Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

11 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

Oh god, searchlights at depots. There goes my Jabo safe-space at dawn :lol:

Exactly! :)

17 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

Oh god, searchlights at depots. There goes my Jabo safe-space at dawn :lol:

Level bombing from now on!

7 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

It’s because it’s not logical that searchlights and AAA ”destroyed status” are counted in determining whether a tank base/airfield gets its repair stuffs from the depot/factory. In addition, we want to add some more bombing targets to the depots, and the sorely needed searchlights too.

Instead of adding more stuff to bomb at depots, how about restricting the use of bombs over 500kg for the Germans, also restricting the mod options for German bombers.  It might make things a little tougher than the current pick the biggest bomb and lets wipe the field.  With the plane set for the VVS and the lack of decent bombing options, I can see why everyone flies German.

Was hoping to get some German time when I connected tonight but the 4 to 1 against VVS made me feel a bit sad for them.  Also the lack of fields for VVS compared to the Germans sucks as well as the German fliers gang bang the 2 forward fields we have and its very tedious.  If a VVS forward field is captured, can't the next mission have another VVS field open relative to the moving front line?  Same visa versa not that I see it getting that way with the side number/capability disparity.

2 minutes ago, blitze said:

Instead of adding more stuff to bomb at depots, how about restricting the use of bombs over 500kg for the Germans, also restricting the mod options for German bombers.  It might make things a little tougher than the current pick the biggest bomb and lets wipe the field.  With the plane set for the VVS and the lack of decent bombing options, I can see why everyone flies German.

Was hoping to get some German time when I connected tonight but the 4 to 1 against VVS made me feel a bit sad for them.  Also the lack of fields for VVS compared to the Germans sucks as well as the German fliers gang bang the 2 forward fields we have and its very tedious.  If a VVS forward field is captured, can't the next mission have another VVS field open relative to the moving front line?  Same visa versa not that I see it getting that way with the side number/capability disparity.

EAF should soon switch back to VVS, we wanted to blue side at least once win the map but even with numbers it is hard cos they don't know how server mehanics work.

Example tonight, we close the airfield and destroy tankbase (than my buddy had to leave server) and i took paras and went to capture it.

Over there i saw one flak remaining so i asked rest of the axis playes to help since VVS repair is on the way.

Guess what no one answered the call, that was remaining goal on the map but i gues all the axis pilots were busy doing formation flying lol.

So after a while when i saw nobody is coming i took the risk and try land, single flak killed my pilot!

So if it's upto me alone, i would switch to VVS now.

About that situation with airfields it goes both ways as one side is pushed on the map, there is no axis bias.

About bombers many bombs are locked, thing is ju88 carry more than pe2 but it doesn't have front cannons so i think it's fair while 110 bombload is more limited than pe2.

And seems we'll be back on Red side tomorrow maybe!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

About bombers many bombs are locked, thing is ju88 carry more than pe2 but it doesn't have front cannons so i think it's fair while 110 bombload is more limited than pe2.

And seems we'll be back on Red side tomorrow maybe!

I maybe wrong, but I didnt see any ju88 as a bomber on the map, all ju88 are repair/supply/para, at least it was like that last time I played

Is states working . 

31 minutes ago, Staiger said:

I maybe wrong, but I didnt see any ju88 as a bomber on the map, all ju88 are repair/supply/para, at least it was like that last time I played

yeah my bad! there is only 110e2 with similar bombload like pe2 but less customizable, for tankbase it's better 4x250m bombs in pe2 than 2x500+4x50 in 110

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, blitze said:

Ju-87, Ju-88, and He-111 have restriction to not use bigger than 1000 kg bombs. Bf 110 E-2 has restriction to not use 1000 kg bomb. Might put that to the G-2 too.

IMHO, best load to wipe airfield with 110 is the 12 x 50 kg :)

Many fields can be closed with guns alone to be perfectly honest. So I dunno if restricting bombs is going to make any difference in that regard.

For depots and such it's a different story of course.

9 hours ago, blitze said:

I can see why everyone flies German.

Yeah the German team has the numbers, but it also has every single incompetent person that ever decided to play this game. :lol:

Change to blue every now and then and marvel at 15+ players doing nothing but circles around some airfield all the way to the rear.

There's a reason why the Red team team wins the overall campaign all the time and always.

Edited by wellenbrecher

On 3/6/2018 at 5:10 PM, wellenbrecher said:

I was about to say that it'd probably be best to either stretch the time-frames or take a hit on authenticity and make sure to always have at least one fighter from the base game as an option.

But while typing it out I realised that that would unfortunately just mean the 109 F4 for the Germans even in the earliest setting whereas the Reds got something like the Lagg.

However, that would probably solve most problems that I can think of. Ignoring any idea of balance though.

Speculating....

If the aircraft where mod limited to reflect historic use combined with the ratio of historical numbers.

The aircraft which does not appear in the games could be replaced by similar types, or with predetermined mods. SB-2's could be replaced by Pe-2's, but in fewer numbers to reflect their increased capabilities and survival. I-153 could be replaced by I-16's

E-4/B with E-7B and force the E-7 to carry bombs in order to prevent them to be used in the pure fighter role.

