Talon_

HOW TO SAVE A BROKEN CAREER (automission start failed, mission save error, statsubmitstatfailed)

Posted (edited)

Hi guys

Very frustratingly one of my careers was brought to an end prematurely by "automission start failed" yesterday. Instead of starting over I decided to do something about it and the fix is quite simple!

You need this file "CP". BACK IT UP and close your game.

image.thumb.png.158d02946ef10efdb749cc7987677b1f.png

and a database editor - I use this one which is freeware: http://sqlitebrowser.org

To fix, open your database editor and load CP.db - if you change the tab to "Browse Data" and the Table dropdown to "career" you should see your careers listed as below:

image.thumb.png.e2705b3019d8d7241f43dced7d5eeb6f.png

MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHICH CAREER TO EDIT. They are on seperate lines - you can figure it out by looking at currentDate (the day your pilot is on in the sim). It should be the same as the bugged day you cannot progress past ingame.

The fix is very simple, however it may cause other bugs and glitches down the line - though in my opinion that's better than having no career at all. You can simply change the field currentDate to the day after your career's bugged day and the sim should then regenerate new missions and just generally sort itself out. You have to click "Apply" in the right side window where you change the data, then go up to File and hit "Write Changes".

Reload your game and you should be able to log back into a working career. I recommend "Failing" a sortie by launching then quitting from the runway to skip over one more day just to be sure.

One possible issue - I think this might tend to make you commander of the squadron, but that might be better anyway as you could potentially get around this bug in future by simply changing around the assignment of pilots and planes on the bugged day.

This has worked for me to get around "automission start failed" and @DerSheriff to get around "mission save error" but please report back with your own results if it works for you.

Tagging users I have seen with this issue:

@LFL-EightyPLUS @Yogiflight @FlyingH @Utopioneer @Berimbau @PA_Spartan- @Lypa @Ishtaru @Willy_Winter @walter55

@ultraz @TWHYata_PL @19RAF_MJDixon @SFF_Make @LF_Gunkon @Ansirial @R6ckstar 

NEW FIX: TO STOP YOURSELF FROM BEING SQUADRON COMMANDER.

Now you have this working you are probably Sqn. Commander. To fix this, load up your save, go check out your squadron population. Find another member of your squad and remember his name.

Now what you do is navigate to the "Pilot" table and head to him. Set his "state" field to 1, then navigate to your pilot and set yours to 0. Log back into your game again and you should now be an average joe (you will have to "cycle" the day by failing missions until tomorrow to get this to update I believe).

Edited by Talon_
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 14
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Oh, boy ... Gotta try this :)

Thanks a lot !!!!

The best piece of news since the release of the patch.

I wonder if you could recover a captured pilot .... ;)

Edited by PA_Spartan-

1 hour ago, PA_Spartan- said:

I wonder if you could recover a captured pilot .... ;)

Has it worked for you?

I was able to use it to resurrect a dead pilot.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Talon_ said:

Has it worked for you?

Finally, home. I have tried with two pilots.

The first one worked perfectly and I can continue the career. I will start a couple of missions :lol: :friends:

The second one was a captured pilot. I could skip a day but all the info in all the tabs are empty and I cannot continue in the next missions as everything is empty.

Thanks a lot. I don't care about the second pilot. I am extremely happy I can continue the first one :hunter:

You've made my day! :fly:

Edited by PA_Spartan-

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PA_Spartan- said:

Finally, home. I have tried with two pilots.

The first one worked perfectly and I can continue the career. I will start a couple of missions :lol: :friends:

The second one was a captured pilot. I could skip a day but all the info in all the tabs are empty and I cannot continue in the next missions as everything is empty.

Thanks a lot. I don't care about the second pilot. I am extremely happy I can continue the first one :hunter:

You've made my day! :fly:

For the captured pilot, navigate to the Pilots table and find him. Scroll along to the "State" box and set to 8 and he should be back

Edited by Talon_

It worked for me too, with a mission save error. :salute:

Thanks a lot for this fix, and it also mande me acting commander of the unit, is this something we could change?

6 minutes ago, R6ckstar said:

It worked for me too, with a mission save error. :salute:

Thanks a lot for this fix, and it also mande me acting commander of the unit, is this something we could change?

Try my edit in the OP below the list of tagged users and feedback if it works or doesn't please!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Talon_ said:

For the captured pilot, navigate to the Pilots table and find him. Scroll along to the "State" box and set to 8 and he should be back

It didn't work so ... I looked at my other pilot and I changed STATE to 0 in both tabs, CAREER and PILOT. It worked. The pilot was MIA but made it to the roster the following day! :yahoo:

This award is presented to Talon_ to express our deep appreciation for the outstanding and dedicated service to our community. :umnik2:

wmXqMpbm3wX-nqoh_nXk1stVFoDGKrq29ZmRT9Ks

Edited by PA_Spartan-
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I have been flying two days and more than 10 missions since the repatch and ... let's cross our fingers :gamer: .... everything works neatly :friends:

Edited by PA_Spartan-

Thank you @Talon_ - with your help I managed to fix an other probable career ending bug.

