=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2019 at 7:45 AM, LLv24_Zami said:

Please check your targets carefully before shooting!

Last night I was shot 3 times by friendlies. One was a kill shot. These were accidents and these things happens sometimes to everybody, it`s understandable. But it seems that flying in WoL is more safe than TAW these days.

Lots of new players have joined . Some cant even take off as whitnessed crash on take off or hit runway objects .

Just Asking Is the server password protected . ??

On 1/7/2019 at 3:03 PM, I./JG62_Knipser said:

IL2 Multiplayer seems to become more and more popular recently, there are lots of new online Pilots. That's a good thing! TAW Server is public and open for everyone, that's also a good thing. Some of those new players just lack the necessary experience to fly on a full real sim server like TAW, that is the downside. Practicing in single player arcade mode with red and blue markers doesn't really help to improve your plane identification skills. Had this experience quite often this campaign, friendly fighter closing in on my six, i mean really f***ing close!  Sometimes i have the feeling, that they really expect you to flash your lights or waggle your wings to show them, that you're a friendly.  Getting killed by an incompetent team mate is really frustrating, but i guess we just have to get used to it, there is not much you can do about it. 

We are all for more players joining but this is a TAW server for pilots at least know how to take off and engage the enemy knowing its the enemy or can actually tell difference . friend and foe .

Yes mistakes happen ive done it myself . And said sorry of course  .😶

But some are diving down and have no thought for the on going dogfight too shoot something up . Because they see tracer rounds , So keen to get that kill even if it means shooting a friendly in the process . The thing is not many people come here and read the forums and see what is being said or possible have no any idea what TAW is about .

All for more servers and more new pilots . The Devs might fix the net code then .😫

Edited by II./JG77_Con
  • Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 2:05 AM, =KG76=flyus747 said:

On TAW tonight, I witnessed yet another sekrit trick up the Pe2s sleeves as it slid back to cut off my tail and then scooted forward beyond the point from which he slid back. 

I'm sure it was just another one of those connection issues 

1) So you rammed into another bomber 2.5 hours after ramming and killing me?

2) I don't think you rammed me on purpose and I appreciate your apology. 

3) Apology accepted.

4. Dude.  You rammed into another bomber 2.5 hours after ramming and killing me!   ; )

Certain pilots are just notorious warper. Not that they can do much about it or are at fault but their ping and maybe the netcode makes warping an issue.

To the I.D. your targets discussion:

I'm fairly new to flying any Axis planes, so I took a 109 F4 out for a spin on WoL.  I came across another contrailing plane and followed it.  I literally had to get 200 meters behind it before I could truly make sure I wasn't going to have a FF accident.  I ID'd it as another 109. 

Now, I've seen enough 109's from a VVS cockpit to ID them from a good distance, but for some (psychological) reason, sitting in a 109 cockpit and hoping it was an enemy made me very unsure.  I can imagine it must be tough for new players. 

When I first started flying VVS, I had the same thing.  I literally had to get up close enough to see the red stars or iron crosses on the planes to ID them. 

This is with a 50" tv running at 1080p too.  

Long story short, I kind of wish the devs would scale up the distant airplane object sizes just a bit. 

Posted (edited)

So, i was banned for friendly fire. 

I do not want to discuss this decision. It is your server and your judgment.

BUT situation in overall....
You made rightful decision, but NOT legitimate. 

ADMINS,  in this forum you explain bans, just your wishes (internal feelings, maybe):

4 часа назад, =LG=Leutnant_Artur сказал:

In last two weeks I was attacked (zoomed & damaged) by friendlies many times. In the beginning I was forgiving but now I'm reporting all serious accidents as it looks like our society has relaxed a bit too much.

Edit:

Its like they had no mercy when they shoot at me so I dont have mercy either.  I think we're equal now. 😁

It's looks like: "Ersterday i had good mood, so i'd  let people do what they want to, today my mud changes, so you all be punished....."

Such situation made bad feelings about organisation on server, cause you start ban company against friendlyfire without clear rules for this aspect of game, and without announce of changing ban policy.

No clear rules, hard penaltys (bans) by wishes of some persons (even with powers), using retroactive force of laws,

if you ask sorry in good way - you wil not baned (but this isn't exactly).....

Guys, it's a medeval orders.

In my opinion to solve this situation civilized, not totalitary (powerful, but softly) you should act in next style: 

1. Made clear rules about friendlyfire.

2. Announce this new situation whith penalty for FF on forum, and "manual" only AFTER this start to ban.

If you want to improove your project, and use this sadly side of game (and real live by the way) as part of gameplay and element which increase interrest to the server:
1. Made table of penaltys (FOR EXAMPLE):
 -  2 friendly KILLS in 2 days -  minus 2 in rank + only bombers and attackers for 10 combat missions with no adding expirience, planes and medals
 -  2 additional KILL in 1 week after  - ban + lowlest rank and only Ju87/Il2 1942/po-2 for flights for 15 combat missions after unban.
-  etc
2. Keep possibility to explain incidents with proofs (ingame tracks whith time mark in name of track).
3. Made consideration of appeals by admins util penalty ends.
(IMHO zerotolerance to friendlyfire - not good because with ban for MISTAKE you block my possibilitys to became better and made profit to my team. Ban - good for intentional and repeately brakers of server laws as signal -you are not welkome here)

And...... 
If you want to keep title "Best il2 dogfight server",  you should do:
1. Made this bans automatic and free your time only for consideration of appeals
1. Made possibility for gamers to see pilot status (active/shtrafbat member (kämpfer der feldstrafgefangenabteilungen)/baned)  in pilot status page.
2. Made possibility to see reasons for ban/penalty in pilot status page.
2. Easy way to send ingame tracks for appeal.

Whith wishes to be best
Edited by IceBerg_BIG

I think you missed rules at TAW web.

image.png.0c8f08d40365415a14d45330ece67179.png

You are right that we don't ban every action as its like : " oh c'mon don't ban him it must have been an accident", "okey, I wont but if someone will report him then I will".

Last couple of weeks were shame so now we will be more restrictive.

PS:

Thank you for your suggestions.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Okay ... Load of bullshits to correct.

5. Loosing prudence and falling in a difficult situation is part of the game, and happen to anyone.

I guess you feel pround of being a chute killer. But you should go on QMB, shoot down a bomber, and practice on those chutes, cause it seems you have some difficulties at shooting them :rolleyes:

I've highlighted the most important point you've made.

Only it is not Clear why you need to give you an advantage to save statistics...?

Killer of skydivers...?

Oh no...in your case, it was the first time I shot a parachutist......:bye:

Edited by =FPS=Cutlass

Posted (edited)
1 час назад, =LG=Leutnant_Artur сказал:

I think you missed rules at TAW web.

image.png.0c8f08d40365415a14d45330ece67179.png

You are right that we don't ban every action as its like : " oh c'mon don't ban him it must have been an accident", "okey, I wont but if someone will report him then I will".

Last couple of weeks were shame so now we will be more restrictive.

PS:

Thank you for your suggestions.

Thanks for reading my esse. 

Ok,  i accept this ban, and have nothing to add to my previous post, exept pinpoint you at difference between terms - "deliberately" and "unintentionally" or "by mistake".

For which episode i was baned?

And for how long time?

Edited by IceBerg_BIG

57 minutes ago, IceBerg_BIG said:

Thanks for reading my esse. 

Ok,  i accept this ban, and have nothing to add to my previous post, exept pinpoint you at difference between terms - "deliberately" and "unintentionally" or "by mistake".

For which episode i was baned?

And for how long time?

The one you killed LLv and shoot at me, also the other day you FF someone. It is 5 days ban.

Posted (edited)

More stuff for the website:

I would like to see the AK and Gk streak for squadrons removed in the squadron overview. Imho they serve no purpose and are not rewarded at the end of the campaign.
Nor is it a good indicator of the squadron skill.

image.thumb.png.7f0254b2903250885acd27550a081f88.png

I would propose its replaced with the squadrons Ak and Gk and add tank score. You know this one:
image.thumb.png.beb24f8fd14d3452b54fbd5ab993f0e9.png
This way you can even sort by those stats and you can see who is 6th in the correspondent stat.

Another one:
image.thumb.png.3eea07d35e17a8f3cf69e2808a2d8ff9.png
imho this entire section can be moved further down. Below the map, the cities. Statisics are nice but not the most important stuff. You need the map regularly and I have to scroll down to see the players online, the map and cities and stuff.
Move the stats down and the functionality of the site goes up.

At least my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Edited by DerSheriff
  • Upvote 8

14 hours ago, Antijeeves1 said:

1) So you rammed into another bomber 2.5 hours after ramming and killing me?

2) I don't think you rammed me on purpose and I appreciate your apology. 

3) Apology accepted.

4. Dude.  You rammed into another bomber 2.5 hours after ramming and killing me!   ; )

Good. For what it's worth I did feel bad. I saw your stats afterwards and you haven't died in a long time, I can imagine how annoyed you were.

Also, this video shows that the Pe2 came to me (and not really by his own fault, but probably some lag), I hope you can understand that after our ram I was maybe just a bit more cautious

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, =FPS=Cutlass said:

Only it is not Clear why you need to give you an advantage to save statistics...?

Seriously what do you have against players trying to have and keep good statistic? Jealous? :) You know that shooting down aircrafts or ground targets without loosing your own plane help your team? :good:

I was asking the reason of the 15sec timer. If there is no special or important reasons, yes why not make it shorter so it'll be harder for as*****s practicing chute killing. 

Your problem is that you think I'm thinking only about my stats... You're wrong, again. I've reached a high AK streak (63) and lost it because of a Pe2 gunner that I didn't even engaged (W.T.F)But I'm ok with that: it's the game. You play, you win, you loose, at the end it's a game, so just: have fun. Understand? Although I still think there is a serious problem with gunners capability in that game.

And yes for sure I have a serious problem with guys shooting at chute... and hiding themself behind those excuses:  

_ Oh yes but it's a game, it's pixels. 

_ Oh yes but they were doing that IRL (that's the most... stupid and creepy excuse).

I just can't understand how their brains work... :mellow: Anyway they are few and most of us hate them... 

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon

7 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Although I still think there is a serious problem with gunners capability in that game.

We noticed the problem. And many others :).
 We can`t fix devs FM&DM issues but some things might be done.

16 hours ago, DerSheriff said:

I would like to see the AK and Gk streak for squadrons removed in the squadron overview.

There is around 3000 registered users.
Please ask at least another 1500 before making a request of single user which will affect everyone :) 

Can I have some attention? 
Thank you.

All taw players are welcome to vote here

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

There is around 3000 registered users.
Please ask at least another 1500 before making a request of single user which will affect everyone :) 

?

I can hardly force you. this is of course a proposal. What else should it be then?

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Sire said:

Not so often I'm on a multiplayer ....but today I tried to come in , but lost server connection 3-4 times ahead 🤔

I think if you were just trying to initially join the server and there are a lot of people attempting to join at the same time (map rotation) then the server can only join a handful (I think around 8-9) at once. If you were already on the server and were dropped then thats a different issue unless your ping was too high or died and the server was making room.

Just tried 4 times again  .... 64 ppl in and ping says green  - 21

I come in , choose my plane ( bf109 or Fw ) 

I'm in game , and I start the mashine ......then pooooooooof 

#10009  net connection lost 

3 minutes ago, Sire said:

Make sure you keep an eye on the chat as if you dont have a particular plane and you start it up it will boot you. Check your pilot profile on the TAW site to see what planes you have.

9 minutes ago, Sire said:

Read this: https://taw.stg2.de/manual.php

11 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Seriously what do you have against players trying to have and keep good statistic? Jealous? :) You know that shooting down aircrafts or ground targets without loosing your own plane help your team? :good:

I was asking the reason of the 15sec timer. If there is no special or important reasons, yes why not make it shorter so it'll be harder for as*****s practicing chute killing. 

Your problem is that you think I'm thinking only about my stats... You're wrong, again. I've reached a high AK streak (63) and lost it because of a Pe2 gunner that I didn't even engaged (W.T.F)But I'm ok with that: it's the game. You play, you win, you loose, at the end it's a game, so just: have fun. Understand? Although I still think there is a serious problem with gunners capability in that game.

And yes for sure I have a serious problem with guys shooting at chute... and hiding themself behind those excuses:  

_ Oh yes but they were doing that IRL (that's the most... stupid and creepy excuse).

I just can't understand how their brains work... :mellow: Anyway they are few and most of us hate them... 

As they say-a well - posed question contains the answer.

You are good at shooting down planes and thus help your team. when you make a mistake and you are knocked down what reasons in addition to saving your statistics determine the time of the briefing within 1 second....?

And here is musketry you on parachute jump highly and highly useful for my team. on the one hand - this is a purely psychological bonus for those who came under your attack.

On the other hand, this is a psychological disadvantage for you, which is actually confirmed by the discussion you raised.

Although it wasn't just your lordship who was shot in the parachute.

All of the above-mentioned me-just are the very reasons why the time to go to the briefing would not be worth 15 seconds and 25. if "it's a game, it's only pixels you lose" then why start a discussion....?  ;)

It means you are evil...it's not just a game for you.....so do not deceive yourself and try to powder the brains of others, coming up with excuses for his craving for high statistics and fear of spoiling it.... those who do not worry about their statistics - do not start such discussions, they just fly and enjoy the game.....:bye:

• Upvote 1

Huuu , I'm happy there are no stupid question .... But I feel my ears quite red at the moment 🤡

I did it for a long time ago when I was a beginner and curious, but logged in again on TAW homepage ....... And now Imhave been out flying 

From Taman to Anapa , and btb Taman again ( course I see no enemy plane ) 

There should be some , but maybe they have a coffee break or so , Ill find out later ,

But I stayed alive my first trip .......thank you 😁

On 1/7/2019 at 7:45 AM, LLv24_Zami said:

Please check your targets carefully before shooting!

Last night I was shot 3 times by friendlies. One was a kill shot. These were accidents and these things happens sometimes to everybody, it`s understandable. But it seems that flying in WoL is more safe than TAW these days.

It is true, i have been a victim (as have many)

But friendly fire was quite common in WW2, so i see it as adding to the realism!!

Now if you're sat on a runway spraying friendlies as they spawn, that's a different matter.

As for the leaving time, it should be extended to 30 or even 45 seconds, 15 is way to short (IMO!)

Hello,

I am interested in translating the TAW Website to Spanish. Could you give me some information?

Regards

Posted (edited)
On 1/9/2019 at 7:55 AM, F/JG300_Faucon said:

You play, you win, you loose, at the end it's a game, so just: have fun.

I understand you Faucon something should be corrected...about me I can tell you is worst being killed by friendly fire( txs Ala13UnopaUno).

Edited by ITAF_Rani

On 1/7/2019 at 8:05 AM, =KG76=flyus747 said:

On TAW tonight, I witnessed yet another sekrit trick up the Pe2s sleeves as it slid back to cut off my tail and then scooted forward beyond the point from which he slid back. 

I'm sure it was just another one of those connection issues 

It was the same for me with a A20 Kuban #487 22:02:46 (Sorry for that GCA T1m270 or you apologize to me? ;) )

Extrem Rubberbanding.

3 hours ago, =FPS=Cutlass said:

those who do not worry about their statistics

What part of "you think I'm only thinking about my stat: you're wrong, again" you don't understand? :)

16 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Your whining and “holier than thou” mentality makes me want to start chute shooting.  Seriously.  Quit whining and carry on.  I promise that nobody cares about your serious problems with perfectly legal activities.

This TAW format looks very interesting.  Some of our squadron members eyes are not good enough to fly anymore, so to stay in the game they like to be gunners only.  How do we get permission to allow human gunners to sit in back ?  Currently if we try it kicks them out after a few minutes...  Am I missing something ?  

Thanks ....  Gonk

6 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

What part of "you think I'm only thinking about my stat: you're wrong, again" you don't understand? :)

Of all the mass of the pilots shot on a parachute, only you arranged a discussion of this, sucked out of the finger of the problem.

If you're not worried about the statistics as I imagine it is, then why all this discussion.....?

What you the difference 15 seconds you will hang out on a rag or 20.....?

And why 1 second will be enough for you.....?

4 hours ago, 69th_gonk said:

This TAW format looks very interesting.  Some of our squadron members eyes are not good enough to fly anymore, so to stay in the game they like to be gunners only.  How do we get permission to allow human gunners to sit in back ?  Currently if we try it kicks them out after a few minutes...  Am I missing something ?  

Thanks ....  Gonk

Flying as rear gunner is prohibited on this server. There are several reasons for that. Usually i would just say, read the manual. I just checked the manual, and that point is missing!  @=LG=Kathon could you maybe add this line to the manual to avoid confusion about the rear gunner rule? thanks

On 1/8/2019 at 3:33 PM, II./JG77_Con said:

Lots of new players have joined . Some cant even take off as whitnessed crash on take off or hit runway objects .

New player here, and sometimes I have problems in the runaway ... but I promise I'll not pull the trigger until I'm sure it's an enemy ;)

In WoL I have seen pilots ramming me or almost in the taxaway, when I was trying to do a correct Taxi, and they just went straight, without looking before running.

They seemed to control the plane much better than me, so it's not only newbies who create Havoc ...

43 minutes ago, =SFF=cercataa said:

New player here, and sometimes I have problems in the runaway ... but I promise I'll not pull the trigger until I'm sure it's an enemy ;)

In WoL I have seen pilots ramming me or almost in the taxaway, when I was trying to do a correct Taxi, and they just went straight, without looking before running.

They seemed to control the plane much better than me, so it's not only newbies who create Havoc ...

All for new pilots but TAW is a hardcore server . Thats all im saying .

Also its a stats server , pilots and aircraft lost = Win for enemy .

Has Axis lost interest in map 8.

Edited by II./JG77_Con

Dear TAW, is it possible to remove USA Navy or RAF aircraft skins for the next TAW? For realistic coherence?

Cheers, 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Jr_Lt_Tatanov said:

Dear TAW, is it possible to remove USA Navy or RAF aircraft skins for the next TAW? For realistic coherence?

Cheers, 

That would be great indeed, but i don't think this is possible. If i remember correctly, there is only an option to enable or disable the use of custom skins in the dedicated server settings. That's a feature the game devs would have to put into the game. So maybe post it in the "Developer Assistance/Suggestions" thread. 

Edited by I./JG62_Knipser
  • Like 1

*fly's western allies skin whenever available for an aircraft*  

Related image

Edited by =AVG77=Garven
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks =LG= for this Campaign! Had it's ups and downs, but in the end it was still fun to fly! See you all again next round. 

Edited by I./JG62_Knipser
  • Upvote 1