=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

12 minutes ago, AirshowDisaster said:

One thing is for sure: The LW/VVS ratios for this TAW seem much worse than the one we just had prior.

Currently approx 44 vs 16. What's the point of even taking off? When it gets like this there are zero gaps in LW cover. As soon as you attack a defense point or some tanks you will instantly attract 5 BF109s with more coming. Even is you bring I-16s for cover you will be outnumbered and slaughtered. 

If you're flying VVS then it's no fun because you're flying against insurmountable odds. If you're flying LW then it's like the seagulls from finding nemo: "Mine, mine, mine!"

Who's enjoying themselves here?

No been my experience so far, its been pretty even teams most of the time. Does that happen , yes sometimes, on both teams. without balance changes it would be even worse.

Your experience happens to both teams at times. Lifes not always fair, neither is war, better team play and picking your targets is the best option when its like that.

Max cap is 44/45?? now i believe?

(per team)

3 minutes ago, AirshowDisaster said:

One thing is for sure: The LW/VVS ratios for this TAW seem much worse than the one we just had prior.

Currently approx 44 vs 16. What's the point of even taking off? When it gets like this there are zero gaps in LW cover. As soon as you attack a defense point or some tanks you will instantly attract 5 BF109s with more coming. Even is you bring I-16s for cover you will be outnumbered and slaughtered. 

If you're flying VVS then it's no fun because you're flying against insurmountable odds. If you're flying LW then it's like the seagulls from finding nemo: "Mine, mine, mine!"

US prime time has always been a big issue in terms of balance with the exception of the previous TAW as you said it because SCG and a few other squads and players switched to VVS. The issue is the usual LW-only squadrons never switch and insist in flying LW every single TAW regardless of balance. They are selfish and have little respect for the campaign or the game. The numbers during EU time are, at least, controlled now but the problem during US prime time is still a big one. During the US prime time , the number of pilots rarely reaches those to completely fill the server like EU prime time does. So, IMHO, an additional system should be considered to benefit the players flying for the weaker side during this time of the day/night. Maybe allow VVS players to retain their planes even if they are lost or be able to fly better planes when the number is higher than 10 pilots? Maybe activate coalition balancer during US prime time? Maybe have a script to calculate amount of players and block additional connections if there is more than 25-30% imbalance in numbers? I have no idea how these things work but, at least for the first map, the balance felt better than the previous versions most of the day. I just hope the US player stacking LW get bored of flying against no opposition and consider switching sides for a change.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 6

33 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

He did it last taw, thus the entire reason for the new rules, not only did he do that but came here and gloated about it and thought it was the funniest thing he's ever seen. Apparently turrets don't register hits against ground targets in the logs. Really don't care to validate that claim or not. Based on previous behavior I'd argue he probably was.

Let me put it this way, say I was found guilty of lighting the local church on fire, admitted to it with glee even, then next month a church burns down and I am outside with a can of gas and a lighter in my hands, but this time I say I didn't do it. I wonder what people would think? Coincidence man.

I am done debating it, the guys a stain on the community, ban him, don't ban him I really don't care.

Well if he broke the rules then ban him.  But there's not enough information in the parsed data to make a determination that he did.   Why anybody would care about shooting AA that can't hit the broadside of a stationary barn(ju88) is beyond me.

11 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

US prime time has always been a big issue in terms of balance with the exception of the previous TAW as you said it because SCG and a few other squads and players switched to VVS. The issue is the usual LW-only squadrons never switch and insist in flying LW every single TAW regardless of balance. They are selfish and have little respect for the campaign or the game. The numbers during EU time are, at least, controlled now but the problem during US prime time is still a big one. During the US prime time , the number of pilots rarely reaches those to completely fill the server like EU prime time does. So, IMHO, an additional system should be considered to benefit the players flying for the weaker side during this time of the day/night. Maybe allow VVS players to retain their planes even if they are lost or be able to fly better planes when the number is higher than 10 pilots? Maybe activate coalition balancer during US prime time? Maybe have a script to calculate amount of players and block additional connections if there is more than 25-30% imbalance in numbers? I have no idea how these things work but, at least for the first map, the balance felt better than the previous versions most of the day. I just hope the US player stacking LW get bored of flying against no opposition and consider switching sides for a change.

I went LW because during PST hours, it's a red horde...but the time zones are like you said, a big issue.

I think there is no doubt that the subject in question is exploiting the game mechanics as much as he can.

The real question to discuss here is if exploiting should be allowed or even be encouraged in order to gain an advantage. In my opinion, searching for exploits to gain an advantage is at least unsportsmanlike and potentially hurting the fun for everyone involved in the game. 

