LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

S! 

Some refinement could be used on the ship/convoy placement. Sometimes places friendly units next to an opposing airfield while their ships are way behind the lines. 

As of now the convoy are quite an easy way to move the front line. With a bit different placing it would require at least some effort to find and destroy them. Risk vs reward. Not asking them to be placed on the far edges of tee map, but a bit further from the front line and closest airfields. 

1 hour ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

With a bit different placing it would require at least some effort to find and destroy them. Risk vs reward. Not asking them to be placed on the far edges of tee map, but a bit further from the front line and closest airfields.

I agree, and this is pretty straightforward to do also.

Adjusted things a bit. Ships should now be at least 10 km away from nearest airfield. Effective after next mission rotation.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

3 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

Did you read my answer? The airfields are picked by code, not by hand, and as the frontline moves, these situations come and go. Next mission might have the situation reversed.

The situation has not changed for dozens of missions. It is necessary to treat the code.

19 minutes ago, Roell said:

The situation has not changed for dozens of missions. It is necessary to treat the code.

3nj3zu.gif

• Confused 1

I am constantly kicked from server. My connection is very good, after 1-10min i am kicked. Any ideas? Thank you.

Getting kicked here the same. Only on this server. Also after 1-10 minutes. Several of my colleagues had the same problem. All other servers present no problem.

S! 

@II./JG51Grasser The AI planes are removed after 16-17 players are on the server. If less, some of them are present, but not in numbers.

@JG27_Steini and 216th_Nocke What is your ping and is there any packet loss? This getting kicked is very unfortunate. 

How do  I check for packet loss? Knowing your servers IP and pinging manually, perhaps? I have no clue where to find your servers IP. Will check ping tomorrow, don't remember exactly know if it did show at all in the server list.

I can not understand. I completely destroyed the front-line factory, but the marker on the map did not disappear. What is the reason?

I even made a control flight, and recorded it. And even in the replay, I did not find a single surviving enemy unit.

Hi Guys,
Any idea, a few of my comrades from germany have massiv problems to join the server, or been kicked after a few minutes.
Everybody has a strong internet connection
Very strange, because one year ago, everybody was able to play without any kind of problem at this server.
Any advice for some troubleshooting so that we can join the party?
Best regards and beware of a clear six!

Hi, Bug in the current mission (18h30)  My tank have ammunitions (no problem), I can fire (no problem)

BUT .....nothing happen !!!  no explosions, no kills (even at 10 meters)  it is exactely if my rounds are "Training rounds" without effects....

Edited by CCG_Pips

Too those who have connect problems. Change your internet settings from high traffic to more stability. For FritzBox Router you find this here. It is going to help in all online games. Traffic is slighlty decreased. I am not disconnected anymore.

screenshot-fritz.box-2020-02-02-11-13-33-871.png.eb6d813597f40a3d70cc6580685f4c92.png

Edited by JG27_Steini

S! 

Disconnecting during combat won't save you anymore. And if pilots are found deliberately doing this, a cool off period may be issued. Keep it civil and have fun. 

@JG27_Steini I am on a fibre so rarely have any issues. So is the server. But if those settings help others it is a good find. 

On 2/1/2020 at 3:42 AM, II./JG51Grasser said:

I can not understand. I completely destroyed the front-line factory, but the marker on the map did not disappear. What is the reason?

I even made a control flight, and recorded it. And even in the replay, I did not find a single surviving enemy unit.

Currently, it looks like sometimes destroyed buildings don’t end up in logs. Especially when using big bombs.

I noticed that Novorossiysk stations (Ger & Rus) were missing icons. Should be fixed after next mission rotation.

I really like the new mission logic, really good job you did there!

Turnoffs i've experienced;

-with visibility, being few hundred meters or less above enemy plane with everything from the base shooting at him and still he's invisible, one second he's there i can see him but getting close on him he becomes invisible.

