LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

2 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

Well, there shouldn't be any delay in the supply done by air. And it was working on Saturday when I flew last... Well, in the next iteration I will add some more logging to debug this.

The plane that you had received might have been from factory supply...

The supply aircraft was a He111 taken from the air-spawn.

BTW: It seems that only the Ju52 is available from ground spawn-points.

I would very much like if you made the He111 available as well as time are usually of an essence when it comes to supply as long as the Red side dos not have the C-47 copy.

Or you should start implementing a difference in supply depending on the supply aircraft flown....

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =SA=Semz said:

I'll go play with those who have more pilots.  /  Пойду играть к тем у кого больше пилотов.

I crashed all the planes, I'll go to another team to beat.  /  Разбил все самолеты, пойду в другую команду бить.

I have planes in all the teams and I do not care about the value of life.  /  У меня есть самолеты во всех командах и мне плевать на ценность жизни

I am really glad for the implementation of the personal hangar as this makes it easier to hunt down parachute killers like you and making your play experience as bad as it does to those of us who you 'chute-kill' :angry:

And you don't have to change to blue side as they have Staiger, who we will treat equally well when we go back to Red side:excl:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

We just added He111H6 to factory airfields as a supply plane : )

I added a chat message confirmation to whenever someone on your side supplies an airfield. Message format: "<airfield name> was supplied by <player name>".

Just now, EAF_Starfire said:

@LLv34_Untamo

Are there any registration in the server logfile of when pilots are killed in the parachute?

Well, there are separate log entries for the  pilot being killed and pilot parachuting out of an airplane. Combined, these could be used to detect chute killing... But how to discern them from accidental/unintended cases? That might be very hard, at least programmatically. If someone does it a lot more than others... that could be analyzed... after gathering data of course.

If there are clear cases of chute kills, please provide recordings. Chute killing is forbidden and punishable offense, if done deliberately.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

I added a chat message confirmation to whenever someone on your side supplies an airfield. Message format: "<airfield name> was supplied by <player name>".

Well, there are separate log entries for the  pilot being killed and pilot parachuting out of an airplane. Combined, these could be used to detect chute killing... But how to discern them from accidental/unintended cases? That might be very hard, at least programmatically. If someone does it a lot more than others... that could be analyzed... after gathering data of course.

If there are clear cases of chute kills, please provide recordings. Chute killing is forbidden and punishable offense, if done deliberately.

The message of resupply is fantastic. Thanks.

I was not aware that chute killing was forbidden, but I will relay this to the rest of EAF as well as spreading the words when I chat with other players :salute:

1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Server is now running the rolling planeset which is roughly following the TAW planes list. The planeset will change once a week, so it will roll over after eight weeks.

Could you clarify on this Temuri?

I do not own BoM and was therefore excluded from the earlier missions in the TAW campaign. It would be a shame if my flight-time on Finnish was affected too, it's the only server I fly on.

As for the side-registration, no particular strong feelings here. There are other servers available if one is looking for a locked-campaign experience (TAW), and mandatory registration. I enjoy Finnish for the mix of casual and hardcore pilots, it would be foolish to strip away one of the better aspects of this server over any others. I've noticed quite a few new players recently and I don't think they would have appeared with regularity if the server demanded a registration form. Perhaps though, a period of twelve hours between changing sides would be an ideal trial for a week or so?

• Upvote 1

As the number of killed pilots doesn't affect the ongoing battle at all, I see no point in chute killing, other than the killer wanting to be a d**k or wanting his virtual d**k to be bigger than others'. :)

• Thanks 1

Well, the rule says:
- Gentleman rules are of course appreciated (no chute shooting etc.). No insulting other players.

But generally I think deliberate chute shooting is such a dick thing to do, that I would go as long as ban someone, if they do it repeatedly. You don't gain anything from it, it's just plain bad behavior.

7 minutes ago, Leifr said:

I do not own BoM and was therefore excluded from the earlier missions in the TAW campaign. It would be a shame if my flight-time on Finnish was affected too, it's the only server I fly on.

First set has:
Germans
bf109e7, mc202s8, bf110e2, he111h6, ju87d3 and additionally ju88, ju52 as additional paras/repair/supply.

