Jump to content
=LG=Kathon

Tactical Air War

Recommended Posts

:)

 

Creo que coldman tiene razon....  no importa que la suministres la base al 300% porque al final si ellos la atacaron... se comen todo el supply y el parser lo deja con el daño causado.  :(

 

 

I think coldamn is right.....  No matters how many supply made reds can do along the mission... parser at the end made counts...  and i think last event he counts was level damage caused... in this case 83% with paratroopers. All red time supply,  was a waste of time..... will be interesting know how exactly works this mecanics.... maybe is better wait until last minut for made a supply for compensate damage received along mission ?

 

But i think ... actually the idea is at the end of mission, parser check status of base and simple apply damage caused . The cronological of events dont matter ... if this is the case. Is a great advantage for attack team becasuse no matter how many effort do defence team to resupply . once time one attack is doing,  is imposible a counter supply along the same mission for restablish situation .... and if this mechanics repeat along mission... 

 

example : ( no cronological ) all eventes count at the end.

 

-krasno start at 30 % damage
-along  the mssion received 200 % of supply  .
-Level at the end will be 100% ( maximum posible)
- Krasno was attacked  along the mission and received 80 damage .
- Krasno ends with 80% damage

 

example : ( apply cronolocial )

 

- Krasno start al 30 %
- Krasno suffer parachute attack an received 80 % damage
- Krasno its at 0 %
- Krasno received 150 % supply
- Krasno end at 100%

 

Repeat i dont exactly know how it works

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, =LG=Coldman said:

It was damaged by paratroopers and supply is 100% so everything is working I think 

 

So you are saying a single Ju-52 (only 1 guy droped parachutes mis. #432) can override a full supply column plus all air supply applied to an airfield? 

 

@=LG=Kathon could you explain a bit further how supply is applied to an airfield please? Isn’t supply counted at the end of the events? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Chimango if this is true....

 

I suposse formula used for parser is something similar to :

 

First possibility

 

Final status base =  Init status + supply - damage.

 

This is very important , the order of factors in this case is the key.

 

If this is the formula,  no matters how many supply you do an when do you do. Allways enemy attack your base, this attack will be reflected on next mission.  This type of formula is especially against  ground supply.  Because if paser made counts at the end applying this formula....   supply via train or conboy was added to sum level , but because just after is apply damage.... at the end is like attacks does to base was does to train or convoy. 

 

This formula is better to attack side.

 

We have another possible formulas :

 

Second possibility

 

Final status base = init status - damage + supply

 

This formula  is better for defence side.

 

Third Possibility

 

Final status base = init status + ( chronological order of events )

 

In this case seems are more adjusted and fair. Is important because if supply convoys dont be attacked , they count as they have to count. Is important   stablish chronological order for parachutes ( can be moment of drop, or just before ground supply arrives ). Is needed apply suministrie levels from 0 to 100% and mantain inside limits amount of damage or supply possibles.

 

Last possibility

 

No one of previous.

 

:)

 

 

 

Edited by 666GIAP_Tumu
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

But supply on 100% dosent mean 100 % repair. It will use the supply to slowly repair airfield in couple of missions. Like in real life you can destroy airfield In few minutes but you can't repair it in one day or 2. There is only limited percentage per mission that can be repaired by gathered supply on airfield

Edited by =LG=Coldman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens if Red win this round, does the campaign end in a draw, or is their a 9th tie-breaker map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, No.64_Drifter said:

Great changes overall. I'm glad to here about the "Kicked if you die" addition. Like Kathon said, this will make the rotation better for those who are trying to get in. I feel like it will also encourage the need to stay alive aswell. I welcome any harsh punishment to those who die or get captured, as it simulates in some way that you actually 'Died" and you fucked up, and you need to do better and remember that there are punishments for when you die.

 

Can see the benefits but also as a new player, dying and capture are part of the learning curve. It could discourage new players. I have zero knowledge of servers and play very little multiplayer games but could the participant number not be increased?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, SwimsWithSharks said:

 

Can see the benefits but also as a new player, dying and capture are part of the learning curve. It could discourage new players. I have zero knowledge of servers and play very little multiplayer games but could the participant number not be increased?

