LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Well, I've explained it in the server description, and many times over here in the discussion. But here goes again:

Airfield capture is enabled by winning the tank battle that is right next to the airfield. There can be many tank bases between the tank base you see in the mission and the airfield you want to capture. You just can't see them (so well) in the mission. See the http://il2missionplanner.com/#virtualpilotsfi map to see exactly how many steps there are.

You can see them in-game also, just not so well. Look for the lines between the tank base and the airfield. If there is a black line going straight from the tank base to the airfield, it will be the one that enables the capture. But if you see color (blue/red) line between them, there is more battles to be fought before you reach the field. Every angle and crossroad in the line is a tank base (that isn't in the current mission).

Every time you win a tank battle, the battle advances to the next (until you reach the airfield). If you advanced next to the airfield in this mission, in next mission rotation you might be able to be capture it, if there is a tank battle next to it. There might not be, because there are lots of active combat zones along the border, and only 3 (current setting) are picked to the mission randomly. When all tank battles have been resolved in one mission, the mission is rotated to give you the next battles.

To see where the repair is coming to an object (be it on airfield, tank base or depot), use the "<field" command. It will tell you the current respawn times of the objects and what depot / factory is the closest, as in, what repairs it. For example, Ghatsk airfield has alias of "f1", so the command would be "<field f1".

Thanks!

Sorry i didn't knew things has changed, i thought it was old system.

Well, this system has been like it is for a pretty long time :) .. Only major thing we have touched in few months is the motti logic, which we watered down a bit, because it caused some unforeseen problems. Otherwise, the system hasn't changed.

Than i was lucky before, or i was using motti tactic for too long :)

Anyway thanks for explaining and sorry for bringing it up.

I thought i knew how it works that's why i didn't check server mission description.

Will do in future!

This server seems really nice and immersive, but why are icons for airplanes enabled on the map?

This server seems really nice and immersive, but why are icons for airplanes enabled on the map?

You are seeing planes in the radar circle of the airfields. Outside of the radar range you can't see them, and the airfield radar can be destroyed. It is a small hut with an antenna on top. If you plan on attacking an enemy airfield, it should be a priority target to remove the defensive advantage it gives.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Well, what the in-game mission result shows and what is written in the mission log (which the stats then process) have been seen to differ somewhat. As in, many times, I've been "destroyed" according to the chat message, but then landed the plane with "100% in service" mission result, and the guy that shot me, got a kill of me according to in-game result. And according to the stats, he didn't. So... it's a bit fuzzy :)

Thanks.  That makes perfect sense.  I have that as well; the game saying I have been shot down when I landed OK at my airfield but with some unimportant damage.  

You are seeing planes in the radar circle of the airfields. Outside of the radar range you can't see them, and the airfield radar can be destroyed. It is a small hut with an antenna on top. If you plan on attacking an enemy airfield, it should be a priority target to remove the defensive advantage it gives.

That's cool! I take it only the owners of that airfield can see the icons then...

Thanks for the answer!

S!

The server is rebooted by the watchdog, we don't have to do it manually anymore :) ... The Java command software used to send us an email when the DServer jammed. Now it just tells the watchdog to reboot everything.

Seem to be some lag in the server reporting back.  Wouldn't let me spawn out, in the meantime I was killed by a strafe.  Radar also seemed to be stuck.

Is there a possibility to see a weather report on the top of the briefing page?

It would be good to have wind direction and speed.

Is there a possibility to see a weather report on the top of the briefing page?

It would be good to have wind direction and speed.

I think this has been requested before... We will implement it in the near future.

• Upvote 1

I think this has been requested before... We will implement it in the near future.

Awesome to hear, thanks!

The server seems to have a little problem right now. Capture doesn't work and every single flight counts as cancelled no matter what. Maybe a restart is in order or something?

Someone on the other team said something in chat about resupply not working for them either.

Don't want to presume, haven't been using it for long.

Which leads me tro:

The experience is FANTASTIC! Thank you for this.

/edit

And I just now saw the little message at the bottom of OP. I shall bother you via email in a second! :P

Edited by wellenbrecher

Updated Vaal's stats system to the latest version, so after the next mission rotation you should start seeing contents in the "Virtual Lifes" section of pilot information.

