DD today?

Blooddawn1942

[DBS]Browning

Spotting improvements are now on the way!

Nothing in a DD this week could improve on that.

Edited by [DBS]Browning
  • Like 1
RedKestrel
4 minutes ago, [DBS]Browning said:

Nothing in a DD thins week could improve on that.

I don't need it to improve anything, I just need to slake my thirst for more hype.

• Haha 1
RedKestrel
54 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

It looks like the next patch might have spotting improvements and the C-47, we might also get the Spit XIV and the Bf-109G6 (late)...

Hate to rain on the parade but Jason said in another thread that C-47 isn't coming just yet. Spotting improvements almost definitely. Not sure about the other two but I think they are pretty late in the release order aren't they?

3 hours ago, [DBS]Browning said:

True if MP is your thing. For many of us SP devotees, spotting rounded out the bottom of the priority list.

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, [DBS]Browning said:

Concur!   Nothing beats a good DD except a cool video to get the saliva flowing!

Just in time, too... I'm finally starting to get a little burned out on shooting ILS and RNAV approaches in that "newfangled civilian sim".   Need somethin' to shoot at, and to do that I need to be able to see it... 😲

BladeMeister
6 hours ago, 40plus said:

True if MP is your thing. For many of us SP devotees, spotting rounded out the bottom of the priority list.

I can respect that, but being a primarily Sp myself I think spotting improvements(granted they actually improve things from the way they are now) will pave the way for many more SPers to go online. I don't really mind getting my ass handed to me online as I know I am not that great of a fighter pilot anymore, but when I never see them coming or going or they just disappear from in front of me, it sort of pisses me off, and I exit rather quickly with a bad taste in my mouth and no reason to want to go back in MP anytime soon after either. I am hoping this spotting improvement changes this for me because I used to love IL2 online through Hyperlobby back in the day. That reminds me, Jason hasn't mentioned anything about the Hyperlobby-esk in game host that they were supposedly working on???:ph34r:

S!Blade<><

23 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

Hate to rain on the parade but Jason said in another thread that C-47 isn't coming just yet. Spotting improvements almost definitely. Not sure about the other two but I think they are pretty late in the release order aren't they?

Well... I was thinking about the next big upcoming patch... and based on the current development information I'd guess the next three patches would be:

- Spotting and TC improvements (recently announced)

- The C-47, we might also get the Spit XIV and the Bf-109G6 (late)...

- Hurricane II

With some obvious potential for the aircraft to shift which of the patches they end up in... and maybe even another aircraft to develop further than is expected.

RedKestrel
21 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

Well... I was thinking about the next big upcoming patch... and based on the current development information I'd guess the next three patches would be:

- Spotting and TC improvements (recently announced)

- The C-47, we might also get the Spit XIV and the Bf-109G6 (late)...

- Hurricane II

With some obvious potential for the aircraft to shift which of the patches they end up in... and maybe even another aircraft to develop further than is expected.

Jason now says Hurricane in October in the latest DD thread that new patch (4.501) will drop in a few weeks. Which could push the timeline for that patch into October. So maybe Hurricane could be in the next patch, or it would be in its own little update closer to the end of October. 

Initially it looked like a patch might drop just next week already, but I think with all the stuff with spotting, g-force, TC improvements they decided to wait a couple more weeks and drop a big patch rather than several small ones. So maybe they have pushed everything back just enough to try and get the Hurricane to release at the same time. 

With that much extra time to put into the patch we could see more stuff than I originally thought.

Regardless I'm interested to see what mission builders will do with the C-47. I would pay for a flyable version I think, as long as there are interesting mission types available for it. The Hurricane - well, its the only collector plane I've ever pre-ordered, I can't wait to see how the team have built it here. I suspect I will not get to fly it much online but I will probably take it whenever it' available, even if I have to fly it against K-4s lol. 

• Thanks 1
Feathered_IV

I just realised it will be a year next month since the Hurricane went on preorder.  So much has happened since then.  

LuseKofte
53 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

I just realised it will be a year next month since the Hurricane went on preorder.  So much has happened since then.  

