=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

I ask this one more time to the guys over on TAW administration for those who like me lives on the southern hemisphere, i'm getting disconected randomly sometiems, of course due to spikes on my internet connection, I have a average ping of 280 and I'm fine with that, but with some spikes I can get it high as 400 for a few seconds, however the server just outright kicks me with no warning nor time for my connection to stabilize, so I ask you to please, either increase ping tolerance or wait at least 30-60 seconds for unstable connections to stabilize, I already lost a pilot due to this and it's quite frustrating. I've participated on at least 3 editions of TAW and this is the first one I've ever experienced that. Plase, do something about this, thank you!

1 hour ago, SCG_Faerber said:

I ask this one more time to the guys over on TAW administration for those who like me lives on the southern hemisphere, i'm getting disconected randomly sometiems, of course due to spikes on my internet connection, I have a average ping of 280 and I'm fine with that, but with some spikes I can get it high as 400 for a few seconds, however the server just outright kicks me with no warning nor time for my connection to stabilize, so I ask you to please, either increase ping tolerance or wait at least 30-60 seconds for unstable connections to stabilize, I already lost a pilot due to this and it's quite frustrating. I've participated on at least 3 editions of TAW and this is the first one I've ever experienced that. Plase, do something about this, thank you!

I can only set the ping limit which is about 450ms right now.

Good evening,

Due to a misspell in the squadron tag I reregistered as 1.JaVA_DeMoor (took the opportunity to change my nickname as well) from the previous 1e.JaVA_Vliegangst. The former is also my current IL-2 account name. However, when I log into the TAW website, 1.JaVA_DeMoor is locked and 1e.JaVA_Vliegangst is unlocked.

I wondered if the admins have the authority to swap the status on the respective accounts?

Cheers,

I just surprised why TAW became not popular for RED side? I don't mean this exact time when reds have only one aifield... I mean in general, all the time I see a lot of blues and some red pilots! Really sad... 😒

1 minute ago, =VP=Alex-ru_en said:

I just surprised why TAW became not popular for RED side? I don't mean this exact time when reds have only one aifield... I mean in general, all the time I see a lot of blues and some red pilots! Really sad... 😒

You'll always have this in this server.  When pilot's lives matter, flying red is just too hard for a majority it seems. 

Is it time to strengthen red airfields so we dont steamroll a map in a few days without coming even close to numerical win criteria?

Posted (edited)

It is sad to see that despite the good changes from the Devs the [edited] are still ruining the Server

wehraboo.PNG

In the meantime there were 3 VVS players online. 

Edited by Operatsiya_Ivy
Do not use that term

8 hours ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

It is sad to see that despite the good changes from the Devs the [edited] are still ruining the Server

wehraboo.PNG

In the meantime there were 3 VVS players online. To top it off they couldn't even fly the LaGG-3 because the map was too hot with 24° making the aircraft overheat even at 100/100 rads with reduced engine settings.

In the meantime, there`s 785 VVS players registered. Why aren`t they flying? I think I know the reason, do you?

Posted (edited)

It has been my notion that when people accuse others of cheating - more than likely it is because they are probably cheating themselves!

Just a thought...

Edited by JG7_X-Man

"Stop bypassing the system and respect the cap limit. Just like it is annoying to you, it is annoying to people trying to connect and fly for the side that actually has the spots. Dont be disrespectful and stop cheating the system. Respect the other pilots trying to fly as well ..."

Its kind of interesting to call bad behaviour preventing enemies getting slot in server...and other hand call chutekilling normal behaviour which is alloved...this is war....what is alloved is alloved...stop whining.

Only need new name: Desperate total war....I havent seen red pilot yet to respect on air.....looking forward to see one......

Im proudly keeping my well earned slot after flight if that prevent one more chutekiller to get slot. 45-1 is always better than 5 vs 5 ....

Dont go in if u are afraid  to loose or get killed.