 

TAW is not a beginner friendly server nor is it intended to be one. If you are still new to the game you can practice on other servers (mainly berloga, knights of the air and wings of liberty). The Player count can not be increased.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Operation_Ivy said:

TAW is not a beginner friendly server nor is it intended to be one. If you are still new to the game you can practice on other servers (mainly berloga, knights of the air and wings of liberty). The Player count can not be increased.

 

 Thanks for the info. I will look at those other servers, cheers for the recommend.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday Evening there was 4 Red Tank colums spawn in on every new Map in a Row. How can it be? 

All of this going to Stebelinskaya. 

Today both Depots was bombt down... But same again, Tank Convoi after Tank 

Spawn new in.

A other problem is the new balance script... If to many blues on the Server,there is no Airfield on the Country available. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JG4_Widukind said:

Yesterday Evening there was 4 Red Tank colums spawn in on every new Map in a Row. How can it be? 

All of this going to Stebelinskaya. 

Today both Depots was bombt down... But same again, Tank Convoi after Tank 

Spawn new in.

A other problem is the new balance script... If to many blues on the Server,there is no Airfield on the Country available. 

 

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/338813128722874378/471814301762453527/CCCP.webm

 

Edited by CptSiddy
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am an IL2 noob. Can someone explain how I know which aircraft I can choose on this server? I think the active map allowed 109 G2, G4 and G6's but when I clicked on the G4 and 6's it said I would be kicked if I didn't change. Do I have to build up points to use them?  What is the max ping you would recommend for multiplayer servers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hatredy said:

I am an IL2 noob. Can someone explain how I know which aircraft I can choose on this server? I think the active map allowed 109 G2, G4 and G6's but when I clicked on the G4 and 6's it said I would be kicked if I didn't change. Do I have to build up points to use them?  What is the max ping you would recommend for multiplayer servers?

Read this.

https://taw.stg2.de/manual.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can someone advise, not sure of why I cannot fly my Ju52. When I first started TAW I could use the Ju52, I did a few drops but was then shot down. Since then I am unable to use the plane. I understand there are limited number of aircraft spawns but other planes have been available again after a certain period but not the Ju52. It has been a couple of days now since being shot down and still my profile and in game show zero availability. It is a shame because I actually like the transport aspect of this game rather than the fighting. I did think of using the He 111 but I cannot see any cargo options in loadout. I have read the manual but there is no detail or guides to transport. I think this lack of flight manuals etc is the only negative to an outstanding game as a whole. Response or pointers to player guides would be greatly appreciated. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As mentioned in game chat, I am reporting following player  : VOLGA.

sortie : http://taw.stg2.de/pilot_sortie.php?id=87718&name==FSB=HandyNasty

 

I typed multiple warnings in chat and flashed my lights. It's not the first time an allied plane gets close to me to make sure I'm a spit, so i didn't go hard-core evasive and that clearly was a mistake here.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SwimsWithSharks said:

Can someone advise, not sure of why I cannot fly my Ju52. When I first started TAW I could use the Ju52, I did a few drops but was then shot down. Since then I am unable to use the plane. I understand there are limited number of aircraft spawns but other planes have been available again after a certain period but not the Ju52. It has been a couple of days now since being shot down and still my profile and in game show zero availability. It is a shame because I actually like the transport aspect of this game rather than the fighting. I did think of using the He 111 but I cannot see any cargo options in loadout. I have read the manual but there is no detail or guides to transport. I think this lack of flight manuals etc is the only negative to an outstanding game as a whole. Response or pointers to player guides would be greatly appreciated. :)

 

Quote

You may also resupply friendly airfields by transport airplanes. Transport planes are: Ju 52/3m with cargo, also Pe-2, He-111, Ju-88 with 100% fuel and no bombs and rockets. Ju-52 with cargo resupply airfield by about 7%, others by about 4%. You must takeoff from an airfield damaged less than 40% and successfully land on an airfield damaged more than 0%. If you successful in transport then you get  a Combat Mission.

 

http://taw.stg2.de/manual.php

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, OpticFlow said:

You may also resupply friendly airfields by transport airplanes. Transport planes are: Ju 52/3m with cargo, also Pe-2, He-111, Ju-88 with 100% fuel and no bombs and rockets. Ju-52 with cargo resupply airfield by about 7%, others by about 4%. You must takeoff from an airfield damaged less than 40% and successfully land on an airfield damaged more than 0%. If you successful in transport then you get  a Combat Mission.

 

Thank you for this info, especially the loadout of other transport planes. Any idea why my Ju-52 is still unavailable after such a long time? I will try and obtain a successful transport mission and see if this unlocks the plane once again. Once again thank you for your assistance :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SwimsWithSharks said:

 

Thank you for this info, especially the loadout of other transport planes. Any idea why my Ju-52 is still unavailable after such a long time? I will try and obtain a successful transport mission and see if this unlocks the plane once again. Once again thank you for your assistance :)

 

 

When you lose a plane, it stays lost until you earn enough CM to replenish it (except for planes marked with +1). The order of earned planes is controlled by the preferences you select in your profile on taw.stg2.de (fighters/attackers/bombers).

 

All that and more you can read in the manual ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, =LG=Coldman said:

But supply on 100% dosent mean 100 % repair. It will use the supply to slowly repair airfield in couple of missions. Like in real life you can destroy airfield In few minutes but you can't repair it in one day or 2. There is only limited percentage per mission that can be repaired by gathered supply on airfield

 

I understand this, but what happens in Krasnodar is not the case with other airfields which get repaired much sooner!. For the last three consecutive missions Krasno was not attacked, it got all kind of supply by air and land and doesn´t get rapaired at least to a level to open it.
 

Mission #448 https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=448

Mission #447 https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=447

Mission #446 https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=446

 

I mean, the speed the repairs get done should go toghether with the ammount of supply it gets. I hope whenever you have time @=LG=Kathon you can explain to us a little bit more about how supply works regarding damage % and supply % 

Edited by 666GIAP_Chimango

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a bad examble of this spawn Tank Convois on Stebelinskaya.4 Times in a row a new Tank Convoi.

IMG_20190106_003338neu3.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, JG4_Widukind said:

a bad examble of this spawn Tank Convois on Stebelinskaya.4 Times in a row a new Tank Convoi.

IMG_20190106_003338neu3.jpg

 

Welcome to VVS TAW since like 3 TAWS in row. 

 

I hope you enjoy your stay. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2019 at 10:14 PM, DerSheriff said:

image.png.d31566dc9e34a46d08b4588620d9fc56.png

Can we please have here displayed which team is on offense? Like "Allied counter attack!" So it at least somewhat clear why one team has more stuff?
For a beginner its not clear and its not in the manual.

Good point, I added it to "to-do" list.

 

 

14 hours ago, JG4_Widukind said:

Yesterday Evening there was 4 Red Tank colums spawn in on every new Map in a Row. How can it be? 

All of this going to Stebelinskaya. 

Today both Depots was bombt down... But same again, Tank Convoi after Tank 

Spawn new in.

A other problem is the new balance script... If to many blues on the Server,there is no Airfield on the Country available. 

 

Could you provide mission numbers, please? We will have sure we are talking about the same situations. 

 

1 hour ago, JG4_Widukind said:

a bad example of the new balance system

IMG_20190104_015647neu.jpg

IMG_20181218_174720.jpg

FLA - Front-Line Airfields.

 

Not necessarily. In my opinion it works fine. Please bear in mint that FLA are closed if: total number of players for one side is greater  than total number of players for the other side + 7 (here when #blue > #red + 7) and number of spawned aircraft on FLA is greater that number of spawned aircraft on FLA for the other side.

 

So if there were  15  spawned red aircraft on FLA then up to 15 blue aircraft could have been spawned. So the number of spawned aircraft on FLA for both sides may be equal. 

 

 

 

1 hour ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

 

I understand this, but what happens in Krasnodar is not the case with other airfields which get repaired much sooner!. For the last three consecutive missions Krasno was not attacked, it got all kind of supply by air and land and doesn´t get rapaired at least to a level to open it.
 

Mission #448 https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=448

Mission #447 https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=447

Mission #446 https://taw.stg2.de/pilots_mission.php?mission_id=446

 

I mean, the speed the repairs get done should go toghether with the ammount of supply it gets. I hope whenever you have time @=LG=Kathon you can explain to us a little bit more about how supply works regarding damage % and supply % 

 

#444 AF Krasnodar was destroyed 100%

#445 AF Krasnodar wasn't repaired (damaged in previous mission) 

#446 AF Krasnodar repaired after mission to 93%

#447 AF Krasnodar repaired after mission to 85%

#448 AF Krasnodar repaired after mission to 80%

 

The repair rate vary between 5% and 9% after each mission if there is enough supply level (more than 0%). If you have more question don't hesitate to ask. 