Updated Vaal's stats system to the latest version, so after the next mission rotation you should start seeing contents in the "Virtual Lifes" section of pilot information.

It seems to've ended all virtual lives though. I lost my career without dying: http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sorties/5283/Porky/?tour=19

Was concerned that the bailout killed me, but it appears that I died some time yesterday or earlier today.

I think everyone that has played since the stat change lost their streak...

EDIT: Well, not a big deal, and understandable that it'll be way too much to ask to manually restore the streaks.

Something else: Seeing as this server runs very long term missions, would it be possible to have some kind of carry-over of streaks/virtual life from one month to another?

Edited by Porky

Hey folks;

I'd like to report fbach556 for teamkilling while a gunner on the ground. Multiple witnesses. 

http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/sortie/log/129149/?tour=19

Cannot get into the sortie for him, because he was a gunner. Saw one other incident in chat.

Looking at the logs, it seems he stopped the teamkilling after the system gave him the final warning.

On the server some aircraft flying like a UFO ( На сервере некоторые самолеты летающие как НЛО ).This is bad for the game (Это плохо для игры ). It is necessary to limit the tolerance for ping to the server ( Надо ограничить допуск по пингу на сервер).

On the server some aircraft flying like a UFO ( На сервере некоторые самолеты летающие как НЛО ).This is bad for the game (Это плохо для игры ). It is necessary to limit the tolerance for ping to the server ( Надо ограничить допуск по пингу на сервер).

Ping isn't the problem. It is the bad netcode of the game. Most players on our server have ping under 100ms.

I think there's a problem with the server, everyone is reporting the same. :salute:

post-21075-0-37741800-1516293012_thumb.jpg

It's not like a bad network code game

I don't think those icons showing plane, allegiance, and distance are supposed to be enabled on this server...

fJbZbPa.jpg

I think there's a problem with the server, everyone is reporting the same. :salute:

Woah, that's a weird effect :D ... We did edit the weather file... will revert.

And it also corrupted the save files :( .... We have to reset the situation.

It's not like a bad network code game

That is exactly what the bad netcode does. Even though the enemy player has good ping, the plane is warping and jumps around randomly.

I don't think those icons showing plane, allegiance, and distance are supposed to be enabled on this server...

You can see icons when you playback it from track.

I am afraid there is a bit of a bug somewhere.   I flew a sortie in a Fw190-A5 at 19:43 tonight, never fired my guns,  just dropped one 500kg bomb on a hangar then got disconnected a few minutes later before I reached my next destination.   My log shows I fired 2300 bullets and hit nothing.   I was about to write it off as one of those silly stats that does not actually affect your score but then noticed that my gunnery accuracy has been halved by that sortie.

I am afraid there is a bit of a bug somewhere. I flew a sortie in a Fw190-A5 at 19:43 tonight, never fired my guns, just dropped one 500kg bomb on a hangar then got disconnected a few minutes later before I reached my next destination. My log shows I fired 2300 bullets and hit nothing. I was about to write it off as one of those silly stats that does not actually affect your score but then noticed that my gunnery accuracy has been halved by that sortie.

I believe it’s a game bug with how things are logged which happens on all servers and needs to be corrected by the devs. If a player ends flight without landing (mission ends, disconnect, whatever), game log counts all remaining ammo as being fired without a hit. I think it also happens if the plane crashes? At least that’s what I’ve seen on many different servers, so I assume it’s just an overall game big. That’s why I hardly look at my own or other’s gunnery accuracy, it’s not correct.

Edited by HenHawk

The server has been very unsteady tonight. It has booted out players twice within an hour, and I just received my third D/C... that'll do for me tonight, I suppose. :(

The server has been very unsteady tonight. It has booted out players twice within an hour, and I just received my third D/C... that'll do for me tonight, I suppose. :(

Yup, I was DC'd twice as well

Yup, I was DC'd twice as well

I give up after the first disco now.  I noticed that all my scores were being halved by a 'Fairplay Index', looked it up and realised that every time I get disconnected it reduces all my subsequent scores by 10% so the night I got booted five times was wrecking all my scores.   It only recovers at 5% an hour so it took me a long time to get back as if you get another disconnect within two hours you are back where you started.    