Russian

i16t24, p40e1, il2m41, pe2s35, and additionally the Pe2s87 as additional paras/repair/supply.

So if you want to fly fighters, it's off to the plane shop for you then, or a hiatus of one week ;)

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Man, I'm a little disappointed in this choice of direction. It seems that I cannot now fly on Finnish unless I own Moscow? :mellow:

Casual flying dude, it's what Finnish (seemed) to be about... This is not (and should not) be like TAW.

I mean, if I may ask, why do you feel that this change is necessary?

Edited by Leifr

Well, you can fly, but your choices might be limited.

This has been quite a lot requested feature for quite some time.

Just now, LLv34_Untamo said:

And we've wanted to do the rolling planeset since we first started the server :)

Just now, LLv34_Untamo said:

Well, you can fly, but your choices might be limited.

Yes, limited to the HE-111 and the JU-87... boy am I so lucky. :o:

I don't recall seeing any requests in this thread. It seems like a quick way to stifle server growth to me, especially given, as I said earlier, that there seem to be many new players on and about.

Oh well, it's your server guys.

I'm just sad that I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I can fly in an aircraft of my choice.

22 minutes ago, Leifr said:

Yes, limited to the HE-111 and the JU-87... boy am I so lucky. :o:

I don't recall seeing any requests in this thread. It seems like a quick way to stifle server growth to me, especially given, as I said earlier, that there seem to be many new players on and about.

Oh well, it's your server guys.

I'm just sad that I'll have to wait a couple of weeks before I can fly in an aircraft of my choice.

What, you don't want to fly the Ju-87???

What is wrong with you man... :P

Just arm it up and go move some mud somewhere where Reds are not focused.  Let your hair down.

As for Chute Killing, I must say I have been relatively lucky not to have the pleasure of being targeted by such but, it is a dick move and one that apparently seemed popular in TAW due to the death timeout.  Also, I am quite aware of the issue and on Finnish, am sure not to have my pilot hanging in his parachute harness any longer than I have to.  With TAW you had a 15sec timer on mission exit which gave said Chute Killers enough time to come round and line up a shot.

Rolling Plane Sets, may be restricting in one sense but they do get people into rides that they might not otherwise have bothered with as most when given the choice go with the most modern and performing plane they can.  It would be fun to have the Spit V with the 109 F2/4 and the 190 A3 but the Mig will suffice.

Edited by blitze
Additional thought

1 hour ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

First set has:
Germans
bf109e7, mc202s8, bf110e2, he111h6, ju87d3 and additionally ju88, ju52 as additional paras/repair/supply.

Russian

i16t24, p40e1, il2m41, pe2s35, and additionally the Pe2s87 as additional paras/repair/supply.

So if you want to fly fighters, it's off to the plane shop for you then, or a hiatus of one week ;)

Will this also happen to the Armour?

I ask becourse the T34 (and others) was a seldom sight at the start of the war.

No this will only affect available planes.

Sadly no, at least at this point. I actually had not thought about this. Good idea!

BTW, with the rolling planeset the 109E-7 becomes interesting as a Fighterbomber (JABO) instead of the the Fw190 ;-)

EDIT

Which have been sadly neglected by blue pilots :(

Edited by EAF_Starfire

3 minutes ago, EAF_Starfire said:

BTW, with the rolling planeset the 109E-7 becomes interesting as a Fighterbomber (JABO) instead of the the Fw190 ;-)

I've used the E-7 mainly as a turn&burn dogfighter down on the deck. :) 

I like the idea of registering ahead of campign but in TAW there are two problems:
-no SSL on site that require  you to put my email/login in

-extremely unbalanced sides - start of TAW often saw games with 1 allied vs 20 axis or 3vs40, etc

I think there should be option to switch sides at least temporarily if there is huge disproportion like that. It ain't fun to play where every single AF is vulched by 6+ enemies and there are basically no-one to help.

TAW allow you to switch log-in and fight for the other side but I'd rather appreciate option to switch it via website instead and retain my own nick

Edited by przybysz86

The unbalanced sides can be an issue with 24/7 servers like ours and TAW. Personally, I don't mind much about it. It's anyway a game.