That the TAW-Devs have to spent valuable free time to prevent a single individual from exploiting the game is showcasing the Problem quite well.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

During the US prime time , the number of pilots rarely reaches those to completely fill the server like EU prime time does. So, IMHO, an additional system should be considered to benefit the players flying for the weaker side during this time of the day/night. Maybe allow VVS players to retain their planes even if they are lost or be able to fly better planes when the number is higher than 10 pilots? Maybe activate coalition balancer during US prime time? Maybe have a script to calculate amount of players and block additional connections if there is more than 25-30% imbalance in numbers? I have no idea how these things work but, at least for the first map, the balance felt better than the previous versions most of the day. I just hope the US player stacking LW get bored of flying against no opposition and consider switching sides for a change.

The problem is (from my perspective) that planes and pilots are a limited resource in this game mode which is what makes it enjoyable and exciting - usually. I'm not the best pilot on the server by a million miles and do my best to survive my missions but won't always make it to 3 CMs before becoming a smoking hole in the ground when the odds are even. The planes I've got I have to be very careful with or else I'll end up with none.

The problem here is when the LW stacking gets too high I just won't take the risk at all. I don't have the planes to spare in unfavorable circumstances so I'll stay on the ground - which exacerbates the problem by removing one more person from the VVS making it all the less appealing to someone who'd think like I do. 

• Like 2

30 минут назад, Operatsiya_Ivy сказал:

I think there is no doubt that the subject in question is exploiting the game mechanics as much as he can.

The real question to discuss here is if exploiting should be allowed or even be encouraged in order to gain an advantage. In my opinion, searching for exploits to gain an advantage is at least unsportsmanlike and potentially hurting the fun for everyone involved in the game. 

That the TAW-Devs have to spent valuable free time to prevent a single individual from exploiting the game is showcasing the Problem quite well.

1. Take off... Land to the AF on the enemy side .... Take off again... Land on the enemy side... Take off again. Is it some kind of exploits? Really?

2. I didn't know that the rule about landing on the active enemy AF was created because of some person, who landed on it. For me it is not a problem at all. I will NOT start on the AF, that has an attack mark on it. It is an easy rule. I think it is a mistake to do not allow these actions at all.

You can do everything what you want: dive, climb, fly with the bombs, land, take off. Your opponent can do the same thing. Where is the problem?

4 часа назад, Banzaii сказал:

What did he do for those 12 minutes then?

Shoot AAA on deck?

Thats my bet

You know, sometime you just wait your mates to get some cover. I do not understand, why are you so upset.

Edited by Krauz

1 hour ago, AirshowDisaster said:

I hate to say it but you are right about what's going on here . 

Mine mine , mine , Its a shame . Lol ...but true . 

Would bring in Ai help with the game balance. . If at all possible . 

Edited by II./JG77_Con

4 hours ago, Trefftz_Plane said:

Maybe he took a yuuuuuuggggggggggggge dump.  Would that be okay to do?

Use auto-level.  

It's amazing to me that xJammer hasn't been permanently banned from this server.   

• Upvote 2

1 минуту назад, BraveSirRobin сказал:

Use auto-level.  

It's amazing to me that xJammer hasn't been permanently banned from this server.   

Only because he has more ideas as you have? Okey, i see.

Now i get that the person in question has a certain history but i think it is over the top to make such a big fuzz about it as long as he only landed on an unused airfield. After all, if spotted, he is in a very bad spot.

topic change from xjammer, please.
I think hes had his attention hit for now...

Thanks

Stix

• Upvote 1

2 минуты назад, Operatsiya_Ivy сказал:

Now i get that the person in question has a certain history but i think it is over the top to make such a big fuzz about it as long as he only landed on an unused airfield. After all, if spotted, he is in a very bad spot.

Exactly, everyone can do it, so, everyone welcome. To be honest, I will not. The chance to damage a plane is too big (with the bombs, of course)

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, II./JG77_Con said:

I hate to say it but you are right about what's going on here . 

Mine mine , mine , Its a shame . Lol ...but true . 

Would bring in Ai help with the game balance. . If at all possible . 

It doesn't matter how good a pilot you are - if you're the only target for three people you will lose.

If you're not a great pilot (like me!) then you will also lose - really really fast.

8 minutes ago, AirshowDisaster said:

It doesn't matter how good a pilot you are - if you're the only target for three people you will lose.

If you're not a great pilot (like me!) then you will also lose - really really fast.

I will run away if that's case. No point engaging with odd not in my favor. I guessing you are flying solo....

4 часа назад, StG77_Kondor сказал:

TAW is one of the few things the MP community has done right. 

Xjammer and his alt accounts have broken other servers just for the sake of breaking them. He enjoys the attention above all else - so much so he even buys extra copies of the game just to have alt accounts to defend himself. He continues to show that he will always try to find any exploit he can to break the game for the community. 

