Well...title speaks for itself. :)

I was wondering, if the developers are going to show something to us this friday or if they are going to skip it for now.

I hope too. Maybe small summer map ; > ?

Edited by YoYo

All I care about right now is that they are aware of the broken textures and are going to try and fix it.

No amount of new planes is going to change anything for me unfortunately.

• Upvote 4

All I care about right now is that they are aware of the broken textures and are going to try and fix it.

No amount of new planes is going to change anything for me unfortunately.

Quite true. I hope they are going to somehow fix it.

• Upvote 1

We all want to enjoy the new summer terrain with 8k texture resolution don't we? :)

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka

We all want to enjoy the new summer terrain with 8k texture resolution don't we? :)

No we want to enjoy the new terrains with the same quality we already had before the last patch.

More importantly if they said they were aware of this then people can sit back and be patient, it makes no sense to be silent and it just winds people up or makes them think that it's not going to get fixed.

• Upvote 1

Maybe a preliminary changelog for the update that will bring us the Macchi in 1-2 weeks? :biggrin:

Well thats what I had before the patch ;)

Seems like some people are more affected than others because of how we use the FOV. People who fly more zoomed out like myself see a blurry mess unless we zoom in a bit and then the textures pop in, if I zoom back out the go back to being blurry. Penshoon already made a video to show the issue and Custard has put up plenty of screenshots with before and after. 

Are you saying you cannot see any difference? 

• Upvote 2

Are you saying you cannot see any difference? 

I'm saying the opposite. Sry if that wasn't explained clear enought, I really enjoyed the landscape before the patch and would like to see summer textures in equal qaulity rather than with the current texture mess we have in BoS.

Edited by Stab/JG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 2

All I care about right now is that they are aware of the broken textures and are going to try and fix it. No amount of new planes is going to change anything for me unfortunately.

So I don't incur the wrath of those who "get it" and also so I don't become too spammy I will refer to it as the "unmentionable"  problem.  I too really hope that it is addressed in the very near future.

I'm saying the opposite. Sry if that wasn't explained clear enought, I really enjoyed the landscape before the patch and would like to see summer textures in equal qaulity rather than with the current texture mess we have in BoS.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Yep I'm hoping for the same. I have to admit I wasn't bothered about view distance because we could tweak the settings to perfection but when they said they'd increase the draw distance it sounded good because I assumed they were talking about how far out the trees were drawn. 

I also think the changes to lighting has created some unintended consequences, changing the gamma seems to make far less difference than before.

Edited by JG5_Emil

So I don't incur the wrath of those who "get it" and also so I don't become too spammy I will refer to it as the "unmentionable" problem. I too really hope that it is addressed in the very near future.

As the guy who said 'we get it', I just wanna let you know, that I have no problem whatsoever with you calling attention to this unfortunate side effect of the new graphics options, and it's definately not an 'unmetionable' issue.

• Upvote 1

I am hoping they fix the awful graphics texture pop ups , At one time it was so smooth and was nice to fly on-line with no lagg or stutters and you could see contacts a far ...Now its a nightmare multi-player needs addressing quick  !!!..

Down low its nice ,  fly above 3~k and it looks awful  .....I can swear some aircraft have become invisible ...lol  :sleep:

I shall return when new patch is out ... was going to invest in BOM.............. but ill hold off . 

The only thing that's going for this Sim is the on line experience as the single player content is pants . 

Rant over . 

not had sex for months .  :o:

Dam it cant resist my FW~190  .  see you in the sky's

There is no DD today, but the good news is that the MC.202 is entering the first round of Beta testing today. I'm sure we'll have something for next week.

Jason

• Upvote 11

for me the game both looks and actually runs much better than ever before.
Penshoon my friend, I really wish I could say the same thing. It runs fine but looks much worse from a terrain point of view for me.

There is no DD today, but the good news is that the MC.202 is entering the first round of Beta testing today. I'm sure we'll have something for next week.

Jason

That's an update right there. :D

^ I know, that is like an update.  That means we are possibly 1 week to 10 days away from flying it in BOS....Shiny new toys are good.

Ok since we did not do a full blown DD today here's a tiny pic of the P-40. I decided to work on a personal skin early. Shhh...don't tell Han. It's too good not to share.

:salute:

Jason

P-40E_Peek.jpg

• Upvote 15

Ok since we did not do a full blown DD today here's a tiny pic of the P-40. I decided to work on a personal skin early. Shhh...don't tell Han. It's too good not to share.

Jason

attachicon.gifP-40E_Peek.jpg

Jason, I am loving the new aircraft and am an ardent supporter of this sim but is there any official word on the impact that update 1.101 has had on the terrain?

post-42986-0-52244600-1437813223_thumb.jpg

post-42986-0-70197500-1437813402_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 5

Jason, I am loving the new aircraft and am an ardent supporter of this sim but is there any official word on the impact that update 1.101 has had on the terrain?

Yeah.

Bo_S_Textures.jpg

• Upvote 3

No pitch forks here....just waiting

Luckily I've found some videos about eating hummus to keep me occupied till they fix it.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

No pitch forks here....just waiting

Luckily I've found some videos about eating hummus to keep me occupied till they fix it.

<3

You should try the master combo, falafel + hummus.

• Upvote 1

Jason

attachicon.gifP-40E_Peek.jpg

Thats one pretty plane/skin!

Thats one pretty plane/skin!

Our templates for BOS and ROF are simply the best ever released for a sim. Anyone, and I mean anyone can create a realistic looking skin in minutes with them. Glad you like.

Jason

Please stop complaining about the terrain graphics that has nothing to do with that topic. If you're nice maybe they'll tweak it further.

And showing me Michelle O. with a hashtag makes me even less likely to care.  :salute:

Jason

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 6

Please stop complaining about the terrain graphics that has nothing to do with that topic. If you're nice maybe they'll tweak it further.

If you're nice maybe they'll tweak it further.

picard-double-facepalm-gif-5917_zpsib4pl

• Upvote 3