=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

2 hours ago, StG77_HvB said:

+1

+1

3 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

^This

The 72AG Training server mission got updated and now the detracked tanks disappear 20 or 30 seconds after they count as destroyed. Maybe you can make it so in TAW as well? At least as a temporary hotfix until the tank DM gets improved, so this would prevent the annoying detracked tanks (which are already counted as destroyed) from making players waste time trying to kill them?

I know IRL it was hard to determine if a tank was neutralized or not, however a detracked tank wouldn't count as destroyed (it could be retrieved and repaired), and also IRL having the tracks broken didn't suddenly make them much more resistant to damage. Ideally this would count as damage (yet not destroyed) and the actual destroyed status would be given when it explodes or gets set on fire via ammo/fuel tank.

+1

5 hours ago, StG77_Kondor said:

The new tank DM still needs further tweaking. Attacking a tank column in TAW is much harder than it needs to be, and this is not the fault of TAW admins. A de-tracked tank is not always given as a 'kill'. And once it is de-tracked it for some reason seems like it refills a 'health bar' and becomes even harder to kill. Just try for yourself in QMB with different planes, 129, IL-2, 87 with 37mm, and you will see.

To get an IL-2/Stuka in a position to properly use large cannons to strafe tanks in TAW was always a very difficult task that required good air cover, and more importantly AA suppression. With this new tank DM, you could do all of these things correctly, but still shoot at a tank that appears to be alive - but actually isn't. And in planes with very limited 37mm rounds, you have to make every shot count. You could waste 1/3 of your ammo before you just have to give up on the tank figuring it's already destroyed. 

Noticed this as well, the T34 started smoking and after suffering direct hits from my 50kg it never wanted to explode.  Have this recorded if proof needed

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, STOIKIY said:

no.  this two vidios i make in one day.
Mission creators can change the strength of objects and targets.

Strength of "static block" tanks can be changed by mission creator, but not "vehicle" tanks, which are shown in the video.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Did you guys made an official bug reports to the devs?

They have repeatedly stated that the tank DM is a WIP and will not be complete until the release of Tank Crew. We have to wait and see. 

After successfull registration and some missions, my player "yogy" gets kicked from the Server always before even entering the mission briefing. What is the reason? Thanks for answering!

PS: I returned to IL-2 after about 7 years "off" - it's awesome!

Edited by yogy
clarification

10 minutes ago, yogy said:

What is the reason?

Are you making sure you're selecting an aircraft that is currently available in your hanger?

Garven, see my edit: I cannot even enter the mission briefing... Anyway, thanks for that hint, I had learnt that already ;) .

Hey, guys. I have two questions I wasn't able to clear up from reading the manual or googling.

1) When attacking ground targets (e.g., a column of tanks or vehicles) or an area designed 'attack', how can I identify  undamaged targets among those already destroyed? I had some trouble last night trying to finish off both of these types of targets. I use VR and have three levels of zoom, but I still couldn't tell what final elements needed destroying.

2) I did a recon sortie inside one of the white circles. I wasn't able to reveal anything. What is the proper technique for doing these types of recon missions? I went up in a 109G4 and flew around randomly at altitude 1k.

Just wanted to say I think TAW is a great experience. Thanks to everyone involved in developing both the server and the community. Keep up the good work!

12 hours ago, yogy said:

After successfull registration and some missions, my player "yogy" gets kicked from the Server always before even entering the mission briefing. What is the reason? Thanks for answering!

PS: I returned to IL-2 after about 7 years "off" - it's awesome!

Welcome back then :p

If you have already done some missions, the registration is not a problem anymore then.
So the most probable reason seeing the time you posted your message : server was full (happens a lot during EU evening) and therefore even if it's written "82/84" players on the server list for example, there are 20 players trying to take those 2 free spots... which means that 18 of them will not enter :p

The only solution : patience 😄

Edited by -IRRE-Centx
  • Upvote 1

Po-2's .........

Can not deploy paras. However i would say good use would be a Recon or Sabotur missions .

Recon for DZ for enemy para drops ect .

5 hours ago, redcloud111 said:

Hey, guys. I have two questions I wasn't able to clear up from reading the manual or googling.

1) When attacking ground targets (e.g., a column of tanks or vehicles) or an area designed 'attack', how can I identify  undamaged targets among those already destroyed? I had some trouble last night trying to finish off both of these types of targets. I use VR and have three levels of zoom, but I still couldn't tell what final elements needed destroying.

2) I did a recon sortie inside one of the white circles. I wasn't able to reveal anything. What is the proper technique for doing these types of recon missions? I went up in a 109G4 and flew around randomly at altitude 1k.

Just wanted to say I think TAW is a great experience. Thanks to everyone involved in developing both the server and the community. Keep up the good work!

At the moment its very difficult to spot a damaged tank . We are waitting for a fix because of the new damage model .

