DD today?

Blooddawn1942

Sale's end 9th , so it's too early today . Keep calm and try to figure out one more day how to land Jug 110-130 mph with full flaps 😄

Edited by Hartigan

Feathered_IV

I got a giant marker pen and drew a big thick line down the center of my monitor.  When I fly the bubbletop and look straight ahead, it’s exactly like flying the Razorback.   

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I got a giant marker pen and drew a big thick line down the center of my monitor.  When I fly the bubbletop and look straight ahead, it’s exactly like flying the Razorback.   

It is a awkward view and pretty annoying if I remember correctly from old IL 2. 
never the less I prefer it. But I flew it a lot with outside view. It just looks right. I am sick

• Haha 1

H_Stiglitz
On 7/3/2020 at 4:26 PM, RedKestrel said:

Nah, they'll be releasing the P-47 razorback for me, specifically, on *does tarot reading* July 7th, the date having no particular significance.

Mate, your cards are 1 day off. Might wanna get new ones ;) 

Edited by HBG-H_Stiglitz

With the update being Released Today being flying the the New p-47D-22  all i can say its very good  what do you think the next Aircraft will be  I say the p-51B/C

21 minutes ago, Gunbus said:

what do you think the next Aircraft will be  I say the p-51B/C

If all is going to plan, it will be the Hurricane.

RedKestrel
2 hours ago, HBG-H_Stiglitz said:

Mate, your cards are 1 day off. Might wanna get new ones ;) 

Venus was ascending and I forgot to account for that, so all my projections are off.

• Haha 1

Question With both the  P-47D-28 & 22 is there anyway of turning off the Turbosupercharger 

12 minutes ago, Gunbus said:

Question With both the  P-47D-28 & 22 is there anyway of turning off the Turbosupercharger 

Well, I think if you just set back your turbo lever to 0, it should be off.

ShamrockOneFive
1 hour ago, Gunbus said:

Yes you can take direct control of the turbocharger part of the equation and reduce it to 0% manually.

The supercharger is not controllable.

Flew a couple of missions with the razorback in ironman mode. So now I am responsible for two people serving time in Stalag Luft. 
I do better in a IL 2 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Danziger said:

It's too late today for a DD anyway.

It is never too late for a double D.

I'm sure the team are very relieved to have got that nasty, vulgar Jug out the door, so now they are free to share huge levels of detail on the beautiful upcoming Hurricane... 

3 hours ago, Diggun said:

I'm sure the team are very relieved to have got that nasty, vulgar Jug out the door, so now they are free to share huge levels of detail on the beautiful upcoming Hurricane... 

I should take offense to that, but the Jug is vulgar and nasty and that is why I love it.

The Hurricane is possessed of that elegant hunch and pointy nose that really conveys an aristocratic feeling.

You crack a beer with the Jug and talk about the last scrap you were in, for the Hurricane you break out the alleged 'great vintage' and when you drink you both pretend that you're wine snobs when all you taste is vinegar.

/The spitfire only drinks Cognac and asks if there are no workhouses

• Haha 3

335th_grFirdimigdi
21 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

You crack a beer with the Jug [...] for the Hurricane you ...

... pull a pint, and mind you do it properly mate.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Diggun said:

Two ugliest planes we have/will have IMHO... get them out and behind us so the devs can cleanse their souls working on the Mossi 🤪

Edited by 40plus

Usually post update we don't get a friday dev update...but sometimes they surprise us. Either way I'll be happy. Hopefully have some time to fly 4.008 this weekend!

1 hour ago, Firdimigdi said:

... pull a pint, and mind you do it properly mate.

With the Typhoon you nurse a stout and reminisce about the good old days.
With the Mustang you do tequila shots and tell huge lies about your latest exploits.
With the Mossie you have two of whatever everyone else is having and then go out for fish and chips.
No, I will not be taking constructive criticism.

• Haha 5

With a 109 you down a few beer steins of pilsner and think you can beat the world before you challenge and lose to the bouncer in a fight.

With a 190 you drink herbal liqueur and explain to all of your friends why the history and chemistry of your drink of choice makes it perfect in all ways if used absolutely responsibly. 

With the 262 you drink bourbon straight from the bottle. After you've had too much, you start to think that blowing it out of your mouth into a lighter as a human flamethrower is a good idea. 

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

With a 109 you down a few beer steins of pilsner and think you can beat the world before you challenge and lose to the bouncer in a fight.

With a 190 you drink herbal liqueur and explain to all of your friends why the history and chemistry of your drink of choice makes it perfect in all ways if used absolutely responsibly. 

With the 262 you drink bourbon straight from the bottle. After you've had too much, you start to think that blowing it out of your mouth into a lighter as a human flamethrower is a good idea. 

With the He-111, you go on an epic bar crawl but halfway through the night, the 109s have to leave for home, and then you get jumped by a bunch of hurricanes. 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bremspropeller said:

Preview of the Spit XIV:

Hide contents

That will be me for a few weeks :)

• Haha 3

With the A-20 you sink a 6 pack of ice cold VB, then tool up and go out looking for a bar fight. 

The Yak-7b introduces you to the Yorsch, which is apparently a Russian cocktail consisting of a pint of larger with a shot of vodka poured on top. The Yak 9 looks on, pityingly, from the corner, where it is steadily working its way through a bottle of Stolichnaya to itself, alternating shots with slices of black bread and pickles. The vodka has no visible effect. 

The LA-5 and his big brother the FN think that any alcohol actually bought from a shop is dangerously mainstream, and are downing their home made moonshine from clear plastic bottles. They are missing their eyebrows from the latest explosive incident involving their still. The secret ingredient, they vouchsafe to you confidentially, is antifreeze. 

• Haha 5

On 7/11/2020 at 6:03 AM, Diggun said:

With the A-20 you sink a 6 pack of ice cold VB, then tool up and go out looking for a bar fight. 

The Yak-7b introduces you to the Yorsch, which is apparently a Russian cocktail consisting of a pint of larger with a shot of vodka poured on top. The Yak 9 looks on, pityingly, from the corner, where it is steadily working its way through a bottle of Stolichnaya to itself, alternating shots with slices of black bread and pickles. The vodka has no visible effect. 

The LA-5 and his big brother the FN think that any alcohol actually bought from a shop is dangerously mainstream, and are downing their home made moonshine from clear plastic bottles. They are missing their eyebrows from the latest explosive incident involving their still. The secret ingredient, they vouchsafe to you confidentially, is antifreeze. 

How did I miss this one, it's one of the best additions to our little thread-within-a-thread.

Should make a facebook survey - Which alcoholic WWII warbird are you?

/The MiG-3 doesn't drink at all, it just chokes itself a little bit until it gets loopy from the lack of oxygen. 

20 minutes ago, JimTM said:

I wonder if DerSherrif knows about DerMarshal?  :huh:

Someone shot DerSheriff, but they did not shoot DerDeputy.

• Haha 8

15 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Someone shot DerSheriff, but they did not shoot DerDeputy.

this had me rolling, now my stomach hurts! how could you! :lol:

• Haha 1

BladeMeister

No DD today? Just because the team gave us a major update and 3 hot fixes last week is no reason to let up!!! Feed the machine, we need more, more, more...   :ph34r:

S!Blade<><

Ps, just joking! Great work team, looking forward to your next DD.