J5_Baeumer

Pour le Merite (Blue Max) and Distinguished Service Orders and Higher Awards

3 hours ago, 1PL-Lucas-1Esk said:

Give us all of them! 😄

It was not that simple as Trupo wrote, as during the WW1 there were CP and Entente-oriented politicians. While on one side there were units serving along the CP armies, there were such ones serving on the Entente side. Sure, the numbers on the Entente side started to grow after 1917, when many volunteers from the USA and Canada joined the army being formed in France. Things started to move faster after the W. Wilson's Fourteen Points (where 13th point stated about independent Poland). On the other side, we shall remember the Act of 5th November 1916, which was Wilhelm's and Franz Joseph's proclamation of the (future) forming of Kingdom of Poland (in the need for cannon fodder). That act allowed to create a local civilian administration and small army which was a backbone of the independent country in the first months after the November 11th 1918. This act also "made a pressure" on the Entente to propose something on the "Polish independence case" (Wilson's 13th point)

Anyways, the independence process was an effect of the collapse of the Central Powers, revolution in Russia and a wise compromise between the politicians who were CP and Entente oriented after the November 11th 1918.

So, while "we" are fighting mostly for the Entente and Trupo fights for Franz Joseph and Wilhelm II, we shall meet and reunite together somewhere in late 1918/early 1919 😄

Reunite and together with our American friends fight vs Bolsheviks in coming years.

http://bunews.com.ua/society/item/remembering-the-american-pilots-who-helped-poland-defend-europe-from-the-bolsheviks

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, J2_Drookasi said:

Yes, this is what I like.

I understood you .  Paraphrasing the famous phrase "Pecunia non olet" in this case, we can say "The statistics do not smell" 😉

1 hour ago, emely said:

I understood you .  Paraphrasing the famous phrase "Pecunia non olet" in this case, we can say "The statistics do not smell" 😉

I am afraid I have to disagree. Statistics do smell but not everyone has the same sensitivity in their noses.

10 hours ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Reunite and together with our American friends fight vs Bolsheviks in coming years.

There is a small problem; finding a sufficient number of Bolsheviks for war today will not be easy.  But you guys are smart, you will find some sort of replacement for them 😉

Oh, these Polish winged hussars, all the same hot-tempered and warlike as hundreds of years ago 🙂

IMG_7668.JPG

7 hours ago, J2_Drookasi said:

I am afraid I have to disagree. Statistics do smell but not everyone has the same sensitivity in their noses.

Since you say so, it means that you feel some kind of smell, otherwise  would not have written it?

Edited by emely

4 hours ago, J5_Baeumer said:

Congratulations, Drookasi!

Thank you for keeping track of this and thank you Jasta 5 for your server, missions, events and all the work that those involve. The WW1 community is enjoying this game largely due to your ceaseless efforts.

Salute!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good job buddy. Really looking forward to stopping your streak this month!

💩

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, US213_Talbot said:

Good job buddy. Really looking forward to stopping your streak this month!

💩

You might even succeed if the planets are in the right planes and if you dance naked on the seaside a night  with a red moon, painted in roosters blood.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Congratulations Herr Drookasi!

...Don’t pay any attention to that ex-cabin boy. His type is beneath us Prussian officers. 🧐😋 We look forward to hosting you in the Jasta 10 officer’s mess, alive and well, at the end of this month! 😎😁👍

Edited by JG1_Hotlead_J10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2020 at 4:09 PM, JG1_Hotlead_J10 said:

...Don’t pay any attention to that ex-cabin boy. His type is beneath us Prussian officers. 🧐😋 We look forward to hosting you in the Jasta 10 officer’s mess, alive and well, at the end of this month! 😎😁👍

Oh, there's a thought! I've been looking for somewhere to store all the Cooper Bombs H.Q keeps sending us....

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I'm surprised Talbot didn't tell you where to shove them, yet ;). 

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
  • Haha 1

S! and congrats to J2_ Jakob on earning his PLM over the past two months!   

PS I will update the official list this weekend.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, J5_Baeumer said:

Thank you! 🤩

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, J5_Baeumer said:

PS I will update the official list this weekend.

Many congratulations from the personnel of Jasta Boelcke to our pilot J2_Jakob for his accomplishment. The collection of Pour Le Merites in the Jasta increases!