Some time ago, me and Untamo were discussing having a campaign where squads would register (although I think the idea came from EAF), and the campaign missions would be flown on certain nights, and after each mission we would store the situation for the next campaign night. In the meantime, the "regular" 24/7 war would be running. This way we could reserve half of the slots in the mission to the registered squads. This could maybe lead to more organized flying.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I've used the E-7 mainly as a turn&burn dogfighter down on the deck. :) 

Never thought of that :huh:

I did not think that this server would go with "rolling planeset". It seems too restrictive...

I like the general idea of it due to the fact that it's hard to justify taking up the early planes when you have enemies in significantly better, late planes. However, it really doesn't work well in practise because, obviously, not everyone owns all the planes in the game. Especially the early era is problematic for several reasons (few choices for those only owning BoS, and for VVS especially, planes that few players want to fly, etc.) and I expect that the server population will drop drastically during that week.

Another consideration I have though, is that this may be necessary when Bodenplatte comes out. However, I think we need to be more flexible on this server to preserve the somewhat casual feel.

May I suggest: two or three "eras" instead of the eight (?) on TAW, and also instead of restricting both ways, only restrict newer planes (meaning in the late eras you can still fly older planes). 

For example, it could start with the BoM and some additional (early) BoS planes (e.g. regular Yak-1 and 109 F-4), then add on the rest of BoS and BoK, and last of course Bodenplatte.

• Upvote 1

I wonder how the feel would be if the Yak and the Fw190 was removed from the equation :huh:

I am a big fan of both but they are both very very good in their own way.

10 minutes ago, EAF_Starfire said:

I wonder how the feel would be if the Yak and the Fw190 was removed from the equation :huh:

I am a big fan of both but they are both very very good in their own way.

Well, they cancel each other out quite nicely. Although, I see relatively few pilots take the FW190 and would think the better comparison be the Yak1b and 109F.

1 hour ago, EAF_Starfire said:

EDIT

Which have been sadly neglected by blue pilots :(

If I may suggest, perhaps it's because fewer folk own Moscow and therefore do not have access to the E7?

The 190A3 is quite accessible given that it was one of the original pre-order bonuses on launch and is featured regularly as a separate purchase under a heavy discount.

Edited by Leifr

I like the idea of rolling planeset as i like to fly all of those birds.

Also i would like to keep players like Leifr on server even we go on opposition side, so that gives me mixed feelings!

Maybe some compromise can be done.

I mean eventually as il2 expands it was matter of time you guys implement this, with upcoming Bodenplate thing would become weird.

Also personal hangar idea came out great, other night we were defending Staritsa and i was resupplying airfield with ju88 (love that plane) so our guys can defend it.....it did bring new roleplay!

As seen lately some guys doing chute killing i'm glad you forbid it.

Is shooting downed/crash landed plane also forbiden cos some of them do that also?....in my opinion it's the same as chute killing but i can live with it.

It's their disgrace!

5 minutes ago, EAF_Ribbon said:

Is shooting downed/crash landed plane also forbiden cos some of them do that also?....in my opinion it's the same as chute killing but i can live with it.

It's their disgrace!

I understand shooting/vulching planes that are taking off, but what is the gain in wasting ammo on an already downed plane?... Baffling.

1 minute ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

I understand shooting/vulching planes that are taking off, but what is the gain in wasting ammo on an already downed plane?... Baffling.

When objective in question i do strafe airplanes on takeoff or spawned ones so i have nothing against it, it's our duty to do anything to win the objective.

But some guys do starfe already downed aircraft, they already got the plane kill but they return to kill the pilot and that is the same as chute kill in my opinion.

On airfield it can be questinable cos you don't know is that plane going to roll or not even damaged, but outside airfield when plane crashes/emergency land in forrest or filed i think it's same as chute killing.

Maybe for those who don't own all 3 titles BoS/M/K instead of 8 planesets there could be 4 carefully picked planeset.

I own every plane in BoX so i'm ok but again i like server being populated lately and i would like keep pilots like Leifr and Wellenbrecher even they shot me down many times when i flew red. 😁

I hope they will buy missing planes!

