DD today?

Blooddawn1942

3 minutes ago, Yogiflight said:

But at least with your wife you know, who hits you:P

Not me, my wife is sneaky - I can only suspect. I feel a tap on the head, turn around and there is only the cat with a vacant expression on his face, and a distant titter from the living room. 

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

They are cooking something big.

747/Me323 coming to IL2?

Ooooh I hope it's the 747-K4 with MW50!

I doubt we’ll get a DD until next week due to the release of Desert Wings-Tobruk today, but you never know. Maybe, just maybe we’ll get one tomorrow.

• Upvote 1

BladeMeister

Next week for sure. Jason is going to let TFS have the spotlight this week. A great gesture IMHO.

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 1

Jade_Monkey
42 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

Next week for sure. Jason is going to let TFS have the spotlight this week. A great gesture IMHO.

S!Blade<><

A DD and a Release don't really compete in the same league, especially because the DD does not come with a patch that steals playing time from the other.

Either way, not a big deal.

MSFS2020 looks likely to be occupying most of my time for the next month or two if something doesn't happen here soon.  :mellow:

=gRiJ=Roman-

Sad that because of Tobruk? We aren't getting any news?

I hope this is not the reason and that it is because we are getting something big soon.

BladeMeister

It is pretty amazing how ungrateful and selfish some people here can be.  The Devs go way overboard sharing GBS info, pics and technical explanations as to what they are working on. Way more than most other flight sim Devs. Desert Wings Tobruk is part of the IL2 family and now supported by 1C, and TFS has worked for years on this project. They have had to  meet 1C's quality requirements to even have DWsT released, so people should at the least respect this accomplishment and let them have their product featured and take center stage for this release. It's a good thing it is not up to me or I wouldn't release a DD next week either, just because people are being pissy and childish. Learn to appreciate the extra effort the Devs put out to produce the DDs we get and stop acting like they owe us the DDs. They don't.

S!Blade<><

• Confused 2
  • Upvote 2

BraveSirRobin
4 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

It is pretty amazing how ungrateful and selfish some people here can be.  The Devs go way overboard sharing GBS info, pics and technical explanations as to what they are working on. Way more than most other flight sim Devs. Desert Wings Tobruk is part of the IL2 family and now supported by 1C, and TFS has worked for years on this project. They have had to  meet 1C's quality requirements to even have DWsT released, so people should at the least respect this accomplishment and let them have their product featured and take center stage for this release. It's a good thing it is not up to me or I wouldn't release a DD next week either, just because people are being pissy and childish. Learn to appreciate the extra effort the Devs put out to produce the DDs we get and stop acting like they owe us the DDs. They don't.

S!Blade<><

lol

When BoS was released you trashed this dev team and left.  

• Haha 1

cardboard_killer
20 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

lol

When BoS was released you trashed this dev team and left.  

Well, there was less to be grateful for at the time :)

BraveSirRobin
1 minute ago, cardboard_killer said:

Well, there was less to be grateful for at the time :)

there was actually plenty to be grateful for.  CloD had crashed and burned and no one else was working on a WW2 flight sim.  But that didn’t stop the Blademeister from trashing this dev team.  

BladeMeister

That is a bold faced lie BSR. I felt like I had been ripped off after being one of the first early access customers and then playing the original BOS. I stood my ground, stated the things that I felt sucked, at times in a very passionate and aggressive angry way, but I never trashed the team. In fact I won a free copy of BOM in the picture contest on this forum before BOMs release, but I PMed Jason and told him I couldn't accept it because I was such a vocal adamantly dissatisfied BOS customer that I didn't feel right accepting it. If anything I feel like I helped the team by standing by my convictions, along with many other dissatisfied customers and letting them know where they had screwed up and what needed to be added or fixed. Jason and 1C have added or fixed most everything that I and many others held their feet to the fire over. Crawl back under the rock you came out from and keep your lies to yourself. I still stand behind everything I have ever posted posted on any Forum about BOS or any other BOX sim, except now I am a much more satisfied TGBS customer with the many great changes that been made and added. Spotting, the AI and the career still need some hard work done, but at least I see 1C is acknowledging these concerns and slowly making some improvements. I have confidence they will get it right.

P.S. to anyone reading this, I have BSR on ignore, please don't quote him so I don't have to read his worthless lies. I haven't read anything he has posted in over 2 years and I would like it to be even longer this next time. Thanks for your consideration.

SBlade<><

Edit: I have a feeling we will see a DD next week and it will contain pics of the Hurri! Just a hunch.

Edited by BladeMeister

BraveSirRobin
20 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

That is a bold faced lie BSR. I felt like I had been ripped off after being one of the first early access customers and then playing the original BOS. I stood my ground, stated the things that I felt sucked, at times in a very passionate and aggressive angry way, but I never trashed the team.

Not only am I not lying, but your response pretty much confirms that I'm not lying.  You felt ripped off?  You got exactly what you paid for.  You bitched and complained and trashed the dev team and left.  All your posts are still here.  

40 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

Jason and 1C have added or fixed most everything that I and many others held their feet to the fire over.

