LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

12 minutes ago, Staiger said:

If chute shooting is not allowed (I dont see it on the rules, check pic below), then vulching should not be allowed either, I fail to see the difference from shooting a player hanging on a chute to vulching someone on the ground with their engine off.

bs.JPG

Difference is chute or downed/crashed plane that is already wasted don't present threat to you anymore, he's gone, one plane less in his hangar!

While spawned planes will take off and shot you down.

Dang!

It's a question of morality and keeping a good/positive/competitive spirit without provoking other players.

Edited by EAF_Ribbon
  • Upvote 1

Then be a gentleman and shoot it after it took off, you know... give the poor bloke a chance. If the enemy still has its engine off its a no immediate threat and has no means of defense, just like the pilot hanging on the chute. On the gold days of 1946 some servers had a nice rule of vulching only allowed with bombs and rockets, and I'm fine by that.

Edited by Staiger

Just now, Staiger said:

Then be a gentleman and shoot it after it took off, you know... give the poor bloke a chance. If the enemy still has its engine off its a no immediate threat and has no means of defense, just like the pilot hanging on the chute.

By that time you got engaged by something else (flak, returning enemy...etc.).

If you can't see the difference i can't help you!

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Leifr said:

A (what I assume) to be new player joined the server two days ago and asked why he was not able to fly the 190. He was told to fly a supply aircraft (111) in order to be able to access it, he quit pretty quickly and left to join another server (WoL I guess?).

This is my only issue with the supply system. I think new pilots should start with at least one plane on each field (unless it's all out). I can imagine many players being put off by having to fly supply runs without having lost a single air frame.

In war goal is to disable enemy not to kill it!

If you ever been in the army you'll know that.

• Upvote 1

Fine, you can continue to vulch. I will continue to "disable" pilots no matter the situation. Everybody is happy :)

Edited by Staiger

2 minutes ago, Porky said:

This is my only issue with the supply system. I think new pilots should start with at least one plane on each field (unless it's all out). I can imagine many players being put off by having to fly supply runs without having lost a single air frame.

I agree with that 100%!

1 minute ago, Staiger said:

Fine, you can continue to vulch. I will continue to kill pilots no matter the situation. Everybody is happy :)

You prooved your morality last night and show what kind of person are you!

I'm glad you confessed it here.

And yes everybody will be happy cos you'll get banned by doing that as server admins point to the rule and you comfirmed your acknowledgment about it 😁

• Upvote 1

You can clearly see the rules. Not one mention about chute shooting. It literally says there are basically no rules. Have a nice day. :salute:

Edited by Staiger

I always understood it as a gentleman's agreement, something that is encouraged rather than enforced. While I think it's very bad style to kill already defeated pilots, I also think it can be hard to enforce a rule against it (or at least an additional work load for the host).

I don't mind either way. Less rules, less work for the host; gentleman rules, potentially nicer community... Been angry about getting vulched a couple of times, but that's war, and I'm sure killing of defenceless pilots also did happen (bad argument, I know).

2 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

The unbalanced sides can be an issue with 24/7 servers like ours and TAW. Personally, I don't mind much about it. It's anyway a game.

in TAW when you sign-up for say axis you need to stick with axis for the rest of campign that can take months to end.

If I sign up for current day only then it will be better to auto-log on first entry of particular day and prevent me from switching next day. That way I join server and choose side I want and I can base my preference on which side have less/more players and next day I can choose the same or differently  - that in my opinion would make more sense :)

7 minutes ago, Staiger said:

You can clearly see the rules. Not one mention about chute shooting. It literally says there are basically no rules. Have a nice day. :salute:

Admins clearly said chute killing is no more allowed so do what ever you want.

You too have a nice day!

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Staiger said:

4 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

I added a chat message confirmation to whenever someone on your side supplies an airfield. Message format: "<airfield name> was supplied by <player name>".

Well, there are separate log entries for the  pilot being killed and pilot parachuting out of an airplane. Combined, these could be used to detect chute killing... But how to discern them from accidental/unintended cases? That might be very hard, at least programmatically. If someone does it a lot more than others... that could be analyzed... after gathering data of course.

If there are clear cases of chute kills, please provide recordings. Chute killing is forbidden and punishable offense, if done deliberately.

Here, i'm glad to help you!

• Upvote 1

Well, too bad he said it after the occurrance. It seems you will still see me on the server. :)

Not gonna weigh in on the general discussion about chute killing. It really only means that the killer is a vindictive dick, nothing more or less.

And to be honest I am mostly massively surprised that this is somehow a more sensitive topic as opposed to the massive changes to the planes.

You fellas have strange priorities :lol:

However, I have one quick question here:

1 hour ago, Staiger said:

On the gold days of 1946 some servers had a nice rule of vulching only allowed with bombs and rockets, and I'm fine by that.

I have never understood how that is in any way even remotely different from also allowing it to be done with guns. In fact I'd be willing to argue that you have a better chance at survival when it's guns as opposed to bombs and rockets.

• Thanks 1

Well, too bad he said it after the occurrance. It seems you will still see me on the server. :)

Well i'm glad you accepting new rule!

