=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

23 minutes ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

And who told you there will be such stop ?

Either server is a stop, or there will be lots of acrobatics and flare launching :-D

Of course we will be silent, and accept everything that is imposed on us.

Happy New Year

American military lingo to follow:

The stoppages in the campaign remind me of "mandatory fun" in the Army. The exact opposite of what individuals want (we all have this time off, let's fly!!!), but what the powers-that-be feel we "need".

Happy New Year all!

Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2018 at 9:48 AM, JG4_Karl_Gratz said:

Only a second later the Yak 7b spawned in from nowhere! Guess with what outcome!

rot1.jpg

rot2.jpg

Yep happend to me yesterday nothing around me then out of nowhere i had a la-5 on me ,  i tend to find that the winter maps seems more buggy or that its even harder to spot things !!! . Just looking away from wingman and you cant find him .

Also getting planes disapear right in front of me . ?? Maybe they disconect when sixed or lost the fight . Not sure . !!! Seen some very NEW  pilots last few days not even being able to take off . Crashing into towers donuts in 190 ect ect. must be the xmas drink ..lol

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Are there new server issues? I just had 3 Discos in a row, within one hour. One at take-off, one after 30min, one after 10min. My Internet is absolutely fine, ping is low and TS and other web applications didn't have any issues / interrupts. It's a shame

I keep receiving a "invalid server password" when trying to access the Teamspeak.  I have verified the password is correct (the one printed in the current map briefing).  Still the same error.  Possibly my account is locked out or being refused?  Not sure.  If any TS admins have the time to look at the logs it would be helpful, thanks.

Wow

Well-done Axis we have pushed the front line back to the east . Last night we nearly lost Novo .

18 hours ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

Are there new server issues? I just had 3 Discos in a row, within one hour. One at take-off, one after 30min, one after 10min. My Internet is absolutely fine, ping is low and TS and other web applications didn't have any issues / interrupts. It's a shame

Another disco today. I had discos before, but not that often and only when the server was full. Currently it's almost unplayable for me when doing longer sorties. 

Some pretty crazy friendly fire on blue today.   2 sorties back to back being shot up by teammates, and I didn't appear to be the only one.    Check your targets Blue, there aren't many planes left to waste. 

Posted (edited)

Is this the server or damage modeling How many hits on that Lagg . 😖

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=79001&name=II./JG77_Con

1 hour ago, [JG52t]whitecrow said:

Some pretty crazy friendly fire on blue today.   2 sorties back to back being shot up by teammates, and I didn't appear to be the only one.    Check your targets Blue, there aren't many planes left to waste. 

Yep its getting quite silly now . Lots of team stealing shoulder shooting  , Wings of WAR . 🤣

Edited by II./JG77_Con

1 hour ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Titanium planes since 3.009. Bf109G2 got 39 hits from me...but wasn´t enough; Tumu had to go in: 42 hits to take a G2 down. 

http://taw-server.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=79339&name=VitalikB

We all have stories :drinks:

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Titanium planes since 3.009. Bf109G2 got 39 hits from me...but wasn´t enough; Tumu had to go in: 42 hits to take a G2 down. 

Ive looked at that stat page looks normal to me . 🙂

Edited by II./JG77_Con

13 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

Statistics as far as I understand now shows not hit as such, and the damage.

That is, the hit can be one, and the damage has several factors.

This is partly evident from the fact that the damage calculations are in certain time intervals and most likely the first is the calculation of the actual hit, and then the damage from the fragments that damage the design of the aircraft and its system.

if we proceed from this, it turns out that you made about 10 hits on the enemy.

Even if some hits were simultaneously from a gun and a machine gun it will slightly increase the statistics, but still 42 hits will not work.

The same can be seen from the statistics of damage to the aircraft obtained during a fire engine or fuel tanks.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Yep its getting quite silly now . Lots of team stealing shoulder shooting  , Wings of WAR . 🤣

13 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

The "Was damaged" doesn't equal hit. There is a different event "Hit" in log files which is not shown in sortie list.

Example:

If you hit a pilot only once then he is bleeding so there will be many many "was damaged" events with small % because he is bleeding during the time. 

If you hit en engine or wing only once then it may be weaker and weaker during the time so in events list we  see many many "was damaged"  with small % lines. 

(This is how I understand it)

In II./JG77_Con sortie the enemy pilot is constantly damaged (not hit) by 0,07% and some part of the plane by 0,01% so there are so many "was damaged" lines. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@=LG=Kathon

Is there a server-side possibility to remove destroyed tanks? Right now it's a bit ridiculous with people attacking destroyed tanks again and again, because their damage state is not visible, especially late in a map where most is already dead. The current modeling is pretty unrealistic because of several factors.

In real life you would see if a tank is destroyed or disabled due to several reasons:

Tanks were not static but moving into a certain direction (or fighting when at the front), so you'd see if a tank is destroyed/disabled when he is not moving or fighting anymore, you'd see actual people around the tank trying to repair disabled components and you'd also see a big crater around the tank when it has been bombed. None of this is true in game right now. Tanks are static, craters vanish after a short time and humans are not modeled at all. In addition, the fidelity/graphics are not as detailed as in real life, where you would see destroyed tanks not only when they are fully blown up.

