=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

27 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Looking forward to your opinion regarding the S.37 in TaW once you decided to go for blue, at least if the DM and server set gunners will be the same as they are now. That's not in any way meant in a sarcastic way, just to make sure. 

Roger that.  

I know it's not the same, but I have been doing 109 e7 and f2 vs. series .37 quick missions on Ace level.  So far any hits I took were because of my error, not the much-feared magic Pe-2 bullet.  I'll keep running more until I finally see it, or the next TAW gives me the opportunity to test with live pilots. 

I think any advantage Pe2 (maybe) brings to VVS side is canceled out by massive superiority of OKL fighters. But I am wondering why every time I wake up the next day after map's start it is already lost...

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

Roger that.  

I know it's not the same, but I have been doing 109 e7 and f2 vs. series .37 quick missions on Ace level.  So far any hits I took were because of my error, not the much-feared magic Pe-2 bullet.  I'll keep running more until I finally see it, or the next TAW gives me the opportunity to test with live pilots. 

You are right, it's not the same. I have no problems in taking out a flight of 3 or 4 Ace Pe2 with an E7 or F2. The difference to player controlled ones is massive. Looking forward to your feedback.

Edited by II./JG77_Manu*

1 hour ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Yeah, seems your whole life is centered around TaW. But you still don't seem to fly if your side is more then a bit outnumbered. Already twice I have seen you in Berloga, when your side could have needed your help. Very brave indeed. 

First you say i should join TAW to help my side; then you insinuate i spend too much time in TAW; later you say you don´t like it when i'm out of TAW relaxing at Berloga...god you remind me of my ex-girlfriend, a very hard to please lady.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

First you say i should join TAW to help my side; then you insinuate i spend too much time in TAW; later you say you don´t like it when i'm out of TAW relaxing at Berloga...god you remind me of my ex-girlfriend, a very hard to please lady.

No no no, wrong comprehension.

1. yes

2. I didn't say you spend too much time there. I'd like to spend this much time there as well. 

3. that's right again

I think visible top pilots like you being online encourage other Reds to join as well. 

On the contrary if they see you whining around in the Forums, they'll think themselves "if not even he joins the fight now, I surely won't do it as well"

Edited by II./JG77_Manu*

11 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

You are right, it's not the same. I have no problems in taking out a flight of 3 or 4 Ace Pe2 with an E7 or F2. The difference to player controlled ones is massive. Looking forward to your feedback.

That's impressive considering the AI knows the perfect times to change aspect to prevent you getting out front and can 'read' your crosshair position.  I've been in a Pe-2 with other Pe-2s and never saw a real player fly such good defense - including myself.   I guess we'll see how it goes when the time comes to go live.

1 minute ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

That's impressive considering the AI knows the perfect times to change aspect to prevent you getting out front and can 'read' your crosshair position.  I've been in a Pe-2 with other Pe-2s and never saw a real player fly such good defense - including myself.   I guess we'll see how it goes when the time comes to go live.

When I have the time and I know no other fighers are around I attack Pe2s at angles they can't shoot at me at all, not even close.

2 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

When I have the time and I know no other fighers are around I attack Pe2s at angles they can't shoot at me at all, not even close.

Fine, have it your way.  I'm out.  I'll give my impressions when it's go time.   Maybe I'll agree with you, maybe I won't.  

1 hour ago, =AVG77=Garven said:

Mincer is flying Russian.

Then he probably doesn’t have to worry about switching sides very often.

I would  just like to say that the real heroes winning the TAW war are not the stat-padders trying their best to avoid death. Instead its the guys who go in and do the grunt work. Like 19FAB Dema. You don't see them in the top5 rankings because for some reason TAW admins decided that only live pilots matter.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

On the contrary if they see you whining around in the Forums, they'll think themselves "if not even he joins the fight now, I surely won't do it as well"

Good they don't join! It speaks clearly they are healthy people, on the contrary you advise them to be happily gangbanged time after time! Again, you DO remind me of my ex-girlfriend! 

