=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

33 minutes ago, SYN_Repent said:

How do I report a intentional disconnect? 

Hello SYN_Repent,

not always a disconnect intention. in Germany, we have every 24 hours disconnect by the provider. 

but many thanks to the players who wanted to ban me from the server. (SYN_Repent, Atochi,RamaWiLL,Sabre111,TACC, 72AG_TARANTUL, Gaps)

as a server operator, I am very happy if the guests want to ban the TAW Admin.

today connected since 22.07.2018, 16:46 clock

providerA.thumb.PNG.5e208bb7a344670e28a1e65899927659.PNG

router disconnected  last days 

providerB.thumb.PNG.75dcc5a1020a114eae6709191594aaad.PNG

further discussions are not necessary😎

• Like 3

It wasn’t you I was talking about raven, don’t worry, this guy disconnected after going into the 190 spin, he was going to crash, and disconnected 

• Thanks 1

@StG2_Raven, in case you didn't know yet. 

You can manually change the time for the 24h disconnect,in the settings of the Fritzbox, so it doesn't bother you during primetime, anymore. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Jizzo said:

@StG2_Raven, in case you didn't know yet. 

You can manually change the time for the 24h disconnect,in the settings of the Fritzbox, so it doesn't bother you during primetime, anymore. 

Thank you. It is known to me. In fritz os 6.93 the option is missing. Is a bug. Will be fixed with the upcoming os 7.

Oh boy, maybe I'm the only one who is of this opinion, but THIS LAST MAP ROCKS!

- I [edited] like the matchup

- Great job from the LW to come back from 2 bases back to 5 (at a certain point)

- this weekend (21 - 22 July), we had overal great balance in numbers

I really need TAW to stop, I need my social life back. I really need my real life back. I really need my life ... I really need ...

[edited], TAW IS LOVE TAW IS LIFE WOOOOOOOT!!!

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

55 minutes ago, SYN_Repent said:

It wasn’t you I was talking about raven, don’t worry, this guy disconnected after going into the 190 spin, he was going to crash, and disconnected 

Ok, fine.

Basically, it is not forbidden, just like the shooting on the parachutes. Both actions are not welcome. Only when a pilot is very many disco's and this is proven by a track and the stats. Only then can we react.

Edited by StG2_Raven

21 hours ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

- Great job from the LW to come back from 2 bases back to 5 (at a certain point)

I really need TAW to stop, I need my social life back. I really need my real life back. I really need my life ... I really need ...

[edited] , TAW IS LOVE TAW IS LIFE WOOOOOOOT!!!

I agree 100%, it’s been great!

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

21 hours ago, =FSB=HandyNasty said:

[edited] , TAW IS LOVE TAW IS LIFE WOOOOOOOT!!!

I come for the party but, I STAY for the after-party!!!  :cool:

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Hi pilots!

I will join this server when I get more experience, now I am very noob and I will harm my team too much but i have one question:

Is BoK needed in order to play in this server?

52 minutes ago, Al-Azraq said:

Hi pilots!

I will join this server when I get more experience, now I am very noob and I will harm my team too much but i have one question:

Is BoK needed in order to play in this server?

Nope, not necessary, but you might miss some of the planes from BOK. In MP you have always access to all maps - even if you don't

have bought the specific one (f.ex. Kuban) - as for the planes you can only access the ones you have in your collection.

Cheerio

37 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Nope, not necessary, but you might miss some of the planes from BOK. In MP you have always access to all maps - even if you don't

have bought the specific one (f.ex. Kuban) - as for the planes you can only access the ones you have in your collection.

Cheerio

Thanks for the reply!

So what about if I don't own any of the planes available under my profile?

chrome_2018-07-23_14-22-38.jpg.0ca4a161406db993c6cdee890d737ba0.jpg

1 minute ago, Al-Azraq said:

Thanks for the reply!

Well, in this case you won't be able to fly as a pilot, but you may fly as a gunner (if position is not locked!)

Just now, -IRRE-Therion said:

Well, in this case you won't be able to fly as a pilot, but you may fly as a gunner (if position is not locked!)

Gunner positions are locked.

To fly all missions on TAW you will need BoM, BoS, BoK and Battle of Bodenplatte in the future. Otherwise you are very limited on some maps.

5 minutes ago, Al-Azraq said:

Thanks for the reply!

I think that with BoS you would have pe-2 87 and il-2 1942 model available in last map but I am not sure if you would have anything to fly with during the first 2 maps?

• Upvote 1

Well, on TAW it depends actually on the settlement of a battle. Some battles will require nearly all of the modules, but on some battles you

will be able to join with only BOS as stated by LLv44_Mprhead. Didn't know that gunner position were locked on TAW, it depends on the

server administrators settings. But theoretically you can use gunner positions on MP servers, although it has been reported, that some

really "funny" ones used these gunner positions to ruin the combat by shooting willingly at friendlies.

But, sure, only fitted with BOS you will be very limited joining battles on TAW. Sorry for you, mate.

1 hour ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

1 hour ago, Operatsiya_Ivy said:

Gunner positions are locked.

To fly all missions on TAW you will need BoM, BoS, BoK and Battle of Bodenplatte in the future. Otherwise you are very limited on some maps.

1 hour ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

I think that with BoS you would have pe-2 87 and il-2 1942 model available in last map but I am not sure if you would have anything to fly with during the first 2 maps?

43 minutes ago, -IRRE-Therion said:

Well, on TAW it depends actually on the settlement of a battle. Some battles will require nearly all of the modules, but on some battles you

will be able to join with only BOS as stated by LLv44_Mprhead. Didn't know that gunner position were locked on TAW, it depends on the

server administrators settings. But theoretically you can use gunner positions on MP servers, although it has been reported, that some

really "funny" ones used these gunner positions to ruin the combat by shooting willingly at friendlies.

But, sure, only fitted with BOS you will be very limited joining battles on TAW. Sorry for you, mate.

Thanks mates! I totally understand, game has to be as historically accurate as possible so for now I will play in WoL and Berluga to get better at the game. Then I will join TAW with the planes I have available (maybe in the Herman side I have more). But, most likely I will get BoK next month and BoP more down the road as I am pouring many hours into the game and I absolutely love it so my money will pay off.

I own BoS and BoM by the way.

34 minutes ago, Al-Azraq said:

Oh well then, you shouldn't be limited plane-vise then on TAW. Usually the LAGG-3 is always available on the maps.

On the blue side I don't know - I don't fly for the Krauts very often to be honest.

39 minutes ago, Al-Azraq said:

Thanks mates! I totally understand, game has to be as historically accurate as possible so for now I will play in WoL and Berluga to get better at the game. Then I will join TAW with the planes I have available (maybe in the Herman side I have more). But, most likely I will get BoK next month and BoP more down the road as I am pouring many hours into the game and I absolutely love it so my money will pay off.

Then you'll be set for basically all maps in TAW. As you can see on the manual page (http://taw.stg2.de/manual.php)  it is only on map 8 that you won't have any fighters for VVS without BOK (or at least the Yak-1B and/or Spitfire Mk.V collector's planes). For Germany you'll have the 109 G-2, Stuka and the Ju 88.

Looks like this last map is going to go to soviets by plane attrition. And it's okey ofc when it happens once in a campaign. But I much prefer this depot game compared to all the maps being won by plane or pilot attrition. I hope in future we will see maybe little smaller role of these kind of depots we have now and addition of fuel depots, more trains and railwaystations and maybe even staging areas of attacks.

4 minutes ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

Looks like this last map is going to go to soviets by plane attrition. And it's okey ofc when it happens once in a campaign. But I much prefer this depot game compared to all the maps being won by plane or pilot attrition. I hope in future we will see maybe little smaller role of these kind of depots we have now and addition of fuel depots, more trains and railwaystations and maybe even staging areas of attacks.

You wont like the depot game once one side has a dedicated band of border line autistic cat-herders pooping on your depot in 4 maps flat... 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

You wont like the depot game once one side has a dedicated band of border line autistic cat-herders pooping on your depot in 4 maps flat... 

Well done...you got me to laugh in my office like a lunatic that made my supervisor wonder if I've finally cracked 

I think it comes down to people not wanting to let this map be over until it's unavoidable.  After all, TAW goes bye-bye for awhile while the admins tweak the next map/mission set.  While I AM one of those "borderline autistic cat-herders" that's been pooping on Axis depots, I do agree the depot/supply chain parameters need to be adjusted.  In all honesty, if us Cat-Herders were a little more dedicated to consuming energy drinks (A.K.A "Cheetah Piss"), this map would have taken the same course of the previous one - shut down in ~24 hours. 

Edited by Mobile_BBQ
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

Yeah, but then again, going to depot is like opening a box of chocolate, you never know when some random JG4_Krugers jump at you from woodworks. 

Also, our official Depot going song.

800px-Wild_Weasels_patch.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Like 1

Also, I have been authorized by Allied High Command to transmit the following message to all Axis pilots. 

Message is as follows:  

" 1:1 us bro."   :P

Just now, Mobile_BBQ said:

Also, I have been authorized by Allied High Command to transmit the following message to all Axis pilots. 

Message is as follows:  

" 1:1 us bro."   :P

They are too busy not caring with all the 50 pilots :biggrin:

VVS needs the option to achieve victory by flying lowaltitude and holding local airsuperiority not be pigeonholed into 2 objectives especially when outnumbered at the same time. You also could stand to make different targets like regular convoys with soft vehicles so that LW can also use the guns of their attackers aswell. Also the objectives are nicely packed and confined and do not require recon. Also the part of organizing is completely gone since you cannot suprise anybody by showing up with a huge fleet of IL-2s and fighter in one of 5 places.

This one is a bit more  Kuban specific and i see that Kuban lacks AFs in certain regions, but in all seriousness WOL has more objectives than you do.

Kuban really is just a glorified berloga for a server that used to have 40-80 ppl throughout the EU afternoon and evening.

curr_gen_map.jpg

In the last 6-9 month you badly tried to remove the VVS ways to victory or flatout attack instead of creating better ways for LW victory.

Edited by =FEW=N3croo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The amount of bitterness and salt over such a great server is really quite remarkable.. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JohanLoton said:

The amount of bitterness and salt over such a great server is really quite remarkable.. 

This just reflects the character (or lack thereof) of the participants.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JohanLoton said:

Are you talking about the salt that happens during in-game chat?  If so, I'll be logging in, flying a Pe-2 transport in circles at the back of the map, and soaking in the entertainment value! :popcorm:

• Haha 1

I have a question. How do the stats determine if a kill goes to a player or the AA if both hit a plane? Just curious.

Depends if the AA or the player delivers what the TAW script considers  a "kill blow".

9 minutes ago, Psyrion said:

I have a question. How do the stats determine if a kill goes to a player or the AA if both hit a plane? Just curious.

7 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

Depends if the AA or the player delivers what the TAW script considers  a "kill blow".

Which I bet is parsed from the logs. So it's what the logs say, then either by checking and comparing the amounts of damage done or simply looking at the kill message and who it's attributed to.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

As a very new player to IL-2 I managed to lose all my planes on the server, is there anything other than wait that I can do

Edited by 18Ry_cav

32 minutes ago, 18Ry_cav said:

As a very new player to IL-2 I managed to lose all my planes on the server, is there anything other than wait that I can do

Fly transport missions.

10 hours ago, Psyrion said:

10 hours ago, Cpt_Siddy said:

3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Which I bet is parsed from the logs. So it's what the logs say, then either by checking and comparing the amounts of damage done or simply looking at the kill message and who it's attributed to.

Whenever the damage amount in game reaches 100% (shown as 1.0 in the TAW-Stats),  the plane is considered "SHOT DOWN".  Whoever (.. or whatever)  causes that 100% damage is credited with the kill. The "TAW script" doesn't consider anything, it simply reads this info from the server log file.

2 hours ago, [I./JG62]Knipser said:

Whenever the damage amount in game reaches 100% (shown as 1.0 in the TAW-Stats),  the plane is considered "SHOT DOWN".  Whoever (.. or whatever)  causes that 100% damage is credited with the kill. The "TAW script" doesn't consider anything, it simply reads this info from the server log file.

When the plane can get home after being "shot down"? Damn right TAW scrip considers it. 

The numerical values are just how it does that considerations. 

I noticed when you shoot the rudder off someone you get credited even if the ennemy plane manages to land safely. I remember 3 taws ago I shotdown a spitfire that was flying over our tanks and didn't get credited, I checked the stat and someone shot off his rudder 15 mins before and was credited instantly. Funny thing is the spitfire was flying around like it didn't matter.

Edited by =FSB=Man-Yac
  • Haha 1

Well, its over, folks, gg all :biggrin:

And big thanks to all the cats, meow :3 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Thanks 1