Edited by J2_Drookasi
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Good job Jakob and congratulations! May your next v-life be full of misfortune!

• Haha 1

Congratulations for new pilots whose received honor of being an elite FC aviators.

S!

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2020 at 9:45 AM, US213_Talbot said:

Good job Jakob and congratulations! May your next v-life be full of misfortune!    Spads!

Fixed.

Congrats Jakob!

Edited by J5_Gamecock

15 hours ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

I'd like the thank @emely for making these pour le merites possible...  ;)

Thanks for the gratitude, always at your service 😉 However, I do not see the connection between your great achievements and my person 🙂

Posted (edited)

I think he is trying to say that you are the Wild Bill of FC.       3EauthD.png

Edited by J5_Klugermann
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, J28w-Broccoli said:

I was just poking light-hearted fun at your earlier comments in this thread.

On this forum, all posts are full of humor 🙂 I wrote here, hoping to bring the conversation to a couple of duels on Berloga.  But then I looked at the statistics and realized that my place in the ranking was 172, which means that I fly at least 150 times worse than the first 20 from the list 😉 No, it is definitely impossible with such a gap in skills!  :-))

p.s.  There is talk that the J28w-Broccoli is so protective of its streak that it has now completely stopped flying, even on D7f)))

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Ah, I miss tangling with you on the J99 server.  :)

At least there nobody was invisible.

Edited by J28w-Broccoli
  • Haha 1

Updated scoreboard.  Note Drookasi's current holder of the biggest record on file for PvP scores (noted by wreath) and he is still alive working towards the highest awards earned to date!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow - nice surprise to wake up to! 

Congrats to the two Boelckes as well! 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Great job Drookasi ,keep up , be the first centurion  !

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the kind words. It is great to see the game gathering momentum and witnessing increased numbers of players every week. I remember the pessimism produced by the low numbers of players just 2 months ago and now we are having activity almost every day of the week. I sincerely hope that this shall be a signal for the developing team that this WW1 simmer community deserves their further attention.

Everyone has his preferences on playing this game. For me, it is the 'role playing' style, where your first task is to stay alive, you and your wingmen, and if possible return everybody to your home field. And for me, that means: spot the enemy before he does, decide if by engaging you have a high probability of winning fast, maintain energy advantages, re-evaluate the situation after the first shots are fired and if needed disengage while you still can. If by following those rules I get 1 kill for every 45 mins of flying, I am content that I did well. For some people that might not be sufficient, 20 seconds of action for 45 minutes of flying, but at least for me those 20 secs are so intense that my pulse literally races and as I have said before this is a feeling that I only felt in RoF and now in FC and that you cannot have (I think) if you do not care for your v-life.

Salute to the 1st PL and the 3rd PG for producing, among others, much of the heart beat racing I have described before.

Larner congratulations! Kind of appropriate you and I being there, don't you think?

Salute to the community!

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, J2_Drookasi said:

Larner congratulations! Kind of appropriate you and I being there, don't you think?

...It's certainly a fine representation of our colossal egos ;) 

Agreed with Drookasi - playing the "V-Life Game" adds an incredible new element and feeling to the game unlike anything I've experienced in any other kind of gaming / simulation. Every moment, whether the lines are quiet or action-packed, is filled with tension, and it all reaches a fever-pitch when you finally find an opponent! I think the effect is doubled for me as I have a bad habit of not being able to resist a big scrap when I see one on the lines...let me tell you, when you have a good streak going and you find yourself in the centre of a 20-plane furball the feeling is indescribable! 

Although I feel that my current V-Life has just about expended its quota of luck. There's only so many fires and collisions you can survive before it all catches up to you...either way, being able to wear the DSC-4 is a great honour, and a result I'm very happy with! My wingmen deserve more credit than me for keeping my reckless, scrappy self alive long enough to get to 40 ;)  

Cheers to the community for turning FC into something truly thrilling - and thanks again to J5 for being the pillar of the community! There's really nothing like flying these old ships...

Edited by US93_Larner
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Get a room you two. There's a war on.

Edited by US213_Talbot

52 minutes ago, US213_Talbot said:

Get a room you two. There's a war on.

Unlike the habits exercised by certain Englishmen and their colonists, we German gentlemen have a preference to the other sex.

• Haha 1