This is especially comical.  You didn't hold anyone's feet to anything.  You left.  Period.  When you came back the game had been updated like many of us expected.  But it had nothing to do with you.  Because you left.

Jade_Monkey
2 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

S!Blade<><

None of what you said makes any sense. 

People are being selfish because they want to hear more about BoX development on the BOX section of the forum in a post dedicated to DDs?

Sounds like you are being the selfish one by demanding people not talk about DDs so they don't steal the spotlight for a different product YOU are interested in.

It's also funny you say we should learn to appreciate DDs when the entire thread is an appreciation of DDs and pure excitement for them.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

BladeMeister
5 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

None of what you said makes any sense. 

People are being selfish because they want to hear more about BoX development on the BOX section of the forum in a post dedicated to DDs?

Sounds like you are being the selfish one by demanding people not talk about DDs so they don't steal the spotlight for a different product YOU are interested in.

It's also funny you say we should learn to appreciate DDs when the entire thread is an appreciation of DDs and pure excitement for them.

Every bit of what I wrote makes perfect sense.

Selfish

1.MSFS2020 looks likely to be occupying most of my time for the next month or two if something doesn't happen here soon. We just had a major patch here, what 3 weeks ago?

2.I hope this is not the reason and that it is because we are getting something big soon. We just had a major patch here, what 3 weeks ago?

3.A DD and a Release don't really compete in the same league, especially because the DD does not come with a patch that steals playing time from the other.  So are you saying they should have given us a DD anyway? Ok, that is selfish. It is what it is, they didn't.

Demanding

1.I didn't demand anything, but it is pretty plain to see why there is not a DD this week or last week for that matter. So, Respect the reason and things will get back to normal here soon enough and don't be a DB(not you personally, but for some) about it! <---now that could be construed as demanding, but take it how you will.

Appreciation

1. Whining about there had better be a good reason for not having a DD(something big happening), threatening to go and buy MS2020 and spend your time flying it or saying you should have gotten a DD because a DD doesn't come with a patch release and doesn't compete with DWT is not appreciation. That is disrespectful to the Devs when it is plain to see what is going on right now.

I miss the DDs also and have missed them the last what 3 or 4 weeks, but IL2 Desert Wings Tobruk is a 1C product developed by TFS. It is not a different product, not in competition with TGBS.  It is merely another product offered by 1C, and when you have a new product offered on the market you put it in the spotlight and make it the main focus of your product line at least for a short while. It is simple marketing , really.  It is another offering to help bring in revenue that will keep 1C, 777 and TFS(hopefully, at least IMHO) in the Flight Sim Developing market for a longtime to come.

Either way, not a big deal. Your perception and my perception = totally different. I agree to disagree with you and be on my way.

S!Blade<><

cardboard_killer
1 hour ago, Jade_Monkey said:

I think it's fair to say that people demanding a DD else they're going to quit playing because they are owed a DD are selfish. I don't know  what was said about BoM when it was released, as it was way before my time here and regardless don't think it's relevant to my first sentence.

Edited by cardboard_killer
  • Upvote 1

BraveSirRobin
Just now, cardboard_killer said:

I think it's fair to say that people demanding a DD else they're going to quit playing because they are owed a DD is selfish.

Who is doing that?

cardboard_killer
3 hours ago, BraveSirRobin said:

there was actually plenty to be grateful for.  CloD had crashed and burned and no one else was working on a WW2 flight sim.

Well, it was a joke, but by that logic it is selfish to threaten quiting now for a month without a DD.

1 minute ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Who is doing that?

This guy.

6 hours ago, Vortice said:

MSFS2020 looks likely to be occupying most of my time for the next month or two if something doesn't happen here soon.  :mellow:

cardboard_killer
4 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Maybe try sending him a message instead of smearing everyone else.

That's a good  point that could be directed a the person who made the over generalization. Also something about keeping  up with the conversation before making good poimts.

4 hours ago, BladeMeister said:

It is pretty amazing how ungrateful and selfish some people here can be. 

cardboard_killer
6 minutes ago, Firdimigdi said:

Relax, it's August, you got to keep DDs in the fridge or they'll spoil.

You mean next to all my jars of my own urine? That's gross.

• Haha 4

28 minutes ago, sevenless said:

About time to set this thread on track again...

WOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOooooo!

It‘s off track, cuz of a hurricane

3 hours ago, ROCKET_KNUT said:

Too lazy to type...

too lazy to type.png

At first I thought "what's up with those watermelons?" and then they slapped me in the face... DD... I get it....  :lol:

• Haha 3

Just now, Stoopy said:

At first I thought "what's up with those watermelons?" and then they slapped me in the face... DD... I get it....  :lol:

Or it could be a hint to that 🤣:

image.png.c7b828236e9aac73534967c0e6936c79.png

• Haha 3

ROCKET_KNUT
18 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Or it could be a hint to that 🤣:

It doesn´t... :lol: @Stoopy  got it right I think. I left a hint on the engine nacelles or the gear doors, not sure where,

have no picture right now and no time to fire up the sim and look for it. Sry for off toppic. 😉

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sevenless said:

About time to set this thread on track again...

WOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOooooo!

Yep that did the trick.