=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Ok , thank you - I will try later 

I know nothing about it , and ping  and so on ...

But my connection is 300/300 so it should not be the problem 

Just tried 4 times again  .... 64 ppl in and ping says green  - 21

I come in , choose my plane ( bf109 or Fw ) 

I'm in game , and I start the mashine ......then pooooooooof 

#10009  net connection lost 

3 minutes ago, Sire said:

Make sure you keep an eye on the chat as if you dont have a particular plane and you start it up it will boot you. Check your pilot profile on the TAW site to see what planes you have.

9 minutes ago, Sire said:

Read this: https://taw.stg2.de/manual.php

11 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Seriously what do you have against players trying to have and keep good statistic? Jealous? :) You know that shooting down aircrafts or ground targets without loosing your own plane help your team? :good:

I was asking the reason of the 15sec timer. If there is no special or important reasons, yes why not make it shorter so it'll be harder for as*****s practicing chute killing. 

Your problem is that you think I'm thinking only about my stats... You're wrong, again. I've reached a high AK streak (63) and lost it because of a Pe2 gunner that I didn't even engaged (W.T.F)But I'm ok with that: it's the game. You play, you win, you loose, at the end it's a game, so just: have fun. Understand? Although I still think there is a serious problem with gunners capability in that game.

And yes for sure I have a serious problem with guys shooting at chute... and hiding themself behind those excuses:  

_ Oh yes but it's a game, it's pixels. 

_ Oh yes but they were doing that IRL (that's the most... stupid and creepy excuse).

I just can't understand how their brains work... :mellow: Anyway they are few and most of us hate them... 

As they say-a well - posed question contains the answer.

You are good at shooting down planes and thus help your team. when you make a mistake and you are knocked down what reasons in addition to saving your statistics determine the time of the briefing within 1 second....?

And here is musketry you on parachute jump highly and highly useful for my team. on the one hand - this is a purely psychological bonus for those who came under your attack.

On the other hand, this is a psychological disadvantage for you, which is actually confirmed by the discussion you raised.

Although it wasn't just your lordship who was shot in the parachute.

All of the above-mentioned me-just are the very reasons why the time to go to the briefing would not be worth 15 seconds and 25. if "it's a game, it's only pixels you lose" then why start a discussion....?  ;)

It means you are evil...it's not just a game for you.....so do not deceive yourself and try to powder the brains of others, coming up with excuses for his craving for high statistics and fear of spoiling it.... those who do not worry about their statistics - do not start such discussions, they just fly and enjoy the game.....:bye:

• Upvote 1

Huuu , I'm happy there are no stupid question .... But I feel my ears quite red at the moment 🤡

I did it for a long time ago when I was a beginner and curious, but logged in again on TAW homepage ....... And now Imhave been out flying 

From Taman to Anapa , and btb Taman again ( course I see no enemy plane ) 

There should be some , but maybe they have a coffee break or so , Ill find out later ,

But I stayed alive my first trip .......thank you 😁

On 1/7/2019 at 7:45 AM, LLv24_Zami said:

Please check your targets carefully before shooting!

Last night I was shot 3 times by friendlies. One was a kill shot. These were accidents and these things happens sometimes to everybody, it`s understandable. But it seems that flying in WoL is more safe than TAW these days.

It is true, i have been a victim (as have many)

But friendly fire was quite common in WW2, so i see it as adding to the realism!!

Now if you're sat on a runway spraying friendlies as they spawn, that's a different matter.

As for the leaving time, it should be extended to 30 or even 45 seconds, 15 is way to short (IMO!)

Hello,

I am interested in translating the TAW Website to Spanish. Could you give me some information?

Regards

Posted (edited)
On 1/9/2019 at 7:55 AM, F/JG300_Faucon said:

You play, you win, you loose, at the end it's a game, so just: have fun.

I understand you Faucon something should be corrected...about me I can tell you is worst being killed by friendly fire( txs Ala13UnopaUno).

Edited by ITAF_Rani

On 1/7/2019 at 8:05 AM, =KG76=flyus747 said:

On TAW tonight, I witnessed yet another sekrit trick up the Pe2s sleeves as it slid back to cut off my tail and then scooted forward beyond the point from which he slid back. 

I'm sure it was just another one of those connection issues 

It was the same for me with a A20 Kuban #487 22:02:46 (Sorry for that GCA T1m270 or you apologize to me? ;) )

Extrem Rubberbanding.

3 hours ago, =FPS=Cutlass said:

those who do not worry about their statistics

What part of "you think I'm only thinking about my stat: you're wrong, again" you don't understand? :)

16 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

And yes for sure I have a serious problem with guys shooting at chute... and hiding themself behind those excuses:  

_ Oh yes but it's a game, it's pixels. 

_ Oh yes but they were doing that IRL (that's the most... stupid and creepy excuse).

I just can't understand how their brains work... :mellow: Anyway they are few and most of us hate them... 

Your whining and “holier than thou” mentality makes me want to start chute shooting.  Seriously.  Quit whining and carry on.  I promise that nobody cares about your serious problems with perfectly legal activities.

This TAW format looks very interesting.  Some of our squadron members eyes are not good enough to fly anymore, so to stay in the game they like to be gunners only.  How do we get permission to allow human gunners to sit in back ?  Currently if we try it kicks them out after a few minutes...  Am I missing something ?  

Thanks ....  Gonk

6 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

What part of "you think I'm only thinking about my stat: you're wrong, again" you don't understand? :)

Of all the mass of the pilots shot on a parachute, only you arranged a discussion of this, sucked out of the finger of the problem.

If you're not worried about the statistics as I imagine it is, then why all this discussion.....?

What you the difference 15 seconds you will hang out on a rag or 20.....?

And why 1 second will be enough for you.....?

4 hours ago, 69th_gonk said:

This TAW format looks very interesting.  Some of our squadron members eyes are not good enough to fly anymore, so to stay in the game they like to be gunners only.  How do we get permission to allow human gunners to sit in back ?  Currently if we try it kicks them out after a few minutes...  Am I missing something ?  

Thanks ....  Gonk

Flying as rear gunner is prohibited on this server. There are several reasons for that. Usually i would just say, read the manual. I just checked the manual, and that point is missing!  @=LG=Kathon could you maybe add this line to the manual to avoid confusion about the rear gunner rule? thanks

On 1/8/2019 at 3:33 PM, II./JG77_Con said:

Lots of new players have joined . Some cant even take off as whitnessed crash on take off or hit runway objects .

New player here, and sometimes I have problems in the runaway ... but I promise I'll not pull the trigger until I'm sure it's an enemy ;)

In WoL I have seen pilots ramming me or almost in the taxaway, when I was trying to do a correct Taxi, and they just went straight, without looking before running.

They seemed to control the plane much better than me, so it's not only newbies who create Havoc ...

43 minutes ago, =SFF=cercataa said:

New player here, and sometimes I have problems in the runaway ... but I promise I'll not pull the trigger until I'm sure it's an enemy ;)

In WoL I have seen pilots ramming me or almost in the taxaway, when I was trying to do a correct Taxi, and they just went straight, without looking before running.

They seemed to control the plane much better than me, so it's not only newbies who create Havoc ...

All for new pilots but TAW is a hardcore server . Thats all im saying .

Also its a stats server , pilots and aircraft lost = Win for enemy .

Has Axis lost interest in map 8.

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Dear TAW, is it possible to remove USA Navy or RAF aircraft skins for the next TAW? For realistic coherence?

Cheers, 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Jr_Lt_Tatanov said:

Dear TAW, is it possible to remove USA Navy or RAF aircraft skins for the next TAW? For realistic coherence?

Cheers, 

That would be great indeed, but i don't think this is possible. If i remember correctly, there is only an option to enable or disable the use of custom skins in the dedicated server settings. That's a feature the game devs would have to put into the game. So maybe post it in the "Developer Assistance/Suggestions" thread. 

Edited by I./JG62_Knipser
  • Like 1

*fly's western allies skin whenever available for an aircraft*  

Related image

Edited by =AVG77=Garven
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks =LG= for this Campaign! Had it's ups and downs, but in the end it was still fun to fly! See you all again next round. 

Edited by I./JG62_Knipser
  • Upvote 1

And that's the draw.  :)

Well fought, Red.  Thanks for a great campaign, everyone, and to =LG= for setting up another amazing season.   See you all in the skies soon. 

7 minutes ago, I./JG62_Knipser said:

Thanks =LG= for this Campaign! Had it's ups and downs, but in the end it was still fun to fly! See you all again next round. 

+1

We got the most fighter cover in Campaign 16 we've ever experienced, and life was good. A sincere Thank You to 666GIAP, SCG - especially Polo, =PHX=-Geo, DirtyRotnFlieger, and last but definitely not least, the newly-formed =AVG=77, who hit many targets alongside StG77 and shot so many monkeys off our backs I can't remember them all..

Contents: Pretty Girls, Ground Attacks, Awesome Air Cover, some Serious A-20B Tank Slaying, and the usual plague of Suicide Jockeys.

Edited by StG77_HvB
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Indeed, it was my first TAW and I had some absolutely fabulous experience. On the other hand, I am so glad it is over so I can sleep better now.

• Like 2

My first start to finish TAW and I thoroughly enjoyed it ! Learned a lot and can’t wait for the next one !

....AKA Player-4489

Any chance we can do a Google doc sign up with squads - number and tz so we can get a more balanced number overall. Then we could have a more fluid process where squads could change sides of necessary

• Upvote 1

Thank you =LG= team and specially Kathon for another TAW!

War is over, what a fun map last Kuban was. I hope next TAW has more balanced fights like the ones we had during map #8, very long and close map with a decisive mission yesterday when VVS sunk 9 ships and LW only 2, giving us the victory right there by preventing LW getting more planes: mission #486 => https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=486

We managed to get a draw but it really feels like a victory after all the struggle from first 6 maps against all odds. So congratulations VVS for maps #7 and #8!. Also congrats to squads =Red Flight & Friends= and =19FAB= for their effectiveness during early maps #2 and #3; and special thanks to =FPS=Cutlass and his mates ( Mincer, Resh and others) and the whole =KK= squad, imo the most important people flying TAW, the side who has Cutlass and =KK= has always a good chance to win it; not only they are great pilots but also know what's important to do everytime; was a pleasure to share TS with you and join the most dangerous and difficult missions deep into enemy territory.

Last but not least, my dear friends from spanish speaking community =HR=Tofolo and =HR=Zunzun who always join us 666GIAP in TS for very fun times of talks and flights. 

LW was as always a very tough opponent, and also the conditions were really difficult. I hope for next TAW edition admins take note of all the recomendations we wrote here specially regarding team balance and wining conditions.

And the Oscar goes to :biggrin:

Salute you all, looking forward to more stress and killing each other next edition.

:drinks:

Edited by ECV56_Chimango
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Great campaign even though there were major patch struggles. Arguably the most balanced one since a very very long time. Respect to every Pilot who kept flying despite having a nice streak going.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

See you in the next edition....with more italian pilots present😎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Operation_Ivy said:

Great campaign even though there were major patch struggles. Arguably the most balanced one since a very very long time. Respect to every Pilot who kept flying despite having a nice streak going.

Emphasis added by me. Couldn't agree more!

Great campaign with plenty of ups and downs for me, but overall a great time. Personal records were broken, but best of all was the time spent with new and old kameraden/tovarishes. Things can get snarky and poisonous on this forum (and will be within 24 hours of no TAW :lol:) but let's all enjoy this one fleeting moment where everyone is happy and there is no salt to be found!

PS. I was going to post it separately but a big thank you to HvB. Not only did he recently publish an absurdly detailed handbook specifically tailored to ground attackers on this server, he already had the campaign highlights video ready for everyone to enjoy. The guy is obsessed...I mean relentless!

Edited by StG77_Kondor
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3

I have to say that I really enjoyed the sense of cooperation on the VVS side. There were a lot of people in TS, and everybody was willing to work together and offer help to achieve the victory. Special thanks to KupiKolesa aka KK, 666GIAP and Cutlass. When I bought the game in September I thought that multiplayer was dead... Long live IL-2 multiplayer!

For me the highlight was the very first map. The fierceness of those fights was simply unprecedented, and it was incredibly close.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:

and there is no salt to be found!

Want me to try? :biggrin:

swimmingpoolsalt.jpg.pagespeed.ce.J7eRHC

PS. gj on those tanks Kondor, and nice finding out your boricua accent in TS. S! m8

• Haha 2

Поздравляю всех пилотов с окончанием очередного TAW ! Спасибо красным сквадам и пилотам, которые отзывались на взаимодействие и совместные операции ! Было очень захватывающе, летать в логово "врага" выполнять задачу.