LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Youtube is full of videos in which lone fighters make multiple passes on VVS airfields without taking damage.   Obviously the longer they stay there the more chance they have of being hit but I think it wrong to imply it is impossible.    When flying VVS I have watched LW fighters vulch my field quite a few times and never get hit by AA.  On the other side I have attacked a LW field with four other fighters and seen one of us cut to ribbons by AA within seconds of getting in range and I have also danced over an undamaged LW airfield all alone in a Yak-1b taking out the AA and flown home untouched.  Nothing is impossible and nothing is guaranteed.

Generally, to increase your odds:-

1) Go with at least two other friends and one must get their attention from as far out as possible and keep fast and keep dodging while the others attack.  When the AA decides to switch targets then the first one attacks etc.

2) Never fly directly towards a gun that is shooting back and never fly directly over a gun.   Try to always fly at an angle to any guns & force the guns to track you,

3) Never fly away in a straight line.  Stay fast and keep making gentle turns and changing altitude.   Flying level at treetops will not save you even when there are trees in the way.

4) Try to attack in fast diving curves  with a few sharp drops, aim below the target initially before pulling up onto the target to shoot. Minimise the time you spend lined up on the target and then pull up in gentle weaving climb with some shallow dives or levels thrown in but don't climb all the way to attack altitude until you are further away,

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

OK, thanks lads. It gives us something to work with now!

New tour today, correct?

New tour today, correct?

No, I disabled the automatic tour change by month.

Might change the tour when the quarter changes :D

Youtube is full of videos in which lone fighters make multiple passes on VVS airfields without taking damage. Obviously the longer they stay there the more chance they have of being hit but I think it wrong to imply it is impossible. When flying VVS I have watched LW fighters vulch my field quite a few times and never get hit by AA. On the other side I have attacked a LW field with four other fighters and seen one of us cut to ribbons by AA within seconds of getting in range and I have also danced over an undamaged LW airfield all alone in a Yak-1b taking out the AA and flown home untouched. Nothing is impossible and nothing is guaranteed.

Generally, to increase your odds:-

1) Go with at least two other friends and one must get their attention from as far out as possible and keep fast and keep dodging while the others attack. When the AA decides to switch targets then the first one attacks etc.

2) Never fly directly towards a gun that is shooting back and never fly directly over a gun. Try to always fly at an angle to any guns & force the guns to track you,

3) Never fly away in a straight line. Stay fast and keep making gentle turns and changing altitude. Flying level at treetops will not save you even when there are trees in the way.

4) Try to attack in fast diving curves with a few sharp drops, aim below the target initially before pulling up onto the target to shoot. Minimise the time you spend lined up on the target and then pull up in gentle weaving climb with some shallow dives or levels thrown in but don't climb all the way to attack altitude until you are further away,

Couldn't say it better!

It require discipline on both sides, airfields are easier to destroy.

When flying VVS best tool for AA is yak1b and when flying LW Fw190A3 is my pick for AA (it's fast and nimble).

I see, so perhaps end of March now?

Couldn't say it better!

It require discipline on both sides, airfields are easier to destroy.

When flying VVS best tool for AA is yak1b and when flying LW Fw190A3 is my pick for AA (it's fast and nimble).

There have been some useful responses since I posted. We're currently enjoying flying the BF-110 as a squad, however I'm starting to feel that it can be quite a large target for the AA. I suppose it might be better to jump back into the 190 A5 to remove the AA first, then follow up in 110s.

That's cool. Another way to do it would be to change tour whenever the map is won?

About attacking AA, I'm trying to do it in a 109-F4 (lacking the 190), and it seems to me that the "diving oval" shown by Dart doesn't work well in BoX (either by accuracy or concentration of fire, you'll get hit sooner rather than later), while coming in (and exiting) as low and as fast as possible minimises the risk (partly due to less time in range, only problem is that you often find yourself in a head on with a fast firing flak gun that is extremely risky until you take it out). The real issue for smaller ground attackers is the 72-K fast firing AA, especially in tank bases since the concentration of them is just too high to avoid getting hit by one - and most hits result in either death or bail/crash. Airfields and other targets have them more spread out so you can take them out one at a time without exposing yourself to every flak gun at once in every pass.

The real issue for smaller ground attackers is the 72-K fast firing AA, especially in tank bases since the concentration of them is just too high to avoid getting hit by one - and most hits result in either death or bail/crash. Airfields and other targets have them more spread out so you can take them out one at a time without exposing yourself to every flak gun at once in every pass.

