Pour le Merite (Blue Max) and Distinguished Service Orders and Higher Awards

Hi Baumer!

Checking my awards page, although I have 25 PVP kills and am mostly flying Entente, I don't seem to get the Entente award (the DSO?). Am I supposed to score 20 victories with Entente planes only? Thanks and see you in the skies!

S!

Edited by J2_Bidu

Lost Paperwork in the Medals and Decorations Ministry

Please join in congratulating the following pilot(s) for their accomplishments over the trenches.

image.png.24ca583fd4c2aa801da0a0016e21c655.pngThe Military Merit Cross of Bavaria was earned by SCG_Sinerox with his 45th score in a single virtual life.  S!

image.png.580d55295ac9c370dd920f99492d676d.pngThe Distinguished Service Cross was earned by US103_Baer.  He achieved near immortality with 62 scores against other pilots until ending his streak on November 27th.

entbritDSO.png.11eb68236eeb040b2d89885fe9bf3419.pngThe Distinguished Service Order earned by US103_Patterson for his 20th "score" in a single virtual life.  Congratulations!

The FC Flugpark parser can be visited at http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/en/ . See your own pilots earned awards by finding and clicking on your pilot name in either the pilot ranking tab or your squad tab and then the "awards" tab.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Upvote 3

Another Medal for Rummel and a Mystery Death

Please join in congratulating the following pilot(s) for their accomplishments over the trenches.

image.png.580d55295ac9c370dd920f99492d676d.pngThe Distinguished Service Cross was earned by @US93_Rummell.  His streak of scores is at 45. 

In other news, the following updates from over the front were read in Kaiser Commendations and Englander Despatches:

@US93_Larner has been becoming busier over the front as he has confirmed his 124th score, remaining the highest scoring ace of the war alive.

@SCG_Sinerox fell victim to a mysterious flying accident 59 seconds after takeoff after having just returned back to active flying duty after an extended break behind the lines.  His streak was ended with a final score of 48.

The FC Flugpark parser can be visited at http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/en/ . See your own pilots earned awards by finding and clicking on your pilot name in either the pilot ranking tab or your squad tab and then the "awards" tab.  Other awards may be earned and displayed in the Flugpark for scoring victories in combination of Person vs. Person (PvP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).

View the entire listing of "Honor Rolls" in the original post of this thread.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Upvote 1

Congrats to both! 🥂

On 12/5/2020 at 6:01 AM, J5_Baeumer said:

@J2_Bidu  I think you've simply maxed out the space allowed for displaying medals on the medals page.   Its a hazard of earning too many medals on both sides!   No room on the medal bar. 

@J5_Baeumer, retrospectively, and given the fact that a couple more medals showed up in my list, concerning 10 and 15 PVP Central side (in a life I have sadly lost ☠️), I think it's safe to assume the the tally of victories is done for each side separately. This is unexpected, but most appropriate, more or less like having separate lives, although curiously entwined, a quantum entanglement of sorts. 🤔

Edited by J2_Bidu
  • Haha 1

Perhaps a change occured in the last update that was not in the release notes.   All I know is what the author has communicated previously.    Coalition is determined by the percentage of flight time you fly one or the other coalition.  Coalition determines the type of award.  

I think your overlooking the fact that awards earned in a life don't disappear at end of a life.  They reset at end of the tour.  The current tour ends at the end of this month.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
4 hours ago, J5_Baeumer said:

I think your overlooking the fact that awards earned in a life don't disappear at end of a life.  They reset at end of the tour.  The current tour ends at the end of this month.

Nah, my latest medals were german, for an otherwise "Entente" virtual life. And despite having 27 or 28 PVPs I didn't get any of the 20 +awards. I'm pretty sure I didn't reach that number for either side.

• 1 month later...

Morning, all. 