• Confused 3

Posted (edited)

Some of the recent changes make it hard to want to play Reds. Fields closed down,  ridiculous death timers, planes at start of TAW on red side suck. Alot of us have to work the next day and flying under these new conditions is not exactly fun.  Plus, 15 minutes down really kills wanting to stick around for more. Wish it was back to the way it was to be honest. We'll see how it progresses as the red planes get better.

Edited by =IL2AU=SixFour619
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

It has been my notion that when people accuse others of cheating - more than likely it is because they are probably cheating themselves!

Just a thought...

I think that might very well be correct, in some cases.  I've had some experience with that phenomenon in other games, where the most prolific accusers turned out to be the cheaters.  But I don't think that's what's going on here.  I do think there are some clear cases here where the rules of the tournament are very much being abused.  It isn't a "cheat" in like the sense somebody is hacking or something, but in terms of exploiting what is possible and violating the spirit of what is attempting to be simulated in this server, I think some of the complaints about wrongdoing are absolutely justified.  It's like somebody peeing in the pool:  Maybe not a big deal in the greater scheme of things, but it makes you not want to swim in the pool.

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, =IL2AU=SixFour619 said:

Some of the recent changes make it hard to want to play Reds. Fields closed down,  ridiculous death timers, planes at start of TAW on red side suck. Alot of us have to work the next day and flying under these new conditions is not exactly fun.  Plus, 15 minutes down really kills wanting to stick around for more. Wish it was back to the way it was to be honest. We'll see how it progresses as the red planes get better.

Most of the changes were made after numerous complains in this thread. Restrictions are the same on both sides. As we can see, it will never stop, no matter the TAW admins do. Someone will always feel mistreated.

And for the planeset, what do you wan't? La-5FN for the first maps? I think it's quite balanced, at least for the first two sets. I'm not sure about the F-4 in the third, maybe it could be removed for a balance.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LLv24_Oke said:

45-1 is always better than 5 vs 5 ....

So you don't see the contradiction between this...

Dont go in if u are afraid  to loose or get killed.

And this?  You don't get to sneer if you have the advantages.  Magnanimity in victory, right? 

Its kind of interesting to call bad behaviour preventing enemies getting slot in server...and other hand call chutekilling normal behaviour which is alloved...this is war....what is alloved is alloved...stop whining.

It seems to me that many of you LLv guys carry a vindictive attitude, but you should probably remember that this is a GAME and sportsmanship must apply for YOUR OWN SAKE.  Unless you'd like to fly on an empty server all by yourselves?  Then you could declare victory and go play Rocket League, though.

If you want war then your time would be better spent going and joining a real military that actually currently engages in warfare.  Parades and playing in the woods don't count, though, sorry.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

it does seem a lot of blues arent interested in balance, whether its planesets, mods, numbers or whatever, they just want to win, but they dont understand they arent really winning anything, or achieving anything, christ a 7 year old could fly on blue right now and be successful, its that easy for you.

"Dont go in if u are afraid  to loose or get killed"

That applies to 99% of the blues, hence why they always fly blue, stack blue and contest every suggestion made in order to restore a bit of balance, come join the red side, then see how fun it is, theres nothing stopping the reds to fly blue either, but then the server would have no reds, how much fun would you have then?

here come the "war isnt fair" posts............its a game, the devs keep trying to make this server balanced, but it never will be with such blue dominance in numbers, what will it take to make it click in your heads?

Edited by SYN_Repent
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

Would be nice if all reds who are interested in timezone independent coordination could join the discord of TAW.
invite link
https://discord.gg/RJEhVWF

image.png.83099f1819d6e6a32ca39846b86db862.png

Ask a dev to join the red channel, like this guy.
We maybe cant coordinate strikes at the same time but we can let others know what we did and plan to do.

Cheers

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, SYN_Repent said:

it does seem a lot of blues arent interested in balance, whether its planesets, mods, numbers or whatever, they just want to win, but they dont understand they arent really winning anything, or achieving anything, christ a 7 year old could fly on blue right now and be successful, its that easy for you.