Yes the tank bases in the Finnish server can be very hard, nearly suicidal, for lone attackers as there are just so many guns crammed into a small space though I have got away with two or three passes on the fuel dumps etc a few times before deciding to go somewhere else.    If you really must attack a tank base alone then I would suggest you first look for the outlying guns.  There are often a few guns out in the surrounding fields that you can get without getting too close to the main concentration.  At least that cuts out a couple that would have been shooting at you when you attack the main part though even there you should look to see which ones are most isolated and try to attack them without going over any other guns during the attack or egress (then weave like hell!)

I see, so perhaps end of March now?

There have been some useful responses since I posted. We're currently enjoying flying the BF-110 as a squad, however I'm starting to feel that it can be quite a large target for the AA. I suppose it might be better to jump back into the 190 A5 to remove the AA first, then follow up in 110s.

No more tips from me, this month we fly VVS again but next month when we go Axis i will be happy to see you on our side  ;)

Yes the tank bases in the Finnish server can be very hard, nearly suicidal, for lone attackers as there are just so many guns crammed into a small space though I have got away with two or three passes on the fuel dumps etc a few times before deciding to go somewhere else.    If you really must attack a tank base alone then I would suggest you first look for the outlying guns.  There are often a few guns out in the surrounding fields that you can get without getting too close to the main concentration.  At least that cuts out a couple that would have been shooting at you when you attack the main part though even there you should look to see which ones are most isolated and try to attack them without going over any other guns during the attack or egress (then weave like hell!)

Yeah, I find Tank Bases are usually parked up next to a small tree line with a small clearing and another treeline covering the other side of the TB.  Of which, there is a crap load of AA ffire power in a confined space and some of them are right in the tree line.  One would assume that tank bases are temporary field stops on the front line and maybe in future if DServer can cope, it would be nice to have multiple Tank Bases for each AF attack position but maybe with less AA cover. 

I think it would be nicer to have more TB, less AA over each TB but then double the AA on the air fields having an outter AA ring and an Inner AA ring to make Air Fields more of a team work scenario.  If AI is worked on with a lower than Novice setting and another Novice to Normal Setting (current AI has to few skill settings in the lower spectrum), then more AA in general would be great.  As it stands AI is too good for it's own good to allow historic AA representation.

Maybe in 3.01, we will get multi threaded DServer which will also allow more action on the ground at the front with moving targets as well.  Be nice to pick off truck convoys where they fire back at you with their rifles and SMG's, or arty units along the front.  It is fun in QMB to do a ground target hunt as a German and fly over some Soviet Katusha MLRS systems.  They look great when they are banging away at a target.  I like to observe and then pick them off one at a time.  Trains are fun too but the Engines, wow those are indestructible.

We'll get there. :biggrin::fly:

I think it would be nicer to have more TB, less AA over each TB

I think you are misunderstanding what the Tank Bases are used for.   They are not just places where you can get ground kills so having more of them gives you more choice. They are central to how the dynamic map works and the number that can be attacked on each map has been carefully chosen to make it work properly.  You have to attack the tank bases to move the front lines so it concentrates the players in either of two places. If you have more tank bases then the action gets spread too thinly to be fun and it could mean one side can close a tank base too easily because all the defenders are at the other ones.  Closing tank bases faster means the maps restart more frequently which can be irritating if the map keeps resetting while you are still flying.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

They are not just places where you can get ground kills so having more of them gives you more choice. They are central to how the dynamic map works and the number that can be attacked on each map has been carefully chosen to make it work properly.  You have to attack the tank bases to move the front lines so it concentrates the players in either of two places. If you have more tank bases then the action gets spread too thinly to be fun and it could mean one side can close a tank base too easily because all the defenders are at the other ones.  Closing tank bases faster means the maps restart more frequently which can be irritating if the map keeps resetting while you are still flying.

Yes, Roblex pretty much nailed it. We did have four tank battles per map earlier, but we brought it down to make the mission smaller in hopes to not have the server crash so often. Though, with current max player limit of 50, three tank battles seems to be quite ok. We don't want the maps to rotate too fast, so that there's time for bombers to do runs on factories/depots. If it was possible, we'd actually freeze the time and rotate the mission only when tank battles have been resolved.

