Jump to content
LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Recommended Posts

Might I suggest adding the P-39 earlier in the war? The first ones made it to the Soviets in mid to late 41; sent by the Brits after they decided the Spitfire was a better option for them at the time. The numbers were limited, between 212 and 158 were received, some got lost in transit but that number is disputed, and the US then sent 5,000. The first batch of British p-39's were sent to the Ivanovo front, north east of Moscow for evaluation and training. The first combat use was in May of 42.

 

Not only would this be historical it might be fun to boot. I for one am very interested to see how the early models of 109 fare against this plane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Disarray said:

Might I suggest adding the P-39 earlier in the war? The first ones made it to the Soviets in mid to late 41; sent by the Brits after they decided the Spitfire was a better option for them at the time.

Not only would this be historical it might be fun to boot. I for one am very interested to see how the early models of 109 fare against this plane.

 

What is historical about flying early models of 109's against mid-war model of P-39's? Brits sent P-39D's to Soviet Union, we will have P-39L.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, II./JG77_Kemp said:

 

What is historical about flying early models of 109's against mid-war model of P-39's? Brits sent P-39D's to Soviet Union, we will have P-39L.

None!

 

BTW: The F-2 was operational on the Eastern front from the start.

Edited by EAF_Starfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, EAF_Starfire said:

None!

 

BTW: The F-2 was operational on the Eastern front from the start.

 

Yes, but server balance? :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, the E-7 ground attack version was used up until about September 42, so its availability could be increased (but again, in general I don't see why, except for historical accuracy, we should limit older planes).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leifr said:

 

Yes, but server balance? :salute:

I am a history buff and I play for the immersion.

There will be no real balance before both red and blue can fly all aircraft, so I don't give a damm about balance. I am in this for the immersion and the reinactment :cool:

58 minutes ago, Porky said:

Also, the E-7 ground attack version was used up until about September 42, so its availability could be increased (but again, in general I don't see why, except for historical accuracy, we should limit older planes).

How about giving no limits on older ac?

Or count the resupply double if one takes the obsolete aircrafts?

36 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I'd be fine to have the 109 F-2 and the MiG-3 in the rotation in the first set already.

 

Np with me as long as the optionel 20 mm cannon is removed.

 

BTW I have an excel file with frontline aircraft availability for the maps in the old IL2 1946.

Made by a German guy who also did some work on the mods for the game.

Any interest?

Edited by EAF_Starfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, EAF_Starfire said:

Np with me as long as the optionel 20 mm cannon is removed.

 

BTW I have an excel file with frontline aircraft availability for the maps in the old IL2 1946.

Made by a German guy who also did some work on the mods for the game.

Any interest?

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some problems arose on the server side after the update. We will try to get the server back up ASAP.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

Some problems arose on the server side after the update. We will try to get the server back up ASAP.

Although I'm finding it a bit challenging mustering up motivation to settle the server issue while my own game client just crashes...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem was found to be the missing update on MissionResaver. This forces us to bypass the resaving process, so instead of loading the compressed .msbin file, you have load the big .Mission file. This of course makes loading times longer. But the server is now up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's currently an issue with the stats system. Vaal is aware of the issue, so we are waiting for the fix. Until we have the fix, the stats won't be updated. The stats website works, so it's possible to check the Current Mission Information there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/3/2018 at 12:05 PM, Porky said:

Also, the E-7 ground attack version was used up until about September 42, so its availability could be increased (but again, in general I don't see why, except for historical accuracy, we should limit older planes).

 

 Actually I see now that it's used by some squadrons up until at least March/April 43! (Replaced by the Fw 190 A-5) Excuse me, I'm just a bit of a sucker for this old lady.

Edited by Porky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

No more stutters or lag:biggrin:....after depot and tb

Really?! :O Don't kid me now, as I can't start my own game to come verify :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Really?! :O Don't kid me now, as I can't start my own game to come verify :)

No lag or stutters!

But there is no indication on map when tanks break trought, tgere is just message in the chat

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Really?! :O Don't kid me now, as I can't start my own game to come verify :)

No kidding! It feels more smooth.

 

Taking a break. Had a tooth pulled yesterday :wacko:

Ill be back later after a nap.

 

BTW: There are an issues with the mods due to the update. When you take a plane the first time, all the mods are locked. By picking the airfield again and the aircraft, the lock is gone :wacko:

I think it is a bug :unsure:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

No lag or stutters!

But there is no indication on map when tanks break trought, tgere is just message in the chat

No lag or stutters is great! Hats off to the devs. Maybe the dserver crashes have also been resolved...

Need to check the language files for the breakthrough indication.

 

9 minutes ago, EAF_Starfire said:

No kidding! It feels more smooth.

 

Taking a break. Had a tooth pulled yesterday :wacko:

Ill be back later after a nap.