I was wounded right before my unit (6th GIAP) was rotated out of the Kuban front (rotated in July 1943, and I was wounded on 31th May 1943), so that I could not transfer out of the unit and the game told me that Battle of Kuban was ended for me right there with no chance to transfer. Then I read your post and managed to fix my wounded status to 0 and my career status to "in progress", which in turn let me to transfer out of the 6th GIAP to another unit and continue fighting.

This seems to be a bug, but I am not sure, as I do not know if you can get wounds that do not heal in 4 months that were remaining in the Battle of Kuban at that time.
Could someone confirm that if this is a bug or not?

Thanks a ton for figuring this out and tagging me! I'll try it when I get the chance and report back but it sounds like it will work.

I'm wondering, since editing this table allows resurrecting the dead and gaining positions that weren't earned, if we can expect the tables to be encrypted in a future release.

1 hour ago, Utopioneer said:

Thanks a ton for figuring this out and tagging me! I'll try it when I get the chance and report back but it sounds like it will work.

I'm wondering, since editing this table allows resurrecting the dead and gaining positions that weren't earned, if we can expect the tables to be encrypted in a future release.

I hope not, after all... who cares about cheating in single player?

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

I hope not, after all... who cares about cheating in single player?

That's true, unless in the future career accomplishments get tied to account based achievements like the old campaign had. I'm torn between purely having fun and flexibility, and having shiny medals on my account page to show off.

Also I tried the fix on my stuck campaign and it worked great! Thanks again for digging in to solve that.

7 hours ago, Ansirial said:

Thanks a lot! I will try this evening

Unfortunately didn't work for me...

I don't know, I tried to add a day 3 times but once enters in a new day I can't find any mission and when I click to go to next day it gives "mission save error" again :angry:

2 minutes ago, Ansirial said:

I don't know, I tried to add a day 3 times but once enters in a new day I can't find any mission and when I click to go to next day it gives "mission save error" again :angry:

Please try again with a copy of your original CP file replacing the new edited file but go *back* one day instead of forward. 

5 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Please try again with a copy of your original CP file replacing the new edited file but go *back* one day instead of forward. 

Thanks for the help but it is almost the same: going back I can see the result of my last mission, in that day I only had a transfer mission with nearly the whole squadron.

But the mission is done and the only thing I can do is to pass to next day. 

Unfortunately it says again "mission save error"

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Ansirial said:

Next idea:

Do the edit (push forward 1 day) on a copy your original CP file. When you get "mission save error" do the edit again and go forward another day. Or is that what you already tried?

Edited by Talon_

In that case I suggest maybe the fact your save bug is repeated could be due to some issue in the game - is it possible to verify your install?

I've other 2 careers which are working but I paused due awards issues...

This one bugged was only a test career I was doing with Stukas, I think can be related to a problem allocating the new airfield where the squadron has been transfered.

I will problably wait for the fix in the 3.001, fortunately main careers are safe.

However I think is very interesting the file I will try to work around a little to discover what can I edit. Thank a lot for tips!

Posted (edited)

Thanks a ton, this is awesome! I rescued my pilot that was captured due to bugs in the game (friendly airfield). 

Edited by KillerCharlie

This got the career that I had that issue with up and going again. Mysteriously though, I did not end up squadron leader though..

Posted (edited)

Wondeful, will try now!!

Editto: Unfortunately it didn't work for me, whenever i pass a day no matter which day it says "mission save error". :(

i think my problem is the game cantt create new missions for this career. I have yet to tried new career, if i borked the game.

The other careers seems to work just fine, oh well i hope i won't encounter this again.

Edited by peezed

Please tag me in this forum.

I was refered here. This may have worked. I still have a "Killed in Action Day" but I am alive and passed it. I lost my squad command (I was a squad commander but lost it in the "Fix:") I'm going back put me at status one.

This was my 4th accidental career I was going to start over. There needs be a "Do you wish to end career" warning AND the ability to revive a dead pilot!

I am playing NON Ironman and there is no reason I should be able to die if I "End Spectate" crashed or click the wrong button at the final debrief

Thank You!

Thank You!

Thank You!

Thank You!

On 19.04.2018 at 2:29 PM, PA_Spartan- said:

Is this issue solved with the 3.002 patch? :)

no it's not , checked already and still reciving mission save error , but I will aplly Today this database fix and I will let you know

Talon, you are the man.  Saved my pilot and a fun evening.

Some data if it helps anyone:  

I had a "MissionSaveError" after a successful mission in which I was wounded.  Crash to main menu.  Retried same mission five times with same error but never again took off.  When I tried Talon's fix and went ahead one day I was still wounded.  i.e. Game remembered my first attempt even though it gave error message.  Also, I had chosen to transfer one day before the save error and the system transferred me two days later in spite of the fix.  

Again, great work and communication - thank you Talon.

Thanks,

Ceowulf<><

Many many thanks, worked very well !

I  had statsubmitstatfailed error in my career on date 13.10.42 so i changed the date as described and it worked like a charm.

Got no missions the next day but after skipping it now i can continue my career (already flown 2 missions without problems) !

Thanks a lot !

Thank you so much, saved my HE-111 pilot after I started my new career on the new PC!

Great trick.

Was able to resurrect a dead career after he flew into the ground when I had to take a phone call. Thought for sure I had pressed pause before I left the battle....

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, Talon_ said:

Has it worked for you?

How do you resurrect a dead pilot?