A year? Must be that tank 💩  their doing that takes all the time. 
To be perfectly honest, if I done this over again. With no reference to support the pacific I would bought 

BOS

BOM

BOK 

BON

po2, JU52 , Hurricane and some campaign. With no regrets. 
The list of regret purchase modules in DCS is far bigger and want list shorter. 
So all in all GB is doing good

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
  • Upvote 1
BladeMeister
22 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Yea, not sure why it is taking so long, but then again the Hurri should have been one of the original collector planes back in the BOS days. I have hounded Jason for years about its' absence and never understood why they neglected to produce it, but now I am quite pleased that 1C are finally ready to include this iconic fighter. Maybe creating the Career entry for the Hurricane is what is taking so long. Never the less, I am thankful it is coming to TGBS and I impatiently/patiently await its' Grand entrance to the skies of the eastern front.

S!Blade<><

• 1CGS
40 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

Yea, not sure why it is taking so long, but then again the Hurri should have been one of the original collector planes back in the BOS days. I have hounded Jason for years about its' absence and never understood why they neglected to produce it, but now I am quite pleased that 1C are finally ready to include this iconic fighter.

There was an official poll in 2015, the community chose P-40, 559 against 176 votes...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
cardboard_killer
5 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

There was an official poll in 2015, the community chose P-40, 559 against 176 votes...

Wow, I'm surprised. I would have voted for the P-40, too, but just thought I was weird and most would want the Hurricane.

BladeMeister
2 minutes ago, BlackSix said:

Sorry to say old chap but your numbers are incorrect! It is P40, 559 against 177 votes for the Hurricane! I just cast my vote for the Hurri.:rofl:  It appears to me that some 'Merican' must have hacked the poll and squed the numbers mate. This just can't be right. :dash:

S!Blade<><

• 1CGS
12 minutes ago, BladeMeister said:

Sorry to say old chap but your numbers are incorrect! It is P40, 559 against 177 votes for the Hurricane! I just cast my vote for the Hurri.:rofl:  It appears to me that some 'Merican' must have hacked the poll and squed the numbers mate. This just can't be right. :dash:

Yeah, I saw it and that's why I closed the vote))

BladeMeister
Just now, BlackSix said:

Yeah, I saw it and that's why I closed the vote))

Come on Man! I was just thinking of starting a campaign to have all Englanders and Ruskies due their Patriotic duty and vote for the Hurri! Hurricanes Rule & P40s drool.:ph34r:

S!Blade<><

RedKestrel
15 minutes ago, Thad said:

Right.

Surprisingly, not even any 'quick fixes' presented. (that's a good sign). :salute:

Yeah I didn't see any critical breaks reported in the thread. This week is a "rest on your laurels" type deal I think.

Missionbug

I need a Hurricane fix, still waiting patiently, NOT.:crazy:

Not quite the same firing Blitz/Tobruk up, I want the modern rendition, let's see if theses guys at 777 are any good at this aircraft thingy eh.:lol:

The last images posted were atmospheric shall we say so did not give a clear enough view of the overall shape so it would be nice to have a few normal day skin shots

just to see if they nailed the shape.

I crave the DD fix when they miss a week or two, busy or not I would always find a few pics to post for the masses.;)

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Like 1
Trooper117

It's the Friday... you know what that means :yahoo: 

It means it's Hurriday!!! 

Polish your goggles, check your parachute and Mae West and head for the Channel... Last one in buys the bacon and eggs!

• Haha 1

Can Murmansk map & campaign be far behind the introduction of the Hurri? With British pilots grossing "What in hell am I doing here?"

Hurricane-IIb-RAF-151-Wing-134Sqn-GG20-Z5205-Murmansk-USSR-1941-V01.jpg

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

Can Murmansk map & campaign be far behind the introduction of the Hurri? With British pilots grossing "What in hell am I doing here?"

Now is this when hell froze over?

RedKestrel
2 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Those are the faces of men who were treated to a lot of Russian booze by their new comrades the night before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's always possible... I wonder about the timing though? Sometimes it's too late. And sometimes it's too early? 

RedKestrel
54 minutes ago, Diggun said:

It's always possible... I wonder about the timing though? Sometimes it's too late. And sometimes it's too early? 

Only one man can tell us. We must wait for his arrival.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
[DBS]Browning
10 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

Only one man can tell us. We must wait for his arrival.

Hi. It's me.

The answer is maybe.

• Like 1
EAF19_Marsh
On 9/25/2020 at 5:28 PM, Blitzen said:

That’s a lovely pic and captures what for me always engenderd affection fot the Hurri. It was not the best, the prettiest, the fastest, highest or longest enduing but it got stuck in when it counted during the early years and it hit hard.

• Like 2