad in this season?>>nil

Whats are the strongest points of this server ??>> realism, its hard! and it rewards you if you are good

What is the biggest problem of TAW campaigns ??? Exploits and wasting virtual lives

Do you like realistic settings without technochat ? yes!

• Like 1

=GEMINI=Hawkmoon98

What you think about using the same AAA/other obj in blue/red objects so there will be no doubts about balance ???

Absolutly no

good starter but imho can be improved

sometimes but not that frequently

Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt ?

Last taw i've only played P-47 In ground attack configuration and i loved it

Do you like limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ?

Yes but imho you could scale up AAA when a team has way less player 

sometimes, when i wait for other members of my squadron to log in

What was good in this season?

long ranges attack and the need to manage fuel

not this season in particular but cities feels really useless and Level bombing is really penalized

moving frontlines

target layout and target diversity, i know that the editor doesn't have much diversity itself about assets but after 20/22 sorties dropping bombs on the same dugout really kills the excitement also even if the planes are historically accurate numbers are sometimes complety opposite of what they were at that time in history completly umbalancing certain map I.E. russian campaing

me and my squadron love the lack of technochat at a point that feels strange and arcadish to return to servers like CB etc etc that has it

Edited by =GEMINI=Hawkmoon98
  • Like 1

WokeUpDead

TAW Feedback

No opinion

How to invite more people to TAW ( mostly red side) to keep the teams even most of the time ?
Make some sort of significant change, add something new and interesting, and announce it on forums loudly and often. ("TAW now has TANKS!!!" "TAW now has RADAR!!" "TAW now has saboteurs for the red side!" "TAW now has 50% less saturated fats!!")

Don't like it.

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes?
Points as opposed to CMs? Like the way blue side needs points for the 262? I like it a lot.

Never

I do a mix of everything, it can all be fun

No opinion

Very rarely

Three rounds with three different plane-sets as opposed to two the last time we had western-TAW

Lack of players and/or imbalance during NA evenings

Fear of losing something valuable (plane, life, etc). Adds tension to sorties.

Not enough variety in target and mission types

Meh. Learning to fly without it wasn't hard, but it also wasn't much more immersive. Either way is fine, with or without.
  • Like 1

JGr8_Leopard
9 часов назад, =LG=Blakhart сказал:

How often you leave the server because you run out of planes ?  rarely

Do you have any motivation for attacking the ground targets or you just prefer to defend targets and hang at high alt ? yes

Do you like limitation system, balancing the game when one of the team have more players ? No no no, a huge disadvantage

How often you fly transport  to recive +1CM ?  rarely

What was good in this season? me262

What was bad in this season? limitation system, balancing

Whats are the strongest points of this server ?? the importance of virtual life 

What is the biggest problem of TAW campaigns ???  unequal conditions of captivity(captured)  for red and blue, balancing

• Like 1

10 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

TAW Feedback

Use quote option and try to answer shortly ( in points ie.) every question. 
We will check your profile in the TAW to verify how much flight hours and experience you have.

Direct attacks on LG team with imaginary accusations or dictated by lack of understanding problems connected with runing big il2 server will be just ignored.

Cheers!

How`s your opinions about the edition???
-=Have in mind:=-
- there is limited number of ground units which we can use and keep stable server performance
- bugged in game objects ( like AAA, but we can replace it) or issues cant be fixed by us
- every script line has to be written so if we would like to change whole logic we would fly in next season in 2022

What is motivating you to participate in TAW project ? Online war system/realistic gameplay/ realistic settings/ emotions / stats /something else ???

I will collect opinions from my teammates and will come back with full feedback from =KK=

=TH=mincer

WTF, a draw?! We won the first map, then the two maps ended in a draw. Allies won the campaign. 

• Upvote 5

AKA_Relent
2 minutes ago, mincer said:

WTF, a draw?! We won the first map, then the two maps ended in a draw. Allies won the campaign. 

Yep, did someone forget that the allies won the first map? :).  This is based on the assumption that the third map was a draw, since only the tanks lost were over the max limit, but not the aircraft, pilots, and there were still 4 active red bases.

Edited by AKA_Relent
  • Upvote 3

PhoenixLights97
I hate to say it but..... without techno chat you will have less players. I don't think techno chat is a big deal to anyone but it is to new players. I think that more (new) players leave from this than people realize. I don't think veterans care that much if it means more planes flying around.

I don't think that's necessary, I don't think its a big deal if things are not 100% balanced. The planes we fly against each other are not ''balanced'' at all anyway. But take my opinion with a big grain of salt as I don't participate in ''balance'' discussions and don't know what I'm talking about here.

yes that's a big motivator. It's fun to have a goal.

Never really

The only motivation to attack ground targets is when a group I play with asks me to do a raid with them. If I'm alone I don't want to attack ground targets as I will get spotted from AAA tracers and get killed by someone.

I don't know

When I need +1CM and I'm alone and can't attack ground targets in a group.

There was a lot of back and forth on the map. Each map was very hard to win and took a long time to finish.

Not enough people on the red team. I don't understand why people didn't want to fly red this campaign because the planes were pretty balanced. The tempest is a beast of a plane and I will 100% fly red next west front campaign purely to fly the tempest.

The persistent world and website integration. Its awesome to follow your team's progress and personal progress on the website and seeing the result on the map. It makes everything more meaningful.

Its hard for new players to get into the server. Also the flight times are a bit too long IMHO. If both these things would be addressed we would see a lot more players I think.

This will be an unpopular opinion but I'd like technochat to be back. I don't think veteran players care if techno chat is on or off but new players do care a lot and that is the reason why they leave. Also, if you only have veteran players playing the new players leave even more as the competition becomes harder. I don't think it would hurt anyone to have more new players.

LLv24_Oke

TAW Feedback

I like historical but it might need some balancing.

? No idea...

Don't like it.

Do you like idea of collecting  points for new, better planes?
Earning better plane is too easy now.

Never

I do mostly nose down attacks on ground targets...so yes.

This is ok...possibility to fly when ever u have time thats nice...

Very rarely

Longer mission duration....take it to eastern front.

Ended too quicly....maybe one 1939 campaign next time for startup....?

Possibility to join server at any time. No matter where are u ....Europe...NA....

Lack of different mission types....and factories are always at the same place....practically no use for level bombing...no recon missions....

Yes....cockpit notes are enough....tecno with vr....no way....

• BlackSix locked and unpinned this topic
  • BlackSix unlocked this topic
  • BlackSix pinned this topic