DD today?

Blooddawn1942

1 hour ago, kestrel79 said:

Bummed really wanted an update today. It's sad how much I look forward to these every friday over the years. Even dating back to the Banana forum days.

If they spend a couple of weeks promoting Desert Wings (part of the same brand, a result of years of work, with many aircraft, coming out now) then they'll just amass more content for Great Battles dev updates when they do resume. So ...try to weather the addiction for a little bit I suppose? Maybe read some old dev updates? :)

Maybe they are waiting until the Hurricane is ready to drop... we'll see next week maybe...

3 hours ago, DBFlyguy said:

Maybe they are waiting until the Hurricane is ready to drop... we'll see next week maybe...

They usually wait until a sale is finished until they release another update, so yes, 31st July or 7th August are good dates for a DD, since Summer Promo ends 10th August. Let´s see what happens...

Please! We haven't had a DD since July 3rd. I know we got a Pre-order/release date for Desert Wings-Tobruk yesterday, which was fantastic, but can we get a small DD for IL-2 GBs at the least?

Thank you to everyone.

Cheers.

Edited by Novice-Flyer
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Avimimus said:

Maybe read some old dev updates? :)

This. Dear God this. The amount of questions that can be answered by simply reading the DDs...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

FlyingShark
56 minutes ago, Novice-Flyer said:

can we get a small DD for IL-2 GBs at the least?

Maybe they're on a well deserved vacation.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Upvote 1

BladeMeister
1 hour ago, 76IAP-Black said:

Finaly, it is to late... 

Yes, Agreed Sir, it is beyond a shadow of a doubt, ' To Late'. It is sad because I was really hoping for some Hurricane news.:cray:

S!Blade<><

On 7/25/2020 at 5:29 PM, FlyingShark said:

Maybe they're on a well deserved vacation.

What... a vacation?... you cannot be serious.

Surely they know there are impatient crazy people on here, just itching to let loose with yet another chanting frenzy? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

PatrickAWlson
On 7/27/2020 at 7:03 AM, Trooper117 said:

What... a vacation?... you cannot be serious.

Surely they know there are impatient crazy people on here, just itching to let loose with yet another chanting frenzy? 

They could post a DD of their vacation pics

• Haha 2

Maybe they are holding back on DD updates to push Tobruck a little more? I miss them :( But hey it's a good time to be a flight simmer!

Blooddawn1942

Tobruk for the win. I'm fine if they let Tobruk the limelight for now. We'll get our next DD soon enough. Hopefully with some Hurricane stuff. :)

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Blooddawn1942 said:

Tobruk for the win. I'm fine if they let Tobruk the limelight for now. We'll get our next DD soon enough. Hopefully with some Hurricane stuff. :)

Not to mention a Hurricane IIB, IIC, and IID will all be released for Tobruk on the 6th!

BladeMeister

Yes soon it will be 'the happy time' for Hurricane pilots world wide. I still can't wait for the Hurri in TGBS also as it is LONG overdue! It is a VERY GOOD time to be a Combat Flight Simmer.

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 1

[FAC]Ghost129er
45 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

You might find GB's Hurri getting released at around the same time as Tobruk... you never know!

Betting my left testicle on this.

BladeMeister
30 minutes ago, [FAC]Ghost129er said:

Ohhhhh! I am hoping Trooper is right for your sake Ghost. I am just to old for testicle betting anymore. :nea:Couldn't bear to separate the twins. Good Luck though.

S!Blade<><

• Haha 1

Feathered_IV
3 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

You might find GB's Hurri getting released at around the same time as Tobruk... you never know!

2 hours ago, [FAC]Ghost129er said:

Okay but I want to see that testicle first.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Bought Tobruk before Normandy because I will not give my money to the team until they fix the visibility issues, I prefer to spent my money somewhere else from now on.

• Confused 3

11 hours ago, [FAC]Ghost129er said:

Make better bets with your right one then as youll be losing your left one, hurri is not coming for next few weeks :)

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, SJ_Butcher said:

Bought Tobruk before Normandy because I will not give my money to the team until they fix the visibility issues, I prefer to spent my money somewhere else from now on.

Well I am not buying anything else from any of these developers. Not until I get some more money. Which should be around pay day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

LF_Gallahad
8 hours ago, SJ_Butcher said:

Thanks for letting us know. I think my life is better now.

btw, I hope we get some Hurri news today! August will be a good month for Hurri fans 😁

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Would absolutely make sense, since we need an another update to get the new scripted campaign "Hell Hawks Over the Bulge".

[FAC]Ghost129er

@Feathered_IV - Trust me you don't want to, I feel like it's dead and just useless tissue at this point. -crie- Not sure it even works :^)

@BladeMeister - Might switch the bet to the right one, today the right one wants to play dumb.

@CountZero - You really don't want me to have that Hurricane, do you..? 💔

14 hours ago, SJ_Butcher said:

Well I am a long time user if clod and GB. 
I go down in flames in both not knowing what hit me. 
Same in DCS, at some point I stopped blaming the software , I am just rubbish paying attention. Just ask my wife

• Haha 5

Irishratticus72
3 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Found this on VVS Hurricanes.  Nice read while we wait.  Looks like Hurricanes were used until mid 1944.  Most were withdrawn after 1942 but still. that is a long time flying a Hurricane in a career.

https://vvsairwar.com/2018/06/20/the-soviet-unions-hawker-hurricanes/#:~:text=The Hurricanes greatly aided the,aid to the Soviet Union.

_20200731_185112.JPG

I don't want to incur the wrath of the gods or anything, but it would be a shame if we didn't get a DD this week because the higher ups are promoting the launch of a last gen product, which already has its own space on these forums... 

Edited by Diggun
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Diggun said:

I don't want to incur the wrath of the gods or anything, but it would be a shame if we didn't get a DD this week because the higher ups are promoting the launch of a last gen product, which already has its own space on these forums... 

I think they're trying to make sure the TF guys get a fair shake - a flood of announcements can often bury news. Nothing wrong with a little good will.

And if he's not writing a DD Han is either on vacation or neck deep in work s*** wishing he was on vacation, so I cut him some slack.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Well I am a long time user if clod and GB. 
I go down in flames in both not knowing what hit me. 
Same in DCS, at some point I stopped blaming the software , I am just rubbish paying attention. Just ask my wife

But at least with your wife you know, who hits you:P

• Haha 2