=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, SYN_Repent said:

Thanks for the lesson norz ūü•ī have you got a way to get into the sever when it says 44 axis 34 ussr on the server web page, but on the in game server list it says 84/84.............

As i said, my way is just to wait a new mission.

P.S: It is possible, just wait that someone will be kicked by KIA from the server.

Edited by Norz

Posted (edited)

LLv24_oke 

change your glasses , referring to spinoza ideas, maybe your lents are wrong.

All players are respectable people and many of them respectable pilots.

:)

Edited by 666GIAP_Tumu
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Norz said:

I suppose it is no difference in the procedure how to enter to the server, isn't it?

So, wait before the mission will be started, enter the mission, start on the random AF immediately, start your engine, wait that it will be started, finish your mission.

Now you are in the list, you can take your time to plan what you can do. After that you can start any time (with the warning "Over limit"  only on the last AF, where you have started your engine), you are already in the allowed list.

Incorrect. What is actually happening is players in the LW enter the server and dont select a side because they see 45 Axis Side is Full message in taw website. They stay in spectate mode waiting for the website to show less than Axis Side is full message. The problem is, this may take more than 15 min to happen as it was the day I called the 150GCT guys on it. While waiting they effectively take up VVS slots in the server and prevent additional oposition from joining. It is as simple as that ... but when called on it they say "it is not in the rules" like that makes it okay or something ... this is so you see how ridiculous the LW only players mske themselves look in order to uphold their side preference. They will go as far as sitting for several minutes in spectate mode and block other people from joining instead of considering flying for the other side. They will never fly for the red star but flying for the swastika is better? This is a game and we should be fair to both sides and play nicely. If you want to stay blue forever, fine, but have the courtesy of respecting the system.

• Upvote 1

I want to be green and feel insulted that everyone goes only blue and red.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Incorrect. What is actually happening is players in the LW enter the server and dont select a side because they see 45 Axis Side is Full message in taw website.

50 (or more) Red Players can take the slots at the mission beginning. Just do it.

P.S. I don't remember that someone asked last campaigns to leave the server because of the balance problem. 

That means, I will stay there as long as the rules allowed it (No rules at the moment).

good gentlemen I think that the TAW server is being small for the initial purpose of campaign for squadrons rare is the time that in strong schedules we can enter more than four members of the same squadron which demoralizes the whole they are limited to fly 3, 5 that is good because I would like to say that the squads have been encouraged to participate and grow but the morale is falling because they can not carry out the planned and trained attack for days to thank the TAW developers

2 minutes ago, =gRiJ=ToReRo said:

thank the TAW developers

There is nothing that can be changed by the TAW developers.

It was all the time that first maps we have less red than blue players. Now it you play at the red side, you can be sure that you will not meet a lot of the blue players on the target because they can't start on the closest AF. That is almost enough to play on the red side. The feature to limit it only not more than 45 makes it better. 

There is only one way to reduce the number of the blue players: to provide small advantage for the side, that has small number of the players. For example, extra top planes.

For example, last map we had +1 109F4/+1 Yak 1, the red team should get one extra Yak1 because of the outnumbered issue. Something like that will change the balance a bit. 

Very sad situation that players will not fly red for the sake of everyone's enjoyment. I love German aircraft and flying blue and honestly all things equal, would fly blue most of the time. However, I cannot in good conscience fly against a handful of reds with a server full of blue. It's not fun and it's not fair. And so, I have been flying Red. As have a number people in our squad, even though we had decided that this time around we would fly blue. There is only so much the devs can do for balance. It would be wonderful if people could suck it up and forgo their preference for the sake of the community. 

• Upvote 5

Posted (edited)
42 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

However, I cannot in good conscience fly against a handful of reds with a server full of blue. It's not fun and it's not fair

I see no difference with the campaign before. No, wrong. Now it is MUCH BETTER for the red team. I will fly on the red side and i did it a lot of times, but i cannot fly all the time there. So, please stop to explain what is not right and play as good as you can on the red side. That is all.