5 minutes ago, xJammer said:

I would  just like to say that the real heroes winning the TAW war are not the stat-padders trying their best to avoid death. Instead its the guys who go in and do the grunt work. Like 19FAB Dema. You don't see them in the top5 rankings because for some reason TAW admins decided that only live pilots matter.

He was in the top 5 bomber category for a while and he is ranked number 2 overall which one can only do by trying your best to stay alive.  If you think doing grunt work is going on one way trips your doing it wrong. 

Edited by =AVG77=Garven
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, xJammer said:

What a weak attempt of "divide and conquer" you tried there. Nice try, but some of us are too old for this hypocrisy. Dema it's a great pilot who btw has also being a top 5 pilot for long and is on top of the performance stats; so don't try to deviate the real meaning of your comment. With your statement what you are doing it's padding yourself, cause you fly like a kamikaze, turning this sim into an arcade game. You are not a "hero" by exploiting the game, you try to cause as much possible damage to your rival with a total disregard of your virtual life, not a hero mate: you are to a great virtual pilot, what a suicide bomber is to a special ops commando.

On one end you have stat hunters; on the other end suicide arcade gamers...in the middle are most virtual pilots who try to accomplish the mission while staying alive.

Edited by ECV56_Chimango

12 minutes ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

What a weak attempt of "divide and conquer" you tried there. Nice try, but some of us are too old for this hypocrisy. Dema it's a great pilot who btw has also being a top 5 pilot for long and is on top of the performance stats; so don't try to deviate the real meaning of your comment. With your statement what you are doing it's padding yourself, cause you fly like a kamikaze, turning this sim into an arcade game. You are not a "hero" by exploiting the game, you try to cause as much possible damage to your rival with a total disregard of your virtual life, not a hero mate: you are to a great virtual pilot, what a suicide bomber is to a special ops commando.

On one end you have stat hunters; on the other end suicide arcade gamers...in the middle are most virtual pilots who try to accomplish the mission while staying alive.

Lol... Wow. You really have something against me specifically... Is it even worth conversing with you any further?

P.S. even if I took your post seriously, comparing myself to DEMA hardly begs much difference with 18 vs. 21 deaths. You, however, do your best to stay away from groundwork ;) 

P.P.S I'm sorry I para-kiled your streak early on. I did not mean to make myself a forum warrior enemy.

Edited by xJammer
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, xJammer said:

I would  just like to say that the real heroes winning the TAW war are not the stat-padders trying their best to avoid death. Instead its the guys who go in and do the grunt work.

Throwing massive amounts of meat into the grinder until it jams only worked for the North Vietnamese Army.  In context of our electronic game of historically-based tag, it's pointless, frustrating, and with plane limits, just plain stupid.

13 minutes ago, xJammer said:

comparing myself to DEMA hardly begs much difference with 18 vs. 21 deaths

He has more than twice as many sorties flown as you have and combining deaths and captures puts you at 29 and him at 21

Edited by =AVG77=Garven
  • Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, xJammer said:

Lol... Wow. You really have something against me specifically... Is it even worth conversing with you any further?

In your fantasies, cause in my squad we consider you a toxic troll worth ignoring; you've been looking for my attention here at forums publicly and in chat during missions, i've always ignored you, but now that you got my attention and are butthurted from my replies pointing out the truth you regreat writing to me?  Too late.

P.S. even if I took your post seriously, comparing myself to DEMA hardly begs much difference with 18 vs. 21 deaths. You, however, do your best to stay away from groundwork ;) 

With a tiny difference, Dema (and i just use the example you decided to show at forums) has flown 30 hours more than you; he caused a lot of damage to LW and only lost 16% of his planes. See? I'm not the only one trying to survive, just like Dema...the only difference is i'm mainly a fighter pilot and he is a bomber one, and probably has more chances to be KIA. Check again, demas has only lost 16% of his 295 aircraft flown;  on the other hand you just like Manu, lost almost half of the planes you took in a one way arcade trip. . Want more?

P.P.S I'm sorry I para-kiled your streak early on. I did not mean to make myself a forum warrior enemy.