I'd say in 95% of all cases you'd definitely see if a tank was destroyed in real life, possibly a few rare occasions where lone tanks "played dead" effectively. 

In the game it's the opposite right now, destroyed tanks get attacked on and on, because there is no visible hint what so ever. In addition, there is the durability bug when tanks count as destroyed (tanks needing a lot more damage to explode then normally when they count as destroyed due to being detracked etc.)

Due to the shortcomings of the current simulation i'd propose a complete removal of destroyed tanks. Both sides would benefit from that equally and it would take away some (unwarranted) frustration from ground attackers.

Edited by II./JG77_Manu*
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

@=LG=Kathon

Is there a server-side possibility to remove destroyed tanks? Right now it's a bit ridiculous with people attacking destroyed tanks again and again, because their damage state is not visible, especially late in a map where most is already dead. The current modeling is pretty unrealistic because of several factors.

In real life you would see if a tank is destroyed or disabled due to several reasons:

Tanks were not static but moving into a certain direction (or fighting when at the front), so you'd see if a tank is destroyed/disabled when he is not moving or fighting anymore, you'd see actual people around the tank trying to repair disabled components and you'd also see a big crater around the tank when it has been bombed. None of this is true in game right now. Tanks are static, craters vanish after a short time and humans are not modeled at all. In addition, the fidelity/graphics are not as detailed as in real life, where you would see destroyed tanks not only when they are fully blown up.

I'd say in 95% of all cases you'd definitely see if a tank was destroyed in real life, possibly a few rare occasions where lone tanks "played dead" effectively. 

In the game it's the opposite right now, destroyed tanks get attacked on and on, because there is no visible hint what so ever. 

Due to the shortcomings of the current simulation i'd propose a complete removal of destroyed tanks. Both sides would benefit from that equally and it would take away some (unwarranted) frustration from ground attackers.

Yes, there is such option. We will have to test it. I have also another solution in mind. We will see.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Yes, there is such option. We will have to test it. I have also another solution in mind. We will see.

Ok, thanks for the info. Nice to hear that you care and think about that problem

On 12/30/2018 at 2:27 AM, =FEW=N3croo said:

Hello LG

Request the LW to hand out this scumbag to be shot (banned)

He disconnected right in front of me and nightrise, i have a screenshot and a ingame recording + acmi files and rise to verify

here are the recording files you can see him with tacview

the tacview file is in the attachments, if you want all of it have it here

https://ufile.io/gdacw

if you want another hoster or send me it directly let me know

the flight in question is this here

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=72756&name=StG2_Nosch

I also see its not the first time he DCed in an opportune situations

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=60373&name=StG2_Nosch

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=72618&name=StG2_Nosch

also check the dates these are consecutive offenses, top flight is my case says "in flight"

StG2_Nosch grounded for 5 days.

On 12/31/2018 at 3:48 AM, Talon_ said:

Had a very strange sortie. This player @EG14_Victor teamkilled @PeterZvan after I set him on fire, then disconnected to end his sortie.

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=74978&name=EG14_Victor

EG14_Victor permanent ban.

• Upvote 6

Posted (edited)

Question, is there a way to see total registered pilots per side (and maybe those active recently)? Was looking on the site and the statistics page but didn't know if i was missing it somewhere.

Edited by AmpD

3 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:

As of right now:

star.png Allies (1179 players registered)
cross.png Axis (1533 players registered)

Ah, just saw it on the registration page (I knew I recalled seeing it at some point). Thanks!

So this has been a great campaign so far, but one of the factors that had been bogging down the gamplay seems to be how difficult it is to grind the tanks to death.

I bring this up becuase I think the balance of tank convoys is getting closer to fit with the dynamic you're aiming for but I have a suggestion. 

-1st part is moving trucks and tanks closer in the convoy, the new damage model will balance out the distruction potential, and the size of the convoys now makes quick bombing runs very difficult.

Second argument there, any older photos of convoys moving on the road they are grouped closer together. 

-2nd would be creating a difference in the tank groups size and makeup. Like a troop convo(I.e. minimum tanks/ more trucks and half tracks/ more aaa). This would act as an infantry brigade since we currently don't have ground troops and they were a large influence in the war especially towards cities. 

Other examples tank platoon (Max tanks/ medium fuel trucks/ minimum aaa). The minimum aaa would facilitate a better balance for the attackers since the attackers will have to contend with aaa and defensive fighters, along with the time needed on target to take out aaa and then focus on tanks is longer than map time, at the moment. 

Ya'll are the experts, I've been playing since the beginning and these are a few ideas that would keep the map growing. Cool beans. 

@[TWB]fenderbird  

14 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

This was in response to dealing with the bugged static tanks.  If I had to guess, I'd say there is a plan to test moving armored columns during the off season.  Doing so could change the composition of the column.   It's always the same static lineup right now, obviously.

I can't say what the best solution to the overly difficult armored column problem is, but I will say it would be nice to know if anti aircraft guns have been knocked out of ground attack targets.  Russian players have IL2s, and they are USELESS if there is still anti-air present.  You have to rely on reports from other players about the state of defenses, and that can mean an armored  column is safe from IL2s until Peshkas knock out the flak AND they tell everyone about it AND someone is watching chat or in TeamSpeak to catch the report.  Since an armor column always has flak guns at the start of a round, you can never use the IL2 first, if at all.

You don't have to broadcast on the map the exact number of AA guns left (That would be nice) but SOMETHING indicating the current defense level of an armored column, and maybe some conditions for a column to spawn without AA could make IL2s viable.

4 hours ago, CamusB455 said:

Russian players have IL2s, and they are USELESS if there is still anti-air present.  You have to rely on reports from other players about the state of defenses, and that can mean an armored  column is safe from IL2s until Peshkas knock out the flak AND they tell everyone about it AND someone is watching chat or in TeamSpeak to catch the report.  Since an armor column always has flak guns at the start of a round, you can never use the IL2 first, if at all.

Guess what, the same is the case with Hs-129, Ju-87, Ju-88 and He-111. As long as the very fast flying 190s and 110s didn't clear the AAA, it's suicide to attack.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

The "Was damaged" doesn't equal hit. There is a different event "Hit" in log files which is not shown in sortie list.

Example:

If you hit a pilot only once then he is bleeding so there will be many many "was damaged" events with small % because he is bleeding during the time. 

If you hit en engine or wing only once then it may be weaker and weaker during the time so in events list we  see many many "was damaged"  with small % lines. 

(This is how I understand it)

In II./JG77_Con sortie the enemy pilot is constantly damaged (not hit) by 0,07% and some part of the plane by 0,01% so there are so many "was damaged" lines. 

I see . thank you .

21 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

I second this . Made the mistake myself on two missions .

Looking at some stat pages i see that some have been 100% damaged shot down yet No one is in the stat page its blank empty for that kill .. ??? is this friendly fire . ??😶

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Howdy !

I'd like to know... Is it possible to delete a profile from the server's website ?

47 minutes ago, Spoutpout said:

Howdy !

I'd like to know... Is it possible to delete a profile from the server's website ?

It is not possible

Posted (edited)

Hello @=LG=Kathon,

I have a question about defensive positions. Is it better to completely destroy 1 of 3 positions, or to have all 3 damaged equally?

Edited by StG77_Kondor

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, II./JG77_Con said:

Looking at some stat pages i see that some have been 100% damaged shot down yet No one is in the stat page its blank empty for that kill .. ??? is this friendly fire . ??😶

If there is no attacker then it means that aircraft crashed or was damaged by it's pilot.

1 hour ago, StG77_Kondor said:

Hello @=LG=Kathon,

I have a question about defensive positions. Is it better to completely destroy 1 of 3 positions, or to have all 3 damaged equally?

1 destroyed position equals 3 damaged positions in 33%.

2 destroyed position equals 3 damaged positions in 66%.

In general the script sum strenght of all 3 positions for the calculation so number of destroyed vehicles in total is important. It's the same if you destroy 3 vehicles in only one position or only 1 vehicle in each 3 positions. 

Edited by =LG=Kathon
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

image.png.d31566dc9e34a46d08b4588620d9fc56.png

Can we please have here displayed which team is on offense? Like "Allied counter attack!" So it at least somewhat clear why one team has more stuff?
For a beginner its not clear and its not in the manual.

• Upvote 6

@=LG=Kathon supply to Krasnodar is bugged or are we missing something?

Mission 431 Krasnodar had 80% damage. We flew many supply missions and also ground supply alive; at the end of mission damage still 80% => https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=431

Mission 432 Krasnodar had 80% damage. We flew many supply missions again and also ground supply alive with no attack by LW (they didnt even find the columns); at the end of mission damage went to 83%=> https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=432

So we think Krasnodar is not counting the supply; please if it's a bug i hope you can fix it or we will lose that AF after defending it and supplying it for 4 hours. Thank you in advance.

S!

Just now, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

@=LG=Kathon supply to Krasnodar is bugged or are we missing something?

Mission 431 Krasnodar had 80% damage. We flew many supply missions and also ground supply alive; at the end of mission damage still 80% => https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=431

Mission 432 Krasnodar had 80% damage. We flew many supply missions again and also ground supply alive with no attack by LW (they didnt even find the columns); at the end of mission damage went to 83%=> https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=432

So we think Krasnodar is not counting the supply; please if it's a bug i hope you can fix it or we will lose that AF after defending it and supplying it for 4 hours. Thank you in advance.

S!

At the end of the mission 432 the damage increase to 83%, but you can see  that was supply by 100% (air and supply convoy)and Krasnodar still inoperative.

Regards,

It was damaged by paratroopers and supply is 100% so everything is working I think 

• Like 1