 

BTW: There are an issues with the mods due to the update. When you take a plane the first time, all the mods are locked. By picking the airfield again and the aircraft, the lock is gone :wacko:

I think it is a bug :unsure:

Yup, a bug. I read about this somewhere else too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did a few flights here tonight, and damn ! what a difference. I didn't notice any annoying stutters. Going a bit off topic I tried a p39 on another server, and I feared the mirror with clouds on kuban was bound to give my vr fps a turn for the worse. 

I was wrong ! steady 45 fps which is pretty good for me in VR.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Really?! :O Don't kid me now, as I can't start my own game to come verify :)

Can confirm.  No stutters or lag last night online just poor flying by yours truly (me).  p.s. sry to the VVS I shot down, I thought you were just a neub German who had left his Nav lights on.  In the dark with Nav lights on, hard to make out fighter profile.

 

The map looked gorgeous and on my system frames were good and smooth 80 - 120 or so pending on aircraft and alt.  VVS though had the 2 front line air fields with much distance between and Supplies running from the other side of the map.  Would be nice to have supplies move up with the Front line but I know, got to give Jerry a chance. ))

 

But yes, server baby bottom smooth and not crashing.  Few bugs in load out selection and not seeing the little tankers dots on the map as they move forward or broken through message on map.  Big bug with my pilot not being able to navigate and going cross-eyed staring at the monitor admiring the terrain in the process.  :biggrin:

 

I had done quite a bit of campaign flying earlier in the day testing out Kuban and P39 so my eyes were a bit shot too.  Did I mention how beautiful the thing looks???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, blitze said:

Few bugs in load out selection and not seeing the little tankers dots on the map as they move forward or broken through message on map.

IIRC, this radar/spotting issue was there some versions ago too. Posted about this on the bugs section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

IIRC, this radar/spotting issue was there some versions ago too. Posted about this on the bugs section.

Oh.

 

BTW, talking of Radar, given the new shiny look of BoX, would you paint the Radar huts in Safety Orange at the Air Fields for us?  Just so we know that the workers inside are safe when we go down hard on the airfields and shoot them up??

 

:cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that we all love the increased visibility distance, but could you please add some more clouds, snow and rain!?

I am not kidding. I love the hardship of navigating in piss poor weather.

While we are at it, rain please ;)

The new rain drop effects are gorgeous  :biggrin:

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night there was a winter map online so I dont exactly see rain happening. But if you want that rain than perhaps we could get back to summer/autumn map ? I somehow dont feel comfortable navigating over snowy Russia. Everything looks the same. 

 

Kuban map plz ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, =362nd_FS=Hiromachi said:

Last night there was a winter map online so I dont exactly see rain happening. But if you want that rain than perhaps we could get back to summer/autumn map ?

 

In my post I wrote: "..... add some more clouds, snow and rain!? "

 

So either you are being ironic/sarcastic or just an ass. Neither are qualities I praise in writing. Please refrain from it as I feel compulsed to answer in kind as I do not find it funny.    

Edited by EAF_Starfire
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whooa, I only wrote my observation and expressed desire to change the map season. None of this was exactly aimed to cause impact in a manner you seem to be suggesting. Either you completely misunderstood me or you are emotionally unstable. But very well, lets just say that I will stop replying to your posts from now on so you wont have to do the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season is randomized every time the server starts(after a crash etc.), but is thereafter persisted, and changes like this if it starts with summer for example:

summer -> summer -> autumn -> autumn -> winter -> winter... rinse and repeat.

And the chance for rain is 10% if I recall correctly... the intensity is random. If no clouds, then no rain check is made :)

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Someone recently posted a video of his first flights in an A20 and he had very light snow falling.  It looked really nice but did not cause much of a problem with visibility.  That would be cool to incorporate in the occasional Winter map :-) 

 

Here it is

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there are clouds (as in, not completely clear skies), the chance for precipitation (be it rain or snow) is 10% on our server.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tonight there was an interesting weather in the server mission, there was a heavy fog almost from the ground up to 5.000 ft where a very thick clouds started. Clouds were so thick that I could not see enemy He-111 even when flying behind it some 50 yards. 

Weather variation is nice but this was extreme :) I'm not sure in reality anyone would be flying in such conditions. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aren't the missions a bit too short now with only two tank battles?

 

It was hardly viable to do long range missions before, and now you'd have to do it only just after mission change, if at all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I agree with Hiro. The weather today was of a kind where sorties would be canceled - very little ability to navigate by landmarks due to low visibility, and no real capacity to find, let alone fight enemy planes.

 

I don't mind cloud banks or somewhat adverse weather conditions, but being essentially blind, I do mind very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Porky said:

Aren't the missions a bit too short now with only two tank battles?

 

It was hardly viable to do long range missions before, and now you'd have to do it only just after mission change, if at all.

I wonder if lowering the object respawn times would help? People would need to be destroying the depots and factories, so that objects in tank bases wouldn't respawn so quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...