"Dont go in if u are afraid  to loose or get killed"

That applies to 99% of the blues, hence why they always fly blue, stack blue and contest every suggestion made in order to restore a bit of balance, come join the red side, then see how fun it is, theres nothing stopping the reds to fly blue either, but then the server would have no reds, how much fun would you have then?

here come the "war isnt fair" posts............its a game, the devs keep trying to make this server balanced, but it never will be with such blue dominance in numbers, what will it take to make it click in your heads?

It does seem a lot of reds aren`t interested in playing. Let`s face it, you whine because you lose. If you were winning, you would not be here instead of bombing and shooting poor blues down. So, you wan`t to win as much as anyone, don`t act otherwise. If you would whine less and have a few of those 800 registered players to fly, it would be a whole new game. 

So, basically it seems that only solution to this is to let both sides to win, no matter what happens. Same planes and targets, everyone is happy.

It must be quite frustrating to the admins. No matter what they do, when someone is losing, whining starts immediately.

Edited by LLv24_Zami
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

It does seem a lot of reds aren`t interested in playing. Let`s face it, you whine because you lose. If you were winning, you would not be here instead of bombing and shooting poor blues down. So, you wan`t to win as much as anyone, don`t act otherwise. If you would whine less and have a few of those 800 registered players to fly, it would be a whole new game. 

So, basically it seems that only solution to this is to let both sides to win, no matter what happens. Same planes and targets, everyone is happy.

Garbage.  The serious issue of number balance has never disappeared even when the VVS side was winning by a landslide, and that is reflected in stats and the forum postings of VVS players during and after those campaigns.  Victory takes the edge off the bitterness of that imbalance, but it does not remove it or prevent the corrosive effect it has on one's interest in continuing to fly these campaigns, as you can see by the conspicuous absence of many previous top quality VVS pilots.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

Posted (edited)

zami, take off your rose tinted glasses, reds arent flying because its stacked no matter what, planeset, mods and numbers......sure, they will fly i16s against 109's.........but not if they are outnumbered 4-1 constantly, cant you comprehend that? its fun for blue.....but not for red when its stacked like that, come fly for red zami.........bring the rest of the LLv guys........you daren't.

you know full well that blue is going to be stacked player wise before the campaign starts, yet, you choose to fly blue, what sort of mentality is that? Bet you can’t wait to fly an easy non competitive campaign can you? 

Map 1 = blue advantage + numbers

Map 2 = blue advantage + numbers

Map 3 = blue advantage + numbers

Map 4 = blue advantage + numbers

Map 5 = maybe no advantage + blue numbers

need I go on? 

But zami, answer me this, why is blue winning? Better pilots? 

Edited by SYN_Repent
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

Garbage.  The serious issue of number balance has never disappeared even when the VVS side was winning by a landslide, and that is reflected in stats and the forum postings of VVS players during and after those campaigns.  Victory takes the edge off the bitterness of that imbalance, but it does not remove it or prevent the corrosive effect it has on one's interest in continuing to fly these campaigns, as you can see by the conspicuous absence of many previous top quality VVS pilots.

Garbage.

8 minutes ago, SYN_Repent said:

zami, take off your rose tinted glasses, reds arent flying because its stacked no matter what, planeset, mods and numbers......sure, they will fly i16s against 109's.........but not if they are outnumbered 4-1 constantly, cant you comprehend that? its fun for blue.....but not for red when its stacked like that, come fly for red zami.........bring the rest of the LLv guys........you daren't.

you know full well that blue is going to be stacked player wise before the campaign starts, yet, you choose to fly blue, what sort of mentality is that? Bet you can’t wait to fly an easy non competitive campaign can you? 

Map 1 = blue advantage + numbers

Map 2 = blue advantage + numbers

Map 3 = blue advantage + numbers

Map 4 = blue advantage + numbers

Map 5 = maybe no advantage + blue numbers

need I go on? 

Garbage. Take of your red glasses and fly.

