LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

Can you restard the server? Cant destroy anything, server doesnt answer messages etc.

Hei Untamo,

Was having fun last night on your server.  There was some frame stalls occuring when hud was posting info on destroyed objects, I wonder if that might be a player lag thing,the player with whom the messages were being posted?

For you Jabo drivers, 190"s, attacking the red airfield, had a fun time dancing my Lagg3 with you all. S!

Kiitos kovasti. :)  :wacko:

Yep, we (I mean me, Solty, Campbell and few other folks) had a great fun last night though I've noticed a few things:

- framerate I get on this server is far lower than on any other I've been flying so far. It seems to be extremely loaded with objectives.

- over some targets AA seems to be respawning (?). I cant be certain, but been attacking a defensive position east - north east of Nazaryevo (or whatever its called) and first time we've killed all aa along with plenty of other targets, but then upon returning we were welcomed by aa at full strength. That was weird and if indeed aa is respawning after some time then I find it wrong.

- all luftwaffe guys fly only a 190s, wish I could tangle with some Folgore, Emils and other aircraft but mostly encountered only 190s :(

There was some frame stalls occuring when hud was posting info on destroyed objects, I wonder if that might be a player lag thing,the player with whom the messages were being posted?

Those messages come via the background java application triggering server input commands in the mission. We don't know why the lag spike happens at that point.

- framerate I get on this server is far lower than on any other I've been flying so far. It seems to be extremely loaded with objectives.

- over some targets AA seems to be respawning (?). I cant be certain, but been attacking a defensive position east - north east of Nazaryevo (or whatever its called) and first time we've killed all aa along with plenty of other targets, but then upon returning we were welcomed by aa at full strength. That was weird and if indeed aa is respawning after some time then I find it wrong.

- all luftwaffe guys fly only a 190s, wish I could tangle with some Folgore, Emils and other aircraft but mostly encountered only 190s :(

There are quite many objects in the mission. For example, each tank base pair has 60+ objects (defense lines and attacking tanks). Given that there are four tank battles in a mission, that amounts to 240+ objects from the tank bases alone. Add to that the airfields, factories, and depots, and i would say we generally do have more objects in the mission than other servers. I'm eagerly waiting for some performance improvements that were hinted to take place after Kuban.

The respawn times of the objects (in your case AA) come from the distance (in tank battle "hops") between the airfield/tank base and its nearest depot or factory. So it may well be that you destroyed everything, but since there was a depot close, the "supply" got to the base before you returned. Use the "<field <tank base number>" number command (e.g. "<field 2011") to get info where the supply for the base is coming from.

Eventually we'll want to have a rolling planeset implemented, where the war starts with the early war planes and progresses to the late war planeset. No ETA for that yet, though.

I only have Battle Of Kuban at the moment.  I am happy that I am able to fly Spit & IL2 there and I assume that I will be able to fly the new BoK aircraft as they appear but will I be able to use the A20 for capture & Resupply when it comes?  The PE2 does not come with BoK and cannot be bought separately.     Fantastic map by the way!

One quibble, I do not fully understand what all the map icons mean and there does not seem to be a key.  The airfields & factories are obvious but what about the Red & Blue circles?  Are they places I might find tank battles?   What about the icons that seem to show when an airfield is under attack?  Is there just the one icon or are there several types that I need to know the meaning of?  Also,  are there any 'soft' targets eg trucks & ground artillery that a fighter might manage to destroy with bullets?

Good point about the A-20 for capture & resupply, I think we'll add the possibility. Note however, that we will be implementing the rolling planeset in future, so I encourage you to buy BoS and BoM to be able to fly on our server, and the devs deserve your support too. :)

The red and blue circles indicate where the tank bases are located.

When an airfield is capturable, it will show the "Close and capture airfield" text on top of the airfield spawn. As for the airfield spawn icon itself, the upper part of the spawn is red when enemy planes are nearby. This is a built-in functionality of the airfield spawn objects. The lines between tank bases etc. indicate where the battle will progress after one side manages to win a tank battle.

You can find soft targets like AAA and howitzers at the tank bases, and some others at airfields. Check http://ts3.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/faq/ for examples.

Thankyou.  It is all clear now though I have a tiny bug report now.  

I have just been flying and took engine damage from AA but returned to my own airfield OK.   The problem is that the engine stopped just as I was touching down but I had already dropped my power to zero anyway and was about 5ft above the runway so it did not affect my landing. A message came up just as my wheels were touching the runway to say that an AA gun had destroyed me and my post-flight briefing said I was only getting 50% points because I had crash landed. As I had made a perfect landing on my own airfield I think your scoring mechanism is a bit oversensitive and needs adjusting.    By all means apply the 50% rule to people who land in a field, maybe even someone who has made a belly landing on his airfield and written off his aircraft,   but no matter how much damage a plane has taken, if it lands safely on its wheels back at a friendly airbase it would always be counted as a successful sortie and if the damage was done by an enemy pilot he would not get any kill credit.