Edited by Norz

1 minute ago, Norz said:

I see no difference with the campaign before. No, wrong. Now it is MUCH BETTER for the red. I will fly on the red side and i did it a lot of times, but i cannot fly all the time there. So, please stop to explain what is not right and play as good as you can on the red side. That is all.

ūüôĄ

Posted (edited)

The only other thought I have that may or may not help with balance depending on time zones etc... is that before campaign start, TAW assigns squadrons and individuals to a side and one side only. It may decrease participation and it could still be unbalanced during some time-zones without a very careful selection algorithm. But the other drawback is that I don't know how you would deal with signups mid campaign...

I suppose mid campaign it could still assign you a side when you register. It would also need to allow you to specify a squadron you are part of so that it can lump you into the unit/side. 

Edited by SCG_Wulfe

5 hours ago, SYN_Repent said:

The recipe isn’t hard zami, treat this as you would a friendly game of football at the park with your friends, you are all pals, wanting to have a great time, and all wanting to have some fun, you wouldn’t play 15 on one side and 7 on the other, and when the side with less players is getting beaten and thrashed, you wouldn’t say to them quit whining, some of your friends might have the common decency to realise they aren’t having as much fun, and join them, give them a chance to enjoy themselves as well........

Bad example, he is from Finland, clueless about football.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, 1.JaVA_DeMoor said:

Good evening,

Due to a misspell in the squadron tag I reregistered as 1.JaVA_DeMoor (took the opportunity to change my nickname as well) from the previous 1e.JaVA_Vliegangst. The former is also my current IL-2 account name. However, when I log into the TAW website, 1.JaVA_DeMoor is locked and 1e.JaVA_Vliegangst is unlocked.

I wondered if the admins have the authority to swap the status on the respective accounts?

Cheers,

You may edit 1e.JaVA_Vliegangst accout. 

3 hours ago, Norz said:

There is nothing that can be changed by the TAW developers.

I completely disagree. The devs could implement a multiplayer server balancing and queuing feature and cut out all of these problems. If the TAW admins had a tickbox that said "only allow up to 5-plane imbalance, queue players in case of imbalance, kick players who die" many of these problems would be instantly solved. They could even do away with the annoying frontline airfield closure thing  (annoying to me but I see why they were forced to do it).

At the moment if you have 10-15 players sitting in spectate waiting for the 45-slot limit to open up, you actually have a 70 player server, not 84, and the cap should actually be 35 not 45. It's a real shame that those players sitting in spectate might force an even *lower* player cap next TAW. Sad.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

At the moment if you have 10-15 players sitting in spectate waiting for the 45-slot limit to open up, you actually have a 70 player server, not 84, and the cap should actually be 35 not 45. It's a real shame that those players sitting in spectate might force an even *lower* player cap next TAW. Sad.

Before it was 54 vs 30 in the sky. Seems that for you it is not a big difference

54 vs 30

or

45 vs 30

Ok, i see your point.

Edited by Norz

7 —á–į—Ā–ĺ–≤ –Ĺ–į–∑–į–ī, DerSheriff —Ā–ļ–į–∑–į–Ľ:

Would be nice if all reds who are interested in timezone independent coordination could join the discord of TAW.

The BEST COORDINATION WILL BE VIA TAW TEAMSPEAK.

When our group is flying on TAW, we can run two TS clients:

1st - TS of our group

2nd - TAW TS

A couple of days ago we flew with coordination of people who were on TAW TS (3 Pe-2 + 2 Mig-3) and this was really nice. BTW I have a video of this event (but in Rus), probably I will publish it later.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Norz said:

Before it was 54 vs 30 in the sky. Seems that for you it is not a big difference

54 vs 30

or

45 vs 30

Ok, i see your point.

The point he’s making is it might be 45-40 if people weren’t sat in spectator slots

2 hours ago, =VP=Alex-ru_en said:

The BEST COORDINATION WILL BE VIA TAW TEAMSPEAK.

