=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Well, its over, folks, gg all :biggrin:

And big thanks to all the cats, meow :3 

Edited by Cpt_Siddy
  • Thanks 1

what Cpt_Siddy said! Thanks TAW admin and everyone that helped making this sim not just a simple game for us to enjoy!

Much love and appreciation.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

TAW team thanks again for yet another superb campaign.

And congratilations to all participants.

P.S.

Would it be possible to get the P40 E back till the last map as it was historicaly used in kuban for example till the 2nd half of 1943 in front line units (and much longer in other theaters and 2nd line units)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

If there is one change for future editions to be made, consider giving red side at least one BoS plane from the start. Historically I guess it should be LaGG-3.

Despite all the complaints about the recent TAW changes and the usual moaning about team-imbalance  on the server, it was still a nice campaign to fly. Had a great time, thanks LG and STG2 for that! Teamplay on the blue side was surprisingly good on the first few maps. Some people should maybe focus on becoming a better virtual pilot, than putting all there time and effort into flaming and personal attacks here in this forum thread. Valuable comments and objective criticism, that's what helps @=LG=Kathon and his team to improve TAW for future campaigns! Thanks to all those, that gave us informative, analytic and useful contributions. 
Cheers and Horrido, see you in the next campaign!

Edited by [I./JG62]Knipser
  • Like 1

Thank you all, for making my first campaign so much fun! The server crew has definitely done an admirable job! 
The only thing I regret, is that I didn't have the time to make more flights!

Congrats to Axis for Victory !

Thx for admins and people made posible TAW , thx for all players ( parachute killers included  ;)  ), especially thx for friendly fighters cover us on ground attack .

I hope we see on next edition.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2nd half of the campaign was ok. The beginning was not so enjoyable. But that was more due to the numbers.

The attack/counterattack mechanics are only working if the player numbers are ok. As soon as that is unbalanced it is not enjoyable.
But nice to see that the skill level increased. Less "low six" kills. More players were aware of their surroundings.
I hope that will be the same in the next one as well where we switch to blue again.

• Upvote 2

Many thanks for all the work behind the scenes - Im back to IL2 after about 8-9 years and its been a fantastic, frustrating and heart pounding experience.

• Thanks 1

TAW requires some fine tuning, but, after all, it was just the best IL2 server.

Congratulations for =LG= and STG 2.

Greetings to all participants, see you in the next edition.:salute:

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

2nd half of the campaign was ok. The beginning was not so enjoyable. But that was more due to the numbers.
The attack/counterattack mechanics are only working if the player numbers are ok. As soon as that is unbalanced it is not enjoyable.

Exactly; that's what some of us have been saying for the last five pages as constructive criticism to make TAW even better than what already is: under current conditions (attack/counterattack mechanics) each map become very sensitive to player numbers.  I hope admins take this into consideration for following editions.

So once again a big thanks to =LG= and StG2 for creating TAW, and also to the participants who give life to it; the best online campaign there is.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

If there is one change for future editions to be made, consider giving red side at least one BoS plane from the start. Historically I guess it should be LaGG-3.

It's a late model Lagg3, shouldn't have it in 1941 if we are talking historically. I mean blue side don't have Bos fighters from the start (I guess they can fly stuka though)

1 minute ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

It's a late model Lagg3, shouldn't have it in 1941 if we are talking historically. I mean blue side don't have Bos fighters from the start (I guess they can fly stuka though)

well, plane set is not strictly historical anyway. Otherwise we would have ju 88 from start :) But now the thing is that there is 2 blue planes from BoS and 0 red. So if you fly blue you can participate the whole campaign even if you only have BoS and if you fly red you are excluded from first 2 maps and IMO this should be changed.

1 minute ago, LLv44_Mprhead said:

well, plane set is not strictly historical anyway. Otherwise we would have ju 88 from start :) But now the thing is that there is 2 blue planes from BoS and 0 red. So if you fly blue you can participate the whole campaign even if you only have BoS and if you fly red you are excluded from first 2 maps and IMO this should be changed.

Damn why not give them some p39 from the start for the kuban players, makes absolutly no sense to me.. And yes 88 should be available from the start we agree on that.

5 minutes ago, =FSB=Man-Yac said:

Damn why not give them some p39 from the start for the kuban players, makes absolutly no sense to me.. And yes 88 should be available from the start we agree on that.

p-39 would be absolutely hilarious in the first map

Maybe a IL-2 '42 with the fancy stuff locked? After all we do have a Stuka with BK3.7...

54 minutes ago, Furt said:

Maybe a IL-2 '42 with the fancy stuff locked? After all we do have a Stuka with BK3.7...

Could work too... I just see it as a bit of a problem if the other side can play all the maps with having only BoS and the other side can't. Then again I wouldn't mind it if there was only BoM planes available on blue for first 2 maps, that would be totally ok for me.

Many thanks to LG and STG2 for the campaign, it is the best campaign at the moment, and I have to say, that whatever I could say, it has been with encouragement to keep the interest in this great campaign.
Thank you again

what Cpt_Siddy said! Thanks TAW admin and everyone that helped making this sim not just a simple game for us to enjoy!

Much love and appreciation. 1+

Edited by =gRiJ=ToReRo

Do we know when the next tactical air war will happen, it was really fun to play and thanks to the TAW team

30 minutes ago, 18Ry_cav said:

Do we know when the next tactical air war will happen, it was really fun to play and thanks to the TAW team

I'm new to TAW, I joined very late in the campaign but had a blast flying. Hope the wait for the next campaign isn't very long!

Edited by Focke-Wulf44
Added a space for legibility

Thanks to LG and Stg2 for running the Server! Was fun to play but just to bad that some of the maps ended so fast. I really enjoy the very first planeset. Here´s hoping the next one lasts a few days :lol:.

I also need to thank you for the server and the fun times, I was just salty that my favorite part (the early maps and early planesets) were spoilt by the bomber farming and the heavy inbalance, I believe the first map barely lasted 24 hours.

Can't wait for the next campaign^^ I heard we'll get the Spit MK IX and so on?

23 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I also need to thank you for the server and the fun times, I was just salty that my favorite part (the early maps and early planesets) were spoilt by the bomber farming and the heavy inbalance, I believe the first map barely lasted 24 hours.

Can't wait for the next campaign^^ I heard we'll get the Spit MK IX and so on?

If we get Typhoon released before that, anything under 5km becomes OFF LIMITS to luftwaffe ^__^

• Like 1

Are any of the Bodenplatte planes actually historical in this context? Specifically asking about the Allied ones. Did the Russians actually get lend-lease Spit MK IXs/Typhoons?

Of course I wanna play with the new toys (and hopefully add more map timeframes for a longer TAW campaign), I'm just curious.

Just now, BubbRubb11 said:

Are any of the Bodenplatte planes actually historical in this context? Specifically asking about the Allied ones. Did the Russians actually get lend-lease Spit MK IXs/Typhoons?

Of course I wanna play with the new toys (and hopefully add more map timeframes for a longer TAW campaign), I'm just curious.

Highly doubt it, Typhoon and p-51D's were top of the line, fresh off the oven planes at the time in their "useful" incarnations. The models that came before them were not that useful to anyone either, like the castrated mustang or the tornado. 

From what I'm reading online (having trouble finding a good source), the Russians received a decent number of Spit MK IX's as well as some P-47s.. excellent

The Spit 9's were mostly used in rear guard actions around Moscow in so far as I understand things. But, as the server ops have said, the plane set isn't strictly historical and can be adjusted if they think it will make for a better experience. I don't see any reason adding late war planes would ruin anything, as long as there is something on the other side that can compete.

17 minutes ago, Disarray said:

The Spit 9's were mostly used in rear guard actions around Moscow in so far as I understand things. But, as the server ops have said, the plane set isn't strictly historical and can be adjusted if they think it will make for a better experience. I don't see any reason adding late war planes would ruin anything, as long as there is something on the other side that can compete.

Well, as far as late war planes on the Axis side that can compete, this is where we see the Allies really take hold of the top slot with best-performing machines.  The Axis tried to compete, and in certain very specific situations did.  But, when it comes to checking off the boxes of all-around performance, the Allies had it.  Trying for full balance would pretty much entail both sides to fly the same plane set (Axis plane vs. Axis planes or Allied vs. Allied).  There would need to be the appropriate team 1 / team 2 skins added.  You'd have to get stupidly close to see the iron crosses or red stars before pulling the trigger.   

Right, so in a if the BoBP planes were added into the last maps the power scale would shift to the Allied side. It would be inverse of most of the maps leading up to that point. The performance gap wouldn't be that wide. If a Yak 1 can be expected to fight a 109 F4 or G2, there is little reason a G14 or A8 couldn't be expected to fight a Spit 9 or Typhoon or whatever else is available. Will it be harder for them? Maybe. Is that a reason not to add them? Not by any means.

Please no Spitfire IX on the Eastern front or in general forcing players to buy a $70 pre-order DLC just for 1 or 2 planes they can fly for a week per campaign.

Spitfire F/HF Mk. IXe vs. 109 G-14 is no problemo, MW50 is that awesome, but if one doesnt happen to have Bodenplatte he/she will be stuck with a G-4 or G-2. As the campaign revolves around CAS and tactical bombing, the Pe-2 and lethal red light AAA(fragile Stuka and 110) are already a great equalizers despite V-VS fighters tending to be worse than Luftwaffe's.

And how is that any different than putting Mig 3's up against F4's? God forbid the Germans get a taste of being over matched.

Edited by Disarray
  • Upvote 1

Congratulations to the Luftwaffe for the victory

We would like to thank all of you who donated the last Tactical Air War:salute:

donate_taw14.PNG

• Upvote 4

23 minutes ago, StG2_Raven said:

Congratulations to the Luftwaffe for the victory

We would like to thank all of you who donated the last Tactical Air War:salute:

donate_taw14.PNG

Oh boy so many donators, thanks guys ! ;) I think we must figure out something special for you 🤔