I asked the person who wrote the stats system to change it so the penalty does not get applied if you have taken no damage and fired no weapons and he said that can be done by the server owner.  Temuri is aware but he was not sure he had the data to make the decision.     Of course in my recent case I had just dropped a bomb so would have to just suck it up but sometimes you find you are getting repeatedly disconnected just a few minutes after take-off and getting penalised for that sucks. 

Nice server but need live map.

'Live Map'?   You mean you want the front lines to keep moving while you are flying?   What server does that? 

I give up after the first disco now.  I noticed that all my scores were being halved by a 'Fairplay Index', looked it up and realised that every time I get disconnected it reduces all my subsequent scores by 10% so the night I got booted five times was wrecking all my scores.   It only recovers at 5% an hour so it took me a long time to get back as if you get another disconnect within two hours you are back where you started.    

I asked the person who wrote the stats system to change it so the penalty does not get applied if you have taken no damage and fired no weapons and he said that can be done by the server owner.  Temuri is aware but he was not sure he had the data to make the decision.     Of course in my recent case I had just dropped a bomb so would have to just suck it up but sometimes you find you are getting repeatedly disconnected just a few minutes after take-off and getting penalised for that sucks. 

I changed the disconnect penalty to 0 already.

Nice server but need live map.

The mission is currently already as big as the dserver can handle (and maybe slightly bigger). So if by "live map" you mean that new tank base battles activate right after one is resolved, it just can't be done.

I changed the disconnect penalty to 0 already.

OK thanks.   I did wonder why my penalty currently showed 95% instead of 90% after I disco'd.  I assumed that I had just ticked over an hours flying and got 5% back.      Can I just check though that turning off the penalty has not also stopped the 5% per hour recovery process?

Are you planning to bring the penalty back with some rules ie Only if someone disconnects when heavily damaged?    I am worried now that we will see an upsurge in enemies vanishing in front of us just as we were about to get the kill.   I understand if that is too hard,  I am just asking.   You said you were not sure you had enough info to do it properly but you could at least apply the penalty when someone has had the 'shot down' message then disconnects.  That would at least catch people who have had their engine killed but cheat to avoid getting pilot killed as well.

OK thanks.   I did wonder why my penalty currently showed 95% instead of 90% after I disco'd.  I assumed that I had just ticked over an hours flying and got 5% back.      Can I just check though that turning off the penalty has not also stopped the 5% per hour recovery process?

Are you planning to bring the penalty back with some rules ie Only if someone disconnects when heavily damaged?    I am worried now that we will see an upsurge in enemies vanishing in front of us just as we were about to get the kill.   I understand if that is too hard,  I am just asking.   You said you were not sure you had enough info to do it properly but you could at least apply the penalty when someone has had the 'shot down' message then disconnects.  That would at least catch people who have had their engine killed but cheat to avoid getting pilot killed as well.

At least your latest sorties seem to have 100% index.

I don't think we'll be implementing the rule you mentioned. This is a kind of functionality I'd expect Vaal himself to add to the stats system some day.

In any abuse cases, it's recommended to report the player to us with proof (sortie details with recorded track/video).

Hi Temuri.

I fly VVS pretty much exclusively, however I have an interest in flying some lesser-used Luftwaffe aircraft (BF110). Is it possible to set up two profiles on the statistic website so that I may keep Red and Blue separate?

'Live Map'?   You mean you want the front lines to keep moving while you are flying?   What server does that? 

I mean Live map in the "Finnish Virtual Pilots Association's IL-2 Battle of Stalingrad server's statistics page" ((((((((http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/?tour=19)))))))  same with tactical air war. ;)

t3QNaoQ.png

Edited by TURK_Barbarossinan

On the rights side of the stats page, click under "Situation at the Front". This will take you to il2missionplanner.com and show the situation on our server.

Server down? I can't see it on the list all the afternoon...

Edited by Robinus
  • Upvote 1