A couple of days ago we flew with coordination of people who were on TAW TS (3 Pe-2 + 2 Mig-3) and this was really nice. BTW I have a video of this event (but in Rus), probably I will publish it later.

I think i have some video of that as well from the german side, there was 4 of us in F-2s a Km or two below you, if only i had the panicked coms of the realization that there was a high altitude   flight of pe-2s in tight formation with a number of mig's with a huge energy advantage coming the way of our airfield , it was one of my most memorable dogfights and something that could only happen in TAW. 

The admins have created something amazing, and good team work and the use of comms really give way to some amazing game play and fun of course!    

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, SYN_Repent said:

it does seem a lot of blues arent interested in balance, whether its planesets, mods, numbers or whatever, they just want to win, but they dont understand they arent really winning anything, or achieving anything, christ a 7 year old could fly on blue right now and be successful, its that easy for you.

"Dont go in if u are afraid  to loose or get killed"

That applies to 99% of the blues, hence why they always fly blue, stack blue and contest every suggestion made in order to restore a bit of balance, come join the red side, then see how fun it is, theres nothing stopping the reds to fly blue either, but then the server would have no reds, how much fun would you have then?

here come the "war isnt fair" posts............its a game, the devs keep trying to make this server balanced, but it never will be with such blue dominance in numbers, what will it take to make it click in your heads?

Wow how quick to people forget! The last campaign it was skewed the advantage Red.

If this game had been more Western European Theater oriented, you would (IMHO) not have this issue. However, that is a different conversation - that should be directed at the developers of the game.

Also, there is no issue with numbers in my opinion - 3 guys on comms are far more effect than 6 guys not on comms, fly as individuals.

To be honest, TAW admin have every right to keep the server rules are is - because it suits them (5+ squadmates¬†online at once). with the % limit I suggested, it would be hard to get all of their squadmates in a game at once. If I recall correctly, more squads flew RED last campaign just to balance things out,¬†¬†it ended up being too lopsided. I left SCG for that reason - and apparently made some enemies and one friend in the process, but that's OK. I am a big boy¬†ūüėė

Edited by JG7_X-Man

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Also, there is no issue with numbers in my opinion - 3 guys on comms are far more effect than 6 guys not on comms, fly as individuals.

That's the point though. LW is not just stacked, it is stacked with a lot of squadrons who fly together.

Combine this with barely any VVS aircraft being able to run away and it results in something that a lot of VVS players don't find enjoyable.

Edited by Operatsiya_Ivy
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

That's the point though. LW is not just stacked, it is stacked with a lot of squadrons who fly together.

Combine this with barely any VVS aircraft being able to run away and it results in something that a lot of VVS players don't find enjoyable.

Operatsiya_Ivy is a good name, but have you ever considered changing it to Captain_Obvious? ūüėĬ† This has been the situation since as long as I've played Il-2, and in every Multiplayer server I've played in.¬†¬† Maybe it will change when Bodenplatte matures, and I used to think that was a given, but I'm honestly not so sure now.

Edited by SeaSerpent
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

During peak times - yes. There are 5+ units with 5+ squadmates and of the 5, 2 are TAW developers with sometimes as many has 10 online at once. :)

But the issue isn't to point out the problem, the issue is the fix. My point is, there is no fix without TAW developers adding a % max per side dependent on the #s of the other side. They will not do that from my point above.

Now, when we get the Spitfire XIVe, my second favorite plane of WWII (...the Fw 190D-9 is my 1st), you will see me flying RED. Until then, no aircraft on the RED currently appeals to me. That is the issue with not having a lot of VVS pilots. Everyone thinks it's because RED is always outnumbered. IMHO, the issue is many online pilots that fly TAW JUST DON'T LIKE THE RED AIRCRAFT.

