LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Missed the Rpk, but that's mostly me being a lousy navigator.

I have a hypothesis why the homing beacon/rpk doesn't work. Might be it doesn't work if the NDB object is spawned. Have to check this out.

I have a hypothesis why the homing beacon/rpk doesn't work. Might be it doesn't work if the NDB object is spawned. Have to check this out.

Don't loose to much time over it. It's just a small feature and mostly useful for when flying home at low alt or in bad weather. The rolling planeset sounds plenty more interesting :) 

Now would be a good time to get Battle of Moscow from the ongoing sale, since we'll have the rolling planeset on the server starting this Friday evening.

Now would be a good time to get Battle of Moscow from the ongoing sale, since we'll have the rolling planeset on the server starting this Friday evening.

So are you following exactly the same pattern as TAW ie will Fridays map only allow I-16s on the Allied side and we have to wait for map #2 to be allowed P40s?    Also,  how long will each map be up for?  Not all our squadron has BoM or intends to buy it so we need to know how long we must fly elsewhere before we can come back.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

So are you following exactly the same pattern as TAW ie will Fridays map only allow I-16s on the Allied side and we have to wait for map #2 to be allowed P40s?

No, first set will have the P-40 (like it also says in the TAW "Map #1"). So the first fighter matchup will be 109 E-7 & Mc 202 vs. I-16 & P-40.

Edit: note that we are not implementing any loadout/modificaiton restrictions (at least not yet) or combat mission functionality.

Thinking about 1 planeset = 1 week. So next week's Friday will have the next set.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

No, first set will have the P-40 (like it also says in the TAW "Map #1"). So the first fighter matchup will be 109 E-7 & Mc 202 vs. I-16 & P-40.

Sorry, I just saw that but was not quick enough to change my question before you replied :-)      How about the time for the maps to change? I am not 100% sure that everyone in my squad has either BoM or P40.  I think we do so it should be OK.   I m looking forward to being forced to fly the I-16 :-)   

I think we do so it should be OK.

Yeah, and currently BoM is less than one bar night's worth of money, to put it into perspective. ;)

• Upvote 1

Yeah, and currently BoM is less than one bar night's worth of money, to put it into perspective. ;)

Alcohol is expensive in Scandavia. Here in the UK I can get about 6 pints for the cost of BoM and I cannot drink that much any more  :blink:    I need more practice  ;)

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Alcohol is expensive in Scandavia. Here in the UK I can get about 6 pints for the cost of BoM and I cannot drink that much any more  :blink:    I need more practice  ;)

I once received good advice from a Russian guy: "Every time you drink half a litre of vodka, you need to eat well too!" :)

First planeset in the Rolling Planesets implementation is now running on the server. Also fixed a glitch which caused too many airfields to be in motti.

As a result, the situation was reset to start state.

Is there a good reason why an early war map insists on using the later war PE2s for paratroops and supplies?   I dont own BoS but thought as I have BoM  I would have no problem being able to fly everything in the first maps.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Is there a good reason why an early war map insists on using the later war PE2s for paratroops and supplies?   I dont own BoS but thought I would have no problem being able to fly everything in the first maps.

Oh crap. Forgot to change those :/

Edit: fixed now.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Upvote 1

Hi Temuri,

Yesterday 56th squad flew some sorties. We encountered Hs 129 strafing our tank base. I would like to ask you a question about it. Is this plane allowed in the current Axis plane set? Looking at the table it should be available from the 5th rotation.

Cheers,

Hi Temuri,

Yesterday 56th squad flew some sorties. We encountered Hs 129 strafing our tank base. I would like to ask you a question about it. Is this plane allowed in the current Axis plane set? Looking at the table it should be available from the 5th rotation.

Cheers,

Yes. Removed it. Originally was thinking the Hs-129 is an old design, but the B-2 didn’t enter service that early.

hi! server is hanged... :(

Restarted.

Yes. Removed it. Originally was thinking the Hs-129 is an old design, but the B-2 didn’t enter service that early.

MK101 would be historical from Apr 1942 onward, the only standard difference between the B-1 and B-2 was the fuel system as far as the aircraft itself went... so locking out the MK103 wouldn't be too egregious a violation of historicity :P

• Upvote 1

Restarted it in the evening, but the damn thing jammed again a bit later. Running now.

It is hard to be popular  :biggrin:

KG4 are regular participants on this server, it's one of our favourites.

Thanks from all of us for what you do. 

I would like to thank you for the implementation of a log file which are use during normal map rotation as well as server hangs.

