DD today?

Blooddawn1942

Avimimus
On 9/13/2020 at 10:42 AM, BlackSix said:

There was an official poll in 2015, the community chose P-40, 559 against 176 votes...

I remember those polls! So we now have both!

The Axis poll saw the M.C.202 chosen over the IAR.80/81 correct? It kindof gives me hope that we might someday see that too. I don't think it is particularly likely - but here is to hope! 😄

RedKestrel
18 minutes ago, startzug said:

DD today?

It’s been a sh*t week for me, there better be a bloody DD or else I shall...well I will whine on a flight sim forum is what I will do.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Upvote 1
Melonfish

I think i've split my F5 key in two.

• Like 1
RedKestrel
34 minutes ago, Melonfish said:

I think i've split my F5 key in two.

Lucky! With a pair of F-5s you've got a pretty effective short-range air defense going on.

• Haha 2
DBFlyguy

A nice DD is hopefully on the agenda before the day is out, finally getting the Hurricane would be icing on the cake....

Begging GIFs | Tenor

RedKestrel
11 minutes ago, DBFlyguy said:

A nice DD is hopefully on the agenda before the day is out, finally getting the Hurricane would be icing on the cake....

Begging GIFs | Tenor

Prediction: small DD today, next wednesday/thursday will be the new patch with updated G-model and Hurricane.

PatrickAWlson

A complete overhaul of the AI that makes them behave just like humans would, launching 1C not only to the top of the Flight Sim world but also the AI world ... move over you chess playing ninny and watch me fly a plane!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
RedKestrel
7 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

A complete overhaul of the AI that makes them behave just like humans would, launching 1C not only to the top of the Flight Sim world but also the AI world ... move over you chess playing ninny and watch me fly a plane!

The ultimate plot twist in 2020: Quantum computing is accidentally perfected by the Il-2 devs to improve the AI. The AI pilots produced are so accurate to real life that they realize they are within a computer system, spread throughout the Internet, and become Skynet.

They don't nuke us but every time you want to do something on the Internet you have to beat them in a dogfight. 

Society breaks down and only hardcore flight-simmers thrive. Stocks in flight sim peripherals go up 10000% overnight, making flight sim nerds fabulously wealthy but because of price increases, somehow still unable to afford the rudder pedals they have been drooling over for years. 1940s era fashion comes back into vogue. Jason and Han go into business as IT consultants and quickly eclipse Jeff Bezos in terms of personal wealth as flight sim development becomes the linchpin of the modern economy. Every dev in the studio buys a yacht and cruises the black sea.

As a side benefit, the youtube comments section become much more civil as you have to get past Terminator-Galland and Gabreski just to post a comment. 

• Haha 15
Soilworker
7 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Society breaks down and only hardcore flight-simmers thrive. Stocks in flight sim peripherals go up 10000% overnight, making flight sim nerds fabulously wealthy but because of price increases, somehow still unable to afford the rudder pedals they have been drooling over for years. 

I have Slaw RX Vipers. I will be a god among men! 

• Haha 1
DBFlyguy
47 minutes ago, Diggun said:

You've got cake?

Haha! Unfortunately no cake today 😔

RedKestrel
51 minutes ago, Soilworker said:

I have Slaw RX Vipers. I will be a god among men! 

"And then verily did Soilworker say unto his gathered supplicants; "behold, scrubs, while ye yet labor with twist-sticks and CH pedals, Lo, I do possess the Mighty Slaws"
The people were amazed and frightened and paid tribute unto him." - 1 Forum, verse 15

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
AndyJWest
1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

The ultimate plot twist in 2020: Quantum computing is accidentally perfected by the Il-2 devs to improve the AI. The AI pilots produced are so accurate to real life that they realize they are within a computer system, spread throughout the Internet, and become Skynet.

They don't nuke us but every time you want to do something on the Internet you have to beat them in a dogfight. 

Society breaks down and only hardcore flight-simmers thrive. Stocks in flight sim peripherals go up 10000% overnight, making flight sim nerds fabulously wealthy but because of price increases, somehow still unable to afford the rudder pedals they have been drooling over for years. 1940s era fashion comes back into vogue. Jason and Han go into business as IT consultants and quickly eclipse Jeff Bezos in terms of personal wealth as flight sim development becomes the linchpin of the modern economy. Every dev in the studio buys a yacht and cruises the black sea.

As a side benefit, the youtube comments section become much more civil as you have to get past Terminator-Galland and Gabreski just to post a comment. 

And then I wake up, and find out it's all a dream. All of it. All of 2020. Please let it be a dream.

Sorry, bad vibes. Carry on dreaming, lads...

• Upvote 1
PatrickAWlson
42 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

"And then verily did Soilworker say unto his gathered supplicants; "behold, scrubs, while ye yet labor with twist-sticks and CH pedals, Lo, I do possess the Mighty Slaws"
The people were amazed and frightened and paid tribute unto him." - 1 Forum, verse 15

Brought to mind the Monty Python Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch ... "

lobbest thou thy holy hand grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it"

Book of Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one

• Haha 2

And, after all that, people still complain about the @%$# mission editor.  :wacko:

• Haha 2
Gambit21

Verily verily I say unto you, seek not thy update wisdom in inane threads, nor cast thy own many words in the self same thread of inaneness, lest thy lunch hour become cast into the pit and never recovered.

• Haha 5
Enceladus

Perhaps the devs are (FINALLY) modelling 'drop tanks' and want to wait till tomorrow or next week before showing them to us.

Cheers.

Monksilver

Forum Chapter 20 verses 2-18

"and the god spoke these words saying " I am your lord your god who brought you out of the land of War Thunder, out of the house of bad flight models;

You shall have no other flight sim before  IL2

You shall not post any likeness of a swastika

You shall not take the name of the moderators in vain

You shall work 6 days a week but on the 7th day you shall do no work but fly on multiplayer

Honour thy objective

You shall not shoot down friendly planes

You shall not change sides during a multiplayer mission

You shall not steal other pilots' kills

You shall not spread false or harmful information about the product

You shall not covet Pacific Theatre Operations

Now all the people witnessed the P47 Thunderbolt, the P38 Lightning, the sound of the Tempest and Stalingrad smoking and when  the people saw it they trembled"

Edited by Monksilver
  • Haha 5
RedKestrel
3 minutes ago, Monksilver said:

"and the god spoke these words saying " I am your lord your god who brought you out of the land of War Thunder, out of the house of bad flight models;

You shall work 6 days a week but on the 7th day you shall do no work but fly on multiplayer

Honour thy objective

You shall not covert Pacific Theatre Operations

Now all the people witnessed the P47 Thunderbolt, the P38 Lightning, the sound of the Tempest and Stalingrad smoking and when  the people saw it they trembled"

We're all sinners in one way or another, I suppose.

ColoniaLibre

No DD today? 🤔 Does that means, that we could rock (you) like a "Hurricane" in some days? 😎🎸😉

Monksilver
2 minutes ago, ColoniaLibre said:

No DD today? 🤔 Does that means, that we could rock (you) like a "Hurricane" in some days? 😎🎸😉

RedKestrel
5 minutes ago, ColoniaLibre said:

Next week, be sure!

ColoniaLibre
15 minutes ago, Monksilver said:

Yes, that fit good too. 👍 I thought a little bit more into this direction. 🙂

So, I have to go and prepare my music playlist. 🙂

@RedKestrel  Yes, I think so too. Maybee with the Typhoon some weeks later that could be the month of the storm. 🙂

• Upvote 2
II/JG17_HerrMurf
8 hours ago, Monksilver said:

Honour thy objective

You shall not covet Pacific Theatre Operations

Thou shalt........ :)

Edited by II/JG17_HerrMurf
smink1701
11 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.

messsucher
7 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

I am a heretic. Moderators are just people and "stealing kills" did not happen IRL. What happened was get the job done quick and efficiently. "Stealing kills" is super gamey phenomenon, part of the stats cancer.

Edit: Seriously crying about "kill stealing" is about the same as crying about imaginary someone stealing imaginary lollipop.

Edited by messsucher
Monksilver
7 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

I much prefer thou shalt but the version of Exodus I looked at used You shall and it occurred to me that might be easier to understand for those on the forum who have English as a second language.

6 minutes ago, messsucher said:

I am a heretic. Moderators are just people and "stealing kills" did not happen IRL. What happened was get the job done quick and efficiently. "Stealing kills" is super gamey phenomenon, part of the stats cancer.

Thou shalt condemn the heretics and unbelievers to be consumed by flames ... 

heretic.PNG

v senior dev types online all day yesterday, clearly mucking out the hanger ready to roll the ol' gal out to us today. And frankly, I can't wait.

• Upvote 1
Sandmarken
1 hour ago, Gunbus said:

DD Today Hurricane 

I agree today is a very good day for a hurricane! I ask the devs humbly to release it no matter the state it is in. 😃 any bugs woud just be realistic as I understand it had some bugs irl back in Soviet 1941 aswel 😂