There is a reason IL-2 Sturmovik (from 2001 to 1946 in 2006)  was a very successful product, the player had choices. The way the developers of BoX decided to introduce the game, it didn't lend itself well to those to want variety. This takes time - think about the # of players that join after every new launch. I overlooked this game until Kuban. They will be plenty of new faces with Bodenplatte that will be happy to fly RED with you.

Edited by JG7_X-Man

7 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

You may edit 1e.JaVA_Vliegangst accout. 

Thank you. That has fixed the issue. I renamed the locked account to a placeholder name, then used its previous name to replace the unlocked account.

If necessary, the placeholder account can be deleted (1.JaVA_Placeholder).

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, LLv24_Zami said:

It does seem a lot of reds aren`t interested in playing. Let`s face it, you whine because you lose.

1st point is true.

2nd point is true and not true. I'm not flying TAW anymore because after so many losses due in large part to the massive team stack it became pointless.

My tags say BLUE squadron.....  I am continuously pinned on the RED side if I want to engage in fair play. What all of you squadrons who ONLY FLY BLUE have done is make pilots like me bow out. I'm not going to play target for you anymore.

I'm never going to get a blue turn...... I'm never going to win as red until Boddenplatte drops when I expect to fly BLUE again when all the team stackers switch sides for Mustangs etc...... Cliffs Spit stack is how I got into 109s but I digress from the point.....  I'm not playing TAW anymore. Until there is a sign up sheet and time zones TAW isn't fun anymore.

17 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Now, when we get the Spitfire XIVe, my second favorite plane of WWII (...the Fw 190D-9 is my 1st), you will see me flying RED. Until then, no aircraft on the RED currently appeals to me. That is the issue with not having a lot of VVS pilots.

Here is X-Man driving my point home..... Team stack will switch..... I understand the sentiment about favorite aircraft however, you ARE missing out. There is a lot of fun to be had in some of the VVS aircraft. I grew to love the I16 for example.

Edited by 7./JG26_Smokejumper
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

1st point is true.

2nd point is true and not true. I'm not flying TAW anymore because after so many losses due in large part to the massive team stack it became pointless.

My tags say blue squadron while I am continuously pinned on the RED side if I want to engage in fair play. What all of you squadrons who ONLY FLY BLUE have done is make pilots like me bow out. I'm not going to play target for you anymore.

I'm never going to get a blue turn, I'm never going to win as red. I'm not playing TAW anymore. Until there is a sign up sheet and time zones TAW isn't fun anymore.

However, if you were flying, I will take a stab in the dark and say - you would be fling BLUE. So technically, you're not helping anyone with not flying LOL.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

However, if you were flying, I will take a stab in the dark and say - you would be fling BLUE. So technically, you're not helping anyone with not flying LOL.

No, I fly REd just about %100 of the time and when I tried flying TAW blue I had to make a duplicate account to switch to red.

I fly short side. I see no joy in shit kicking a low player count team. In Cliffs of Dover the stacked side was the Spitfire side. So even though the Spitfire is my favorite aircraft of all time in order to balance I learnt 109s.....

I'm currently in an I16 squadron in ACG. I switched to short side in my own campaign. I actually do what I say.

Edited by 7./JG26_Smokejumper
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

1st point is true.

My tags say BLUE squadron.....  I am continuously pinned on the RED side if I want to engage in fair play. What all of you squadrons who ONLY FLY BLUE have done is make pilots like me bow out. I'm not going to play target for you anymore.

I'm never going to get a blue turn...... I'm never going to win as red until Boddenplatte drops when I expect to fly BLUE again when all the team stackers switch sides for Mustangs etc...... Cliffs Spit stack is how I got into 109s but I digress from the point.....  I'm not playing TAW anymore. Until there is a sign up sheet and time zones TAW isn't fun anymore.

You have done exactly what everyone should do when they are not enjoying something. Quit doing it, I know I will.

There are plenty of options to continue flying in BoX, TAW is not all. I enjoy SP career for example. MP is only a way to fly with friends together sometimes, nothing more.

