LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

There's no closer airfields for red side now.

Why so? Why not a level playing field for both sides? Or us interestingly fly until goal 5 squares, knowing that blue fly 1?What did the Reds do? :o:

Just now, Yarun_RUS said:

Why so?

Frontline moves according to player actions. Now the frontline is where it is. Conflict sector is picked randomly according to where frontline is. -> Sometimes closest airfields are further.

S!

An airfield should not run out of ammo, fuel or ordnance. This would just give some players a way to game the game or outright abuse game mechanics. Yes, I am a pessimist and believe that if a person is given the chance they will use a loophole or similar to gain an advantage. On top of that might be the person´s nationalistic agenda that things have to go as they did in the 1940´s, even we are playing a game. A system must be based on skill and making the game playable, not in introducing mechanics that can, and will be, abused to heck and back. Regardless of side.

Now to what I would suggest. Team hits opponent´s supplies successfully in a few missions. Opponent does not fly supply runs. This would cause loss of ammo/fuel/ordnance by a pre-determined amount per round/damage done. To show this effect, fields could reduce number of planes/plane types instead. We start with 70, for example, but if losing supplies this number would drop depending on how much supplies have been lost and if supply runs are done or not. Same to tanks: lose supplies, get fewer tanks and/or special ammo as tank bases are tied to supplies too.

We are not doing strategic bombing here nor have limited production of materials etc. This is more of tactical warfare where you can locally have some effect on the opponent´s capabilities, but never totally shut it off. A certain minimum should be set to avoid server getting unpopulated because the other team has no planes/supply. Limited planes and supplies already make it harder to fight back or turn the tide. Also the system should encourage teamwork, not a single player having no life sitting on server rolling the map day after day. This can be a challenge as just increasing AAA and it´s skill level would make it nearly impossible to achieve anything. AI in it´s current state does make this extremely hard and until devs fix it the dilemma remains, how to balance it out. Give a challenge without it being a chore or outright suicidal. Risk vs reward.

Thoughts?

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yarun_RUS said:

Why so? Why not a level playing field for both sides? Or us interestingly fly until goal 5 squares, knowing that blue fly 1?What did the Reds do? :o:

1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Frontline moves according to player actions. Now the frontline is where it is. Conflict sector is picked randomly according to where frontline is. -> Sometimes closest airfields are further.

This. Frontline moves, but we cannot move airfields :)

Flanker you have a point. People will take advantage of loop holes and also the game itself must be enjoyable for players coming into the server. 

One thing that bothered me a little was that when later planesets kicked in, I was unable to fly fighters since I do not have bodenplate (not too much of a bother though since I love flying 110 and bombers), I thought maybe you had something specific in mind when you do this but it does not hurt to ask: would it be ok to allow 109G2/4 and Fw190A5 in later planesets ? 

This combined with what Flanker said could lead to another possible solution: always drain the highest tier fighter from the pool, but allow pilots to jump in lower tier fighters (have limited numbers for higher tier and big numbers for lower tiers).

BTW: I was working on FMB to test the R/R/R log thing, one thing I found is that I could only rearm bombs and refuel, was not able to rearm guns (tried several times). Now I am trying to figure out the log thing lol

1 minute ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

One thing that bothered me a little was that when later planesets kicked in, I was unable to fly fighters since I do not have bodenplate (not too much of a bother though since I love flying 110 and bombers), I thought maybe you had something specific in mind when you do this but it does not hurt to ask: would it be ok to allow 109G2/4 and Fw190A5 in later planesets ?

i add to this a suggestion from discord, submitted by @III./SG77-F_Fuss:

“- Great news for train stations!
- I understand for tanks problem and AI bombers
- For the planesets (7-8-9) I'm thinking of pilots who don't have BOP yet or of those in love of a certain plane.

German planes suggestions: bf109 G2, bf109 G4 and Fw190 A5
Red planes suggestions: Yak-7B, Yak-1 and P-39„

16 minutes ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

This. Frontline moves, but we cannot move airfields

Now I get it, thanks for the explanation.

16 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

would it be ok to allow 109G2/4 and Fw190A5 in later planesets

I can add these.

13 hours ago, Yarun_RUS said:

Guys, gonna be able to turn off the siren on the airfields anytime soon?

Yeah, I noticed yesterday evening where the bug was. Should be fixed now.

• Thanks 1

Added the "older" planes to the later planesets.

