Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Yea, but what Coleman said, xJammer landing near the depot, and driving up to it behind a hill until the flak is focused on him? Then his teammates kill the flak that is shooting the ground? Really?

 

Such a person with such a character, repeatedly, do you really think TAW is the right server for him? I really don't get why you're not finally intervening. But it's your choice. 

 

 

Another issue is that what Riksen and others have mentioned: Most of all JG4 have shown to sit in spectator slots denying Russians/VVS to join and balance the sides. While I do like the guys, I honestly have to look down on that attitude - not even wanting to fly red once and stacking the server repeatedly blue. Over all TAW campaigns so far - and now denying Teambalance again by occupying slots! A timer to sit as a spectator is needed, maybe 5 minutes with an at least 15 minute ban following may help? It may be a solution - fair to all - as it will affect all people equally too.

 

P.S. Let's call a spade a spade. 🚮

 

 

 IT WAS not like that. He waited us and we killed all AAA. What is the problem?

Edited by Norz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

then why you didnt explain it was like that? i made a research and i know that he landed on lotoshino and then i did know that he waited for some ppl to do it togheter. there is nothing wrong i think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, =LG=Coldman said:

then why you didnt explain it was like that? i made a research and i know that he landed on lotoshino and then i did know that he waited for some ppl to do it togheter. there is nothing wrong i think.

 

Because i can't believe that someone can seriously think about these versions. 

Edited by Norz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im sitting , drinking a glas of red wine and thinking back when I was young and I read the small comic ......FX a 

Little comic series : Battle Britton .....a English pilot , almost in a spit and he was a hero ..... I don't remember any of the plot , but he was the hero , and I have seen many Hollywood movies with good and bad gays .... And they made some very smart thing ....

 

I'm not so much into Taw , and I use some time in Berloga for rehursing against real pilot ..... Before I'll go to Taw 

But , what I mean , I can think it's Brilliant sometimes when some ppl make a plan that is maybe stupid - but in the end seems to be very smart 

 

It's the story about xjammer I'm talking about ...... And what I have read about the nightwitches , then they  make some plane to take the flak when one go down bombing 

 

It's fine we have some rules , but let us allso be creative and not just a crowd 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Norz said:

 

Because i can't believe that someone can seriously think about these versions. 

 

Because of course xjammer is a saint and would never do such a thing, what were we thinking eh?

 

Ban the guy, he will just find the next exploit, and the next exploit, all at our expense and to fuel his fun.

Edited by SYN_Repent
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 час назад, Norz сказал:

who attacked with Ju88 the red airfields

Not red. All fields.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Another issue is that what Riksen and others have mentioned: Most of all JG4 have shown to sit in spectator slots denying Russians/VVS to join and balance the sides. While I do like the guys, I honestly have to look down on that attitude - not even wanting to fly red once and stacking the server repeatedly blue. Over all TAW campaigns so far - and now denying Teambalance again by occupying slots!  

 

Are you serious? :o: Do they really do that ?...Nobody from the JG4 for talking about that ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can somebody tell me how kubinka was captured by a destroyed tank column?

There was no symbol left on the map and we just lost Kubinka. There was no DZ to my knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerSheriff said:

Can somebody tell me how kubinka was captured by a destroyed tank column?

There was no symbol left on the map and we just lost Kubinka. There was no DZ to my knowledge.

 

 

 Before 5 min to the end the icon was there.

Edited by Norz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To try and restore some balance at peak times, could players be restricted by numbers of sorties flown per day/24 hours?

 

for example if I’ve flown 10 sorties in a day, someone who hasn’t flown any sorties or less than 10, gets priority over me to join the server at peak times, it doesn’t mean I can’t join at all, if the servers full then perhaps I’m banned for 60 minutes to allow others to join.

 

something like:

if player has 10+ sorties per 24hours between 7-9pm if server is 90% capacity = 60 minute ban

Edited by SYN_Repent
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=21056&name=AirshowDisaster

 

The adrenaline of flying an I-16 against three (!) Bf-109s is a fun challenge... Now coming to you live from any active objective on the map!

 

Here's my suggestion: Stagger the plane set.

 

If for a map the playerbase is heavily biased towards one side then on the next map then do not progress the planeset for the overpopulated side. Meaning that for the next map (for example) the Bf109 E-7 would remain the +1 fighter for the LW but the MiG-3 becomes the +1 for VVS.