Did i ever say anything about being para killed? See? I couldn´t care less, but you bring it to forums. You chute kill people, LG does it, Jg8 and others...if i have the chance i pay back, and that's it for me. You seem to be more obssesed with stats than the people you blame.

Edited by ECV56_Chimango
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

In your fantasies, cause in my squad we consider you a toxic troll worth ignoring; you've been looking for my attention here at forums publicly and in chat during missions, i've always ignored you, but now that you got my attention and are butthurted from my replies pointing out the truth you regreat writing to me?  Too late.

Clearly you are out to try to discredit me ;) Not I.

With a tiny difference, Dema (and i just use the example you decided to show at forums) has flown 30 hours more than you; he caused a lot of damage to LW and only lost 16% of his planes; on the other hand just like Manu, you lost almost half of the planes you took in a one way arcade trip. Want more?

in 60% more time spent on the server he killed about 20% more ground targets and 90% less air targets? I'm impressed. But besides myself and DEMA there are many more actual pilots trying to win the game than stat-pad their way to the top of the leaderboard :) 

Did i ever say anything about being para killed? See? I couldn´t care less, but you bring it to forums. You chute kill peoplet, LG does it, Jg8 and others...if i have the chance i pay back, and that's it for me. You seem to be more obssesed with stats than the people you blame.

No but that is the only reason I had thought for you to have something so specifically out for me that you end up trying to discredit me personally with made up fantasies. I guess competition breeds conflict. Chill out and take it easy! Leave balance and future of the server to more level-headed people.

P.S. the only reason I para-kill is to break people's CM+1 streaks and win via pilot attrition. In the future just mention on all-chat that you have none and I'll ignore your chute. I'm not out there for you specifically.

Edited by xJammer
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, xJammer said:

Clearly you are out to try to discredit me ;) Not I.

I don´t, you discredit yourself by your own words and your arcade gaming.

4 minutes ago, xJammer said:

in 30 more hours he killed about 20% more ground targets and 90% less air targets? I'm impressed. But besides myself and DEMA there are many more actual pilots trying to win the game than stat-pad their way to the top of the leaderboard :) 

Wait, wasn´t he a hero? Now that your silly comment back shoots at you, you prefer to not be impressed with his performance.

8 minutes ago, xJammer said:

I guess competition breeds conflict. Chill out and take it easy! Leave balance and future of the server to more level-headed people.

It does; and i'm chilled. And unfortunately for you, i'll be participating on server discussions any time i feel it's appropriate, and i'll keep replying to nonesense whining just as much.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, ECV56_Chimango said:

I don´t, you discredit yourself by your own words and your arcade gaming.

Do I really have to quote your previous comments that I already replied you?

Wait, wasn´t he a hero? Now that your silly comment back shoots at you, you prefer to not be impressed with his performance.

I am genuinely  impressed at his ability to kill tanks. And myself getting 3x multiplier on facility destruction is a bit of a cheat. However your dismissive attitude to my own accomplishments prompted me to make a comparison ;)  (I also did not want to take your stats specifically either to not come across as biased)

It does; and i'm chilled. And unfortunately for you, i'll be participating on server discussions any time i feel it's appropriate, and i'll keep replying to nonesense whining just as much

Oh absolutely, but your discussion really comes across as biased whining rather than rational arguments ;) Look. You are really getting personal at this point. Shall we take this to PMs or even maybe teamspeak discussion? I'm more than happy to meet bases with you instead of letting you pour it out here.

Edited by xJammer
  • Sad 1

Сhimanov...what's the point of arguing with Jammer?...?

He believes that everything is fine and no changes are necessary. You think that with balance it is necessary to do something. Jammer can only understand you when he's in a similar situation.

Although there is no guarantee that he will try to drink this Cup to the bottom...... ;)

Fly.....churn.....storm...and we try to have fun.... :lol::good:

Edited by =FPS=Cutlass
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, xJammer said:

Any time I see 10-20 reds in teamspeak channel together flying on TAW becomes an incredible challenge.