I is a stroke of genius.

As a ground attack guy, knowing that you work is not wasted even though you did not have enough time to destroy a target by yourself. Is an enormous motivation to join, even if you only have time for a single sortie.

Thanks Guys

Aww you guys :blush: ... Getting recognition for the hard work is appreciated :)

I would like to thank you for the implementation of a log file which are use during normal map rotation as well as server hangs.
I is a stroke of genius.
As a ground attack guy, knowing that you work is not wasted even though you did not have enough time to destroy a target by yourself. Is an enormous motivation to join, even if you only have time for a single sortie.
Thanks Guys

The whole map situation (which is in the memory of the Java commander program) is stored in the JSON files once every minute. So, in a case of very bad luck, like you making a bombing run, and then the server instantly crashing, losing a part of your actions is still a theoretically possible, but thankfully highly unlikely :)

Lately i've been having a warning message about teamkilling when i log into server, along with constant kicking (maybe my internet is problem) but i don't get that warnings about teamkilling since i don't have even friendy fire situations.

Also when i'm being kicked from sever it counts me as killed

Lately i've been having a warning message about teamkilling when i log into server, along with constant kicking (maybe my internet is problem) but i don't get that warnings about teamkilling since i don't have even friendy fire situations.

Also when i'm being kicked from sever it counts me as killed

Could you say when was the last time you got those warnings, so we can check the logs?

Could you say when was the last time you got those warnings, so we can check the logs?

He did yesterday when we won the map. 

One of the times he recieved it, we bombed a depot. I was circleing high (1000m+) as I was out of bombs, while Ribbon dropped bombs.

We where no more than 5 on the server. All on Allied side, and the rest where elsewhere.

Later Ribbon got this messages when he was all alone against a depot  :o:

Annoying and quite strange  :unsure:

The server and stats have been migrated to Dual Xeon X5680 @ 3.33GHz 32Gb RAM machine (yeah, we are hoping for multithreading support) :)

Currently, the "Situation at the front" link displays old situation. This will change once we get things updated. Other things should work ok.

Tell us if you encounter problems.

Edit: the "Situation at the Front" link now displays current situation. Thanks you curiousGamblerr!

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

I had another very silly idea for the campaign, to give the Ju52 a bigger role. How about making it able to drop supplies onto friendly tank bases, which will trigger a large tank attack(maybe with double the current number of tanks?). It will get more people to fly the transport bird, and makes sense as well, since it was occasionally used to supply tank spearheads in enemy territory.

• Upvote 1

I had another very silly idea for the campaign, to give the Ju52 a bigger role. How about making it able to drop supplies onto friendly tank bases, which will trigger a large tank attack(maybe with double the current number of tanks?). It will get more people to fly the transport bird, and makes sense as well, since it was occasionally used to supply tank spearheads in enemy territory.

We would have done this already if there was a Russian transport plane available to make it even for both teams. :)

Had some time to fly on the server yesterday. Was good fun! Thanks to everyone who was there.

The red side tried to capture Gzhatsk many times, but failed to realize the airfield was repaired rather quickly by the Tesovo depot that opened after the first or second(?) wave of attack. The radar at Gzhatsk was also operational the whole time, so it was nice to see the enemy plane formations approaching ;)

Edit: there was also a bug: I brought a repair plane to Gzhatsk when the airfield was closed, but for some reason the game didn't let me "Finish Flight" and I was destroyed on the runway. However, the repair went through, even though it in this case shouldn't have.

The logs show it clearly:

T:622447 AType:2 DMG:0.772 AID:2518019 TID:1702942 POS(106732.750,143.615,85347.102)

T:622448 AType:3 AID:2518019 TID:1702942 POS(106732.750,143.615,85347.102)
T:622450 AType:2 DMG:1.000 AID:2518019 TID:1583134 POS(106732.531,143.836,85348.891)
T:622451 AType:3 AID:2518019 TID:1583134 POS(106732.531,143.836,85348.891)
T:622455 AType:4 PLID:1702942 PID:1583134 BUL:3416 SH:0 BOMB:0 RCT:0 (106732.750,143.615,85347.102)

Where PLID:1702942 was me. AType:3 (destroyed) came before AType:4 (finished flight).

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

Edit: there was also a bug: I brought a repair plane to Gzhatsk when the airfield was closed, but for some reason the game didn't let me "Finish Flight" and I was destroyed on the runway. However, the repair went through, even though it in this case shouldn't have.