Edited by 56RAF56RAF_Roblex

That's something we have no control over. In addition, the score on our stats site is not affected by what % it says in game when you Finish Flight.

We had a blast wining the last map, the ground war system is the best of any multiplayer server.

I found another bug though:
LlASzin.png

Sometimes at the start of the mission tank bases will spawn tanks to attack the enemy base, but some of the objects that belong to the tank base will be enemys of the tankbase itself.
This leads to the tankbase and freshly spawned tanks shooting up each other.
Also if you try to attack the enemy tankbase you will get a freindly fire warning, eventhough the tankbase is definitely enemy and even shooting at you.

And i got another proposal:
How about being able to repair tank bases by dropping supply crates from a ju52?
Would it be possible to give the russian team a ju52 aswell, maybe force the selection of a russian skin on the ju52? I think i saw this on another server some time ago.

• Upvote 1

I tried this server this morning and thought it was really good! To be honest, I found the mission briefing a bit confusing, but I suspect that is just because was was new to it, and was still figuring things out. Regardless, I had a lot of fun.

How about being able to repair tank bases by dropping supply crates from a ju52?

Good idea. I fly the Ju 52, so having more tasks for the Transportkorps would be great!

There seems to be an issue with server for me and few other folks, we try to connect to it and once bar reaches right side we just got kicked back to menu. There are 10 people online supposedly, but none of us can join despite many attempts. Perhaps server needs to be restarted ?

We had a blast wining the last map, the ground war system is the best of any multiplayer server.

I found another bug though:

Sometimes at the start of the mission tank bases will spawn tanks to attack the enemy base, but some of the objects that belong to the tank base will be enemys of the tankbase itself.

This leads to the tankbase and freshly spawned tanks shooting up each other.

Also if you try to attack the enemy tankbase you will get a freindly fire warning, eventhough the tankbase is definitely enemy and even shooting at you.

And i got another proposal:

Would it be possible to give the russian team a ju52 aswell, maybe force the selection of a russian skin on the ju52? I think i saw this on another server some time ago.

Nice to hear people are enjoying the server :)

Yup, the "tank rush" bug is known, although I haven't found the root cause yet. It causes the tanks to launch an attack in mission start, even when they shouldn't.

There seems to be some problem also in the "tank base reversal" function. The tank bases are oriented one way in the mission file (usually russians in the east), but player action (flanking) might force the tank base to be other way round. There must be a problem in this bit of the code. Thanks for bringing it up :)

A sound idea, but will take some time to implement.

There seems to be an issue with server for me and few other folks, we try to connect to it and once bar reaches right side we just got kicked back to menu. There are 10 people online supposedly, but none of us can join despite many attempts. Perhaps server needs to be restarted ?

Yes, it had jammed again. Now restarted.

I think the server fell down tonight. I was hunting in a 110 near target when went from map screen to black and no response.  Had to kill il2 with task manager and I couldn't get back on the server.

It was fun until then.

I think the server fell down tonight. I was hunting in a 110 near target when went from map screen to black and no response.  Had to kill il2 with task manager and I couldn't get back on the server.

It was fun until then.

Yeah I rebooted after a jam at about 20:00 EET.

It is intended that sometimes AAA "respawns" in a defense position? I attacked one and took out all of the AAA, but like 5 mins later a single position respawned and had to take it out two more times. Once I destroyed it 2 or 3 times (in like 5 min intervals) it stopped respawning.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Cant do any damage to SOME of the Objects on Tank Base 2010, Server was not down

Can someone explain something for me about the game mechanics?    Last night I saw the map said 'Panzers have broken through' so I flew to where it said that and could not see anything apart from what looked like an empty tank base.I expected to see a division of Panzers driving along the road or across fields in that area.    I then thought I remembered that those lines from the tank bases are supposed to show where tanks go when they break through and maybe they destroyed a friendly tank base on the way and are heading East so I followed along that route shown by the lines but still saw nothing.    

Did I just miss seeing the tanks?  Am I misunderstanding what that message on the screen is telling me?  Am I misunderstanding what those lines mean (the ones that start Red in the West then turn Black near the front line then turn Blue as they go East)?

Cant do any damage to SOME of the Objects on Tank Base 2010, Server was not down

We're you firing at the targets, or did you use bombs? I noticed after this new patch, that in some cases my gun tracers just vanish after flying ~100m and there is no sign of impact on the ground / target. Might be a bug in that came with the patch.

