-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, SCG_Limbo said:

That the buildings around the tank bases do not credit players flying planes with kills seems like a bug too me too.

Well, it is not a bug, those buildings arent active, cannot be destroyed, and doesnt credit to anybody. 
Those are just for tanks at the moment

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 1

On 7/15/2019 at 1:58 PM, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

As it was stated here, on our discord, and in-game several times: that map was built to familiarize myself with tanks, distances, routes, targets, in short term: the possibilites for having fun with them. As I have less time these days to work on my missions - my progress on these missions is a little bit slower. 

You can say that, but it is ot true. Right now, that map favors red team, because it is possible to reach blue airfields with tanks(wich You and some other players did).

Then you obviously didn't look on the map with coution, because the rear tank spawn spoint is right before the blue airfield target, just like on the Allied side. 
Please, keep in mind that we have that little scrolling "feature" on our mouse, wich You can use to Zoom in or out on the map. 
Many times, it makes a big difference.

As you can see, that map received a little update, for the Axis side, I will replaced their airfields too. Please, be patient.

If I put Tigers on the frontal base, they will wipe out everything in their way, then You'r messages in-game will pop-up saying "why is that?" so I should rework that spawn point too, but fortunately I have a little experience in the editor. Please be patient.
giphy.gif

Thanks for the update Bubi! Hands down best server in IL2, congratulations. By the way, I was just asking, I understand the airfields being far so nobody can fly with 20% fuel like it happens in another famous server. However, that map could use a little bit closer airfields.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, III/JG52_Al-Azraq said:

However, that map could use a little bit closer airfields.

In the next 2-3 days I will try to have more time to work on my missions, sorry but I'm quite busy these days. Thank you for your kind words!

13 hours ago, III/JG52_Al-Azraq said:

However, that map could use a little bit closer airfields.

Please no!!

Well, it depends... on some maps (especially Kuban spring 1943), AF are really far away from front line...

Posted (edited)

Hello Everybody!
Our new mission is ready, and in the rotation from now on, wich is called operation Husky. Feel free to check it out today!

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Hello Everybody!
Our new mission is ready, and in the rotation from now on, wich is called operation Husky. Feel free to check it out today!

OOOhhh, operation husky? As in, invasion of Sicily?

33 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

OOOhhh, operation husky? As in, invasion of Sicily?

Something like that, yes.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Something like that, yes.

I'm getting a new ISP in the next little while, I'm hoping with a better connection I can play more on KOTA. Looking forward to trying out the new mission!

5 hours ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

It seems the stats are not being correctly updated in the website.

No stats from 24 .07. 2019 - could be because of the game upgrade fail and erased cfg...

On 7/25/2019 at 10:13 PM, 307_Tomcat said:

No stats from 24 .07. 2019 - could be because of the game upgrade fail and erased cfg...

It's back online

• Thanks 1

Finally got to play on this server over the weekend again! My new ISP seems a bit more stable and faster so KOTA is back on the table for me.

Took me a while to iron out the kinks after a month away but I was able to get a couple kills in by the end so I don't mind being a bit of a target drone otherwise.

Once again thanks for this server, its always a good time!

• Thanks 1

Question how do you get friendly fire when you destroy the enemy.....do you have battles going on where there are both in the target area?

Just now, 216th_Cathaoir said:

Question how do you get friendly fire when you destroy the enemy.....do you have battles going on where there are both in the target area?

If it happened on Operation Husky map, then yes, it is quite possible.

Posted (edited)

Ok thanks.  no it was the kuban bridges...o well did good but not a stat hog...will make up for it.....:gamer:

Edited by 216th_Cathaoir

4th Luftflotte. New community blue squad with general coordination. The departure on the server KOTA: SG2, III./SG77 accompanied by WG and single pilots. More than 20 pilots in one flight is just the beginning!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Stunning, we don't see enough Stuka's online let alone so many so well flown. 

<S>alute

Witch

On 8/2/2019 at 12:33 AM, 1/SG2_Hummels said:

4th Luftflotte. New community blue squad with general coordination. The departure on the server KOTA: SG2, III./SG77 accompanied by WG and single pilots. More than 20 pilots in one flight is just the beginning!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

Awesome pics!

• Upvote 1

I have received disconnects in 2 out of the last 3 flights.  I was not engaged in combat in either.  I have broadband and when testing speed to European servers I receive a ping of 94 to 105.  This is the only server I receive disconnects from.  Is there anything I can do to check whether there is an issue at my end?  Trace, etc.?