I posted the some of the numbers I have. It is worth to notice that the VVS had a lot more aircraft available than Luftwaffe. But the capabilities of LW aircraft and personel was a lot higher.

On the Moscow front at Lvov 1941-07-06the numbers looked like this:

Bf109E-4/B: 31

Bf109E-7/B: 130

Bf10F-2: 79:

Bf109F-4: 160

Bf110C: 178

Hs123: 22

Ju87B-2: 273

Ju52: 123

Ju88A4: 83

He111H-6: 46

He111H-2 70

I-153M-62 - 170 (can be replaced by the I-16)

I-153M P- 156 (can be replaced by the I-16)

I-16 model 18 - 224

I-16 model 24: 252

MiG-3ud: 58

Yal-1: 127

Il-2 series 1: 6

Su-2: 61

SB-2 M-100:  49

SB-2 M-103:  221

DB-3b: 32

DB-3M:  98

DB-3F: 118

Pe-2 series 1: 45

TB-3: 109

Li-2: 79

2 hours ago, wellenbrecher said:

Many fields can be closed with guns alone to be perfectly honest. So I dunno if restricting bombs is going to make any difference in that regard.

For depots and such it's a different story of course.

Yeah the German team ha the number, but it also has every single incompetent person that ever decided to play this game. :lol:

There's a reason why the Red team team wins the overall campaign all the time and always.

Which is why EAF are seriously consider changing back to Red before we planned!

EDIT:

The level of incompetent pilots on the Blue side is staggering.

* They bomb stuff on tank bases which does not help friendly tanks advance

* They do not cover their bombers

* They attack strategic targets which does not give any advance on the map

* Friendly fire is way higher than on the Red side (I cannot remember a single incident)

* They write targets in the chat

* They trashtalk

* They chose aircrafts which are not suited for their tasks which makes them loose them

* Before the introduction of the personel hanger some sqd used Jabo's as pure fighters and flew formations flying on some obscur part of the map

The list is endless!

Generally speaking, most newbies are attracted to Luftwaffe aircraft's becourse they have a reputation of being the best planes. Which is why you often see 109 pilots go turning with Yak-1's :wacko:

The number of Blue Sqds which does know what to do does not make up for the incompetent ones.

Edited by EAF_Starfire
  • Upvote 1

The usual MO for Blue pilots is to circle the nearest friendly airfield and await some poor Red to wander in to radar range. If there is no radar, Blues disperse in to the wind, never to be seen again. :P

Perhaps we should switch to VVS also for the next month.

Edited by Leifr
  • Upvote 1

LOL Leifr, too true.  It reminds me, first target to deal with at opposition airfield is the radar tower.  Then defenders are lost.

Ribbon, not to worry, I have had some lovely Red bullets chewing up my Pe2 when flying in supplies or repair to out air fields.  I have myself also blasted at distance a P40 but luckily not doing much damage in the process and apologising when I learn of the mistake.  Hard to make things out at distance and I assumed a high flier to be Blue team.

In general, recently the communication has been horrible and Red team just seem in general to react to Blue Air Field attacks with the odd pilot actually trying to do something on the ground.  I do wonder why on the map Blue has more active front line air fields than Red?

Both sides have a rearward AF always active, no?

Since the map usually gets pushed instantly towards the Blue side their "rear" one essentially turns into an frontline one.

My guess, but I haven't looked at the map since Monday.

Edited by wellenbrecher

Yeah, the blue side has been constantly losing, because of the described reasons :) ... But please guys, you that have actually read the briefing and know what to do, don't abandon the blue side. If you do, then there's very little sense (or challenge for you) in the whole thing. Just reds winning more and more :)

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Thanks 1

"Luke: Vader... Is the dark side stronger? Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive."

- Star Wars IV

Hmm, maybe Kuban wouldn't be so big of an effort after all. About 8 airfields, 4 depots, and 2 factories per side. With 48 tank battles.

KubanPlan.png

• Like 4

5 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Ju-87, Ju-88, and He-111 have restriction to not use bigger than 1000 kg bombs. Bf 110 E-2 has restriction to not use 1000 kg bomb. Might put that to the G-2 too.

IMHO, best load to wipe airfield with 110 is the 12 x 50 kg :)

Aww, one of the things I always loved about your server was the unrestricted load outs. I had grown very fond of my trusty stuka with it's 1800 kg bomb. Such a pain to climb to altitude, but that beautiful cloud reaching for the sky . . . . 
please don't nerf my stuka ;)

2 minutes ago, =FEW=Herne said:

Aww, one of the things I always loved about your server was the unrestricted load outs. I had grown very fond of my trusty stuka with it's 1800 kg bomb. Such a pain to climb to altitude, but that beautiful cloud reaching for the sky . . . . 
please don't nerf my stuka ;)

I didn't think anyone would be so masochistic to take the Stuka with the 1800 kg bomb :D

3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Hmm, maybe Kuban wouldn't be so big of an effort after all. About 8 airfields, 4 depots, and 2 factories per side. With 48 tank battles.

KubanPlan.png

I would offer you Porky's sexual favours if that'd make this available quicker :happy:

3 hours ago, EAF_Starfire said:

"Luke: Vader... Is the dark side stronger? Yoda: No, no, no. Quicker, easier, more seductive."

- Star Wars IV

That's depressingly accurate actually.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

KubanPlan.png

Yes Kuban map please!

It would be nice to have some strategic objectives in mountain range area and some naval objectives, but what that could be to stay in Finnish virtual pilots style?

IIRC, ships are quite heavy for the dserver. Trouble with putting things on the mountain range area is that it's basically impossible to connect them with tank battles to the rest of the area. Thus, the supply/repair logic wouldn't really work. I even have doubts about using Novorossiysk because of its location.

4 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

IIRC, ships are quite heavy for the dserver. Trouble with putting things on the mountain range area is that it's basically impossible to connect them with tank battles to the rest of the area. Thus, the supply/repair logic wouldn't really work. I even have doubts about using Novorossiysk because of its location.

Darn!

Is there difference between moving ships and static ones regarding dserver performance?

Well any use of Kuban map is very wellcome!

1 minute ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Is there difference between moving ships and static ones regarding dserver performance?

Haven't tried, but most likely there is. That got me thinking if there is static ship blocks available...

8 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Haven't tried, but most likely there is. That got me thinking if there is static ship blocks available...

I think i saw static ships as objectives on WoL, however they were in the port.

I mean they place static ships on any part of the river and mark it as a port.

Another idea is to have bridges as objectives(regarless of the map), destroying them would slightly delay resupply, maybe re-route supply.

Just an idea, maybe now i'm going into extremes:blink:

15 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Another idea is to have bridges as objectives(regarless of the map), destroying them would slightly delay resupply, maybe re-route supply.

Just an idea, maybe now i'm going into extremes:blink:

I like the idea of interdiction missions.

Hitting bridges, railway hubs and using a huge load of 50kg bombs against truck convoys.

:biggrin:

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 1:41 PM, LLv34_Temuri said:

I didn't think anyone would be so masochistic to take the Stuka with the 1800 kg bomb :D

LOL, +1

Ok, given the effort required to get the Stuka airborne and then to altitude with a 1800kg bomb on board, you should get a medal just for effort.  How long does it take in general to get to target in that config with enough alt to dodge VVS and execute a good dive attack?

Kuban, yes, but with the update so VVS can have parity with the A20.

Bridges, Trains, Convoys (truck or boat), Artillery along the front lines banging away at each other especially with Katyusha's on the Red side of the Fence.  Along with the regular stuff )).

One can dream.

:sleep:

20180310171845_1.jpg

Edited by Leifr

On 9/3/2018 at 3:14 PM, EAF_Ribbon said:

Darn!

Well any use of Kuban map is very wellcome!

There are static blocks for most objects in the game. They have less options and take up less resources.

The non - static can be both passive or active if I remember correctly.

I think the difference is the load on server resources.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Leifr said:

:sleep:

I recommend grabbing BoM at some point. Worth the bang, supporting the best air combat sim there is. Aaanyway

The mission which is still running is in complete darkness. And I noticed before that the missions starts and end pretty late. It is possible to let the mission end a little earlier? I mean earlier morning missions are ok since it only gets brighter, but flying for two hours in darkness is kinda boring. Thoughts?

3 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

The mission which is still running is in complete darkness. And I noticed before that the missions starts and end pretty late. It is possible to let the mission end a little earlier? I mean earlier morning missions are ok since it only gets brighter, but flying for two hours in darkness is kinda boring. Thoughts?

I concur. It's boring and frustrating for me. I'd very much appreciate the option to skip this night missions. Its fun to fly at sunrise or sunset, but complete darkness is not and it only invites people to fiddling with monitors and ingame brightness. Nothing historical or immersive there. 

Also, so how long until I-16s get those 20 mm guns ? And what exactly was the reason behind disabling them ? 

12 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

I recommend grabbing BoM at some point. Worth the bang, supporting the best air combat sim there is. Aaanyway

Yes, eventually I will. I only bought Kuban a couple of months ago after sitting on the fence for so long between the two, I thought Kuban had the more interesting planeset. I would only buy Moscow for the JU-88 but I see it's not available on the server as a bomber configuration so...

1 hour ago, Leifr said:

Yes, eventually I will. I only bought Kuban a couple of months ago after sitting on the fence for so long between the two, I thought Kuban had the more interesting planeset. I would only buy Moscow for the JU-88 but I see it's not available on the server as a bomber configuration so...

The Ju-88 is a fantastic bomber. Pretty sure it will come :D

20 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

7 hours ago, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

Server is still stuck on a night mission, it appears restart might be needed. 

For some reason, the server was indeed stuck on running the same mission.

16 hours ago, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

Also, so how long until I-16s get those 20 mm guns ? And what exactly was the reason behind disabling them ? 

The second planeset has I-26s with 20 mm. I shamelessly copied the planesets from what was shown in TAW rules :)

7 hours ago, Leifr said:

Ju-88 is available in the second planeset.

If I remember correctly, the second planeset should come into action around noon tomorrow.