I will be glad to see you on server than.

• Upvote 1

I would like to see it officialized and written on the site though

2 hours ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Maybe for those who don't own all 3 titles BoS/M/K instead of 8 planesets there could be 4 carefully picked planeset.

I own every plane in BoX so i'm ok but again i like server being populated lately and i would like keep pilots like Leifr and Wellenbrecher even they shot me down many times when i flew red. 😁

I hope they will buy missing planes!

What would those 4 be? The whole point of the rolling planeset is matching planes with somewhat comparable performance against each other. Then, if you have planes from BoM and BoS, what about people who only bought BoK? I think this is a situation where someone will always be upset. Personally, I'd be happy to have the 109 G-2 (pretty much the only feasible German plane from BoS) on every set, so people would probably then want to have the Yak-1 s.69 on the Russian side.

1 hour ago, Staiger said:

If chute shooting is not allowed (I dont see it on the rules, check pic below), then vulching should not be allowed either, I fail to see the difference from shooting a player hanging on a chute to vulching someone on the ground with their engine off.

"...if it helps to defeat the enemy..." I guess one could argue that getting a player pissed off enough to leave the server is helping to defeat the enemy, but that's really not what we meant.

Shooting in a chute: that player has already lost his plane, i.e. you've already defeated him.

Vulching: that player is a threat if you let him take off.

48 minutes ago, przybysz86 said:

in TAW when you sign-up for say axis you need to stick with axis for the rest of campign that can take months to end.

If I sign up for current day only then it will be better to auto-log on first entry of particular day and prevent me from switching next day. That way I join server and choose side I want and I can base my preference on which side have less/more players and next day I can choose the same or differently  - that in my opinion would make more sense :)

Yes, but IIRC there's no maximum amount of registered players for each side, hence the unbalance.

Yes, a "daily automatic signup" might be good.

3 minutes ago, Staiger said:

Yeah, not going to ban someone when there's been misclear info around. But consider yourself notified of this.

I would like to see it officialized and written on the site though

Added it there on the English section. Russian and French coming sometime.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

Not gonna weigh in on the general discussion about chute killing. It really only means that the killer is a vindictive dick, nothing more or less.

And to be honest I am mostly massively surprised that this is somehow a more sensitive topic as opposed to the massive changes to the planes.

You fellas have strange priorities :lol:

I'm a sensible person, dont be a dickhead to me and wont be to you. What happened was that I just spawned, and a few seconds later I got strafed by a douchebag, while my engines was still off. I didnt do any chute shooting (actually, I aim for the pilot, his corpse can hang on the chute), and I didnt strafe downed planes before that, but since I got fucked by a dickhead, I guess I will complete the circle jerk and be a dickhead to others. Anyways, at the time I looked at the site to see the rules and there was nothing about chute killing, you cant expect people to join the forum and look through all the pages just to look for a single post that the admin made about chute stuff.....

Edited by Staiger

10 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

Chute killing and vulching have and always will be sensitive topics for many people. I don't really care much if I'm the victim in either. If I have to bail, I usually Finish Flight as soon as I can anyway, if I'm killed, I can take off faster when I don't need to wait for the burning wreck that was my plane to hit the ground. If I spawn in when the airfield is under attack, I take the risk of being vulched.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Staiger said:

I'm a sensible person, dont be a dickhead to me and wont be to you. What happened was that I just spawned, and a few seconds later I got strafed by a douchebag, while my engines was still off. I didnt do any chute killing (actually, I aim for the pilot, his corpse can hang on the chute), and I didnt strafe downed planes, but since I got fucked by a dickhead, I guess I will complete the circle jerk and be a dickhead to others. Anyways, I look at the site to the rules and there was nothing about chute killing, you can expect people to join the forum and look through all the pages just to look for a single post that the admin made about chute stuff.....

Those were tactics reason, those guys wanted close the airfield so we can't spawn there so they could destroy tankbase more easier and potentialy capture airfield.

So i wouldn't call them d×××heads, they are playing as they should while knowing server meahanics perfectly.

You'll see this is the only server where good tactics can be applied and all that without chute killing!

Finnish dynamic war could be even added as SP career mode to il2 box but with AI planes if you ask me.

Edited by EAF_Ribbon
  • Upvote 1

Just now, EAF_Ribbon said:

You'll see this is the only server where good tactics can be applied and all that without chute killing!

Finnish dynamic war could be even added as SP carrier mode to il2 box but with AI planes if you ask me.

I really wouldn't say "the only", but thank you very much.

But really, what about the planeset thing? We don't necessarily need to follow what TAW has, so give us your proposals.

I was about to say that it'd probably be best to either stretch the time-frames or take a hit on authenticity and make sure to always have at least one fighter from the base game as an option.

But while typing it out I realised that that would unfortunately just mean the 109 F4 for the Germans even in the earliest setting whereas the Reds got something like the Lagg.

However, that would probably solve most problems that I can think of. Ignoring any idea of balance though.

Edited by wellenbrecher

9 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

those guys wanted close the airfield so we can't spawn there so they could destroy tankbase more easier and potentialy capture airfield.

Not really, it was a single aircraft, he didnt even try to shoot at the ground targets, so that was not the case

2 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I really wouldn't say "the only", but thank you very much.

But really, what about the planeset thing? We don't necessarily need to follow what TAW has, so give us your proposals.

On your server you can see  the progress trought the map which gives certain satisfaction.

I won't rush with my conclusion about planeset, just wanted to be in everybody's please.

I will think about it and suggest if i get with something good.

About that campaign nights, sounds great!

I like the rotating planeset. 

Could still leave the older plane types in, when getting to newer era, though.

The only disparity is that while BoS-only Germans can fly Ju87 and He111, BoS-only Russians can't fly any combat plane. Maybe Il-2 1942 model with a locked loadout could be added, so they have at least one combat plane to use.

3 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

I was about to say that it'd probably be best to either stretch the time-frames or take a hit on authenticity and make sure to always have at least one fighter from the base game as an option.

But while typing it out I realised that that would unfortunately just mean the 109 F4 for the Germans even in the earliest setting whereas the Reds got something like the Lagg.

However, that would probably solve most problems that I can think of. Ignoring any idea of balance though.

There are people who did fly mainly more challenging planes, e.g. the P-40, when the planeset wasn't limited, so maybe it wouldn't be that bad to have the F-4 vs. LaGG setup.

2 minutes ago, II./JG77_Kemp said:

I like the rotating planeset. 

Could still leave the older plane types in, when getting to newer era, though.

The only disparity is that while BoS-only Germans can fly Ju87 and He111, BoS-only Russians can't fly any combat plane. Maybe Il-2 1942 model with a locked loadout could be added, so they have at least one combat plane to use.

Hmm, perhaps an Il-2 '42 with at least the VYa guns locked? 

I think that adding F4 would erase the point of having early plane set. Lagg-3, maybe with locked rockets, could be an okay addition though.

Yeah, that was my point. The average for the blue team will probably go F4 and ignore the rest.

Even with fully locked load-out it probably wouldn't be all that helpful for the desired goal.

I dont mind the planeset aswell. My only gripes is with the 23mm on the lagg3, thats a no-no. Everything else is fine.

23 minutes ago, Staiger said:

Not really, it was a single aircraft, he didnt even try to shoot at the ground targets, so that was not the case

There are some players that do that, but they are mostly newcomers.

Other ones use it as distraction for friendly fighters while our tankbase takes beatings.

One of the thing why blue lose so much, all in fighters chasing one enemy!

Here is everything based on supporting ground forces to progress trought the map.

Going with historical planeset needs to take in mind that flak over tankbase and tankbase itself, you  just need right tool to deal with it.

Anyway you can gather  basic suggestions here and go with it, tweak it over time or remove it if it's not working as intended!

Edited by EAF_Ribbon

I think the LaGG can be viewed as competitive with the F4, by no means on equal ground but it isn't like you are sending I-16's up against it. Given a choice I'd take a Yak 1 against an F4, but the LaGG can get the job done. This is especially true if the weather conditions make high altitude attacks problematic - when forced low many of the advantages afforded the F4 over the LaGG are somewhat mitigated while the LaGG is in it's element, more or less. The acceleration gap is still there at low altitudes but that is only really for either running away or pitched vertical fighting. In the former case the 109 is quitting the field exposing either the ground targets or the attack planes on it's team to enemy fire; I.E. losing the fight by default and being a general determent to their team. In the later it is a good all around fight so there is nothing to complain about.

On balance I'd say the LaGG is an acceptable solution for those who don't have any of the Moscow planes, at least until Yaks are made available; so long as nothing silly like forced rockets are involved.

40 minutes ago, Disarray said:

On balance I'd say the LaGG is an acceptable solution for those who don't have any of the Moscow planes, at least until Yaks are made available; so long as nothing silly like forced rockets are involved.

What is silly about making a LaGG-3 of 1941 less capable than the Stalingrad-era LaGG-3 that we have in the game? There were a couple of thousands of improvements from early LaGG's before it's maturity in 1942.

Because the rockets and their mounts do more than hamper the top speed. The impact on the maneuverability is over the top for the stated goal.

Maneuverability of early LaGGs was notably bad and improved a lot when the airframe was made lighter and other improvements were done later on. Based on the descriptions I would rather say that the impact of the rockets is not enough than being over the top, when comparing to early LaGG's.

Anyway, maybe is best to forget these additions to early plane sets, just to avoid forum discussions of what is right or wrong, based on feelings.

Perhaps the best way of solving it would be to try one way and then the other. If there is a marked improvement to game play one way or the other then stick with the better way. If there is no difference one way or the other let it be up to the individual.

Dunno if that was mentioned in the last two pages or something. But before you think of other fancy features and planeset, maybe something against the lags? I know dserver is rubbish, but the desyncs and super lags arent worth moving columns and other stuff.

I really like the server dont get me wrong, but as soon as your server hits 30 players or what it goes down the drain. You know it, I know. Just want to mention it again.

It might be a good idear to tweak the AAA respawn/resupply time.

The older aircrafts are not so effective as the late '42 and 43 models. This means a lot in the time it takes to kill the AAA.