Hi guys.. Really enjoying the sever and I was wondering if there was a points guide per object type available please? I. e. Building, plane, parked plane etc.. What are their values when destroyed. 

Many thanks. 

On 8/3/2019 at 10:43 AM, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

I have received disconnects in 2 out of the last 3 flights.  I was not engaged in combat in either.  I have broadband and when testing speed to European servers I receive a ping of 94 to 105.  This is the only server I receive disconnects from.  Is there anything I can do to check whether there is an issue at my end?  Trace, etc.?

The dreaded random disconnect. I have gotten it from this server lately too, though not nearly as frequently as in the past. I have also gotten it from TAW and from CombatBox. In all cases I have had ping in the allowable range (though I tend on the high side due to the way I get my Internet and my location). 

I used to get it much more frequently from Knights and never from CombatBox. Now the reverse appears true, I get it from CombatBox more often and only occasionally from KOTA. This despite the fact that my ping is much higher to KOTA and CombatBox is the server with t

I believe that the game has become very sensitive to sudden changes in ping, and it drops the connection when that happens, even if the ping itself is well within limits. This is just my theory from talking to others about it and my own experience. As far as I am aware the devs either aren't able to reproduce it or can't find the problem, which makes sense as it appears to be nearly completely random. People who have contacted support have been advised to check their network settings, ping, etc. Of course none of these things have changed. It seems to start occurring to people after a patch,  and generally occurs on some servers but not others. 

Often when I get random disconnects other players see "RedKestrel has been kicked for too high ping" but I do not see that message. For me, too, it never happens in combat. More often, it occurs on climb--out or, more frustratingly, on the way back from a bomb run on target or a successful CAP.  

58 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

The dreaded random disconnect. I have gotten it from this server lately too, though not nearly as frequently as in the past. I have also gotten it from TAW and from CombatBox. In all cases I have had ping in the allowable range (though I tend on the high side due to the way I get my Internet and my location). 

I used to get it much more frequently from Knights and never from CombatBox. Now the reverse appears true, I get it from CombatBox more often and only occasionally from KOTA. This despite the fact that my ping is much higher to KOTA and CombatBox is the server with t

I believe that the game has become very sensitive to sudden changes in ping, and it drops the connection when that happens, even if the ping itself is well within limits. This is just my theory from talking to others about it and my own experience. As far as I am aware the devs either aren't able to reproduce it or can't find the problem, which makes sense as it appears to be nearly completely random. People who have contacted support have been advised to check their network settings, ping, etc. Of course none of these things have changed. It seems to start occurring to people after a patch,  and generally occurs on some servers but not others. 

Often when I get random disconnects other players see "RedKestrel has been kicked for too high ping" but I do not see that message. For me, too, it never happens in combat. More often, it occurs on climb--out or, more frustratingly, on the way back from a bomb run on target or a successful CAP.  

We are still collecting information about that problem, and then we would like to send it to the devs. 

16 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

We are still collecting information about that problem, and then we would like to send it to the devs. 

Is there any kind of information I can provide to you that would help?

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

Is there any kind of information I can provide to you that would help?

We dont know what information could help, so just let us know, what happened right before the disconnect happened to you, what time, how many people were on the server - everything.
Maybe its a senseless try, maybe it will be ignored, we dont know. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

We dont know what information could help, so just let us know, what happened right before the disconnect happened to you, what time, how many people were on the server - everything.
Maybe its a senseless try, maybe it will be ignored, we dont know. 

Next time it happens to me I will do that.

Anzio ... thanks for this map, good choice on Kuban!!!

And there is also something I would like to say for a while...  Western battles can have no option of Soviet aircraft

This battle only requires British-American planes for the Allies. Otherwise it's not a western battle

3 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

Anzio ... thanks for this map, good choice on Kuban!!!

And there is also something I would like to say for a while...  Western battles can have no option of Soviet aircraft

This battle only requires British-American planes for the Allies. Otherwise it's not a western battle

This community is divided by expainsions of this game. It's not like it was 2-3 years ago. 

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

This community is divided by expainsions of this game. It's not like it was 2-3 years ago. 