Maybe it's my settings but i dont have such problem elsewhere, maybe too much ground units affects plane rendering on my pc....i don't know and would like to know experiences from others.

So flying from distant bases in 109g14 and fighting invisible Tempest, p51, p38 and Spit9 is suicide.

Planeset balance seems a bit off too, p51, spit9, p38 and Tempest vs. 109g/2/4/6/14 and 109a3/5/8 is one sided fight when ppl on server.

Saying this as mostly allied pilot who fly both sides.

It is less rewarding when flying allies and suicide when flying axis (when server is populated) bit didn't flew long enough trough all planesets so i don't know does it goes vice versa.

Also on empty server going bomber role isn't fun since that AI fighter spwans on your high six which makes it nightmare since there is already all that AA shooting at you.

Otherwise it's nice to fly again on ypur server :)

S!

2 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

with visibility, being few hundred meters or less above enemy plane with everything from the base shooting at him and still he's invisible, one second he's there i can see him but getting close on him he becomes invisible

This is something we can’t control. Most likely it’s the old invisible plane bug.

Also on empty server going bomber role isn't fun since that AI fighter spwans on your high six

The AI planes spawn at ground on airfields and take off from there. They don’t spawn mid-air.

9 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

This is something we can’t control. Most likely it’s the old invisible plane bug.

The AI planes spawn at ground on airfields and take off from there. They don’t spawn mid-air.

Don't know about visibility bug, don't have such problems elsewhere... will try alter my graphic settings abd see if it helps!

Didn't know about AI taking off from airfield, was jumped few times by it over ships....sneaky bastard that AI😉

One question; i know frontline is moving when enough damage (80%) is done on both sectors (ships, troops, artilery).

But how does destroying bridges, railway stations and depots affect frontline since they are deep in enemy teritory?

Do they respawn after mission restart?

But how does destroying bridges, railway stations and depots affect frontline since they are deep in enemy teritory?

They are counted in on how much the frontline moves. No other logic currently. Also, there’s no persistence between missions regarding them.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

They are counted in on how much the frontline moves. No other logic currently. Also, there’s no persistence between missions regarding them.

Really cool, you hit the spot with new server logic while keeping simplicity for new players!

It's a TAW without restrictions, too bad others can't see it so we can have it populated more.

Also nice job putting objectives such as bridges in the southern mountain area, it's a long way to fly there but worthwhile...that part of the map while being pinnacle of il2GB is unused elsewhere which is such a shame.

• Like 1

We found 2 bugs!

Allied artilery in 1216 destroyed completely but it still shows 26% which didn't allow us to move the front line.

Same thing happened with front depot in 1319

9 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

We found 2 bugs!

On 2/2/2020 at 4:38 PM, LLv34_Temuri said:

Currently, it looks like sometimes destroyed buildings don’t end up in logs. Especially when using big bombs.

I am happy to see this server recently receives the popularity it has always deserved. 

• Like 2

Would love to fly here, but I am stuck with "Downloading files from server" forever and ever...

No issues connecting to any other servers at all.

S!

If having problems connecting try also to empty folder "moscowwb". Located in X:\IL-2 Sturmovik\data\multiplayer\

Can't connect either, cleaned out the folder. Then stuck at the "downloading mission" screen. .

I had that being stuck on the loading screen some time ago. I then "advanced" to getting in, but getting kicked after a couple of minutes. My connection is usually good, perfect for all other servers. I also hoost coops and never had trouble with anybody.

That being said: I am under the impression that your server has some probably really difficult to identify problem which seems to affect some people, and others absolutely not. It also started only some weeks or perhaps months ago, before I could fly fine on your server.

This is of course no complaint, just a hint. I really appreciate your work!

I (most recently) just left it at downloading screen, got kicked back to the MP "lobby" screen (choose coop or dogfight).

S! 

I had the "stuck at downloading files from server" last night. Exited game, cleared the moscowwb folder and restarted game. Got in on the first try. 

This phenomenom seems to come and go randomly. 