I've also seen this. Is it a BoX bug or a server bug or a mission bug?

S!

Bug found and squashed. Server back up.

Clarification: The repair getting through even when Temuri was destroyed before finishing flight...

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

I've also seen this. Is it a BoX bug or a server bug or a mission bug?

Which one? :)

The not letting Finish Flight has something to do with BoX itself.

The repair going through even though plane was destroyed is a bug in our background java application. Untamo has it fixed now.

• Upvote 1

Which one? :)

The not letting Finish Flight has something to do with BoX itself.

The repair going through even though plane was destroyed is a bug in our background java application. Untamo has it fixed now.

Uups...   Sorry for the ambiguity. I meant the "Finish flight" bug... but, okay, that's a BoX bug. Let's hope the devs look into it at some point.

Good news that Untamo has patched up the java bug. Thanks!

Had some time to fly on the server yesterday. Was good fun! Thanks to everyone who was there. The red side tried to capture Gzhatsk many times, but failed to realize the airfield was repaired rather quickly by the Tesovo depot that opened after the first or second(?) wave of attack. The radar at Gzhatsk was also operational the whole time, so it was nice to see the enemy plane formations approaching  

Blue was not much better last night.  They tried to capture Temkino but we fought them off and brought in supplies to rebuild it.  They then tried again to land on it even though it was not closed so we shot them down again.   They did not take out the radar at any point either so we could see them attacking each time.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex
  • Upvote 1

Just a note: tonight (22:40 UTC) there has been a Red tank base at 1704,5 directly next to the Blue airfield Dugino 1704,9. Flying ground attack for Blue we got several warnings we were firing at the own side. We're 100% sure all of the stuff in that tank base was Red (T-34 etc). So it might have been some confusion because the Blue airbase so close to the Red tank base ...?

Just a note: tonight (22:40 UTC) there has been a Red tank base at 1704,5 directly next to the Blue airfield Dugino 1704,9. Flying ground attack for Blue we got several warnings we were firing at the own side. We're 100% sure all of the stuff in that tank base was Red (T-34 etc). So it might have been some confusion because the Blue airbase so close to the Red tank base ...?

I have noticed a few times that when I record a track while attacking tank bases and play it back with icons turned on there seem to be a mix of red & blue icons on my friendly base as I fly over. I have never investigated it though.

Thanks, might be there's some tank defense blocks that have the country set wrong. Just to clarify, was this the "Fires on a friendly" message or a teamkill warning?

Two of us (216th-Nocke and me) got both messages - after a nice 500 kg hit I was kicked because of teamkill. Sorry for the Red pilot who might have lost a kill due to that! Directly after the bomb-run my Ju-88 was wrecked by him, good shooting.

Logs show entries about both German and Russian blocks being destroyed at the same time:

2017_11_11-00_34_29 - Player: 216th_Retnek ID: d6cac7b0-4e9d-4c76-9e56-f7fc614fcb49 destroyed ground object(TK) 1704__AMMO_GER type: arf_ammo_2[16644,5]
2017_11_11-00_34_29 - Player: 216th_Retnek ID: d6cac7b0-4e9d-4c76-9e56-f7fc614fcb49 destroyed ground object 1704__AMMO_RUS type: arf_ammo_2[18032,5]
2017_11_11-00_34_29 - Player: 216th_Retnek ID: d6cac7b0-4e9d-4c76-9e56-f7fc614fcb49 destroyed ground object(TK) 1704__AMMO_GER type: arf_ammo_2[16644,7]
2017_11_11-00_34_29 - Player: 216th_Retnek ID: d6cac7b0-4e9d-4c76-9e56-f7fc614fcb49 destroyed ground object 1704__AMMO_RUS type: arf_ammo_2[18032,7]
2017_11_11-00_34_29 - Player: 216th_Retnek ID: d6cac7b0-4e9d-4c76-9e56-f7fc614fcb49 destroyed ground object(TK) 1704__AMMO_GER type: arf_ammo_2[16644,4]
2017_11_11-00_34_29 - Player: 216th_Retnek ID: d6cac7b0-4e9d-4c76-9e56-f7fc614fcb49 destroyed ground object 1704__AMMO_RUS type: arf_ammo_2[18032,4]

This suggests it's a bug in how the java application handles the mission generation, as the mission template doesn't have overlapping ammo block there. Untamo needs to investigate this :)

Sorry if I missed it, but is there any news on when RPK10 might be introduced for all Russian airfields?

Thanks in anticipation.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman