LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

1 hour ago, Yarun_RUS said:

At the moment,  ROFS132 do not work. They're flying off to their destination, but they're not killing her! There's no sign of an explosion on the ground

We can't help with issues such as this.

Here's where you can report: 

1 hour ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Emergency airfields

More variety to targets, good idea.

Airfield Targets

I'm not a fan of this idea. The way I see it, these airfields will be the first targets in the mission, which will lead to more vulching, and people tend not to like being vulched. In addition, after the field is closed people will not like being forced to take off from rear field.

• Upvote 1

Temuri you have a point, so lets find a solution where we have as target attack on airfield but not annoy players. Sometimes we go on different servers just to do an airfield suppression, it was a valid target during the war (it still is) and also lots of adrenaline rushing in flight sims doing that. 

Just set up as separate objective, airfields that can be attacked (and players could choose to takeoff from there to defend them) and that also have an impact on the dynamic of the war. 

Maybe a kind of a Rear Airfield Supply Depo ? Like a big airfield from where supplies go to front line airfields, so lots of parked airplanes, storage/warehouses, ammo, fuel, many many trucks to transport all of that, and of course, why not, trains if a railroad is nearby. Now we have to figure out what would accomplish the destruction of such target ? Reduce number of available high end tier airplanes ? Limit the big bombs, rockets, mk108, etc. ? Simply use it for advance front (although this would seem weird) ?

• Upvote 1

Currently, the AI planes do not take off from anywhere. We could have the AI planes take off from the target airfields. Suppress the airfield -> no AI planes taking off.

Nice, that would be one way to go - however considering how dumb the a.i. is (when a.i. engages me over target and I am in my Bf110, I don't event release the bombs, I fight it as I am, kill it then continue to attack my target), it may not prove to be such an attractive target, I think some extra rewards should be added.

Is there a way to add to statistics page the stats regarding each type of airplane flown ? How many sorties/hours/ak/gk/death/etc. per aircraft type.

Also on website, at squadron management instead of having a link that must be sent to each pilot in the squad to click on, can we just have a list from where the squadron leader simply adds his pilots into the squad ?

In old Bellum War (or was it VEF2 ?) they implemented a very cool feature that we used a lot, since a pilot's virtual life (streak) was even more important than his air/ground kills, a rescue system was created for pilots downed over enemy territory, it worked like this: during the mission if a friendly airplane landed within a 10km radius (you needed to land on roads to be able to takeoff again) and waited a certain amount of time then rtb and landed safely at your airfield, the downed pilot was automatically considered as rescued instead of captured. The waiting time was depended on how far from the place where pilot bailed, the airplane landed. Any way you could implement something similar ? 

Also on a side note - yesterday I could not use chat in game  (only worked for <s and <tl commands, without showing to me what I wrote, just the results), I think everyone else had this problem since I saw no one writing anything in the chat the whole day. Not sure if it is a game related thing or server side.

17 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

it may not prove to be such an attractive target, I think some extra rewards should be added.

I'm not thinking it as an attractive target, but it's more realistic that the AI has to take off from somewhere.

18 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Is there a way to add to statistics page the stats regarding each type of airplane flown ? How many sorties/hours/ak/gk/death/etc. per aircraft type.

19 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Also on website, at squadron management instead of having a link that must be sent to each pilot in the squad to click on, can we just have a list from where the squadron leader simply adds his pilots into the squad ?

Talk to Vaal :)

20 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Any way you could implement something similar

Implementable, I've known about this, and actually was thinking about this recently. Requires at least that the pilot to be rescued won't takeoff until he's returned home safely.

21 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Not sure if it is a game related thing or server side.

We can't control this kind of thing. Game issue.

Think the emergency airfield thingy would be ok like you said it, it can be fine tuned later.

Who is Vaal ? 😄

Fair enough on not taking off until rescued.

3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Currently, the AI planes do not take off from anywhere. We could have the AI planes take off from the target airfields. Suppress the airfield -> no AI planes taking off.