Edited by AirshowDisaster
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, AirshowDisaster said:

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=21056&name=AirshowDisaster

 

The adrenaline of flying an I-16 against three (!) Bf-109s is a fun challenge... Now coming to you live from any active objective on the map!

 

Here's my suggestion: Stagger the plane set.

 

If for a map the playerbase is heavily biased towards one side then on the next map then do not progress the planeset for the overpopulated side. Meaning that for the next map (for example) the Bf109 E-7 would remain the +1 fighter for the LW but the MiG-3 becomes the +1 for VVS.

Imagine the outrage if the top luftwaffe pilots had to fly inferior planes. They'd never fly again. I am literally sitting out the first part of the campaign because the planeset is stupid.

Edited by JonRedcorn
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

Imagine the outrage if the top luftwaffe pilots had to fly inferior planes. They'd never fly again. I am literally sitting out the first part of the campaign because the planeset is stupid.

 

But that's just the thing! MiG-3 vs E-7 probably still favors the 109 in virtually all categories. The LaGG-3 flies like a brick in the best circumstances. The Yak-1 is outclimbed by almost all Bf109-Fs that LW is already getting access to in Map 2. It wouldn't be the LW flying inferior planes - they would probably still be statistically better according to most data!

 

Edit: Reading the stats the MiG-3 is slightly faster & climbs slightly better than an E-7. The E-7 turns better and is significantly better armed - unless the the MiG wants to sacrifice it's only advantages with the pods.

Edited by AirshowDisaster
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AirshowDisaster said:

Edit: Reading the stats the MiG-3 is slightly faster & climbs slightly better than an E-7. The E-7 turns better and is significantly better armed - unless the the MiG wants to sacrifice it's only advantages with the pods.

 

Mig3 is faster for 40..50km and it is "slightly". 

Edited by Norz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Norz said:

 

Mig3 is faster for 40..50km and it is "slightly". 

 

Heaven forbid the Germans not fly the significantly faster plane for once and have a go at turning instead. Like the VVS does in virtually every matchup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AirshowDisaster said:

 

Heaven forbid the Germans not fly the significantly faster plane for once and have a go at turning instead. Like the VVS does in virtually every matchup.

 

I fly both sides. Last 2 campaigns was on the red side. Your comments are wrong. 

Edited by Norz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Norz said:

 

I fly both sides. Last 2 campaigns was on the red side. Your comments are wrong. 

I just think you're missing the point of giving the currently disadvantaged side a leg up. It's supposed to give them an edge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a lot of fun tonight not waiting to be a Lufty and instead taking some I16s and flying to survive. 

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AirshowDisaster said:

 

But that's just the thing! MiG-3 vs E-7 probably still favors the 109 in virtually all categories. The LaGG-3 flies like a brick in the best circumstances. The Yak-1 is outclimbed by almost all Bf109-Fs that LW is already getting access to in Map 2. It wouldn't be the LW flying inferior planes - they would probably still be statistically better according to most data!

 

Edit: Reading the stats the MiG-3 is slightly faster & climbs slightly better than an E-7. The E-7 turns better and is significantly better armed - unless the the MiG wants to sacrifice it's only advantages with the pods.

'
this is so hard to read. its beyond any categories of wrong. The MIG3, climbs faster, is like 50 kph faster, accelerates faster, climbs faster, has about equal armament (two 20mm in the nose). and the performance is not even in the same ball park. 
the Mig having the much³ better high alt performace. Yes the e7 turns better, so if turning is "all" yes, the 109 is in "all" categories better.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually the MiG vs 109 F2 is super nice with MiG being the better plane for me:) The real pain will be the F4.

Edited by =L/R=Maurox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

'
this is so hard to read. its beyond any categories of wrong. The MIG3, climbs faster, is like 50 kph faster, accelerates faster, climbs faster, has about equal armament (two 20mm in the nose). and the performance is not even in the same ball park. 
the Mig having the much³ better high alt performace. Yes the e7 turns better, so if turning is "all" yes, the 109 is in "all" categories better.

I think I mainlined my coffee a little too hard and got the F-2 and E-7 mixed up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AirshowDisaster said:

I think I mainlined my coffee a little too hard and got the F-2 and E-7 mixed up.

 

The problem is that it happend every time when you wrote about a balance in the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23 February 2019 at 1:05 AM, AirshowDisaster said:

It doesn't matter how good a pilot you are - if you're the only target for three people you will lose.