The tankspawn was not getting deactivated when the frontline was destroyed, so I changed the logic so that it should make spawning in a tank impossible after the frontline has been destroyed.

18 hours ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

To show this effect, fields could reduce number of planes/plane types instead. We start with 70, for example, but if losing supplies this number would drop depending on how much supplies have been lost and if supply runs are done or not. Same to tanks: lose supplies, get fewer tanks and/or special ammo as tank bases are tied to supplies too.

In the simplest form, we could just have the resupply time (which depends on distance from map edge) be multiplied by a factor that is calculated from the destruction% of the depots, bridged, and (upcoming) train stations along supply line. Basically how it used to be earlier.

Thank you for older tier planes !

Is it possible to also add the default tanks: T34/76 STZ (1942) and PzIIIL ? Not many have the tank module, only those 2 default tanks.

1 minute ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Is it possible to also add the default tanks: T34/76 STZ (1942) and PzIIIL ? Not many have the tank module, only those 2 default tanks.

Is the default T-34 damage model still horribly broken? If yes, then we're not adding them.

24 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

What about the PzIII

We won't be adding a free tank to one side, if other side can't have a free one too.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Upvote 1

Got it - hope they fix the T34 soon, it would be a nice feature of the server to allow all players to jump into tanks.

I kept testing the RRR, now it reloads my guns also, but I am trying to figure out the logs:

T:0 AType:15 VER:17
T:58050 AType:6 PID:434176 POS(181858.2969, 30.3367, 245971.7813)

T:0 AType:15 VER:17

Is any of that good news for you ?

I kept testing, did not find anything that might indicate an R/R/R.

I took a He111, drove it to the R/R/R area, starting dropping all bombs, then rearm - I did it 4 times, then closed the server, exited the game and checked logs. The only message between spawning and finished flight I got was this message only: "T:0 AType:15 VER:17" 

Message for frontline when 1 ship remaining vs. 0 ships remaining is the same: 80km

In next mission however the advance was not 80km, so i assume its only a message generation issue ?

P_20191201_235318.jpg

On 11/30/2019 at 4:06 PM, D13th_Mytzu said:

Any simple way to prevent airfields of being so close one to the other ?

Hmm.. interesting. There is already rules against things like this in the code... Have to check.

7 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Message for frontline when 1 ship remaining vs. 0 ships remaining is the same: 80km

In next mission however the advance was not 80km, so i assume its only a message generation issue ?

There's many factors in this. Direction of the attack (the line between the two combatant front positions) against the current frontline and the shape of the frontline. The advance is drawn as a triangle, with the base at the attackers front position. The height of the triangle should be the same as advance in kilometers... Here's the advance you are talking about:
3i4wrw.gif

7 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

..so i assume its only a message generation issue ?

There was a bug, thanks for the tip. I forgot to take the attacker max health into account when making the status chat message. Now fixed.

On 11/30/2019 at 4:06 PM, D13th_Mytzu said:

Any simple way to prevent airfields of being so close one to the other ?

Fixed. The logic that selected the airfields, only dodged friendly airfields (with minimum of 10km in between). Now taking into account also the enemy airfields :)

• Thanks 1

i don't know if was asked or not, but i will ask as well. are you planing to implement rearm and repair system on your server? and what is you think about it?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Papa_Bear said:

i don't know if was asked or not, but i will ask as well. are you planing to implement rearm and repair system on your server? and what is you think about it?

If it's bug free and won't cause any significant increase in server load, then why not, even though we are not really fans of the rearm and repair thing.

• Like 1

Quick thought: is it possible to activate many more airfields for each side, but they are only service airfield to land at, not operational (you cannot take planes from them) ?

Many times we needed to land at the closest airfield in our lines but it was not active and we would get ditched status.

PS:  R/R/R is a nice feature which can be used in a positive way, however while I kept testing it I found it was bugged.

Edited by D13th_Mytzu
  • Upvote 1

Hi, guys!
There is one problem: the P-38 carries almost 2 tons of bomb load and the PE2 only a ton. At the same time PE2 at the distant airfield and P-38 at the neighbor. Suggestion: either do not separate the bombers from the attack aircraft and fighters, let them all be together, or transfer to the distant airfield P-38. What is your opinion?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Yarun_RUS said:

Hi, guys!
There is one problem: the P-38 carries almost 2 tons of bomb load and the PE2 only a ton. At the same time PE2 at the distant airfield and P-38 at the neighbor. Suggestion: either do not separate the bombers from the attack aircraft and fighters, let them all be together, or transfer to the distant airfield P-38. What is your opinion?