You don't purposefully land at a neutral field for over 10 minutes to "use the restroom" - especially not with his history. What is to stop someone like him from using what clearly are alt accounts to monitor the other team? One could easily figure out what they are doing and land at a 'neutral' base to let the enemy move elsewhere before taking back off and hitting the now defenseless target. 

At the peril of being spanked by mods I'm just going to say it. The guy is a cancer and is precisely the kind of person that deserves to be banned from TAW. 

I am so disappointed.

One question. Is it allowed to bomb from 7..8k? You know, it is difficult to find some red plane there... So, the target is, as you said, defenseless.

Edited by Krauz

19 minutes ago, Krauz said:

I am so disappointed.

One question. Is it allowed to bomb from 7..8k? You know, it is difficult to find some red plane there... So, the target is, as you said, defenseless.

@SYN_Haashashin
21. Registering and usage of a backup (optional) account without the consent of the forums administrator is prohibited. Violation of this rule will result in the deletion of the duplicate account and limited access rights for the main forum account for a period of 1 month.

• Haha 2

Guys, just relax. This is not worth derailing the topic into the same old mess we know;) Okay, I agree Jammer's actions last TAW were very questionable from an ethical and gameplay point of view, but in the end it helped us improve TAW a tiny little bit. Accusing someone of cheating isn't nice, especially without proof. In the end there will be always someone trying to exploit, it's unavoidable. Jammer at least openly communicates with us, he is on our TS, everyone can reach him. These changes needed to be done anyway. This is really a minor problem compared to a 40:1 (:D) team balance. 

Right now? All i see is determination to take out vital red targets in a way that can be easily countered when the other team is organised. This is nothing on the level we had last campaign and I believe Jammer knows he pushed the limits then.

And trust me, the banhammer glows strong in the darkness, I'm sure it will be used when needed, but let's not go crazy:) TAW has balance issues and this is the main problem right now, let's work as a community to change this. This is one of the few things my boy Kathon (<3) can't do, this is in your hands!

Embrace the I-16 coffin, learn to love the brick P-40 and take your blue only squadron for a wild ride. Oh I promise you it will be painful, but I can also promise you that you emerge stronger than ever from this experience. And in moments of doubt, when you cry, your nails are bleeding and you smash your joystick into the wall, you can always put some chill music, ride the Peshka and get 3 kills just flying straight and laughing at these funny MG FF hits as comfort for all the pain you had to suffer (or you will loose both your engines to some spraying weirdo lol, but at this point you will be used to dying anyway so no biggie). 

Edited by =L/R=Maurox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

@=L/R=Maurox you shouldn't have to spend valuable time going through code over and dealing with this guy.  If it can be verified via the server logs with what he did, get rid of him.  Once again, server admins need to take leadership and get rid of him, he uses contacting the server admins like coconut and here to prevent himself from getting banned.  Using that whole human aspect when you know the guy. 

Edited by Banzaii

By no means I think this is good behaviour, but having some experience in game dev I'm 100% there will be someone who will do this sooner or later. If we treat TAW as a product, we need to make it fool proof. The stuff he pulls off now is nothing compared to last campaign and he didn't get banned then. Again, this is my personal opinion and it is very possible that someone has less tolerance for this:) 

Edited by =L/R=Maurox

=LG=Kathon

2x20mm cannons are not allowed for Mc202. Is it correct for the map No2?

Hi all,

Double accounts are indeed prohibited, same with excesive rudeness and public cheating accusations and I saw all of that in this topic, again. What I see happening here is someone gaming the rules of a server therefore its up to server adminitration to take actions.  Pms sent and rules applied.

Haash

11 hours ago, AirshowDisaster said:

The problem here is when the LW stacking gets too high I just won't take the risk at all. I don't have the planes to spare in unfavorable circumstances so I'll stay on the ground - which exacerbates the problem by removing one more person from the VVS making it all the less appealing to someone who'd think like I do. 

US evening -  I've flown LW maybe one mission in years, not even a full campaign.  I see a constant 30 v 5-7 so I just dont play any more unless I'm asked to be cannon fodder for a friend while he bombs.  I'll have to look again, but I'm not so sure its squads doing this, as it seems its primarily individuals with no affiliation in LW (as you would expect). 

I dont hope for change anymore, so I just go Play WoL or KOTA sadly.

• Upvote 1

everything is allowed in love and war

stop whining for xjammer or chima and just fly, fight, have fun, it's all in the game

• Upvote 2

People whine about xjammer because he was spawn camping on the ground and using his tail gunner to kill people as they popped in last TAW.  He is not sorry for this and furthermore he's a giant sperg using an obvious sock puppet account for no reason, attempting to defend exploiting the game with the excuse 'Its not stated in the rulebook, so it's allowed'.  He shouldn't be in TAW.  I don't know why he's tolerated.  People have been banned for less.