But still, if reds would complain less and encourage those 800 to fly more from the beginning, things would be much better. I'm tired of all this, so I'll leave it to you guys to discuss further.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

Operatsiya_Ivy is a good name, but have you ever considered changing it to Captain_Obvious? ūüėĬ† This has been the situation since as long as I've played Il-2, and in every Multiplayer server I've played in.¬†¬† Maybe it will change when Bodenplatte matures, and I used to think that was a given, but I'm honestly not so sure now.

I don't mind stating the obvious because some people still ask why there aren't more red flying...

• Upvote 1

There is an easy solution to the problem.  Assign people to a side.  Ask what they prefer.  Then assign to even things.  Start by moving the guys who only fly German to VVS.  If they refuse to fly, then don’t let them participate in TaW again.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

I tell you what I am not a fan of - squadrons flying both side same campaign! :rtfm:

2 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

I tell you what I am not a fan of - squadrons flying both side same campaign! :rtfm:

I'll gladly fly and stay in the LW X ... care to switch with me?

55 minutes ago, JG7_X-Man said:

I tell you what i'm not a fan of - People who never switch sides on a new campaign! Who fly blue no matter what!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, 7./JG26_Smokejumper said:

I am continuously pinned on the RED side if I want to engage in fair play. What all of you squadrons who ONLY FLY BLUE have done is make pilots like me bow out. I'm not going to play target for you anymore.

My position exactly.  

41 minutes ago, No.64_Drifter said:

I tell you what i'm not a fan of - People who never switch sides on a new campaign! Who fly blue no matter what!

That's a downstream problem that he doesn't care to consider.

• Upvote 1

Not offering you tactical benefits like magically lifting fog of war / hiding information that cou cannot get otherwise.

You don't switch to the outnumbering side fyi ... bec you get jackshit todo and locked out AFs.

Have done so myself bec of that reasoning in the past and from what I've seen riksen been balancing aswell.

Next up we end in the rabbithole of ohhh whiny demotivated red pilots not facing us 

After going through the trouble of getting my TAW account sorted - and even worse, making the admins go through the trouble as well - I realized something; it wasn't worth it.

To be fair, I should've been wise enough to draw a conclusion from the narrative in this thread before I joined the server; It's rife with narcissism and ad hominem discussions and the eye-for-an-eye mentality is palpable. The two sides of the playing field are so entrenched and emotionally invested in their opinion that no one is seeing they are being equally toxic and childish. There is no moral high-ground left; there is no right or wrong in this argument, it's all equal nonsense.

But hey. I ignored all the red flags, took a P-40 out on a stroll, and a few minutes in I am engaged by 2 109s. They get me good and I'm forced to bail out. Then I see one turning around and as he passes he opens up on me while dangling from my parachute. Dead. That annoyed me, sure. Outnumbered, outgunned and instead of getting some pilot's respect for the engagement, I am shot to pieces. But that's not what demonstrated the toxicity that is so ingrained into this server. It's when I sarcastically remarked that it was "classy" to kill me on a parachute that this pilot deigned he was in his moral bounds to do so because, and I'm paraphrasing here, "the reds taught him" and that since I'm one of "you guys" I had it coming and should "deal with it". Then two other pilots pitch in saying that it's the same for them, they started parachute killing because the reds did so. Do I have to spell it out how utterly ridiculous this is? That adult and (supposedly) mature men are acting like kids in a sandbox trampling the other kid's sandcastle because he knocked over his? Relative "casuals" like me are suffering from this arbitrary nonsense. I am not interested whatsoever in being part of some feud that has players more invested in giving the other side a shitty gaming experience rather than making their own more fun.

I know that not every individual on the server is having a narcissistic breakdown due to the bitter turn the campaign has taken, but for the love of God people, those that are: grow up. Get your act together. Respect your comrades but also your enemies, and that is true for both the server and this thread. Don't waste the campaign potential on all these personal vendettas. Keep it fun for others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 7