Only thing that appeals to me in MP is flying with my squad and talking shit in my mother language. Otherwise, I fly happily SP career. I have proposed flying reds, some in the squad would but majority is used to the blue planes and don`t wan`t to change. So, I can`t force grown men to do anything. But, in the next TAW I will fly reds and join you whining in here so don`t worry ;)

So, quit whining and get your act together.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, LLv24_Zami said:

But, in the next TAW I will fly reds and join you whining in here so don`t worry ;)

So, quit whining and get your act together.

At least then your obnoxious attitude will be more appropriate.

As I said before, there is a reason why the whining doesn't stop even when VVS wins a campaign 8-0, and that is because the number imbalance doesn't stop either.

I would rather lose a campaign that has fun, challenging and reasonably balanced conditions than win a lop-sided one.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

At least then your obnoxious attitude will be more appropriate.

As I said before, there is a reason why the whining doesn't stop even when VVS wins a campaign 8-0, and that is because the number imbalance doesn't stop either.

It will stop as soon as reds win 8-0.

And maybe I`ll learn the victimized attitude of the poor red side in the next TAW. Looking forward to your lessons.

Just now, LLv24_Zami said:

It's already happened.

1 minute ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

It's already happened.

And I don`t recall whining there. But you might be right, reds whine anyway.

1 minute ago, LLv24_Zami said:

And maybe I`ll learn the victimized attitude of the poor red side in the next TAW. Looking forward to your lessons.

You talking like what we are saying isn’t true? That there’s isn’t an imbalance, so one of 2 things, you believe we are talking rubbish and there isn’t an imbalance, or you know there is an imbalance and don’t care?

1 minute ago, LLv24_Zami said:

And I don`t recall whining there. But you might be right, reds whine anyway.

Your just trolling now 

• Upvote 2

Just now, SYN_Repent said:

You talking like what we are saying isn’t true? That there’s isn’t an imbalance, so one of 2 things, you believe we are talking rubbish and there isn’t an imbalance, or you know there is an imbalance and don’t care?

What`s so hard in this? There`s almost 800 players in the red side. Can`t they fill 45 slots? How much more there should be? 10000? Million?

And no, I`m not trolling. That is my honest observation reading this and other threads. 

Posted (edited)

Now your grasping it zami, why aren’t they flying? 

Because it’s such a closely fought contest and they are having so much fun? 

Or, because of the serious imbalance they have no fun and don’t fly 

The reason why they can’t fill 45 slots is because blue often have guys sitting in spectator slots, giving blue even more an advantage

Edited by SYN_Repent
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, SYN_Repent said:

Now your grasping it zami, why aren’t they flying? 

Because it’s such a closely fought contest and they are having so much fun? 

Or, because of the serious imbalance they have no fun and don’t fly 

Yes, I am.

So, please tell me your recipe for fixing things and get the glorious reds flying and fighting. They can`t win anything when just waiting for the La-5FN

4 minutes ago, SYN_Repent said:

The reason why they can’t fill 45 slots is because blue often have guys sitting in spectator slots, giving blue even more an advantage

That`s it??? I expected a bit more..

Well, it is not as bad as I thought..

Edited by LLv24_Zami

But looking from the other aspect, if VVS was flying more actively, wouldn't it be more balanced? I understand the issue that has been brought up that when the server is full and spectators are blocking VVS to join, then it forces imbalance. But it is a bit weird to read how "lufties" ruin the server when they have 22 pilots on and VVS has only 3 pilots on. So, the server would be perfect if the attendance was 3 vs 3? Why not a balanced 22 vs 22? If blue and red pilots were equally active during the same time zones, then based on registration numbers the balance should be at 5:4 ratio (I understand that the time zones could skew that situation in practice).

Anyway, while the imbalance kind of ruins the gameplay on the server, the constant whining also ruins the appeal of this otherwise great dynamic war setup.