6 hours ago, redcloud111 said:

Hey man,

1)As of v3.008, the devs have implemented a new damage model (which will most likely stay) for their ground vehicles.  In short, ground vehicles now have more sophisticated damage sorta like what you'd see in War Thunder. For instance, a shell wipes out the entire crew inside a T34, but from the outside there's almost no visual representation of any damage therefore for us online pilots, we simply cannot determine what is a dead tank or not. Admittedly, it's more realistic no doubt but as a game, this means players are spending precious ammo on tanks that are already "dead".

This was a move that was bound to take place due to the Tank Crew DLC schedule to release 2019 I believe.  

2) Scan the entire area, I'm gonna go on a limb and say you probably did not recon every inch of that circle.  When spotted , the convoy will pop up in the map.

Con and Flyus, thanks for the info about ground attacks. Regarding no.2, you are correct. I made a few passes in shortening circles. I will give it another try at some point. 

Either Spoutpout is cheating or the game is bugged: he appeared first in 20m distance at my dead six and shot me down instantly. Videoproof: he was not visible before.

2nd flight shortly afterwards the same with shyrik. spawned in in 30m distance. what´s wrong with this game???

Edited by JG4_Karl_Gratz
  • Sad 1

43 minutes ago, JG4_Karl_Gratz said:

Either Spoutpout is cheating or the game is bugged: he appeared first in 20m distance at my dead six and shot me down instantly. Videoproof: he was not visible before.

2nd flight shortly afterwards the same with shyrik. spawned in in 30m distance. what´s wrong with this game???

Same here. 3 Bombers in formation. The last bomber ist invisible for me and Knipser but Operation Ivy saw all three. The third appeared only 20 minutes later.  😰

20181229134643_1.jpg

Edited by JG4_RuckZuck

1 hour ago, redcloud111 said:

Con and Flyus, thanks for the info about ground attacks. Regarding no.2, you are correct. I made a few passes in shortening circles. I will give it another try at some point. 

Convoys are on the roads (sometimes few meters away from the road, but not far)
So you don't need to scan the entire area, just the roads;)

1 hour ago, JG4_RuckZuck said:

Same here. 3 Bombers in formation. The last bomber ist invisible for me and Knipser but Operation Ivy saw all three. The third appeared only 20 minutes later.  😰

20181229134643_1.jpg

Oookeeeey this is new. Its a bug or brand new game feature ?

2 minutes ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

Oookeeeey this is new. Its a bug or brand new game feature ?

New secret German technology, the stealth bomber

(on a serious note: no idea, sorry xD)

Edited by -IRRE-Centx

2 hours ago, -IRRE-Centx said:

New secret German technology, the stealth bomber

(on a serious note: no idea, sorry xD)

No also russian stealth, as written before

Bug on surovikino aerodrome, blue fighters spawning in snow, with 15` bank, aileron auto damage during taxi map no 7

• Upvote 1

Hello LG

Request the LW to hand out this scumbag to be shot (banned)

He disconnected right in front of me and nightrise, i have a screenshot and a ingame recording + acmi files and rise to verify

here are the recording files you can see him with tacview

the tacview file is in the attachments, if you want all of it have it here

https://ufile.io/gdacw

if you want another hoster or send me it directly let me know

the flight in question is this here

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=72756&name=StG2_Nosch

I also see its not the first time he DCed in an opportune situations

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=60373&name=StG2_Nosch

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=72618&name=StG2_Nosch

also check the dates these are consecutive offenses, top flight is my case says "in flight"

20181230014815_1.thumb.jpg.cf9e59dc7a88d95842e8b30f96631f38.jpg

image.png.35ba9a2cabf33316588da16796657456.png

image.thumb.png.02d45668d133864bb8662c85e0645a55.png

Greetings

stg2_nosch_acmi_only.rar

Edited by =FEW=N3croo
added tacview file as content
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

15 hours ago, =LG=Blakhart said:

Bug on surovikino aerodrome, blue fighters spawning in snow, with 15` bank, aileron auto damage during taxi map no 7

OMG this newb had a fit with the 109 on ice, first time on TAW. Until I permanently locked the tailwheel while taxying, I spun to the left with any throttle input no matter how much brakes were applied,  almost tripped a few landing Stukas, in my defense their lights were off:)

Those white painted Yaks are a real PITA, you fly out 10min constantly comparing the river bends with the map hoping not to miss the action, only to get shot out of nowhere.

Back to the furball servers for a while.

Edited by Kandiru

12 hours ago, =FEW=N3croo said:

Hello LG

Request the LW to hand out this scumbag to be shot (banned)

He disconnected right in front of me and nightrise, i have a screenshot and a ingame recording + acmi files and rise to verify

here are the recording files you can see him with tacview

the tacview file is in the attachments, if you want all of it have it here

https://ufile.io/gdacw

if you want another hoster or send me it directly let me know

the flight in question is this here

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=72756&name=StG2_Nosch

I also see its not the first time he DCed in an opportune situations

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=60373&name=StG2_Nosch

http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=72618&name=StG2_Nosch

also check the dates these are consecutive offenses, top flight is my case says "in flight"

20181230014815_1.thumb.jpg.cf9e59dc7a88d95842e8b30f96631f38.jpg

image.png.35ba9a2cabf33316588da16796657456.png

image.thumb.png.02d45668d133864bb8662c85e0645a55.png

Greetings

stg2_nosch_acmi_only.rar

Can confirm i id see him disco right as i got guns on him

Hi all!

Tonight I also gave the high-altitude fighter to an invisible bomber....
Mission:

30.12.2018 17:51:52  Stalingrad_Center #376

Here we see firing in the middle of the contrails

I also did a track to anyone interested.
It will be appropriate to send the whole thing to the developers? 🤔

Best regards and HNY!

bug.jpg

Edited by ITA_SUPMannaia
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ITA_SUPMannaia said:

Hi all!

Tonight I also gave the high-altitude fighter to an invisible bomber....
Mission:

30.12.2018 17:51:52  Stalingrad_Center #376

Here we see firing in the middle of the contrails

I also did a track to anyone interested.
It will be appropriate to send the whole thing to the developers? 🤔

Best regards and HNY!

bug.jpg

A bug that needs to be reported and dealt with.  Please send the recording to a developer or make a bug report!

I've seen this.  I've flown to intercept bombers heading for the Soviet depot and found contrails floating in space, occasionally with tracers flying around.  They're ghosts, fantasmas, like the ones you see in the parking spaces sometimes(where you see the dust from a running engine and/or hear weapons firing from nowhere or sounds of being hit) .  The real bombers had moved past that point and left behind that trace that I could see but my wingman could not.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas

Guys post this in the bug reports section... 

TAW admins can't do anything about this, only il-2 Devs can fix it, but if you post here they will never see it :/

• Upvote 2

Is permitted shoot at parachute?

Flak shot me down, i bail out and two guys (with bad aim down) shooted at my parachute.
I've name of one of them.

4 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Is permitted shoot at parachute?

Flak shot me down, i bail out and two guys (with bad aim down) shooted at my parachute.
I've name of one of them.

Don't think there is anything explicitly against it in the rules, all is fair in love and war.

2 minutes ago, AmpD said:

Don't think there is anything explicitly against it in the rules, all is fair in love and war.

Roger that!

6 minutes ago, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Roger that!

Still regarded as a pretty horrible thing to do though so I would suggest avoiding following in their footsteps.

"Attacking parachutists from aircraft in distress is a war crime under the Protocol I addition to the 1949 Geneva Conventions. Firing on airborne forces who are descending by parachute is not prohibited." 

"After World War I, a series of meetings were held at The Hague in 1922–1923. Based on the testimony of First World War pilots, a commission of jurists attempted to codify this practice with the Hague Rules of Air Warfare. Article 20 prescribed that:

When an aircraft has been disabled, the occupants when endeavoring to escape by means of parachute must not be attacked in the course of their descent"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_parachutists

Edited by AmpD
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, AmpD said:

Still regarded as a pretty horrible thing to do though so I would suggest avoiding following in their footsteps.

"Attacking parachutists from aircraft in distress is a war crime under the Protocol I addition to the 1949 Geneva Conventions. Firing on airborne forces who are descending by parachute is not prohibited." 

"After World War I, a series of meetings were held at The Hague in 1922–1923. Based on the testimony of First World War pilots, a commission of jurists attempted to codify this practice with the Hague Rules of Air Warfare. Article 20 prescribed that:

When an aircraft has been disabled, the occupants when endeavoring to escape by means of parachute must not be attacked in the course of their descent"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attacks_on_parachutists

USAF routinely shot parachutists during WW2, using exactly the same justification as xJammer -- there is no law against it...

From TAW community glossary:

1345a_ Chute killing any pilot = douc*e bag move

1345b_ Chute killing =LG=; JGr8; and squads alike = justice

1345c_ Chute killing xJammer and trolls alike = pest control

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 3

Really bad lagg and zig zaging yaks its impossible to get on target like this ``i have a ping of 31 something needs tobe done with netcode or stoping people joining with high pings . Its got worst on here . i have fiber 25mb down and 8mb up ..whats happend ...

New Year break!

TAW will be resumed at about 15:00 UTC 01.01.2019

Happy New Year!!!!!

:salute:

3 minutes ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

And who told you there will be such stop ?

It's time to celebrate 😄

Happy new Year too all that fly TAW.

pilots1use_3223402k.jpg

Edited by II./JG77_Con