Updated some of the graphics for forum signature ribbons, for those who wanted to display them: 

Entente:

MoH:   ehVhdlU.png
VC:       yff3cNG.png
DSC:    YZYz1Fw.png
DSO:    gHWTa8a.png

Order of the Crown (Bomber Pilots): RxRHLv2.png

Central:

Blue Max w/ Oak Leaves: Dwq9xf9.png
Order of the Red Eagle:     6uBO1iJ.png
Bavarian Military Cross:    DuLbdQw.png
Blue Max:                             PbfoOmy.png

House Order of Hohenzollern (Bomber Pilots): sgSggGx.png

Another Greentail "Blue Max" for Jasta 5 and a DSO for the 103rd

image.png.768f4a4bf22592cf508ccbfa5e182984.pngThe Pour le Merité was earned by @J5_Chunko for his streak of 23 player vs. player scores in a single virtual life.

entbritDSO.png.11eb68236eeb040b2d89885fe9bf3419.pngThe Distinguished Service Order was earned by @US103_Hunter for his streak of 21 player vs. player scores in a single virtual life. 

In other news, the following updates from over the front were read in Kaiser Commendations and Englander Despatches:

@US93_Larner  continues to protect his the longest streak at the Western Front in a virtual life against live players, which currently stands at 126!

The FC Flugpark parser can be visited at http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/ . See your own pilots earned awards by finding and clicking on your pilot name in either the pilot ranking tab or your squad tab and then the "awards" tab.  Other awards may be earned and displayed in the Flugpark for scoring victories in combination of Person vs. Person (PvP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

A Bavarian Medal for a Englishman flying for Germany!

image.png.17459e24c09c75b3de2c8068fb6697eb.pngThe Bavarian Military Merit Cross, 3rd Class has been earned a mere two weeks after earning his Pour le Merité by @J5_Chunko for his streak of 40+ player vs. player scores in a single virtual life.  His streak is at 41.  This is but the fifth awarding of this award to a Central pilot in Flying Circus.  Please join in congratulating him on this achievement!

image.png.768f4a4bf22592cf508ccbfa5e182984.png@J2_Von-Graff has earned his Pour le Merité in a streak of person vs. person skirmishes that began back in May last year!  Thanks for understanding this one slipped through! 

@US93_Larner  risked Saturday the longest streak at the Western Front in a virtual life against live players, which currently stands at 127! 

@1PL-Sahaj-1Esk has blazed to a streak now at 58 PvP scores in a single virtual life.

The FC Flugpark parser can be visited at http://stats.jasta5.org:8000/ . See your own pilots earned awards by finding and clicking on your pilot name in either the pilot ranking tab or your squad tab and then the "awards" tab.  Other awards may be earned and displayed in the Flugpark for scoring victories in combination of Person vs. Person (PvP) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Who is this man? Is he a spectre, a phantom in human form? They whisper his name in the mess, the latrines and down by the river with fear and respect. With stiff upper lips and pipes firmly clenched .... his name is barely heard .... it travels across the gentle zephyr to the cringing Ack Emmas. His name is ..... CHUNKO!

You're welcome Chunko.  The blue max looks good on you. And by all reports (secret British intel, cannot divulge sources, but may be a woman), well deserved.

Edited by ST_Catchov
Top Secret

A short-lived love story on Valentines Day....

Heart Red Big · Free image on Pixabay

image.png.e8f07c246e139f13eec8696fcf5871f9.png1PL-Sahaj gave himself a well deserved valentine on Valentines day, downing his 77th player while on a wild ride that day that included many such scores.  Had it not been that the awards office had posted results through Saturday of last week instead of the usual Sunday, the award would have been announced that same day.  Unfortunately the aspiring pilots success was cut short only days later this past week in an unexplained solo flying accident.  

@US93_Larner  risked Saturday the longest streak at the Western Front in a virtual life against live players, which currently stands at 129! 

• Like 2

Congratulations to Sahaj,  fingers crossed for next big achievement.

Wishful for more luck as angle fighter need it more often.

Well done Larner ,yours streak is truly amazing, very rare combination of skill and discipline on your side.

We Salute you guys !

• Thanks 1