Tactical Air War

=LG=Kathon

VBF-12_Snake9

So judgemental.  Been flying this game for 6 years.  The very same pilots fly on all four servers.  The very same pilots.  The very same pilots.  

The four servers are competing for the very same pilots.  My favorite server cb seems to have lost numbers to both Finnish and taw this month.  Again the very same pilots fly all the servers.  People choose with their feet.  

• Upvote 2

WokeUpDead
2 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

Those are completly diffrent servers for diffrent players. Most players like simple and not demanding servers that's why finnish Has more and always willa have more players. As players progress their skill they starting to look for more challenge and eventually they jump to TAW. When they learn this hard learning curve and achieve succes on TAW they will never come back to simplier servers if TAW will be online. Other servers arent bad. They are diffrent.

I agree, but only partially. TAW is at the top of the progression of skill, it's super satisfying to achieve success here, and when it's doing well then other servers seem boring.

But you're wrong about pilots who achieve success here never going back; search for "scg" or "llv24" or "opfr" in the other server's stats and you'll see plenty of familiar names flying there in the last couple weeks. When things aren't going well here then it's not only the mediocre and average players like me who go looking for other servers, even if the level of skill and difficulty there is noticeably lower.

2 hours ago, WokeUpDead said:

TAW may be more realistic, but it's not more exciting now. I started flying there even when there's a TAW campaign going on now and I never did that when the alternatives were Combat Box and Wings of Liberty.

The spacing and density on their maps is really good: front line airfields, fields a couple grids behind the front, rear airfields with bombers. Two sectors with front-line targets, two mid-map front depots, two big rear depots, maybe a bridge here or there, and ships on the Kuban map. Supply runs are needed, parachute drops are possible by both sides (the Russians use a garishly-painted Ju-52). The front line moves according to results on the ground, so it's not a rotation of the same handful of maps like on WoL. The maps are dense enough that there is almost always a target within 10 minutes of flight, but big enough that you can sneak around the action through some quiet areas to hit the rear.

Any of the above would help out on TAW, plus maybe tanks! When Finnish Virtual is close to capacity there's usually 4-5 tankers on each side, and judging by their chats they're having a blast. Players can jump in as a gunner into someone's unlocked tank even if they haven't bought the tank content.

Why TAW have less action now ? :)

Because 70% of players dont care about attacking ground targets and there is not too much action at low level. 
You should do something with them and persuade to follow the orders of HQ. 

Do it and situation will change.

I agree about what we need, but you dont undesrstand one main thing.

There is limited amount of ground targets which server can keep. 

Combat Box is laggy and have problems with stable flow. 
We will not follow that direction.

There is only 84 slots for pilots and we are not interested in giving them tank drivers. Maybe some day but definitly not now.

I apreciate your effort. If you want more action plz fly on WoL and Combat.

TAW is changing season by season into realism and quality.  

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Operatsiya_Ivy

Honestly targets like Bomber formations would be a game changer and very nice but i understand that there are performance issues

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Operation_Antifa said:

Honestly targets like Bomber formations would be a game changer and very nice but i understand that there are performance issues

I agree, but yes performance is dying with AI :/

RedKestrel

31 minutes ago, VBF-12_Snake9 said:

So judgemental.  Been flying this game for 6 years.  The very same pilots fly on all four servers.  The very same pilots.  The very same pilots.  

The four servers are competing for the very same pilots.  My favorite server cb seems to have lost numbers to both Finnish and taw this month.  Again the very same pilots fly all the servers.  People choose with their feet.  

Agreed, every server I go on I get shot down by the same people lol. The experience is not all that different. 

• Like 1

WokeUpDead
7 minutes ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Why TAW have less action now ? :)

Because 70% of players dont care about attacking ground targets and there is not too much action at low level. 
You should do something with them and persuade to follow the orders of HQ. 

Do it and situation will change.

I agree about what we need, but you dont undesrstand one main thing.

There is limited amount of ground targets which server can keep. 

Combat Box is laggy and have problems with stable flow. 
We will not follow that direction.

There is only 84 slots for pilots and we are not interested in giving them tank drivers. Maybe some day but definitly not now.

I apreciate your effort. If you want more action plz fly on WoL and Combat.

TAW is changing season by season into realism and quality.  

Cheers!