Can someone explain something for me about the game mechanics?    Last night I saw the map said 'Panzers have broken through' so I flew to where it said that and could not see anything apart from what looked like an empty tank base.I expected to see a division of Panzers driving along the road or across fields in that area.    I then thought I remembered that those lines from the tank bases are supposed to show where tanks go when they break through and maybe they destroyed a friendly tank base on the way and are heading East so I followed along that route shown by the lines but still saw nothing.    

Did I just miss seeing the tanks?  Am I misunderstanding what that message on the screen is telling me?  Am I misunderstanding what those lines mean (the ones that start Red in the West then turn Black near the front line then turn Blue as they go East)?

The message "German panzers / Russian tanks have broken through" means that the tanks have already won the tank battle, and they have been despawned (to save server resources). If you see a message "German panzers / Russian tanks are attacking", then they are somewhere between the two tank bases driving towards the enemy base.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo
  • Upvote 1

Had a ball on this server last night.

The Allies were well out matched so thought it might be fun fighting the LW.

Shot down straightaway by a pair of 109's.  Came back searching for them but only managed to come across the LW airfield and was promptly attacked by a number of AC.  Decided to run away but ended up going head-to-head with a damaged 109.  Fortunately for me my Yak 1b is a fairly robust craft and came away better off, but damaged and so had to set down in a field whilst being still chased by a number of 109's.

Finally, with about 15 mins left before I had to go I took up a I-16 and came across 3 Stukas doing a great job of destroying some of our tanks. Somehow I managed to take out 2 of them (with a little help from AA) and lost sight of the 3rd before being chased away by a 109.  Managed to land back at base with a smile on my face.

Not the manliest of sorties but those who run away are free to fight another day!  ;-)

• Upvote 3

Many thanks for a very nice well thought out server.  Our squad is starting to get into BoX now and your server seems like one of the best that we have tried so far.  We may well become regular visitors :)  Just one special request, if it would be possible, please could we have RPK-10 enabled for Russian airfields.  I believe RPK-10 is historical and correct and it would be great to be able to use this feature along with all the others available. 

Thank you for your consideration.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Many thanks for a very nice well thought out server.  Our squad is starting to get into BoX now and your server seems like one of the best that we have tried so far.  We may well become regular visitors :)  Just one special request, if it would be possible, please could we have RPK-10 enabled for Russian airfields.  I believe RPK-10 is historical and correct and it would be great to be able to use this feature along with all the others available. 

Thank you for your consideration.

Homing beacon not working is an oversight. I had left the beacon channel for each ndb object as "0". Will need to change them.

The message "German panzers / Russian tanks have broken through" means that the tanks have already won the tank battle, and they have been despawned (to save server resources). If you see a message "German panzers / Russian tanks are attacking", then they are somewhere between the two tank bases driving towards the enemy base.

Thanks for that. :good:   I will know to take up an IL-2 if I see "German Panzers are attacking" and look between my base and theirs.   That still leaves me puzzled about what the lines mean though.  If the Panzers have broken through then I assume that means the Russian tank base was overrun and I thought that meant they would continue along one of the known routes until destroyed by Air attack or one of the next targets they meet.  For example, look a this pic taken today:-

deskto10.jpg

I thought this was telling me that after breaking through, the panzers would head SSW to Gorstovo (or just 'rematerialise' at the red line N or Gorstevo) to attack the airfield then if any survive they head for either Mozhaysk or Klimentevo depot and attack there.    If that is not what the lines mean then what do they mean?

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

I thought this was telling me that after breaking through, the panzers would head SSW to Gorstovo to attack the airfield then head for either Mozhaysk or Klimentevo depot and attack there.    If that is now what the lines mean then what do they mean?

The lines show where the tank battle will advance, i.e. in the next mission there may be a tank battle active in the direction of the line. The lines also show the supply/repair route "hops".

Note that there are multiple tank battles in a "contested" state, and from those contested tank battles we currently pick only four into each mission. It's done this way to limit the mission size so that it doesn't get too heavy.

The lines show where the tank battle will advance, i.e. in the next mission there may be a tank battle active in the direction of the line. The lines also show the supply/repair route "hops".

Note that there are multiple tank battles in a "contested" state, and from those contested tank battles we currently pick only four into each mission. It's done this way to limit the mission size so that it doesn't get too heavy.

Thanks.  I think I understand now.

Homing beacon not working is an oversight. I had left the beacon channel for each ndb object as "0". Will need to change them.

Many thanks Temuri :salute:

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman