LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

21 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S!

If having problems connecting try also to empty folder "moscowwb". Located in X:\IL-2 Sturmovik\data\multiplayer\

That actually worked, appreciated man!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 216th_Nocke said:

9700k+rtx2080+32GB of RAM here. Shouldn't that be enough?

Yeah, should be. My own machine is just 2500K, 970, and 16 GB.

16 hours ago, HunDread said:

Is it possible to mark the important status messages (e.g: xy target is under attack; enemy plane in sector; etc..) with a distinguished sound? I'm asking because in a fighter in VR constantly scanning the surroundings for contacts one just very rarely looks forward where these messages appear so it's easy to miss them.

Theoretically possible, but would mean adding mp3 files on the server, which would be pushed to every client, which would increase load times etc.

The server has had awesome population last times i been playing. 

Only problem is the luftbaffles seemingly ragequitting on their way down after being shot. I do not understand it. Why would you do that? 

Today alone i flew with 3 squadmates and i think one of tve dudes we killed didn't leave the server. 

S!

I would drop the name calling right away Ugly_Eric. AI planes do sometimes disappear in flight when shot down. If a player disconnects after being shot down, does not help with their stats. Still a loss. The disco queening is annoying, or rather silly, but one can not make them stop doing it.  The game still gives proper credits to the adversary. 

Please, return dugout on artillery. Now artillery, without dugout, is mostly harmless target.

Edited by Skin
  • Upvote 1

Am I wrong or totally alone with my thoughts on this;

I usually fly with a wingman and when we finally find someone to shoot at, very often there is atleast one "friendly", sometimes even 2-3 joining in an 2vs1 fight where the enemy might be leaking or even trailing smoke already. I have seen so many times someone entering the fight at the end and taking credit for the crippled plane, even as we active participants are right next to it.

Now.

I understand the tracers are like a magnet for all us poor b*****, who have flown 30 minutes without seeing no one but the chance of collision between planes without radio comms is real and like yesterday, my wingman collided with someone entering the fight where was no need for it. I'm sure there are lot's of pilots like us, who avoid fights where you can see enemy is smoking or there is already 2 friendlies on him, no matter how much our trigger finger is itching.

So for all of us who share the same mentality; let's keep on circling above the fight, intervene if the active fighter looses upper hand and watch if the tracers lures more enemies to area. In case the situation changes in to furball, go in all guns blazing trying to avoid enemy and friendly VR-users shooting you. The difference? VR-users say sorry in chat after blasting at you 😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S!

I would drop the name calling right away Ugly_Eric. AI planes do sometimes disappear in flight when shot down. If a player disconnects after being shot down, does not help with their stats. Still a loss. The disco queening is annoying, or rather silly, but one can not make them stop doing it.  The game still gives proper credits to the adversary. 

Well, is quite easy you know. You shoot a 109 for example. Plane disappears, chat announces someone left and later you check the logs and voila, same name appears. 

I dont complain thou! Helps my team to win! 

I just find it intriguing, how serious someone takes a internet game. 

Today i dived in a 109's six and before i got a shot off, he ejected. Good sport that chap! 

11 hours ago, -FISTN-Ugly_Eric said:

I just find it intriguing, how serious someone takes a internet game. 

I always think that the ground crew supplied my bird with disconnect-ammo when that happens :)

• Haha 3

I do have a question. Yesterday i was killed by anti tank guns (or tanks) over 1800m distance with the first shot. Why does AI shoots sometime over this distance but most often it opens fire at close range? Why does AI guns hit that perfectly, is it optional or a tank crew bug?

5 minutes ago, JG27_Steini said:

Why does AI shoots sometime over this distance but most often it opens fire at close range?

Maybe sometimes they get line of sight to you from longer distance? In the missions, they've been left without an AttackArea command, so they engage based on the AI decisions they have, and I have no idea about those. Perhaps we should add that attackarea command, to limit the engaging distance to some reasonable level.

6 minutes ago, JG27_Steini said:

Why does AI guns hit that perfectly, is it optional or a tank crew bug?

AI guns use the "Low" skill setting, can't go any lower than that.

I saw him without engine ditch at sea near artillery sector.

And anyway I did the track.

S!

S!

There was reports regarding bridges showing up in the planner, but not in game. There is a flaw, or let's say the process is not perfect in determining to which bridge the bridge elements belong to when there are more than one bridge in close proximity. I remedied this by clearing any bridges from the mission to which no elements are found. Now there shouldn't be ghost bridges in the planner.

BUT: This can cause some bridge to hog the elements of a nearby bridge.

SO: If a bridge isn't destroyed when you bomb it (no destruction message / map icon change), and there is a bridge within 1km of it, destroy that bridge as well. This should cause the one bridge which has the elements of two bridges to be destroyed.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2020 at 12:11 PM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Maybe sometimes they get line of sight to you from longer distance? In the missions, they've been left without an AttackArea command, so they engage based on the AI decisions they have, and I have no idea about those. Perhaps we should add that attackarea command, to limit the engaging distance to some reasonable level.

AI guns use the "Low" skill setting, can't go any lower than that.

:) Flak got me with perfect hit at +6k over factorydepot...not really my day there :) :)

• Haha 1

Anti air is horrible for tanks Pz3. It opens fire from 1,7km distance. You are instantly killed. Is it possible to change? You can not attack those tank or artillery camps with Pz3.

2020_2_13__14_29_30.thumb.jpg.4ecb255ff1b37edf760c124e22f19c5a.jpg

Edited by JG27_Steini

10 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

S!

There was reports regarding bridges showing up in the planner, but not in game. There is a flaw, or let's say the process is not perfect in determining to which bridge the bridge elements belong to when there are more than one bridge in close proximity. I remedied this by clearing any bridges from the mission to which no elements are found. Now there shouldn't be ghost bridges in the planner.

BUT: This can cause some bridge to hog the elements of a nearby bridge.

SO: If a bridge isn't destroyed when you bomb it (no destruction message / map icon change), and there is a bridge within 1km of it, destroy that bridge as well. This should cause the one bridge which has the elements of two bridges to be destroyed.

You may want to rename these targets to Bridges or Bridge Area etc.. This might give a clue during the missions for those who do not read the forums.

2 hours ago, HunDread said:

You may want to rename these targets to Bridges or Bridge Area etc.. This might give a clue during the missions for those who do not read the forums.

The thing is, the code doesn't know the difference... I will have to refactor the bridge routines when time allows...

Eskadra pod nazwą [ER] oszukuje.
Gracz [ER] Nordseefischer wszedł do mojego strzelca i powiedział drugiemu, gdzie mnie znaleźć.
Dziwne jest to, że tacy gracze pojawili się nagle tylko w tej misji. [ER] Dixxen po niebieskiej stronie, a druga, [ER] Nordseefischer (siedzi na mojej strzelance w Pe-2) nawet nie pojawia się w statystykach.
Takie prace nie są niedopuszczalne i psują grę.
Proszę administratorów, aby zareagowali i nie pozwolili na to więcej.
Salut.

PS. Jeśli potrzebujesz dziennika misji, oczywiście mam go.

PS2. przepraszam za mój angielski, niestety go nie używam: D

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/mission/8385/

Edited by 318_Bonzo_PL

5 hours ago, 318_Bonzo_PL said:

Eskadra pod nazwą [ER] oszukuje.
Gracz [ER] Nordseefischer wszedł do mojego strzelca i powiedział drugiemu, gdzie mnie znaleźć.
Dziwne jest to, że tacy gracze pojawili się nagle tylko w tej misji. [ER] Dixxen po niebieskiej stronie, a druga, [ER] Nordseefischer (siedzi na mojej strzelance w Pe-2) nawet nie pojawia się w statystykach.
Takie prace nie są niedopuszczalne i psują grę.
Proszę administratorów, aby zareagowali i nie pozwolili na to więcej.
Salut.

PS. Jeśli potrzebujesz dziennika misji, oczywiście mam go.

PS2. przepraszam za mój angielski, niestety go nie używam: D

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/mission/8385/

Eiku sitähän mää vaan, että voip kait se niinnii olla, vaan eppäilempähän vuan, jotta oiskona tuo sittenkään? 

S! 

Noted same. Was on a bombing mission and some one took over a gunner position. Luckily was already landing. Must lock that option in the future. @318_Bonzo_PLSend logs/tracks to server admins, address at stats page. 

• Like 1

S!

@318_Bonzo_PL Server cannot lock gunner positions, players must open/lock them by themselves. I thought that the gunners were locked by default, and had to be opened by the pilot? ... And btw. Google translate seems to handle Polish quite well :)  ... At least Polish -> English.

If the gunner positions are open by default, then the devs have dropped the ball, and should fix it by switching it to locked by default. In the meantime, I would advise all bomber pilots to lock them.

@-FISTN-Ugly_Eric Ookkönää suomipoikia? Tulukeehan virtuaalilentäjien tessuun joku ilta.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

The thing is, the code doesn't know the difference... I will have to refactor the bridge routines when time allows...

I meant a generic name that can be used for all bridge targets no matter if it's just one bridge or more. I just didnt have a better term. Maybe Bridge(s). Might be too wierd?

@LLv34_Untamo & @LLv34_Flanker Thanks gentlemen for the advice. I didn't know you could block the shooter. This will solve the problem, because I have had many such cases, but only now I decided to write about it.
Thanks again

• Like 1

Guys, I have the gunners always locked by default.

I think if you lock the gunners once then they are always locked.

S!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ITAF_Cymao said:

Then I will have to refine my suggestion:

It should default to locked even if you opened it for one flight. For the next flight it should be locked again. It's a rare occasion that you allow some friend to occupy your gunners. Currently if you open it, and then forget it, it stays open forever...

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Yes, it "sticks" currently but would be nice to default it to closed. 

23 hours ago, ITAF_Cymao said:

S!

Affirmative. Once the shooters close, this setting remains until it is unlocked again.
Last time I played ten years ago in il-2 1946. I discover this game again after this break :)

Edited by 318_Bonzo_PL

On 2/14/2020 at 9:33 PM, LLv34_Untamo said:

Then I will have to refine my suggestion:

It should default to locked even if you opened it for one flight. For the next flight it should be locked again. It's a rare occasion that you allow some friend to occupy your gunners. Currently if you open it, and then forget it, it stays open forever...

It is not. 

It stays as you leave it. 

i must be blind or something but does this server only have Kuban map on or does it change?

COMPLAINT:

This afternoon (17/02) on the mission starting about 17h00 (??)  It was just impossible to spaw on Red Tank camp.

At the begining, I was suspecting a blue player (human) to camp on red tanks side and killing all players arriving.......but after looking carefuly, it was clearly AI guns and Tanks on blue camp that fires to everything spawning or present on red camp.............😡

Result: it is really unpleasant to be killed 5 times, just wanting to play on red side !!!!

To who make missions, please do not place both camps too close. I do not know for blue side nut it is simply unplayable.

Thanks

12 hours ago, CCG_Pips said:

To who make missions, please do not place both camps too close. I do not know for blue side nut it is simply unplayable.

Ok, it seems we need to adjust the distance between the frontline groups, so that the system doesn't generate missions like this.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

There is also Stalingrad map.

Btw. We need to make stations for Stalingrad ;)

We are currently testing the effect of lost planes on the frontline move. Meaning that if you lose a plane, its value is deducted from the sector's health, much like the enemy would have destroyed ground objects. Here are the values for each plane in each planeset:

RPSObsoletingAxis.thumb.png.196c8beefd4a5bd475a997955865624e.pngRPSObsoletingAllies.thumb.png.259f48ec4d9c00b57d16afe04207dd48.png

Comments?

• Like 3

5 часов назад, LLv34_Temuri сказал:

Comments?

Right decision!  How much tanks ?  How much Po-2?

Just now, Skin said:

Right decision!  How much tanks ?  How much Po-2?

Tanks follow the same values as the AI tanks. Po-2 and Ju-52 are 20 points.

• Thanks 1

8 часов назад, LLv34_Temuri сказал:

Comments?

Is there a difference between emergency landing  and total lose of  a plane?