We can have the P-38 with big bomb loads available in the rear fields only, and have the lighter bomb load P-38s from the front fields.

• Upvote 1

Is the bug still present with the big bombs? IIRC there was a problem with damage not recorded by them? Kind of useless dropping more than 500kg(?) if so...?

I do get credited for big bombs damage, not sure if 100% but I do get some credit (after one Ju88 sortie on arty I went there in bf110 because it said there was still a lot of target to destroy, but when I got there it was pretty much wrecked)

Yes, they do damage but there was something wrong with them also, Temuri told me. Our problem was, few weeks ago we were pouring 2000lbs on top of Rear Depot but it refused to die on the map, even when everything was destroyed 110%.

I did tweak a thing or two in the target sub-block list a couple of days ago. It may have had a positive effect on the destroyed% thing, but can't be sure.

To be honest I would like to have each planeset for more missions, anyone else feeling the same ? I am not talking about one particular planeset, but all of them, they are changing to fast.

L.E.: It would also be nice to add as targets trains and moving car/supply columns on the roads, maybe link them to rear and front depos.

Edited by D13th_Mytzu

24 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

To be honest I would like to have each planeset for more missions, anyone else feeling the same ? I am not talking about one particular planeset, but all of them, they are changing to fast.

L.E.: It would also be nice to add as targets trains and moving car/supply columns on the roads, maybe link them to rear and front depos.

I made the planesets to rotate after two days.

Train stations are in the pipeline. 11 station&industrial area targets are already made. I think coding side shouldn't be a big task, once the target groups are done.

I'd like to have moving things too, but maybe later. For example, I'd like the dserver performance to improve before that.

Thank you for planeset, hope other players will not hold it against me :d

Had any thoughts about emergency airfields used only for landing (at least frontline area) ? 

Another type of target that could be added is airfield attack, but since operational airfields are to be kept open and have invulnerable AA's, maybe set up different airfields (the emergency airfields i was suggesting ?) as targets, purpose would be to reduce frontline top tier aircraft numbers, forcing that team to takeoff from airfields in the rear.

Edited by D13th_Mytzu

33 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Thank you for planeset, hope other players will not hold it against me :d

Had any thoughts about emergency airfields used only for landing (at least frontline area) ? 

Another type of target that could be added is airfield attack, but since operational airfields are to be kept open and have invulnerable AA's, maybe set up different airfields (the emergency airfields i was suggesting ?) as targets, purpose would be to reduce frontline top tier aircraft numbers, forcing that team to takeoff from airfields in the rear.

Adding more targets would bring the need to exchange some of the current targets with the added ones, because of dserver load. However, variety is good, and we might already need to do this with the stations (possibly exchanging a depot with a station).

Hello, friends!

At the moment,  ROFS132 do not work. They're flying off to their destination, but they're not killing her! There's no sign of an explosion on the ground 

Please check it out!

Had some more thinking on emergency airfields and airfields as targets. 

Emergency airfields: airfields located close to hotspots (front line and objectives such as rear depo, front depo, arty). They do not have a fixed number, they are mission based, could range from 8 (if many airfields are close to the frontline, and each objective is far away from active airfield, but non active airfields are closer) to 0 (if there are not enough airfields left on the map, or if no airfields close to front line and all active airfields are close to targets such as rear depo, front depo, arty).

- they are protected by AA, which can be destroyed

- players cannot spawn on those airfields

- players can land at those airfields without getting ditched status

- in future R/R/R function could exist at those bases

Airfield Targets: if a front line active airfield, which are now the active airfields,  is being attacked and a certain amount of damage is inflicted it, the airfield will become non operational. If all front line active airfields are destroyed, pilots will only have the option to take off from Rear active Airfields. 

- front line active airfields will be populated with trucks, fuel dumps, ammo dumps, parked planes (those available to that particular airfield), which are the valid targets

- if a human airplane from a particular airfield gets destroyed, it will count as damage to that particular airfield

- airfield AA must be increased, remain on max skill setting and set to respawn in 5 minutes after its destruction, this will only give chance to attack players to focus on their actual targets and not camp/vulch players taking off from there

- once an airfield gets damaged, it could be resupplied by Ju52, either by landing or by dropping cargo with parachutes

finnish-war_example_airfields.thumb.jpg.64b28efef3e512f5c21266a15e4978a8.jpg

Edited by D13th_Mytzu