I hope that this challenge will not confuse you with the opposite of what is currently available.... ;):good:

19 minutes ago, xJammer said:

My personal POV is that the current equipment favours reds by a small margin. 

LOL 

• Upvote 2

Guys. Please try to leave the politics out of discussions in this thread. Please try to respect each other. I enjoy this forum for productive discussions when they happen. It really sucks when it gets locked down because passions get so high. This is a game. We are better served with an open mind and respect for everyone. We can all agree that divisiveness is part of what started WW2. Let’s not get divided here over what is clearly a leisure activity passion. 

Airplanes are cool, military aviation history is cool. Aerial warfare and tactics are interesting. You are all interesting people because you like this game and this server in particular. Koombayah and all that...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

@II./JG77_Manu

You talk so much about helping the team and even judge others like Chimango but I don't see you helping ur team at all. Quite the opposite really ... Thinking about this, it is better if you just stick to the Blue side and continue to help the VVS. We thank you for your assistance :)

I am extremely disappointed to see someone who is at the top of the leaderboards say something like this. I was only mildly interested in BoX until I discovered TAW, but my first campaign (August-October '18) convinced me to buy even the collector planes that I have no interest in flying if only to support the future of this sim. I was also a complete disaster in that campaign and was running at about 1 GK per plane lost for most of it. I would have been tempted to spend my hard-earned cash elsewhere had I seen this sentiment expressed here at the time.

This is just a game, folks. Let's support future expansions and planesets by welcoming players regardless of their abilities and thereby convincing them to support this admittedly niche hobby. The deepest pockets are not necessarily the best pilots.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

It is fine if you are not good mate. It is not about that anyways. The fact is Mr. Manu is trying to discredit and say Chimango does nothing to contribute to his team ... I believe if u can trash somebody else you should first look at yourself in the mirror no?

• Upvote 1

Just now, SCG_Riksen said:

It is fine if you are not good mate. It is not about that anyways. The fact is Mr. Manu is trying to discredit and say Chimango does nothing to contribute to his team ... I believe if u can trash somebody else you should first look at yourself in the mirror no?

The entire discussion degraded into personal attacks and attempts to discredit one's argument based on his/her length of experience bar.

I suggest we leave all of this nonsense outside of the forums ;) 

• Sad 1

Join red side. We have P2, we have uber flaps, we have 23mm we can hit the ground at 600kph without exploding so you can keep streak if stat padder. All you need to send suka fascist to gulag and spray comunism over stepe ! 

Dont be a pussy on a 190 flying at 7k, Red side more fun !

Edited by E69_geramos109
  • Haha 4

[edited]

On 12/14/2018 at 3:11 PM, xJammer said:

@Operation_Ivy I couldn't agree with you more on the requirement for the player to have played on both sides before giving feedback on the balance of the game 😄 

Yes. Because if you make a single mistake about GAME FACTS while citing HISTORICAL FACTS you are instantly open to discrediting attacks/comments. 

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Upvote 2

Someone needs to re-engineer the registration page so that not only do you see stats but also timezones. Maybe have registration before taw starts so the teams balance. It's no fun to always fly either outnumbered or outnumbering the other team

On 12/13/2018 at 12:45 PM, II./JG77_Manu* said:

My squadron is. They decided to fly Axis. I hope i can persuade them to go for Allies next time.

We flew allies last TAW because of balance. It really helps you respect the pros and cons of each side

Is there any weather conditions when flaks not shooting and gunners are quite?

https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=238 - check the waether in this mission.

3Pe gunners are quite.

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=48161&name=xJammer - check the stats. Then he flow to depot and kill all the AAA there.

Edited by =KK=Des_

3 hours ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

Okay that is enough off-top for now. From now on I will report every OT post.

Please do. I see several attitutes from members here that are...let say inadequate.

Haash

2 hours ago, =KK=Des_ said:

Is there any weather conditions when flaks not shooting and gunners are quite?

https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=238 - check the waether in this mission.

3Pe gunners are quite.