• Upvote 1

I own all three games/"products" so it won't affect my overall ability to play, but I too am slightly concerned for overall player numbers in the none-BoS timed weeks.

And, as has been said before, I definitely absolutely can see the appeal and it probably makes for nicer matches if it works. However, at the same time it will more than likely scare off or outright prohibit a good many folks from playing.

Really, if the choice is nothing but 111 or 87 for example then IMO it won't be much of a choice at all for anyone but the most dedicated pilots. :wacko:

Who likely already owns all three "products" anyway.

/edit

The Devs tendency to call the three games "products" is disgusting. It smacks too much of UbiSoft and EA for my tastes.

Edited by wellenbrecher
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, LLv34_Untamo said:

I do not have a recording of the incident but I flew a sortie with my squad mate the other day and he got killed in a parachute. He bailed out safely and some time later reported to me that he was chute-killed. His sortie log shows that clearly:

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/log/152232/?tour=19

I hope the player who did that gets a warning.

Cheers,

Cina

• Upvote 1

First post on this thread. I don't personally update the mission briefing / statistic site, so I don't know why they are missing there.

5 minutes ago, wellenbrecher said:

Really, if the choice is nothing but 111 or 87 for example then IMO it won't be much of a choice at all for anyone but the most dedicated pilots. :wacko:

Who likely already owns all three "products" anyway.

Point.

A (what I assume) to be new player joined the server two days ago and asked why he was not able to fly the 190. He was told to fly a supply aircraft (111) in order to be able to access it, he quit pretty quickly and left to join another server (WoL I guess?). If folk can't be arsed to fly one mission in a 111 to acquire the aircraft of their choice, how do you think they'll feel about being forced to fly one for extended periods of time? Wellen is correct in suggesting that players who are OK with being forced in to the 111 and JU87 are likely already veteran players and/or have some bizarre fetish for flying coffins, they'll also likely already own all three games.

Applying a limited planeset, matched to each title, will choke the server and possibly discourage new players. The Finnish server has been very popular in recent weeks, it's been refreshing to see and I would hate to see the numbers drop because of this implementation. In theory I am all for this, I have always been a stickler for accuracy but never at the expense of game play. If you want to do this, I would advocate that there is at least some overlap between the BoX titles on each mission so that a player may access at least something from the BoS title other than the HE-111 and JU-87.

• Like 1

If chute shooting is not allowed (I dont see it on the rules, check pic below), then vulching should not be allowed either, I fail to see the difference from shooting a player hanging on a chute to vulching someone on the ground with their engine off.

bs.JPG

22 minutes ago, Leifr said:

Point.

A (what I assume) to be new player joined the server two days ago and asked why he was not able to fly the 190. He was told to fly a supply aircraft (111) in order to be able to access it, he quit pretty quickly and left to join another server (WoL I guess?). If folk can't be arsed to fly one mission in a 111 to acquire the aircraft of their choice, how do you think they'll feel about being forced to fly one for extended periods of time? Wellen is correct in suggesting that players who are OK with being forced in to the 111 and JU87 are likely already veteran players and/or have some bizarre fetish for flying coffins, they'll also likely already own all three games.

Applying a limited planeset, matched to each title, will choke the server and possibly discourage new players. The Finnish server has been very popular in recent weeks, it's been refreshing to see and I would hate to see the numbers drop because of this implementation. In theory I am all for this, I have always been a stickler for accuracy but never at the expense of game play. If you want to do this, I would advocate that there is at least some overlap between the BoX titles on each mission so that a player may access at least something from the BoS title other than the HE-111 and JU-87.

Best aircrafts to fly in VR are ju-88 and he111!

Some things are doable, some new players pop in server, ram you on the runway or waste their planes quickly and than leave server which is good.

They will go fly on softer servers and get back once gather more experience providing more quality gameplay on Finnish, so i like that!

I don't want drama kids in Finnish chat like there is on WoL so pesonal hangar is good filter.

Also there is always someone willing to do supply runs providing new aircrafts for everybody.

Edited by EAF_Ribbon