 

If you're not a great pilot (like me!) then you will also lose - really really fast.

The problem is the game limitations also . You think your flying alone yet there are six other pilots around you yet you have not seen . You spot your target you pull the trigger then all hell breaks loose . Suddenly you have six other pilots chasing your target . ..lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JG4 currently have 16 pilots in the server, all flying blue.............the limit of this server comes down to human nature in the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SYN_Repent said:

JG4 currently have 16 pilots in the server, all flying blue.............the limit of this server comes down to human nature in the end.

 

And the funny thing is; they have never flown red, and never will...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We must relive the glory days of the REICH! EVERY DAY. For I cannot bathe in the light of Hitler without my trusty 109. Every poor stooge in a i16 must taste the glorious shells of Galland himself! Flying Luftwaffe isn't a game it's a lifestyle get used to it.

 

Ok I'm done.

  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like how TAW strips you when you lost connection, today I was damaged by Mig3, disengaged and was save  RTB ( actually close to airfiled) then had disco and becouse of it lost the plane, progres points, CM, streak and was marked as shotdown 😕 

 

We are adults  and especial in TAW do not need that policy.

 

 

image.thumb.png.53a76cca41ff3788189ebca0e922f62a.png

Edited by 307_Tomcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am starting not to like this game:

 

Looks like we have another person not playing TAW in good faith

 

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=23812&name=ROSS_WedRuSs

 

I guess KoBY engaged it, and it crashed. Instead of leaving the game - WedRuss just sat there for his bot gunner to takeout the guy or anyone else that loitered into the area. That was me - but I took his butt out!

 

Not cool man...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's time for a quick reminder to some that this thread is not a tribunal but a place to discuss TAW. If you have issues with the behavior of players, contact the Admins via PM.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Maybe it's time for a quick reminder to some that this thread is not a tribunal but a place to discuss TAW. If you have issues with the behavior of players, contact the Admins via PM.

 

I will pilotely have to disagree with you. Here is where we discuss all things TAW, which include airing of grievances. 

 

LOL I did like that "...quick reminder" LOL Like you have are Da Sheriff here, Haha! Ride dem coattails bro!

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JonRedcorn said:

We must relive the glory days of the REICH! EVERY DAY. For I cannot bathe in the light of Hitler without my trusty 109. Every poor stooge in a i16 must taste the glorious shells of Galland himself! Flying Luftwaffe isn't a game it's a lifestyle get used to it.

 

Ok I'm done.

Amen.  I have a squaddie who doesn't have a throttle on his joystick, so he only flies the G2.  Full power on takeoff and never touches the power again the whole sortie.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JG7_X-Man said:

 

I will pilotely have to disagree with you. Here is where we discuss all things TAW, which include airing of grievances. 

 

LOL I did like that "...quick reminder" LOL Like you have are Da Sheriff here, Haha! Ride dem coattails bro!

 

Well how very polite of you, consider me impressed!

 

I should probably follow my own advice and just ignore this Thread until the campaign is over and the content is bearable again.

Edited by Operatsiya_Ivy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On a lighter note - the chaotic, low-altitude turning dogfights that happen in Maps 1 & 2 on TAW are always a blast and often my favorite bit of the whole campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, maybe to prevent further situations like landing on enemy territory/airfields just add a message to all concerning players that "Infantrymen report that an enemy plane landed by ####.#" that will give the players of the affected team the location to find and destroy the landed plane by themselves; Also enabling 5-10 minute timer limit for spectator when a side is full. There! if that is indeed possible I think these issues will be solved, and to further balance the matches that will be up to us players to not join stacked sides, and change sides occasionaly, I havent flown red yet on this TAW but its only because I can enjoy my Macchi on map 1 and 2. (Too bad I can't do it now because you know... Blue is stacked)

Edited by SCG_Faerber
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of those days. Couldn’t get on for several hours because server was full. Finally got on, spawn, taken out by bomb.....sigh. What they serving in the sergeant’s mess ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question regarding the Ju52's "MAB 250 Para Containers". Can i drop these things over a damaged AF for resupply? I tried it and i'm not sure if it worked or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like it's the death knell for this map - another one to the villainous LW. Looking forward to MiGs and Yaks for the VVS!

 

But not the LaGG-3. No-one is looking forward to the LaGG-3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...