This is exactly what my squad was thinking during our last visit to VP!  It would be a great alternative to spawning AI behind players back, as it usually happens at least for me. And how fun it is to dive after a plane, who is speeding on the runway....and face all the flak protecting it!

• Upvote 1

I like that ! 😄 Maybe actually spawn 2 or 3 a.i. taking off when airfield under attack, that would really kick in !

Wanted to ask but I forgot - currently there are only 2 frontline active airfields and no rear airfield for bombers, which is a bummer as usually we get very visible for those fighting near the frontline or attacking targets near airfield, also we need 70-80 km of climb before entering bomb run. Can you please activate 1 or 2 rear airfields for heavy bombers ?

6 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Wanted to ask but I forgot - currently there are only 2 frontline active airfields and no rear airfield for bombers, which is a bummer as usually we get very visible for those fighting near the frontline or attacking targets near airfield, also we need 70-80 km of climb before entering bomb run. Can you please activate 1 or 2 rear airfields for heavy bombers ?

Close bases and alternate vis is big disadvantage for bombers, i could see you yesterday taking of from your base when i was more then 50km from you over my targets.

And i think you only noticed me when i did pass on you while you were climbing west 10km from base.

9 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

Close bases and alternate vis is big disadvantage for bombers, i could see you yesterday taking of from your base when i was more then 50km from you over my targets.

And i think you only noticed me when i did pass on you while you were climbing west 10km from base.

We are running with Alternate Visibility Off, btw ;)

• Thanks 1

Countzero alt vis is off. My gunners let me know you were near by, i only saw you after you broke left, btw why did you break your attack ?

I don't remember exactely but i think airfields were closer to targets, maybe 20+ km.

Edited by D13th_Mytzu

Nope. It's a huge Pac-Man swallowing red AF's at the coastline. Hmm. I have to try that in few hours...

What was the t34 bug that prevented you to allow default pziiiL and t34 as tanksets ?

I noticed that when 1 team completly destroys front targets, map ends, slthis should be explained in info, along with what kind of frontline advance we're dealing with - example from last night: one team had damaged all its targets and had a predicted advantage, the second team although at a disadvantage, focused only ob front targets and once they destroyed it entirely, map changed and it got 17km advance. Knowing how tjis work might help players proritise targets (maybe also ingame chat warning ?).

On 12/5/2019 at 7:36 PM, D13th_Mytzu said:

Countzero alt vis is off. My gunners let me know you were near by, i only saw you after you broke left, btw why did you break your attack ?

I don't remember exactely but i think airfields were closer to targets, maybe 20+ km.

I did one pass didnt do mutch damaged i saw you turn back to your base, and i broke attack and rtb, no point geting in fight with spawn base aaa.

I noticed you on that secound far airbase when you spawnd, i was then over my targets. So i tought they use alt vis as to me that was realy far.

21 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

What was the t34 bug that prevented you to allow default pziiiL and t34 as tanksets ?

Second hand info, but:

When the T-34's engine is damaged, the tank becomes invulnerable, and is still able to run in reverse.

This is a very old "feature", so if it has been fixed, let us know.

Last night one of the targets were ships and even though the opposite team had a last airfield on the shore, it was not active, the closest being some 80km or so (did not measure ), this made them not even try to attack our ships, so we had a huge map advance on the southern sector. Why wasn't there airfield active, by the look of it, it was positioned rather well for that sector ?

Edited: their airfields were at Maykop, some 130km away

no ship airfield.jpg

Edited by D13th_Mytzu

23 minutes ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

Why wasn't there airfield active, by the look of it, it was positioned rather well for that sector ?

The airfield in question was too close to the conflict. The border that is drawn in the mission isn't 100% accurate.

Understood.

Can you please tell us how 100% destruction of front target/panzers work ? Do both sectors need to have 100% destruction or only 1 will stop mission ? What is the advance bonus for destroying it 100% ? If for example team A destroys 100% of rear depo, bridges, front depo and arty and 50% of front/ panzers, and team B only destroys 100% of front/panzers, what will happen ?

Any chance we also play Stalingrad sometime in the near future ? 

Edited: tonight we will test t34 bug

Edited by D13th_Mytzu

On 12/9/2019 at 9:10 AM, LLv34_Untamo said:

Second hand info, but:

When the T-34's engine is damaged, the tank becomes invulnerable, and is still able to run in reverse.

This is a very old "feature", so if it has been fixed, let us know.

Apparently this has been fixed. Need to verify, and if it indeed is fixed, update the tank set.

Can you please tell us how 100% destruction of front target/panzers work ? Do both sectors need to have 100% destruction or only 1 will stop mission ? What is the advance bonus for destroying it 100% ? If for example team A destroys 100% of rear depo, bridges, front depo and arty and 50% of front/ panzers, and team B only destroys 100% of front/panzers, what will happen ?

The system compares the "health" ratios of both sides in the sector to determine which side advances and how much on mission rotation. This health is calculated by getting the target object values in the sector (see http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/info/ for the values).

If the front and artillery of one side's both sectors are at 20% or lower (IIRC, @LLv34_Untamo correct if I'm wrong) a new mission is generated. There's no "bonus for destroying 100%" as such, other than the enemy sector's health being lower. In your team A and B example, team A will have destroyed more "health", so team A will advance.

Any chance we also play Stalingrad sometime in the near future

Well, we are bringing the stations to the Kuban map in the near future as LLv34_Flanker has finished making them. To have Stalingrad running, we need to do the stations for the Stalingrad map too.

Thank you for clarifying, I was under the impression that once front target is completely destroyed, the team who destroyed it won and a new mission was generated. 

Can you please put in the info page: "If the front and artillery of one side's both sectors are at 20% or lower a new mission is generated. " ? It would be very helpful for everyone to understand how it works. Would it be ok from your point of view to give a 15 minutes delay and warning before stopping the mission, thus allowing the attacker/bombers in the air to complete their mission ? It is a bit frustrating to be en route with your team mates and suddenly the mission stops.

So next campaign we also get stations ? 😄 What about airfields, did you think more about them ? I did more thinking about all this and was going into the direction where Rear Depo can be either what it is now, or a big train station depo, a rear airfield filled with frontline materials or even a harbor filled with cargo ships and supplies on the shore.

Flanker let me know if you need help with your work.

• Upvote 1

While you are looking at adding old T-34 maybe add Su-122 for later planeset? 

18 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

"If the front and artillery of one side's both sectors are at 20% or lower a new mission is generated. " ? It would be very helpful for everyone to understand how it works. Would it be ok from your point of view to give a 15 minutes delay and warning before stopping the mission, thus allowing the attacker/bombers in the air to complete their mission ? It is a bit frustrating to be en route with your team mates and suddenly the mission stops.

Added the information to the stats info page.

That 15 minutes delay would come into question only when the mission is about rotate due to the six hour duration running out, as we can't predict when the front&artillery of one side is destroyed enough to rotate the mission. In addition, once the mission rotation is triggered and the message about mission rotation is given, destroying the targets doesn't count anymore, as the system is generating the new mission.

18 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

So next campaign we also get stations ? 😄 What about airfields, did you think more about them ?

Yes I did think about them, and I know now what to do. We'll start doing airfield stuff in the near future, but first the station stuff needs to be done.

11 hours ago, [CPT]Pike*HarryM said:

While you are looking at adding old T-34 maybe add Su-122 for later planeset?

10 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:

We tested T34, we found no bug. Shot engine multiple times and then destroyed it.

Ok, so I'll be adding the free tanks and the Su-122. I also need to remember to do the P-38 bomb load thing.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

S!

The logic behind rotating the mission when enough stuff is destroyed is:
If, for one side, on all sectors combined, more than 75% of all front line units(front + arty / front ships + convoy, so NOT calculating depots or bridges) -> rotate.

So, you could have, say for russians, 100% of front+arty destroyed on sector #1, but if sector #2 is intact, combined percentage is ~50% -> no rotation. When sector #2 front+arty get destroyed >50% (sectors #1+2 now >75% destroyed) -> rotation.

S! 

@D13th_Mytzu I did some work on the map and now it is up to our benevolent overlords to inject it ;)

D13th Logbook - Day 63:

The more I think about it the more I realize our Commander has gone insane...this morning he asked us to "volunteer" for a suicidal low level mission over a very hot target area, with our beloved Ju88's. We even considered knocking him over his head and strap him to one of the bombs right before we take off.

But orders are orders and on the other hand, those of us who return are to drink as much as they can from the Major's cognac stash.

So, our Ju's readied by the tireless ground crew, one last look over the map at Zhurasvkaya area where our ground troops are heavily engaged by soviet tanks and artillery, and clear prop !

Myself, Zaelu and Korn took off from Dneprovskaya into the morning sun and headed east to strike our artillery targets, flying several hundred meters above the trees, just enough to see our targets from the distance. Flying eastwards at that altitude in those morning hours was not exactly a treat for our eyes as I had to constantly block the sun to be able to see ahead while Zaelu and Korn had trouble seeing my plane properly, so we kind of flew in a loose formation all the way to the target.
0003.thumb.jpg.6e392efad592eeadf0503128ee08d780.jpg                 0006.thumb.jpg.49ba5452b386ae36f50ba9977ce4ded2.jpg

I finally spot the artillery positions some 7 km ahead and descent to tree level as to avoid the antiaircraft fire until the very last moment. Suddenly I hear my gunners talking in excitement as they see Korn's Junkers brushing its belly against the tree top cover, but that only lasts for about 2 seconds as we unexpectedly cross the last tree line and find ourselves above the enemy artillery ! The gunners starts raining down fire on the enemy AA positions and Karl shouts loudly as he hits a maxim AA emplacement. Almost simultaneously I drop both of my bombs on the targets below, while Zaelu radioed me he will break left and come again on targets. After I dropped the load I turned sharply port side while trying to avoid as many antiaircraft fire as one could in such a hellish situation. Our Ju is suddenly shaken by the blast of the 2800 kilograms of bombs we have just dropped on their heads and for a split second I couldn't pause to think of the nightmare those poor buggers are in down there, but that's an infantryman's life and things are to become worse as Zaelu and Korn are preparing further ruin their day !
0009.thumb.jpg.c940878c6b7b225f318360a12cc7716e.jpg            0010.thumb.jpg.b86c661a7839693f2b92f37d94df68d8.jpg 

0013.thumb.jpg.73e5f252c9d00c0a01d8ed0b65e76c9a.jpg            0016.thumb.jpg.a27ca598708ac10b40df5942b001dc8f.jpg

No sooner have Korn's plane was doing a right hand turn to allign himself with the artillery positions , however in doing so he overflew the soviet tank positions who immediately opened fire on him hitting his starboard engine which started streaming black smoke and fuel. Just as he was dropping his bomb, he overflew a 20mm AA who shot dead on his airplane, luckily not hitting anything vital or not damaged already...

0020.thumb.jpg.92450a7effb0d87a760969fec0c8ecfc.jpg            0026.thumb.jpg.b2a7948504dc4fff164e62d05ae0e1f9.jpg

0027.thumb.jpg.492841a9030a14f1b1d05fa9fdf456c8.jpg            0022.thumb.jpg.90163604b5842a5983bbbc63de3ac03b.jpg

As the AA and everything around it blew up in a huge ball of fire, black smoke and all kind of debris, Korn's damaged airplane started to make a left turn and I was watching in pure amazement the whole scene which looked like a painting from hell: smoke and fire everywhere on the ground, a stricken Ju88 trailing fuel and smoke turning to his left, while another Ju88 above them was chased by streams of tracers as he dove for his second attack... Great group of lads ! Wouldn't want to march into hell accompanied by anyone else.

0030.thumb.jpg.7042535695a10ba0728b7df179e7c118.jpg            0031.thumb.jpg.520e9c9a8cd29aa71474eb37215fc251.jpg

0033.thumb.jpg.495441ec25e4ed0f77fc80b85b23e1fc.jpg            0038.thumb.jpg.a956276ff6c20199981be041a61a7bec.jpg

0042.thumb.jpg.4d62a2b47a04b8554c5349363c830c3d.jpg            0031.thumb.jpg.520e9c9a8cd29aa71474eb37215fc251.jpg

Zaelu's egress route was not the most fortunate one, as he also overflew the soviet tanks position which opened a hellish fire on his poor Junkers. I could see his rudder, right elevator and left flaps, cut clean off from his airplane as he was trying to make it out alive.

0033.thumb.jpg.495441ec25e4ed0f77fc80b85b23e1fc.jpg            0038.thumb.jpg.a956276ff6c20199981be041a61a7bec.jpg

0042.thumb.jpg.4d62a2b47a04b8554c5349363c830c3d.jpg            0044.thumb.jpg.b1107c9caef0075a41faf92f99adf623.jpg            0045.thumb.jpg.832941096f13b5da707d15736ed501e6.jpg

With Zaelu's struggling airplane in the background I could see Korn diving for his second attack, still trainling fuel and smoke from his starboard engine, then again all hell broke loose in the shape of smoke, fire and debris plus the complimentary AA fire chasing his retreating and heavily damaged Junkers.

0047.thumb.jpg.0ee549ccf685f1405d313faf0db5e1b5.jpg            0048.thumb.jpg.5d6d6ad4dbb40054e50da1e3e0a6cd79.jpg

0050.thumb.jpg.1dd37936d242d52cc6d5605d69be0d4a.jpg            0053.thumb.jpg.44c3e484510a723db2f96da2cd344bc1.jpg            0003.thumb.jpg.6e392efad592eeadf0503128ee08d780.jpg

Our birds were so badly damaged, none of us made it all the way to the airfield, we all had to ditch one way or another, so the rest of the trip to the Major's cognac stash was done in 3 separate kubelwagens.

I swear this is the last time I accept to be "volunteered" for such crazy and suicidal mission ! Of course that's a lie... I could never say "No!" to such a crazy stunt : )

😄 Besides, we lov the Major's cognac...

0006.jpg

0009.jpg

0010.jpg

0013.jpg

0016.jpg

0020.jpg

0022.jpg

0026.jpg

0027.jpg

0030.jpg

0031.jpg

0033.jpg

0038.jpg

0042.jpg

0044.jpg

0045.jpg

0047.jpg

0048.jpg

0050.jpg

0053.jpg

Edited by D13th_Mytzu
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Not to rush you guys or anything, but just curious about it - when can we expect to get the default tanks ? (trying to convince an old squad member to join us and this would nail it)

2 hours ago, D13th_Mytzu said:
Not to rush you guys or anything, but just curious about it - when can we expect to get the default tanks ? (trying to convince an old squad member to join us and this would nail it)

When tanks were added to the map, a lot of people were happy that the free ones were not included. I believe there was a major issue with the free T-34 damage model.

14 hours ago, OpticFlow said:

I believe there was a major issue with the free T-34 damage model.

I've been told it's been corrected. Let me know if it hasn't.

Added free tanks, and made P38 bomb load on front airfield more restricted. Effective after next mission rotation.

Thank you !

Re t34 bug, we tested and as far as invulerability once it had engine damaged, it is gone, multiple times we hit t34 engine, damaged it, then continued shooting until it was destroyed. Were there any other annoying bugs regarding t34 ?

Edited: as for driving in reverse after engine damage, could not establish much as i personally noticed similarities with pz3l with engine damaged but still functional, no idea how it was before.

Edited by D13th_Mytzu

Last few weeks i played alot with free t-34 tank and when my engine was destroyed i cant move, and other tanks can destroy my tank with no problem, i dont know what bug was there before but i see that t-34 can be destroyed like any other tank either when i was in it or when i got other t-34 with pziii.

4 minutes ago, =SA=Semz said:

Good day! Tell me why the game is missing IL2 43 years.

Error in rolling planeset list:

"il2m43": {
                "name": "il2m42"
            },

I'll fix this now.