I have also toyed with the idea of stripping at least the MGs from the tank bases, or replacing the MGs with heavy flak. Let's see if I get to it :)

I have also toyed with the idea of stripping at least the MGs from the tank bases, or replacing the MGs with heavy flak. Let's see if I get to it :)

Hmmm  not sure about getting rid of *all* mgs.  The heavy flack is pretty much useless once you get close and fairly easy to dodge on the way in.  I am not even sure I *want* the AA weakened.   What I would like is for AA to not shoot through trees so I could at least come in low and drop behind the trees on egress :-)     I am guessing that is a game code flaw though unless a wall can be placed between the gun and the trees.    I remember once bailing out and landing on the other side of a small wood from the TB.  I landed fine but then all of a sudden all the base AA decided to zero in on me through the trees!  Weird considering how you can often crash land in the middle of the TB and be left unmolested.

Can the Mg range be reduced like you do with aircraft gunners so they wont fire unless the target is close?  I would probably still miss the sight of all that AA arcing up at me :-)   Longer reload times?

Hmmm  not sure about getting rid of *all* mgs.  The heavy flack is pretty much useless once you get close and fairly easy to dodge on the way in.  I am not even sure I *want* the AA weakened.   What I would like is for AA to not shoot through trees so I could at least come in low and drop behind the trees on egress :-)     I am guessing that is a game code flaw though unless a wall can be placed between the gun and the trees.    I remember once bailing out and landing on the other side of a small wood from the TB.  I landed fine but then all of a sudden all the base AA decided to zero in on me through the trees!  Weird considering how you can often crash land in the middle of the TB and be left unmolested.

Can the Mg range be reduced like you do with aircraft gunners so they wont fire unless the target is close?  I would probably still miss the sight of all that AA arcing up at me :-)   Longer reload times?

Yes, AAA shooting through trees is game flaw.  I've also been killed by the howitzers/rocket launchers when I've parachuted in front of a tank base :)

IIRC, the MGs have a built-in range already.

Field commands are not working, server seems to be stuck.

Yeah that was a problem last I flew too, about 16 hours ago.

Low level cloud was quite a challenge on ground attacking and also tank bases were not showing on map.  I was engressing for a run on a Northern VVS Air Field coming from a direct West heading thinking I would then turn North and hit the Air Base when all of a sudden, Surprise!  I was cut to ribbons but a Tank Base.

Was having a hard time of the Air Field as Cloud was low and couldn't get height for high speed passes without loosing my visual on the target.  It was an exercise in futility but I persisted.  Just not sure which LW bird to use for AA work, VVS is much easier with the p40 with its' shredding 50Cals or the La5 with HE canon loadout.  Lights up those AA gunners nicely.

Might try the 111 with 20mm gunner load out and see how my gunners do with attack ground target command LOL  Not quite Puff the Magic Dragon but they might take something out before I loose a wing.

It is a pity one can't 3D map AA field of fire, then shooting through forests could be off limits.  Maybe AI gets a look in after 3.01

The best plane for taking out AA is the FW190 closely followed by the 109/110.
Attacking AA alone is suicide though unless you take a ju88 and drop the 1,8 and 1,0 ton bombs in the middle of a tank base from a steep dive.

J

Yeah that was a problem last I flew too, about 16 hours ago.

Low level cloud was quite a challenge on ground attacking and also tank bases were not showing on map.  I was engressing for a run on a Northern VVS Air Field coming from a direct West heading thinking I would then turn North and hit the Air Base when all of a sudden, Surprise!  I was cut to ribbons but a Tank Base.

Was having a hard time of the Air Field as Cloud was low and couldn't get height for high speed passes without loosing my visual on the target.  It was an exercise in futility but I persisted.  Just not sure which LW bird to use for AA work, VVS is much easier with the p40 with its' shredding 50Cals or the La5 with HE canon loadout.  Lights up those AA gunners nicely.

Might try the 111 with 20mm gunner load out and see how my gunners do with attack ground target command LOL  Not quite Puff the Magic Dragon but they might take something out before I loose a wing.

It is a pity one can't 3D map AA field of fire, then shooting through forests could be off limits.  Maybe AI gets a look in after 3.01

Jump in your nose gun man the 20mm and kill things yourself.
He-111 with 20mm FF firing Mineshells is once of our best slow miving ground pounders.

Just fly Left hand stick right hand mouse from the nose gunner position

-------------------------

Also Bf110 with 800M Convergence.
fire MG at 1000-800m on the AAA gun (its suppressed, guys run away)
@ 250-400m Fire main Cannons (aiming low) at the AAA gun destroying it.