P.S. If someone is interested in actual data, here are the attendance numbers on TAW server during the past two weeks.

pilots_taw_14d.png

• Thanks 2

The recipe isn’t hard zami, treat this as you would a friendly game of football at the park with your friends, you are all pals, wanting to have a great time, and all wanting to have some fun, you wouldn’t play 15 on one side and 7 on the other, and when the side with less players is getting beaten and thrashed, you wouldn’t say to them quit whining, some of your friends might have the common decency to realise they aren’t having as much fun, and join them, give them a chance to enjoy themselves as well........

we are a small small community here in the il2 world, why not make it so all the community has fun? Even the sides up, you don’t always have to fly blue, that’s how simple it is, once the sides are balanced regularly then the devs can really look at plane set balancing and improving the server 

• Upvote 6

Just now, SYN_Repent said:

The recipe isn’t hard zami, treat this as you would a friendly game of football at the park with your friends, you are all pals, wanting to have a great time, and all wanting to have some fun, you wouldn’t play 15 on one side and 7 on the other, and when the side with less players is getting beaten and thrashed, you wouldn’t say to them quit whining, some of your friends might have the common decency to realise they aren’t having as much fun, and join them, give them a chance to enjoy themselves as well........

we are a small small community here in the il2 world, why not make it so all the community has fun? Even the sides up, you don’t always have to fly blue, that’s how simple it is, once the sides are balanced regularly then the devs can really look at plane set balancing and improving the server 

Please, read the Kemp`s post above. It´s pretty good one imo.

As I said, I´ll fly next one on red side. World is in balance then. But I`m a bit noob in the whining thing, I might struggle at the start. But I`ll promise to do everything in my power to flood this thread with my complaints. 

Hi all,

Discuss all you want but respect others and their opinions. No need to label people or their opinions in any form.

Haash

4 minutes ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

Hi all,

Discuss all you want but respect others and their opinions. No need to label people or their opinions in any form.

Haash

You`re right, sorry. Moving on.. 🙂

Posted (edited)

The only one reason for the loss on the Map No2 is not good performance on the ground targets.

For sure with the score 42-42 it will be not so bad and the blue side will not defeat this map on the ground.

779201985_TAWMapNo2.thumb.png.216e96f4d139290caa9077f57df06642.png

Edited by Norz

This broblem have very easy solution: Some might remember old il-2 air domination war (ADW) ... The whining was just like now. 

And there is a players who dont fly opposite side for several reasons (like me...I dont never use red stars on my plane).

Next TAW round just swap planes ...example me flying happily in PE-2 bombing red fields ....and so on... with black crosses on plane...

Lets see how it goes....the whining and inbalance should go other way round...??

I would like that...fast bomber with sight...and proper rear gunner....

P.S. If u have just one propell spinning....something is very badly wrong in your plane.

• Sad 1

The last mission is running for 2 h 18 min right now, and counting...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SYN_Repent said:

sure, they will fly i16s against 109's.........but not if they are outnumbered 4-1 constantly

With the feature to balance the nearest airfields, it is not possible to concentrate the planes like that randomly.

P.S: Very sad that the red players ignored first 2 maps. For me they were most interesting maps from the set because of the very balanced plane set.

Edited by Norz

16 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I can only set the ping limit which is about 450ms right now.

Hmm, alright, then there's nothing you can do 😞, thanks for looking into it however, I will see what I can do on my end to prevent this, thanks again.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SYN_Repent said:

I suppose it is no difference in the procedure how to enter to the server, isn't it?

So, wait before the mission will be started, enter the mission, start on the random AF immediately, start your engine, wait that it will be started, finish your mission.

Now you are in the list, you can take your time to plan what you can do. After that you can start any time (with the warning "Over limit"  only on the last AF, where you have started your engine), you are already in the allowed list.

Edited by Norz
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Norz said:

I suppose it is no difference in the procedure how to enter to the server, isn't it?

So, wait before the mission will be started, enter the mission, start on the random AF immediately, start your engine, wait that it will be started, finish your mission.

Now you are in the list, you can take your time to plan what you can do. After that you can start any time from any field, you are already in the allowed list.

Thanks for the lesson norz 🥴 have you got a way to get into the sever when it says 44 axis 34 ussr on the server web page, but on the in game server list it says 84/84.............