=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Posted (edited)

What is the reason of the 15sec timer to finish a mission? 

Any chance to have something shorter? Thx.

EDIT

My point: If there is no special reasons, it's to give less time to the chute killers.

Even if the 2 times someone tried to do it on my pilot, they failed because of terrible aiming :rolleyes::popcorm::tease::blush::rofl:

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

EDIT

My point: If there is no special reasons, it's to give less time to the chute killers.

Even if the 2 times someone tried to do it on my pilot, they failed because of terrible aiming :rolleyes::popcorm::tease::blush::rofl:

Oh so we have to make the time a bit longer 😂

1 hour ago, 7.GShAP/Silas said:

It's the bias of your own negative experiences.  My wingman consistently has the same experience where a 109 will dive on him from a high altitude and conduct a pass at too high a speed.  The 109 will run into him in my wingman's world but not in the 109's world, and he'll either explode or have both his wings and tail and everything ripped off.  He's developed a pavlovian fear response at this point, frankly, and will be convinced it's going to happen again if we know there's an Axis fighter high above us.

But it's a connection/netcode issue, not some conspiracy.  It is important to put your own experiences into perspective and not think that the grass is always greener on the enemy side of the fence.

Ok, nothing i can say against that. Guess i have to take back the plane/side specific part. It's just that i have been only on the receiving side of things so far, and that's just annoying and frustrating as hell. I guess we can just hope that the netcode gets better and prevents that kind of unrealistic DM behavior

2 minutes ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

Oh so we have to make the time a bit longer 😂

Sure, like 25sec, so they can try a second time :rofl:

Just now, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Sure, like 25sec, so they can try a second time :rofl:

Better yet, if you are in a chute then you should have to reach the ground to start the timer :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, I./JG62_Knipser said:

IL2 Multiplayer seems to become more and more popular recently, there are lots of new online Pilots. That's a good thing! TAW Server is public and open for everyone, that's also a good thing. Some of those new players just lack the necessary experience to fly on a full real sim server like TAW, that is the downside. Practicing in single player arcade mode with red and blue markers doesn't really help to improve your plane identification skills. Had this experience quite often this campaign, friendly fighter closing in on my six, i mean really f***ing close!  Sometimes i have the feeling, that they really expect you to flash your lights or waggle your wings to show them, that you're a friendly.  Getting killed by an incompetent team mate is really frustrating, but i guess we just have to get used to it, there is not much you can do about it. 

We can do something about it. We can tell them to be more careful when opening fire. If nothing is said, nothing is learned.

And I`m not saying that I haven`t shot a friendly ever, I have. But we all can try to be more precise in identifying target.

2 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

Lol. You also crashed into an A-20 last night. It looks like you keep putting yourself in a situation where something like this is likely to happen. 

A singular event. First in the campaign. and im sure you also remember me apologizing right afterwards.

Later on, I was rammed by one of the guys (a spit) from your ts3, no apologies but it seemed like he was suggesting I pulled up into him (therefore causing his ram), in which case I'd say the same to that A20.

Watch the video, I think it speaks for itself, I was banking to the left under just about to clear the Pe2 when this happened.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AmpD said:

Better yet, if you are in a chute then you should have to reach the ground to start the timer :)

Would be okay with it if we could pulled our own rip cord and we didn't drown when landing in water.  P-47 and Spit IX pilots drown even though they have a life jacket.

Edited by =AVG77=Garven
  • Upvote 1

On 1/7/2019 at 12:45 PM, LLv24_Zami said:

Please check your targets carefully before shooting!

Last night I was shot 3 times by friendlies. One was a kill shot. These were accidents and these things happens sometimes to everybody, it`s understandable. But it seems that flying in WoL is more safe than TAW these days.

this was probably the case:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/4645-полетушки-на-tactical-air-war/?do=findComment&comment=662825

In the future, it makes sense to correct the error with the location of the front-line supply unloading station near the front line, without the ability to cover it from the air.