Edited by =TBAS=OccludedLight14

Love, love, love, loooove the server. But I'm thinking of giving it a rest until EAF flies Blue.

It's just too much for my patience to try and stay polite and everything when the Blues routinely have 10+ more players and yet you only have two or so apart from the lot that I fly with that bother to do ground attack.  :wacko:

Losing can be fun, but not like that  :P

• Upvote 1

Isn't this scenario a little ridiculous?

Russian airfield has been cut-off from the depot but is rebuilt within thirty minutes?

German Panzers on the east are cut-off from the depot but have zero replenishment.

Resupply really isn't working like it should be. Staritsa goes from CLOSED to OPEN in thirty minutes, it's not really worth the endeavour. Also, I too look forward to when EAF switch to Blue... take a break guys. :P

post-21075-0-65694600-1517697551_thumb.jpg

post-21075-0-69665400-1517697553_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leifr
  • Upvote 1

I feel your pain Wellenbrecher and Leifr.

When we flew LW last month or the month before, it was frustrating with the guys who didn't see the big picture.

Perhaps they don't want to?

The VVS side has a lot of competent Attack pilots/Squads that know what they're doing.

Some of them will tear up a tankbase in minutes! It's impressive to watch. Also I think the VVS is better equiped for the task(IL-2, Pe-2 etc).

But the FW190A5 is a very potent weapons platform if used properly. It's our weapon of choise as Ribbon said.

But when the EAF flies LW later this month(or sooner), I hope you will  join us on comms so we can coordinate, attack and win a few maps. 

It will be fun to wing up with you.

Cheers!

• Upvote 2

Yeah that sounds good. It will be nice to not be on the wrong of Ribbon's guns for once for sure  :lol:

We started out as Red pilots but seeing the Germans lose made us want to play for the "underdog", sheer numbers notwithstanding. 

I used to think that the VVS was way, way superior in the available planes for mud moving, but I have since come to love the 110 and the 190 for that purpose. I'd guess that one big issue is that Pe-2 and Il-2 are part of the base BoS game and that most (if not all) German planes that excel in that role are part of expansions or Premium and thus available to less people over all.

• Upvote 1

I think my hangover is affecting my reading skills.   First I could have sworn I saw someone say he is so p'ssed at the Blues having overwhelming numbers that he is looking forward to his whole squadron fixing the problem by...switching to Blue next campaign?  I must have read that wrong.  Now I read a post from someone acknowledging the Blue have the numerical advantage but he plays blue because they are the underdogs.   Maybe when my headache goes it will all make sense  ;)  :lol:

Eh, Roblex, the Blues are the "underdogs" insofar that what feels like something close to 90% of the players does nothing but circle around Temkino. So unless you have an inexplicable and irresistible itch to fly around there as a Red then yeah... the blue team is about as dangerous as a litter of five toothless kittens no matter the numbers when it comes to actually playing the objective.  :P

There's a reason why Red wins all the time and more often than not they do so with no real opposition (unless we're talking about Temkino AF for some god forsaken reason). With a handful more dedicated folks playing the objective (in this case the lot I fly with) the campaign is more interesting for everyone involved.

But now that I talked about it... what exactly is it about Temkino that makes the Temkino Circle Squad do nothing but circle around it all day err'day?  :huh:

Yeah that sounds good. It will be nice to not be on the wrong of Ribbon's guns for once for sure  :lol:

We started out as Red pilots but seeing the Germans lose made us want to play for the "underdog", sheer numbers notwithstanding. 

I used to think that the VVS was way, way superior in the available planes for mud moving, but I have since come to love the 110 and the 190 for that purpose. I'd guess that one big issue is that Pe-2 and Il-2 are part of the base BoS game and that most (if not all) German planes that excel in that role are part of expansions or Premium and thus available to less people over all.

c'mon i'm not that scary! ;)

Pounding tankbases with 109 and 190 takes away their E advantage and expose you at great risk if engaged by yak's so it should be performed wisely, doing wider circles and climbing more before taking another attack run.

VVS have some things better for ground pounding (nimble yak's for AAA, il2 and pe2 with 4x250 bombs) but LW also have it's tricks that can be used even better than VVS can.

I have few new tactics on my mind to try out once we go Blue and it demands at least 3 pilots so looking forward to fly with you and Lefir, you're a good and skilled pilots! 

S!

Edited by EAF_Ribbon
  • Upvote 1

Yes.

"Skilled". :P

post-21075-0-04475000-1517775115_thumb.jpg

Edited by Leifr

Isn't this scenario a little ridiculous?

Russian airfield has been cut-off from the depot but is rebuilt within thirty minutes?

German Panzers on the east are cut-off from the depot but have zero replenishment.

Resupply really isn't working like it should be. Staritsa goes from CLOSED to OPEN in thirty minutes, it's not really worth the endeavour. Also, I too look forward to when EAF switch to Blue... take a break guys. :P

The bug in that map situation is those tank battles active in the rear. Untamo is fixing this so that tank bases that lose connection to a depot/factory will be "cleaned" during next mission generation.

• Upvote 1

Not a complaint as such but a bit of feedback.  My squad are on the verge of permanently dropping the Finnish server for squad nights due to the way it is easy to 'game'.  They already vote to fly elsewhere 80% of the time but last night we flew Finnish.   After an hour of watching LW bombers fly suicide missions they were so disillusioned they were suggesting we take this server of the list of possible places to consider on squad nights.  What was happening is the bombers would  just dive vertically on a field from above the clouds with the biggest bomb they could carry with no plan beyond dropping the bomb before the AA gets them or their wings come off then getting another bomber to do it again.  There is nothing a defender can do because they can commit suicide faster than you can catch them.

Sorry to be so negative. We have flown the server for a long time and I don't want to leave it permanently.  I am just asking if you can consider looking at measures to stop kamikaze missions being so effective?  Something that stops players just treating bombers as expendable cruise missiles to be used up as quickly as possible so they can be back with another before the smoke has cleared.       I am not criticizing all LW pilots though.  JG26 flying 190s last night were awesome and ran rings round our Yak-1bs!   Also Rammjager put up a hell of a fight last night despite me badly damaging his engine early in the fight and he managed to shoot me down with incredible shooting accuracy before he died when I though the fight was already over - Doh! :-)    

Not a complaint as such but a bit of feedback.  My squad are on the verge of permanently dropping the Finnish server for squad nights due to the way it is easy to 'game'.  They already vote to fly elsewhere 80% of the time but last night we flew Finnish.   After an hour of watching LW bombers fly suicide missions they were so disillusioned they were suggesting we take this server of the list of possible places to consider on squad nights.  What was happening is the bombers would  just dive vertically on a field from above the clouds with the biggest bomb they could carry with no plan beyond dropping the bomb before the AA gets them or their wings come off then getting another bomber to do it again.  There is nothing a defender can do because they can commit suicide faster than you can catch them.

Sorry to be so negative. We have flown the server for a long time and I don't want to leave it permanently.  I am just asking if you can consider looking at measures to stop kamikaze missions being so effective?  Something that stops players just treating bombers as expendable cruise missiles to be used up as quickly as possible so they can be back with another before the smoke has cleared.       I am not criticizing all LW pilots though.  JG26 flying 190s last night were awesome and ran rings round our Yak-1bs!   Also Rammjager put up a hell of a fight last night despite me badly damaging his engine early in the fight and he managed to shoot me down with incredible shooting accuracy before he died when I though the fight was already over - Doh! :-)    

There are at least some possible of solutions for this:

1. Personal hangars. I'm not a fan of this, because currently the only way to restrict a player from using a plane not in his hangar is to kick him out. Plus we'd need to implement a system where the player can check what is in the hangar. I find this too clumsy.

2. Lower amount of available planes in general. This would be fine if everyone flew to survive. As that isn't the case, it hampers other players' game, as planes become unavailable faster.

3. Respawn penalty for dying. Easily doable as it's a server side setting. How long should this be, 5-10 minutes?

4. Allow planes with 1000+ kg bombs only from n "hops" away from frontline. Needs implementation in the background application to alter the available planes/mods during mission generation. We have a goal of developing the rolling planeset, so this could perhaps be done at that point.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

There are at least some possible of solutions for this:

1. Personal hangars. I'm not a fan of this, because currently the only way to restrict a player from using a plane not in his hangar is to kick him out. Plus we'd need to implement a system where the player can check what is in the hangar. I find this too clumsy.

2. Lower amount of available planes in general. This would be fine if everyone flew to survive. As that isn't the case, it hampers other players' game, as planes become unavailable faster.