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=48161&name=xJammer - check the stats. Then he flow to depot and kill all the AAA there.

The clouds are blocking los so the gunners dont fire If the bombers are in or very close to clouds. In overcast the effecfivens of aaa is reduced as per LG statement

Edited by Carl_infar

I admit, sometimes I just linger on the TAW page and check out sorties of top pilots.  Sometimes I see damage reporting results I don't understand.  I think it's because the damage model update came just when TAW was set to start and the custom server program didn't have time to be fully adjusted. 

Still, and I ask simply to learn, can someone interpret this example sortie so I know better what I'm seeing in the future? 

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=48538&name=xJammer

I've seen this kind of damage reporting in other players' sorties as well.  The most consistent theme seems to be 109F4 attacks Mig-3.  I'm pretty well convinced it's a DM thing. 

Good, let's better ignore trolls who drag you to their terrain, and back to suggestions and healthy posts.

For future edition:

1. Limit between 42/46 per side. I wouldn't go up to 50, cause if server is at max a constant difference of 18 pilots (50-32)wouldn´t be that good. 

2. Algorithm to prevent 1.0 damage to the map when there are one sided quorums like i.e 25-5 or 40-12 for long periods of a mission  (60-20 won't be present anymore if point #1 is applied)

If not possible to add something like this, then let's think how to prevent this situation.

3. Put a whole lot more (yes, infest them) fast AA in depots and inbound areas around them. Right now is very easy to expliot them with a couple of fighters, really arcade situation and not what depots are meant to represent there. Make it a heavy strategic bomber target so if something approaches them below 2k they get instantly shot down. 

4. There are tweaks that can be done regarding Ju-52s and airfield captured by them suggested on page #282 by @AKA_Relent and @-=PHX=-SuperEtendard already addressed by @=LG=Kathon .

5. Add at least a 5' to 8' minutes kick to a KIA or CAPTURED pilot. This will give more chances of others joining, more chances of preventing suicide attacks also.

6. And last the least important one; planeset. Planeset is overall very good and balanced. I would suggest one thing only: during map #4 it has no sustent to remove Vya23mm from Lagg-3. So if VYa23 is limited in accordance with depot strenght, same thing should be applied to gunpods for F4s and G2s. Also don´t give gunpods prior to map#4, just like the Vya on Lagg3.

S!

Edited by ECV56_Chimango
  • Upvote 5

Just now, ECV56_Chimango said:

2. Algorithm to prevent 1.0 damage to the map when there are one sided quorums like i.e 25-5 or 40-12 for long periods of a mission  (60-20 won't be present anymore if point #1 is applied)

If not possible to add something like this, then let's think how to prevent this situation.

People get shot down, quit. The winning team ends up dealing less damage because the opponent gave up.

5. Add at least a 5' to 8' minutes kick to a KIA or CAPTURED pilot. This will give more chances of others joining, more chances of preventing suicide attacks also.

Death penalty should be raised IMO. 30 minutes sounds a lot better than the current 5min. But this would further encourage players to finish off the pilots.

6. And last the least important one; planeset. Planeset is overall very good and balanced. I would suggest one thing only: during map #4 it has no sustent to remove Vya23mm from Lagg-3. So if VYa23 is limited in accordance with depot strenght, same thing should be applied to gunpods for F4s and G2s. Also don´t give gunpods prior to map#4, just like the Vya on Lagg3.

23mm is not in the slightest equivalent to the gunpods. 23mm enables the lagg to destroy 2-3 tanks on top of the bomb load that it carries.  Gunpods also make 109s mostly into sitting ducks with the weight and drag they introduce. 

Edited by xJammer
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, =AVG77=Mobile_BBQ said:

Still, and I ask simply to learn, can someone interpret this example sortie so I know better what I'm seeing in the future? 

Looks like someone attacked an airfield.

Strafed some AAA at the enemy airfield, strafed a Pe2 and a fighter on the ground?(assumption), got set on fire by some AAA, and set the fighter on fire.

Edited by =EXPEND=Tripwire