 

1 hour ago, JG4_Widukind said:

a bad examble of this spawn Tank Convois on Stebelinskaya.4 Times in a row a new Tank Convoi.

IMG_20190106_003338neu3.jpg

Red tanks to Steblivskaya were generated in 3 missions: #438, #439, #440

Blue tank to Krasnodar was generated in 1 mission: #437

Blue tanks to to Grivenskaya were generated in 2 missions: #439, #441

 

Red depots were completely destroyed in mission #440 so in next mission #441 it changed spawn probability ratio to 60%/40% in favor to blue side. Earlier it was near 50%/50%.

 

Steblivskaya in those missions was "connected" with 4 enemy cities so it was more probably that red tank  would have been generated on a connection with Steblivskaya city.

 

But I think that in mission #440 red tanks shouldn't have been generated between Timashevskaya and Steblivskaya (it was generated there two missions before).  I have to fix tank spawn algorithm.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, SwimsWithSharks said:

 

Can see the benefits but also as a new player, dying and capture are part of the learning curve. It could discourage new players. I have zero knowledge of servers and play very little multiplayer games but could the participant number not be increased?

 

Thats why there are servers such as WOL, Coconut, and Finnish to teach you. Jumping into TAW with little to no knowledge isn't a smart idea and you will pay dearly for it.

And sadly numbers cannot be increased. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, =LG=Kathon said:

#444 AF Krasnodar was destroyed 100%

#445 AF Krasnodar wasn't repaired (damaged in previous mission) 

#446 AF Krasnodar repaired after mission to 93%

#447 AF Krasnodar repaired after mission to 85%

#448 AF Krasnodar repaired after mission to 80%

 

The repair rate vary between 5% and 9% after each mission if there is enough supply level (more than 0%). If you have more question don't hesitate to ask. 

 

Ok, thank you very much for the explanation, but please, i insist Krasnodar repair/supply is not working well and needs to be fixed:

 

#449 Airfield in Krasnodar was repaired to 74% (now it's open, but according to manual it can still be closed for 1 to 2 missions after repaired) Ok, BUT:
#450 Airfield in Krasnodar was repaired to 69% =1st mission

#451 Airfield in Krasnodar was repaired to 61%=2nd mission

#452 Airfield in Krasnodar STILL CLOSED

 

map_nr452.jpg

 

So please, it shouldn't be closed, it should be fully operative. I hope it can be fixed.

 

Edit: finally, it's open. Thanks.

Edited by 666GIAP_Chimango
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As Chimanov said there is something strange about Krasnodar.

For example in mission 447 Krasnodar was repaired at 85% and still close on mission 448. On mission 448 Krasnodar wasn`t attack and it was repaired at 80%

If I understand correctly 85% represent 85 of 100.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

On TAW tonight, I witnessed yet another sekrit trick up the Pe2s sleeves as it slid back to cut off my tail and then scooted forward beyond the point from which he slid back. 

 

 

I'm sure it was just another one of those connection issues 

 

Edited by =KG76=flyus747

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Please check your targets carefully before shooting!

 

Last night I was shot 3 times by friendlies. One was a kill shot. These were accidents and these things happens sometimes to everybody, it`s understandable. But it seems that flying in WoL is more safe than TAW these days.

 

 

Edited by LLv24_Zami

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, =KG76=flyus747 said:

On TAW tonight, I witnessed yet another sekrit trick up the Pe2s sleeves as it slid back to cut off my tail and then scooted forward beyond the point from which he slid back. 

 

 

I'm sure it was just another one of those connection issues 

 

 

It's just odd that Russian aircraft seem to survive air crashes pretty much every time. I had a head-on crash against an La-5 FN with almost 1000kph relative speed, exploded in mid-air with insta dead pilot while the FN kept flying happily and even managed to ditch in friendly territory and claim a kill 🙄

One mission later, after shooting up an IL-2 pretty bad (unloading half ammunition) i saw another 109 crashing into his already badly damaged tail, 109 was falling apart, IL-2 kept happily flying... but i guess Russian aircraft need all balancing they can get 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

 

Ok, thank you very much for the explanation, but please, i insist Krasnodar repair/supply is not working well and needs to be fixed:

 

#449 Airfield in Krasnodar was repaired to 74% (now it's open, but according to manual it can still be closed for 1 to 2 missions after repaired) Ok, BUT:
#450 Airfield in Krasnodar was repaired to 69% =1st mission

#451 Airfield in Krasnodar was repaired to 61%=2nd mission

#452 Airfield in Krasnodar STILL CLOSED

 

map_nr452.jpg

 

So please, it shouldn't be closed, it should be fully operative. I hope it can be fixed.

 

Edit: finally, it's open. Thanks.

 

I checked the script and it turned out that an airfield can be still closed up to 3 missions if it's repaired below 75% (That's why Krasnodar was closed for 3 next missions).  It's an old condition from the previous campaigns where there were no supply resources at all on the airfields and airfields were repaired much quicker. Now where repair rate is much slower this condition is no longer needed and I will change it that airfield will be open as soon as it's damage is below 75%. 

 

Thanks for finding this issue.

 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Server is running for more than 2h.

 

Yes, 2h 27min right now, but no way to get in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

 

It's just odd that Russian aircraft seem to survive air crashes pretty much every time[...]

[...] but i guess Russian aircraft need all balancing they can get 😛 [...]

 

Yet another one sided comment, based on inaccurate asumptions that add nothing useful at all. We can also start uploading videos, or post comments of 109/Fw190s ramming VVS fighters and getting away with it while we get killed or severely damaged. Get your sh*t together and stop flooding forums with nonsense.

 

 

  • Upvote 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 666GIAP_Chimango said:

 

Yet another one sided comment, based on inaccurate asumptions that add nothing useful at all. We can also start uploading videos, or post comments of 109/Fw190s ramming VVS fighters and getting away with it while we get killed or severely damaged. Get your sh*t together and stop flooding forums with nonsense.

 

 

 

Odd, i have yet to see such an occasion. Anyway, it doesn't belong in the TaW thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, =LG=Leutnant_Artur said:

I don't get it, there is so many friendly fire...


IL2 Multiplayer seems to become more and more popular recently, there are lots of new online Pilots. That's a good thing! TAW Server is public and open for everyone, that's also a good thing. Some of those new players just lack the necessary experience to fly on a full real sim server like TAW, that is the downside. Practicing in single player arcade mode with red and blue markers doesn't really help to improve your plane identification skills. Had this experience quite often this campaign, friendly fighter closing in on my six, i mean really f***ing close!  Sometimes i have the feeling, that they really expect you to flash your lights or waggle your wings to show them, that you're a friendly.  Getting killed by an incompetent team mate is really frustrating, but i guess we just have to get used to it, there is not much you can do about it. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, =KG76=flyus747 said:

On TAW tonight, I witnessed yet another sekrit trick up the Pe2s sleeves as it slid back to cut off my tail and then scooted forward beyond the point from which he slid back. 

 

 

I'm sure it was just another one of those connection issues 


Lol. You also crashed into an A-20 last night. It looks like you keep putting yourself in a situation where something like this is likely to happen. 

Edited by StG77_Kondor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, II./JG77_Manu* said:

 

It's just odd that Russian aircraft seem to survive air crashes pretty much every time. I had a head-on crash against an La-5 FN with almost 1000kph relative speed, exploded in mid-air with insta dead pilot while the FN kept flying happily and even managed to ditch in friendly territory and claim a kill 🙄

One mission later, after shooting up an IL-2 pretty bad (unloading half ammunition) i saw another 109 crashing into his already badly damaged tail, 109 was falling apart, IL-2 kept happily flying... but i guess Russian aircraft need all balancing they can get 😛

 

 

It's the bias of your own negative experiences.  My wingman consistently has the same experience where a 109 will dive on him from a high altitude and conduct a pass at too high a speed.  The 109 will run into him in my wingman's world but not in the 109's world, and he'll either explode or have both his wings and tail and everything ripped off.  He's developed a pavlovian fear response at this point, frankly, and will be convinced it's going to happen again if we know there's an Axis fighter high above us.

 

But it's a connection/netcode issue, not some conspiracy.  It is important to put your own experiences into perspective and not think that the grass is always greener on the enemy side of the fence.

Edited by 7.GShAP/Silas
  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...