Edited by CamusB455
'Spawn camping spawn' is redundant

Me whining...Never !! I was just surprised to see monkey in a plane...and get scared for a while....!!!

I will just keep bombing....

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Norz said:

=LG=Kathon

2x20mm cannons are not allowed for Mc202. Is it correct for the map No2?

This limitation depends on Axis depot destruction.

I already know of a couple of players who started out all excited about the latest TAW, but have now already lost interest because of xJammer's behaviors, and that the TAW administrators don't appear to be doing anything about it.  What a shame!

43 минуты назад, SeaSerpent сказал:

I already know of a couple of players who started out all excited about the latest TAW, but have now already lost interest because of xJammer's behaviors, and that the TAW administrators don't appear to be doing anything about it.  What a shame!

A lot of people just left the project, because their wifes were unhappy. 

the TAW administrators don't appear to be doing anything about it.  What a shame!

On 2/22/2019 at 4:48 AM, Banzaii said:

@xJammer please tell me about this sortie.

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=15681&amp;name=xJammer

If link doesn;t work it's 21.02.2019 21:28:04

Interesting - this guys log looks the same.

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=20447&amp;name==KHS=adsl01

I was about 2KM above him when his gunner started firing. I flew parallel and over took him for a 30 degrees angle off attack out of his gunners arc of fire with no hits him on both of my two passes. while lining up for the third pass, he landed in a field (German territory). My guess he wanted to give his gunner a clean shot or hoping I would fly off. I elected to straf the guy. He then disconnected.

On a flight to Las Vegas last week I read The War Diary of Hauptmann Helmut Lipfert. In his account he described landing on a dirt road when he was lost to get is bearings and review his map (..I guess he needed the wing level button LOL). Thus,  I wouldn't say the guys was cheating. 

Edited by JG7_X-Man

Can someone exactly say what he did expect landing in enemy territory? Is there something I'm missing?

Just now, =L/R=Maurox said:

Can someone exactly say what he did expect landing in enemy territory? Is there something I'm missing?

Killed the gameplay i suppose.

You can take off and land. If you do it not in this way, some people cannot accept it.

He could fly with teammates. Land so close to depot that AAA was constantly focus on him but he was lower than treetop so nothing could happen to him. His guys killed all AAA there. he took off and kill all depot that was cleared. he has 66 targets down and 4 CM. that my thoughts.

• Upvote 1

JG4 players are sitting in spectate mode when the server is full. I get that you guys have no respect for the community and dont give a s*** about balance but could you guys at least respect the cap limit in the campaign and refrain from taking extra slots that are destined to VVS?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

JG4 players are sitting in spectate mode when the server is full. I get that you guys have no respect for the community and dont give a s*** about balance but could you guys at least respect the cap limit in the campaign and refrain from taking extra slots that are destined to VVS?

Yeah - that's an epic fail in my book!

When winning in any way possible becomes more important than fair play, something’s wrong, thanks to LG for the hard work, but it’s certain parts of the community that’s letting the rest of us down.

2 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

Really? Landing on the enemy airfield will result now with captured status and kick from the server. I will add similar solution if pilots land on the enemy territory. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Really? Landing on the enemy airfield will result now with captured status and kick from the server. I will add similar solution if pilots land on the enemy territory. 

=LG=Kathon,  

please think about it once more. Finally people will ask you to ban the players, who attack the AF, where they are starting. You know, the same story was on the server WOL. They did AI planes to stop the players, who attacked with Ju88 the red airfields.

Again, someone landed on the enemy side for some reason (to detect the enemy planes, to save the fuel, whatever). Two teams can do it. There is no problem at all.

Edited by Norz

Yea, but what Coleman said, xJammer landing near the depot, and driving up to it behind a hill until the flak is focused on him? Then his teammates kill the flak that is shooting the ground? Really?

Such a person with such a character, repeatedly, do you really think TAW is the right server for him? I really don't get why you're not finally intervening. But it's your choice. 

Another issue is that what Riksen and others have mentioned: Most of all JG4 have shown to sit in spectator slots denying Russians/VVS to join and balance the sides. While I do like the guys, I honestly have to look down on that attitude - not even wanting to fly red once and stacking the server repeatedly blue. Over all TAW campaigns so far - and now denying Teambalance again by occupying slots! A timer to sit as a spectator is needed, maybe 5 minutes with an at least 15 minute ban following may help? It may be a solution - fair to all - as it will affect all people equally too.

P.S. Let's call a spade a spade. 🚮

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
Thx 4 reporting :D
  • Upvote 5