Thanks for explaining the reasons behind tanks and ground target limitations. Combat Box is indeed too laggy for me to fly there. Finnish less so, but not as smooth as TAW.

I don't know what it's like during European times, but I see plenty of ground-attackers on the red side during North American evenings. The lack of action at that time, going back to Limboski's post on the last page, is low numbers during NA evenings. I understand blue reluctance to fly ground pounders when they are outnumbered 12-3 and those red planes that are attacking targets nearby turn into great interceptors after they drop their bombs.

I don't like your passive-aggressive "advice" at the end.

Just now, WokeUpDead said:

I don't like your passive-aggressive "advice" at the end.

Its not passive aggressive advice. This is cultural difference. We are really straight in Poland and dont treat is an offence. I found it out when living in USA alomst a year. 

About the NA players... Hmm I think its a lack of good PR and most of the people dont know how realistic and cool is TAW so they are not joining. 
Also registration is a blocking line for new joiners. I have an idea how to fix it, we will see ;)

Wait for changes in new season!

• Upvote 1

I agree with the suggestion made by WokeUpDead previously that TAW should start preparing for tank battles controlled by human players. It may take some time, but it should start now.

As for problem that tank drivers may occupy too many slots of server, my suggestion is not to open the two “FREE” tanks for the public. Let players who have already purchased Tank Crew take a stress test. I noticed that in the Finnish virtual pilot server, the number of tank players usually does not exceed 10 before they change the policy. 

Imagine the joy of attacking an “alive" tank. Imagine the sense of accomplishment covering an ”alive" ground friendly. Needless to say, that is much more interesting than attacking a column of static, equipped laser AA guns targets.

I sincerely hope that TAW can become the best and hardest server.

M3-lee-camp-polk.jpg

Edited by Xiaozhan
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Ala13_Zetas

Hey my friend why you Disconnect? I wanted to kill your parachutist 😆 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

=BES=Senor_Jefe

Did bomb effectiveness get fixed yet in TAW?

I'd love to go back to bombing, but zero point in it when 500kg bomb does nothing, and even if it does you better hope it wasn't already destroyed in a previous mission since it refreshes with map rollover but still shows "dead" in TAW.

And before you respond with "thats not a server issue", I'll remind you that Finnish and CB both have no issue with ground targets (and you can see the result of this, since i see plenty of bombers in both).

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

=LG=Flogger
3 hours ago, Ala13_Zetas said:

Hey my friend why you Disconnect? I wanted to kill your parachutist 😆 

Nice, 35h of total time, first kill and u need to show them all! 😄

Congratulations

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

LordWukits
1 hour ago, =BES=Senor_Jefe said:

Did bomb effectiveness get fixed yet in TAW?

I'd love to go back to bombing, but zero point in it when 500kg bomb does nothing, and even if it does you better hope it wasn't already destroyed in a previous mission since it refreshes with map rollover but still shows "dead" in TAW.

And before you respond with "thats not a server issue", I'll remind you that Finnish and CB both have no issue with ground targets (and you can see the result of this, since i see plenty of bombers in both).

Nope. Dropping 1000kg and when the front was closer to the back fields 2500kg on a tank (and less than 10 feet away)an we just ended up burring it in a crater which might add more protection?

• Upvote 1

Ala13_Zetas

Thx 😆, You will never see me in the top 5 fighter but in the top 5 bombers maybe 😅 Nevermind it was not about me getting a kill, it was about reporting foul play.

• Upvote 5

LordWukits
2 hours ago, Ala13_Zetas said:

Thx 😆, You will never see me in the top 5 fighter but in the top 5 bombers maybe 😅 Nevermind it was not about me getting a kill, it was about reporting foul play.

Yeah there we a few of us on a few nights ago, and the same thing happened with a large clan, no deaths, but a shot down awarded to a wingman we flew with. I guess this sort of thing is A ok then?

Will try to get into this habbit.

CSW_Hot_Dog
6 hours ago, =LG=Flogger said:

Congratulations

What kind of arrogant answer...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

=OPFR=ColNinny

OPFR has joined forces with SCG in order to attempt to slow the prolific Blue progress on the Dayshift. The pressure is on the Nightshift to halt the advance.

In the big picture play balance is a non-issue. OPFR and SCG played Blue for the last two TAWs, and we will play Red for this one and the next one. Then we'll return to Blue in rotation. This gives everyone a fair chance to either join us or oppose us no matter what their time zone. So if you are on the Forum complaining, don't worry, we'll be on your side next time, and you are still free to join us, ignore us, or stay on the forum.

OPFR is often outnumbered. We handle it by changing our tactics. We are entirely defensive if outnumbered until we can coordinate enough people to go offensive and gain air superiority. Opposing us as a large group requires clever tactics. The other night 3 fighters attacked our group over our airfield. Alerted well ahead of time we anticipated this and our fighters met them and shot them all down. But smart tactics when outnumbered are effective. For example 10 of us were hammering a defence position under a low overcast. When suddenly a single fighter dove down killed one of us and then scooted up into the clouds. 'Pathetic cowardly victory'? No, We applauded it! Brilliant play. We want HIM on our team! S! =LG=Blakhart.

So if you are on the Nightshift and you see OPFR/SCG there en-mass, don't leave and go to the forum. Figure out where we are NOT and score points for your team by hitting our targets. This reduces your risk and keeps you in the game. Isn't that the point?

If there are enough of you on comms and you have the leadership to engage our formation, or pick off our wounded ducks... then terrific! ALL of us will have a blast! And isn't that the point also?

And to help even the playing field on Nightshift on this TAW we have removed BigGinger from the OPFR roster for the remainder of this TAW :)

TAW is awesome. Don't whine about it - man-up, team-up, comm-up, and play !!!  We support you, regardless of who you are - support us!

We're here for the challenge -aren't you? 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
2 hours ago, =OPFR=ColNinny said:

And to help even the playing field on Nightshift on this TAW we have removed BigGinger from the OPFR roster for the remainder of this TAW :)

Why?

14 hours ago, =LG=Flogger said:

Congratulations

We all knew Cygi as a lone wolf hunter, now we also know that he is capable not only of unexpected dangerous attacks, but also of dishonest acts.
It is a pity that he did that. Strong damage to reputation.

I believe that the server administration should punish players for such behavior.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Why?

We all knew Cygi as a lone wolf hunter, now we also know that he is capable not only of unexpected dangerous attacks, but also of dishonest acts.
It is a pity that he did that. Strong damage to reputation.

I believe that the server administration should punish players for such behavior.

He was already shot down man. Its diffrent than DC before being hit by enemy. He was in a dive spin without wing. He raged that he cant jump and gonna die and he quit. Kill was awarded.  Disco punishment was taken.

• Upvote 2

todeskvlt
2 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

Why?

Because of rage quit? He was almost dead.

Yes. -300 points and streak loss.

Disconnect is not a problem in this case because he lost life, points and attacker earn air kill.

The main problem with disco is if someone will do this in fight before get hit and you should know that. You can also get disco if you are on parachute and missclick to leave server instead of finish mission.

• Upvote 1

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
3 hours ago, =LG=todeskvlt said:

Because of rage quit? He was almost dead.

But he chose to do disco rather than die. What for?

todeskvlt
10 minutes ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

But he chose to do disco rather than die. What for?

For glory on the forum ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was too quiet here.

Edited by =LG=todeskvlt
  • Haha 3

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
1 hour ago, =LG=todeskvlt said:

For glory on the forum ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It was too quiet here.

He managed to become famous)))
Although I now think that he always does a disco when the pilot cannot bail out of the plane.
And if I'm right, then I think it's not fair. Personally, I don't do that and honestly die.

so take Your time and check his deaths if he does that instead of writing some unchecked accusations. 

=2ndSS=Lawyer1

I'm definitely not going to waste my time on this. Everyone has already watched the video and made their own conclusions.

13 hours ago, =OPFR=ColNinny said:

S! 

This time I was lucky, last time, we failed. Hard to fight 1 -2vs 10 ( especially FW-190 G-8 vs Tempests, P51 and Spits 😄 but I dont cry. Fight for the map as always ;) 

Edited by =LG=Blakhart

=2ndSS=Lawyer1

Guys from LG, tell us, is there something we don't know?

Why is disco better than death?

20210124_235221.jpg

20210124_235301.jpg

• Like 1

Oh so You wasted Your time to check all our flights 😄 look at time between eject and disco. If You are so astute You should notice and conclude that he missclicked leave server than end mission. He could survive if he wouldnt made that mistake. Cheers. Next case please 😘

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
29 minutes ago, =LG=Coldman said:

You wasted Your time to check all our flights

I didn't waste my time)) Just my teammate said that the pilots from LG are not the first time doing disco and gave this example. You already have a reputation 😉

Of course, I'm joking and I understand that there are different situations and disco can have many reasons. I just wondered if disco might have some advantages, but we don't know about it.

:salute:

I didn't waste my time)) Just my teammate said that the pilots from LG are not the first time doing disco and gave this example. You already have a reputation 😉

Of course, I'm joking and I understand that there are different situations and disco can have many reasons. I just wondered if disco might have some advantages, but we don't know about it.

The truth is you also have a reputation.

We all have :)

But what is your real problem ? Besides this game and the score...

I see frustrated small boy fighting flame war at forum in this thread.

Whenever your side loose you come here to share your frustration because in the air you are powerless.

Dont understand the aerodynamics...weak at spoting contacts, weak at teamplay, just a bad virtual pilot...

You cant beat me or my friends in the air because you are just bad player so you come here to at least punch in that way :)

Pathetic.

Yes this is your reputation.

=2ndSS=Pathetic

Advice. 

Get a life so you will start to treat this game as a game, not a patriotic war.

or

Train to be better :)

but yeah... first of all get a life 😄

Cheers!!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
4 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

The truth is you also have a reputation.

We all have :)

But what is your real problem ? Besides this game and the score...

I see frustrated small boy fighting flame war at forum in this thread.

Whenever your side loose you come here to share your frustration because in the air you are powerless.

Dont understand the aerodynamics...weak at spoting contacts, weak at teamplay, just a bad virtual pilot...

You cant beat me or my friends in the air because you are just bad player so you come here to at least punch in that way :)

Pathetic.

Yes this is your reputation.

=2ndSS=Pathetic

Advice. 

Get a life so you will start to treat this game as a game, not a patriotic war.

or

Train to be better :)

but yeah... first of all get a life 😄

Cheers!!!

The only thing that's really pathetic here is your excuses 😁

And the attempt to insult, not only pathetic, but also funny ))

• Upvote 1

=TH=mincer

Since the beginning of this campaign the thread looked like a reasonable and constructive medium for discussion. Let's stop the personal attacks and keep it sane again.

3 hours ago, =2ndSS=Lawyer1 said:

The only thing that's really pathetic here is your excuses 

And about reputation I meant we all laugh at you whenever we see you online, keyboard warior :)

There is no excuse in my post because you are not worth of explanation and not an equal partner for inteligent conversation.

p.s.

Study English better to understand the meaning, I know its hard but its better to avoid missunderstandings ;)

We will explain you what means Ejection or Ejected

p.s.2

If you have personal problem or want instructions about how to read mission logs in the game use pm

End of discussion.

Getting back to the topic.

Whoever didnt vote here, plz do it now.

We have interesting comments and the will of the majority here.

=2ndSS=Lawyer1
1 hour ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

And about reputation I meant we all laugh at you whenever we see you online, keyboard warior :)

It's mutual, you also seem very funny to me, especially on the forum 😄

Relax, if you weren't so scared when you were hanging on the parachute that you messed up the buttons, we wouldn't be  discussing for a brave man like you right now.

Edited by =2ndSS=Lawyer1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

=OPFR=Bird

OMG those American “Nightshifters” ruining everything on TAW /s

WAIT what’s this German air superiority once again more impressive than an allied air superiority so far.

Just here fighting the false narrative about the so called “night shift”

D558D82D-7416-47FC-81AE-95CC6265BD04.thumb.jpeg.ab0e3d72a1ee7f8c0c221d95dae33443.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

SCG_Vieira

One small change that could avoid some of these discussions is to present deaths, capture and disco as single sun number on the pilot and team stats.

Currently it only shows the deaths and the disco can only be seen in the pilot detail page (although in terms of points and streak they are similar).

todeskvlt
23 minutes ago, SCG_Vieira said:

One small change that could avoid some of these discussions is to present deaths, capture and disco as single sun number on the pilot and team stats.

Currently it only shows the deaths and the disco can only be seen in the pilot detail page (although in terms of points and streak they are similar).

We will think about that. At the moment there is additional column for disco on the new website which will be publish in near future.

discowww.png.cc498a88c56de5c57eae7973f8a52469.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7

• BlackSix locked and unpinned this topic
  • BlackSix unlocked this topic
  • BlackSix pinned this topic