3. Respawn penalty for dying. Easily doable as it's a server side setting. How long should this be, 5-10 minutes?

4. Allow planes with 1000+ kg bombs only from n "hops" away from frontline. Needs implementation in the background application to alter the available planes/mods during mission generation. We have a goal of developing the rolling planeset, so this could perhaps be done at that point.

In general I think people value their lives and planes too little. Some players seem to just discard their plane by belly landing or parchuting after ended sorties.

I think option two is definitely called for. The impact of plane losses is minimal, especially with the relatively small amount of players we usually have. However, I think there pretty much always has to be some basic, half decent plane to fly unless the airfield has been closed.

Option three is also interesting; I think it may help combat the reckless throwing away of planes (then to jump into a new one immediately), and instead encourage actually flying back to base and landing. Paired up with the above, I think that may go a long way to solve the issue at hand. Perhaps 5 minutes for plane loss and 10 minutes for death?

1. Personally don't like this approach. Some people just don't read the chat / have the HUD disabled, so it wouldn't work. They would be kicked from the server, wondering why, and never return.

2. This in addition to lengthening the interval of resupply from factories. Would force people to fly supply to the airfields when they start to run out of planes.

3. I'm just afraid, if the time penalty is introduced, that most people will just leave and go play on different server instead of waiting the penalty. I certainly wouldn't like it. I tend to do GA a lot, and even if done right, there is a high risk of death / loss of plane, be it by AAA or enemy fighters. It would feel like being kicked while already down :-/

4. Otherwise good, but we have so few airfields per mission on the map currently. There will always be the forward fields, but rear fields cannot be guaranteed. Factory airfields would qualify for this.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Perhaps 5 minutes for plane loss and 10 minutes for death?

There's only death penalty and respawn timeout settings.

Penalty timeout
The delay (in seconds) after a player is killed before they can respawn.

Respawn timeout
The delay (in seconds) after a player clicks "Finish the flight" until they can click the
"Start" button to respawn. The remaining time is displayed in the Start button.

I Been trying to get into the swing of the server but nobody ever on team speak (official bos)

is there another one most use on FP-DW?

Don't know what the others do but EAF uses our own TS server. But if we can all get on the same server would be great for coordination. I can't fly and type.

Axis should go organized, 2-3 109/190's dragging away flak while he111 or ju88 drop big bomb or just use level bombing from high alt.

However allies don't have such bombs so it can be unfair but i don't want to get into that discussion.

I would also like to see improvements that will force pilots value their virtual life a bit more.

Maybe limited number of planes without auto resupply so players would need to resupply it by themself.

Each plane resupply individually or just with single supply plane but overall pilots would appriciate their virtual lifes a bit more.

One of the biggest reasons of plane loss is amount of AA at the tankbases.

AA AI is sniper by default adding amount of them covering sky with rain bullets (it's a flakbase ;p) is suicide if going alone or in small numbers and i'm saying this for fighters and jabo while for bombers it's certain death which result in almost no use of bombers.

In that case i would limit bombload for german planes and reduce AA at the tankbases switching them with heavy flak (immersion wise).

So what if frontline will move faster.

I think old system regarding AA was better.

TL;DR:

Suggestion:

-Disable auto resupply, limit the plane numbers and force pilots to ressuply them by itself after being killed so they will value their virtual life a bit more.

-lower the number of sniper fast shooting AA at the tankbase and swap them with heavy flak

VVS can do this too. You can do this on any server, with any aircraft.

Heck! Some Luftwaffe pilots did it on the Storm of War server for Cliffs, it's nothing new. Most pilots seem to have zero regard for their virtual life or the machine carrying them, it's all too easy to discard and jump in to a new one seconds later. Some pilots have absolutely atrocious return rates on their machines. There definitely should be some form of incentive (or disincentive) to return both aircraft and pilot back home to a friendly airfield. As for the points listed above by Temuri, I am inclined to think that #3 and #4 would be most suitable. The penalty need not even be particularly long, a minute or so to perhaps nudge people closer towards the retaining of their virtual life. Why not tie the available bomb selection at each airfield to a supply rate in a similar manner to Coconut's server? If the airfield supply is drained, there can be no further ordnance until a supply run has been made.

To be honest, I'm somewhat tired of the repetitive nature of the tank-base battles. They're all too easy to 'game', as you've said, and seem a little contrived with the current set-up.

Edited by Leifr

Hey bro.

Allies will soon have a good bomber. A20 should even the score.

A20 is the reason why we decided to stay allies another month hoping it will be released this month.