Such situations are typical for both sides.

ERROR_TRAIN_STATION.jpg

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

EDIT

I completely understand.

You want:

1. fly excellent planes and have therefore the ability to gain an advantage in speed, altitude and break away from the enemy in a dive

2. not to be burdened by the ground attack of enemy troops

3. be able to play the role of Eric Hartmann by shooting down enemy planes in large numbers.

4. writing after a successful attack in General chat all sorts of clever ideas

5. losing prudence and falling in a difficult situation - in extreme cases to jump with a parachute and to maintain its excellent statistics leaving in a briefing after 1 second after the jump.

I don't understand why we should lose the pleasure of killing you on a rag .....?  :bye:

At the time, the forum of the ADW was a heated discussion on the problem of the shooting of paratroopers.

The conclusions were as follows:

1. parachutists in the REAL life shot ALL sides, so that shooting a parachutist or not - deal moreover who his shot down

2. the rescue of drowning - the handiwork of drowning , so if you so care about your statistics - do not let yourself down.

On the server NULLWAR was a man exceeding your statistics shot down 3 times.

Once he was unlucky 3 times in a row in one mission.

The man was drunk for 2 weeks.

Save your nerves..............:drinks:

Edited by =FPS=Cutlass
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, =FPS=Cutlass said:

this was probably the case:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.ru/topic/4645-полетушки-на-tactical-air-war/?do=findComment&comment=662825

In the future, it makes sense to correct the error with the location of the front-line supply unloading station near the front line, without the ability to cover it from the air.

Such situations are typical for both sides.

ERROR_TRAIN_STATION.jpg

Good point. I added it to my "to-do" list.

25 minutes ago, =KK=Des_ said:

https://taw.stg2.de/pilot.php?name=VOLGA - he has a troubles. When he entered server kick em everytime on everyplane.

Friendly air kill:https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=87742&name=VOLGA

still grounded for next 16 missions.

• Thanks 2

Good afternoon! Forgive I was mistaken. It is possible to remove the ban?

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, =LG=Kathon said:

Good point. I added it to my "to-do" list.

Friendly air kill:https://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=87742&name=VOLGA

still grounded for next 16 missions.

It's only 1 shot! May be it was a ricoshet. Unban him plz over my responsibility. Thnks.

=GEMINI=ginsengbtf - also this guy ask me about the same problem.

Edited by =KK=Des_

It's a good thing that teamkillers get banned. There is no excuse what so ever for teamkilling. If you are not 100% sure to have an enemy in front of you, just don't pull the trigger. You might lose the surprise moment (in very rare cases), but sometimes that's the cost to not kill a friendly. Only due to punishment, teamkilling can be prevented. It's definitely possible (not even a problem) to not ever shoot a friendly. Would be ridiculous to just lift it only because it's asked for.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

It's a good thing that teamkillers get banned. There is no excuse what so ever for teamkilling. If you are not 100% sure to have an enemy in front of you, just don't pull the trigger. You might lose the surprise moment (in very rare cases), but sometimes that's the cost to not kill a friendly. Only due to punishment, teamkilling can be prevented. It's definitely possible (not even a problem) to not ever shoot a friendly. Would be ridiculous to just lift it only because it's asked for.

Even I after 1500h team killed a MC202 back then. It happens. Problem is the part "when you are not sure".
Accidental FF happens when somebody is very sure he has an enemy infront of him.
There are of course idiots who dont stop shooting after 20 messages in the chat, and multiple server warnings, mostly beginners greedy for a kill.

I would say an apology is enough. At least as long its not repeatedly done but that guy.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

And what to do when friendly hungry guy run into your tracers and bullets? It was his mistake not mine!!! And it's more often then mismatch.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

In last two weeks I was attacked (zoomed & damaged) by friendlies many times. In the beginning I was forgiving but now I'm reporting all serious accidents as it looks like our society has relaxed a bit too much.

Edit:

Its like they had no mercy when they shoot at me so I dont have mercy either.  I think we're equal now. 😁

Edited by =LG=Leutnant_Artur

3 minutes ago, DerSheriff said:

Even I after 1500h team killed a MC202 back then. It happens. Problem is the part "when you are not sure".
Accidental FF happens when somebody is very sure he has an enemy infront of him.
There are of course idiots who dont stop shooting after 20 messages in the chat, and multiple server warnings, mostly beginners greedy for a kill.

I would say an apology is enough. At least as long its not repeatedly done but that guy.

Well, then you deserved back then to be banned as well. 

Very sure is not 100% sure obviously. The aircraft have distinct differences, so if you are not 100% sure (real 100%), don't shoot. I am flying in VR, where IDing is quite a bit harder then in 2D and still managed to not even shoot at a friendly plane. We are talking about killing here, not just some accidental hit. With the new damage model it's very rare to kill an aircraft with just a couple of shots. In this case the guys pilot died. I don't know if he had a long streak at this time, but there are people who care about their pilot life. It absolutely destroys their day, if they get killed by a friendly. Just an apology is not nearly enough. But even this apology is not given in many cases. I have seen multiple team kills without an apology, sometimes even by the same guy. We can't start to make tribunals about it, so there has to be the same punishment for everybody. Banning them for a while seems about right.

5 minutes ago, =KK=Des_ said:

And what to do when friendly hungry guy run into your tracers and bullets? It was his mistake not mine!!! And it's more often then mismatch.

Well, such an occasion didn't happen to me so far, I would say it is very rare. But even if it happens, then just stop shooting when you see a friendly about to cross your shooting path. I have seen occasions on both sides were aircraft just kept shooting at the enemy, even when there was a friendly sweeping in in front of them. This is not a reason to kill your friendly, even if it's not the most chivalrous thing to do!

Posted (edited)

I have an idea about the" downed", but not destroyed tanks.

Them after the recount of the mission, it is logical to send "in repair", to make an additional goal type "repair plant", if you put it far in the rear or "field repair",

if this target will be near the frontline town.

Whether this idea should be implemented is up to the developers.

But in principle, bombers may be a new target, the loss of tanks even with a damaged rear plants will be less catastrophic.

There will be an incentive to protect the tanks more actively - because they will not be completely written off, and after the repair time can replenish troops at the front.

The tank lost its caterpillar-can not attack and therefore can not be considered as a full - fledged combat unit, but as to be evacuated and repaired-it can be taken into account.

In the real life so and was.

Edited by =FPS=Cutlass

51 minutes ago, =KK=Des_ said:

Well in that case the grounded pilot should PM me and write: "Hej, it was his mistake not mine!". 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, =FPS=Cutlass said:

1. fly excellent planes and have therefore the ability to gain an advantage in speed, altitude and break away from the enemy in a dive

2. not to be burdened by the ground attack of enemy troops

3. be able to play the role of Eric Hartmann by shooting down enemy planes in large numbers.

4. writing after a successful attack in General chat all sorts of clever ideas

5. losing prudence and falling in a difficult situation - in extreme cases to jump with a parachute and to maintain its excellent statistics leaving in a briefing after 1 second after the jump.

3 hours ago, =FPS=Cutlass said:

2. the rescue of drowning - the handiwork of drowning , so if you so care about your statistics - do not let yourself down.

Okay ... Load of bullshits to correct.

1. I fly anykind of planes, blue or red (JG300-Faucon is my red account, I made severals flights). Even if at the end of the campaign I mainly flew with fighters and enjoyed the advantage of G14. But I also flew quite a lot with bombers.

2. ? :huh:

3. What does Hartmann has to do here? :huh: What should I do then when I fly a fighter? Take empty ammo and take a coffee with Yaks? A map can be won by shooting down aircrafts, so what's the problem of shooting down a large number of planes? 

4. ? :huh:

5. Loosing prudence and falling in a difficult situation is part of the game, and happen to anyone. Btw on a dogfight server the number and influx of ennemy aircrafts is completely random. Except if you always fly at 6kms of altitude and more, you always take a risk. You shot me down and I wanted to make survive my pilot (a problem with that?), so yes of course I hited "finish flight" ASAP. 

I guess you feel pround of being a chute killer. But you should go on QMB, shoot down a bomber, and practice on those chutes, cause it seems you have some difficulties at shooting them :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2019 at 7:45 AM, LLv24_Zami said:

Please check your targets carefully before shooting!

Last night I was shot 3 times by friendlies. One was a kill shot. These were accidents and these things happens sometimes to everybody, it`s understandable. But it seems that flying in WoL is more safe than TAW these days.

Lots of new players have joined . Some cant even take off as whitnessed crash on take off or hit runway objects .

Just Asking Is the server password protected . ??

On 1/7/2019 at 3:03 PM, I./JG62_Knipser said:

IL2 Multiplayer seems to become more and more popular recently, there are lots of new online Pilots. That's a good thing! TAW Server is public and open for everyone, that's also a good thing. Some of those new players just lack the necessary experience to fly on a full real sim server like TAW, that is the downside. Practicing in single player arcade mode with red and blue markers doesn't really help to improve your plane identification skills. Had this experience quite often this campaign, friendly fighter closing in on my six, i mean really f***ing close!  Sometimes i have the feeling, that they really expect you to flash your lights or waggle your wings to show them, that you're a friendly.  Getting killed by an incompetent team mate is really frustrating, but i guess we just have to get used to it, there is not much you can do about it. 

We are all for more players joining but this is a TAW server for pilots at least know how to take off and engage the enemy knowing its the enemy or can actually tell difference . friend and foe .

Yes mistakes happen ive done it myself . And said sorry of course  .😶

But some are diving down and have no thought for the on going dogfight too shoot something up . Because they see tracer rounds , So keen to get that kill even if it means shooting a friendly in the process . The thing is not many people come here and read the forums and see what is being said or possible have no any idea what TAW is about .

All for more servers and more new pilots . The Devs might fix the net code then .😫

Edited by II./JG77_Con
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 2:05 AM, =KG76=flyus747 said:

On TAW tonight, I witnessed yet another sekrit trick up the Pe2s sleeves as it slid back to cut off my tail and then scooted forward beyond the point from which he slid back. 

I'm sure it was just another one of those connection issues 

1) So you rammed into another bomber 2.5 hours after ramming and killing me?

2) I don't think you rammed me on purpose and I appreciate your apology. 

3) Apology accepted.

4. Dude.  You rammed into another bomber 2.5 hours after ramming and killing me!   ; )

Certain pilots are just notorious warper. Not that they can do much about it or are at fault but their ping and maybe the netcode makes warping an issue.

To the I.D. your targets discussion:

I'm fairly new to flying any Axis planes, so I took a 109 F4 out for a spin on WoL.  I came across another contrailing plane and followed it.  I literally had to get 200 meters behind it before I could truly make sure I wasn't going to have a FF accident.  I ID'd it as another 109. 

Now, I've seen enough 109's from a VVS cockpit to ID them from a good distance, but for some (psychological) reason, sitting in a 109 cockpit and hoping it was an enemy made me very unsure.  I can imagine it must be tough for new players. 

When I first started flying VVS, I had the same thing.  I literally had to get up close enough to see the red stars or iron crosses on the planes to ID them. 

This is with a 50" tv running at 1080p too.  

Long story short, I kind of wish the devs would scale up the distant airplane object sizes just a bit. 

Posted (edited)

So, i was banned for friendly fire. 

I do not want to discuss this decision. It is your server and your judgment.

BUT situation in overall....
You made rightful decision, but NOT legitimate. 

ADMINS,  in this forum you explain bans, just your wishes (internal feelings, maybe):

4 часа назад, =LG=Leutnant_Artur сказал:

In last two weeks I was attacked (zoomed & damaged) by friendlies many times. In the beginning I was forgiving but now I'm reporting all serious accidents as it looks like our society has relaxed a bit too much.

Edit:

Its like they had no mercy when they shoot at me so I dont have mercy either.  I think we're equal now. 😁

It's looks like: "Ersterday i had good mood, so i'd  let people do what they want to, today my mud changes, so you all be punished....."

Such situation made bad feelings about organisation on server, cause you start ban company against friendlyfire without clear rules for this aspect of game, and without announce of changing ban policy.

No clear rules, hard penaltys (bans) by wishes of some persons (even with powers), using retroactive force of laws,

if you ask sorry in good way - you wil not baned (but this isn't exactly).....

Guys, it's a medeval orders.

In my opinion to solve this situation civilized, not totalitary (powerful, but softly) you should act in next style: 

1. Made clear rules about friendlyfire.

2. Announce this new situation whith penalty for FF on forum, and "manual" only AFTER this start to ban.

If you want to improove your project, and use this sadly side of game (and real live by the way) as part of gameplay and element which increase interrest to the server:
1. Made table of penaltys (FOR EXAMPLE):
 -  2 friendly KILLS in 2 days -  minus 2 in rank + only bombers and attackers for 10 combat missions with no adding expirience, planes and medals
 -  2 additional KILL in 1 week after  - ban + lowlest rank and only Ju87/Il2 1942/po-2 for flights for 15 combat missions after unban.
-  etc
2. Keep possibility to explain incidents with proofs (ingame tracks whith time mark in name of track).
3. Made consideration of appeals by admins util penalty ends.
(IMHO zerotolerance to friendlyfire - not good because with ban for MISTAKE you block my possibilitys to became better and made profit to my team. Ban - good for intentional and repeately brakers of server laws as signal -you are not welkome here)

And...... 
If you want to keep title "Best il2 dogfight server",  you should do:
1. Made this bans automatic and free your time only for consideration of appeals
1. Made possibility for gamers to see pilot status (active/shtrafbat member (kämpfer der feldstrafgefangenabteilungen)/baned)  in pilot status page.
2. Made possibility to see reasons for ban/penalty in pilot status page.
2. Easy way to send ingame tracks for appeal.

Whith wishes to be best
Edited by IceBerg_BIG

I think you missed rules at TAW web.

image.png.0c8f08d40365415a14d45330ece67179.png

You are right that we don't ban every action as its like : " oh c'mon don't ban him it must have been an accident", "okey, I wont but if someone will report him then I will".

Last couple of weeks were shame so now we will be more restrictive.

PS:

Thank you for your suggestions.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Okay ... Load of bullshits to correct.

5. Loosing prudence and falling in a difficult situation is part of the game, and happen to anyone.

I guess you feel pround of being a chute killer. But you should go on QMB, shoot down a bomber, and practice on those chutes, cause it seems you have some difficulties at shooting them :rolleyes:

I've highlighted the most important point you've made.

Only it is not Clear why you need to give you an advantage to save statistics...?

Killer of skydivers...?

Oh no...in your case, it was the first time I shot a parachutist......:bye:

Edited by =FPS=Cutlass

Posted (edited)
1 час назад, =LG=Leutnant_Artur сказал:

I think you missed rules at TAW web.

image.png.0c8f08d40365415a14d45330ece67179.png

You are right that we don't ban every action as its like : " oh c'mon don't ban him it must have been an accident", "okey, I wont but if someone will report him then I will".

Last couple of weeks were shame so now we will be more restrictive.

PS:

Thank you for your suggestions.

Thanks for reading my esse. 

Ok,  i accept this ban, and have nothing to add to my previous post, exept pinpoint you at difference between terms - "deliberately" and "unintentionally" or "by mistake".

For which episode i was baned?

And for how long time?

Edited by IceBerg_BIG

57 minutes ago, IceBerg_BIG said:

Thanks for reading my esse. 

Ok,  i accept this ban, and have nothing to add to my previous post, exept pinpoint you at difference between terms - "deliberately" and "unintentionally" or "by mistake".

For which episode i was baned?

And for how long time?

The one you killed LLv and shoot at me, also the other day you FF someone. It is 5 days ban.

Posted (edited)

More stuff for the website:

I would like to see the AK and Gk streak for squadrons removed in the squadron overview. Imho they serve no purpose and are not rewarded at the end of the campaign.
Nor is it a good indicator of the squadron skill.

image.thumb.png.7f0254b2903250885acd27550a081f88.png

I would propose its replaced with the squadrons Ak and Gk and add tank score. You know this one:
image.thumb.png.beb24f8fd14d3452b54fbd5ab993f0e9.png
This way you can even sort by those stats and you can see who is 6th in the correspondent stat.

Another one:
image.thumb.png.3eea07d35e17a8f3cf69e2808a2d8ff9.png
imho this entire section can be moved further down. Below the map, the cities. Statisics are nice but not the most important stuff. You need the map regularly and I have to scroll down to see the players online, the map and cities and stuff.
Move the stats down and the functionality of the site goes up.

At least my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 8

14 hours ago, Antijeeves1 said:

1) So you rammed into another bomber 2.5 hours after ramming and killing me?

2) I don't think you rammed me on purpose and I appreciate your apology. 

3) Apology accepted.

4. Dude.  You rammed into another bomber 2.5 hours after ramming and killing me!   ; )

Good. For what it's worth I did feel bad. I saw your stats afterwards and you haven't died in a long time, I can imagine how annoyed you were.

Also, this video shows that the Pe2 came to me (and not really by his own fault, but probably some lag), I hope you can understand that after our ram I was maybe just a bit more cautious

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, =FPS=Cutlass said:

Only it is not Clear why you need to give you an advantage to save statistics...?

Seriously what do you have against players trying to have and keep good statistic? Jealous? :) You know that shooting down aircrafts or ground targets without loosing your own plane help your team? :good:

I was asking the reason of the 15sec timer. If there is no special or important reasons, yes why not make it shorter so it'll be harder for as*****s practicing chute killing. 

Your problem is that you think I'm thinking only about my stats... You're wrong, again. I've reached a high AK streak (63) and lost it because of a Pe2 gunner that I didn't even engaged (W.T.F)But I'm ok with that: it's the game. You play, you win, you loose, at the end it's a game, so just: have fun. Understand? Although I still think there is a serious problem with gunners capability in that game.

And yes for sure I have a serious problem with guys shooting at chute... and hiding themself behind those excuses:  

_ Oh yes but it's a game, it's pixels. 

_ Oh yes but they were doing that IRL (that's the most... stupid and creepy excuse).

I just can't understand how their brains work... :mellow: Anyway they are few and most of us hate them... 

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon

7 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Although I still think there is a serious problem with gunners capability in that game.

We noticed the problem. And many others :).
 We can`t fix devs FM&DM issues but some things might be done.

16 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

I would like to see the AK and Gk streak for squadrons removed in the squadron overview.

There is around 3000 registered users.
Please ask at least another 1500 before making a request of single user which will affect everyone :) 

Can I have some attention? 
Thank you.

All taw players are welcome to vote here

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

There is around 3000 registered users.
Please ask at least another 1500 before making a request of single user which will affect everyone :) 

?

I can hardly force you. this is of course a proposal. What else should it be then?

• Upvote 1

Not so often I'm on a multiplayer ....but today I tried to come in , but lost server connection 3-4 times ahead 🤔

46 minutes ago, Sire said:

Not so often I'm on a multiplayer ....but today I tried to come in , but lost server connection 3-4 times ahead 🤔

I think if you were just trying to initially join the server and there are a lot of people attempting to join at the same time (map rotation) then the server can only join a handful (I think around 8-9) at once. If you were already on the server and were dropped then thats a different issue unless your ping was too high or died and the server was making room.