• Upvote 1

When doing some load test a while ago I encountered similar issue of not being able to get on the test server. The server had no difficulties running the mission (which had a shitload of moving tanks), but I assumed my client couldn't handle it. And by "client" I mean the game, not your machine, e.g. Flanker's machine should have ample computing power to handle it. I wonder if that's what you guys are experiencing. The mission size did increase a bit after we added the stations, and a couple of days ago there was a tweak on the frontline drawing, and that added some new icon objects too. We could try to size down the mission a bit, perhaps remove one artillery group per side, and see if that helps.

Removed the dugouts from the targets as it's difficult to distinguish the destroyed ones from the intact ones, and because they were reported 100% certain to not always produce log entry of being destroyed. In some places I added a couple of different objects (AT guns) to compensate somewhat, in some I added some buildings.

Effective after mission rotation.

Yesterday evening, added M16 quad to Russian side groups where the German side has the Flakvierling. Also tuned the planesets. Planeset 7 now has K4 (non-DC) and Dora from rear fields, and planeset 8 has Me262 from rear fields.

On 2/3/2020 at 3:08 PM, EAF_Ribbon said:

One question; i know frontline is moving when enough damage (80%) is done on both sectors (ships, troops, artilery).

Every destroyed target counts in moving the frontline and it WILL move even with 1% damage to the sector. It doesn't matter what type (front / arty / depot / bridge / ship) target you destroy. The point value of the target is what matters.

The (meta game) reason we rotate the mission (before mission time running out) when both sectors' frontline units have >75% damage is to give the players who DON'T want to attack the rear targets more stuff to do.  The not so meta reason would be that the enemy frontline resistance has been crushed, and the friendly troops can now advance.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

Every destroyed target counts in moving the frontline and it WILL move even with 1% damage to the sector. It doesn't matter what type (front / arty / depot / bridge / ship) target you destroy. The point value of the target is what matters.

The (meta game) reason we rotate the mission (before mission time running out) when both sectors' frontline units have >75% damage is to give the players who DON'T want to attack the rear targets more stuff to do.  The not so meta reason would be that the enemy frontline resistance has been crushed, and the friendly troops can now advance.

I've tested it ingame....it's brilliant!

(And addictive😉)

If only il2GB engine and netcode can sustain larger number of players and units this would be epic (already is!)!

Suggestion:

You could make 3rd party mod out of this, like PWCG.....dynamic war campaign for SP, just boost number of  AI planes.

It would be far better and more fun than career or any other scripted campaign all together.

This is what il2 needs and you nailed it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

You could make 3rd party mod out of this, like PWCG

Where would we find the time to support this? 😄

• Upvote 1

S!

Ribbon, just toss in ideas and who knows if they will be implemented in a form or another. Many good ideas have come from the people who have flown on VP. Feedback is not overlooked, especially if well presented.

• Like 1

Is it possible to mark the important status messages (e.g: xy target is under attack; enemy plane in sector; etc..) with a distinguished sound? I'm asking because in a fighter in VR constantly scanning the surroundings for contacts one just very rarely looks forward where these messages appear so it's easy to miss them.

I haven't seen a feature like this on any servers so not sure it's possible.

Thanks 

Edited by HunDread

Nice server,=VARP= squad is on regular basic there,but you already know that! ;)

Edited by =VARP=Klingon
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

When doing some load test a while ago I encountered similar issue of not being able to get on the test server. The server had no difficulties running the mission (which had a shitload of moving tanks), but I assumed my client couldn't handle it. And by "client" I mean the game, not your machine, e.g. Flanker's machine should have ample computing power to handle it. I wonder if that's what you guys are experiencing. The mission size did increase a bit after we added the stations, and a couple of days ago there was a tweak on the frontline drawing, and that added some new icon objects too. We could try to size down the mission a bit, perhaps remove one artillery group per side, and see if that helps.

9700k+rtx2080+32GB of RAM here. Shouldn't that be enough?