BOS has planes that participated in the west, all 5 Germans. All BOS allied planes are Soviet and they did not participate in the west

If one wants to play a Western battle on the Allied side, they need at least the P-40. But if the player only has BOS then she should play on the German team and will be able to fly with good airplanes like the 109G-2 and 190A-3

The map  Kuban is very beautiful and green. But during the mission if Yaks and IL-2s appear flying it won't make sense

I think you should risk being more historic and if anyone wants to fly this mission only having BOS then she will fly in the German team. The historic set makes a lot of difference because the battle strategy is induced according to the military technology of the countries involved 

Spoiler

Set
ITALY Spring 44

109 G-6 -                       P-47D BOBP

109 G-4 BOK                 P-38J BOBP
190 A-5 BOK                 P-39L BOK 
190 A- 3 BOS                P-40E BOW
C. 202 VIII BOW           Spit IXe BOBP

Bf 110 G-2 BOK           Spit Vb BOK 
Ju-88 A-4 BOW            A-20B BOK 
Ju 87 D-3 BOS
Ju 52/3m -

He 111 H-16 BOK
He 111 H-6 BOS

ITALY Late 44 Early 45

109 G-14 BOBP            P-51D BOBP

109 G-6 -                       P-47D BOBP

190 A-8 BOBP              P-38J BOBP
Ju 87 D-3 BOS
Ju 52/3m -
He 111 H-16 BOK
He 111 H-6 BOS

Edited by LUZITANO
  • Thanks 1

A nice touch for these maps would be to block the Soviet skins for the P-39/P-40 and A-20 so only the US/British skins can be used. I am not sure about the standard skin, but I guess it can be done. Also you can change the skin of the plane that's shown in the plane selection box when you click on the airbase icon.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

BOS has planes that participated in the west, all 5 Germans. All BOS allied planes are Soviet and they did not participate in the west

If one wants to play a Western battle on the Allied side, they need at least the P-40. But if the player only has BOS then she should play on the German team and will be able to fly with good airplanes like the 109G-2 and 190A-3

The map  Kuban is very beautiful and green. But during the mission if Yaks and IL-2s appear flying it won't make sense

I think you should risk being more historic and if anyone wants to fly this mission only having BOS then she will fly in the German team. The historic set makes a lot of difference because the battle strategy is induced according to the military technology of the countries involved 

Reveal hidden contents

Set
ITALY Spring 44

Ju 87 D-3 BOS
Ju 52/3m -

He 111 H-16 BOK
He 111 H-6 BOS

ITALY Late 44 Early 45

109 G-14 BOBP            P-51D BOBP

109 G-6 -                       P-47D BOBP

190 A-8 BOBP              P-38J BOBP
Ju 87 D-3 BOS
Ju 52/3m -
He 111 H-16 BOK
He 111 H-6 BOS

The sides on this server are already often stacked for the German side. Having a few token soviet aircraft on red side is a small price to pay for somewhat viable team balancing.

16 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

The sides on this server are already often stacked for the German side. Having a few token soviet aircraft on red side is a small price to pay for somewhat viable team balancing.

The price is this. It's not Anzio, it's just Kuban with BOBP options. The price is to blow up the historical scenario

Even without the Soviet planes it is still just a Kuban map. And if the German side has 3 or more times the planes in the air it isn't any more 'Anzio' than anything else, regardless of the absence of Soviet aircraft. You might be fine with that kind of stacking. I'm not. In fact I'm rather sick of it but I have to put up with it, though, because I can't do anything about it. Going out of the way to encourage this stacking is dumb and should be avoided in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

The price is this. It's not Anzio, it's just Kuban with BOBP options. The price is to blow up the historical scenario

Maybe when BoBp is fully released it would be more viable to do it this way. But intentionally limiting the player base of the server seems ill advised to me. We always accept some concessions on realism to make the server accessible and fun. The historical scenario won’t be much fun if lots of people can’t play it or the sides are crazily stacked. I fly regularly when outnumbered and don’t mind, but my opponents probably get bored as they have so few opportunities for a fight.

having a few yaks flying around won’t be the only historical concession anyway. Just try and have fun with it as it is instead of chasing what could be.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Disarray said:

Even without the Soviet planes it is still just a Kuban map. And if the German side has 3 or more times the planes 

I do not know if you are from the old IL-2-1946, Bodenplatte happened on the map of Moscow! Simulation is like this, maps are adapted, but a Yak will always be a plane from the Soviet front

On my list the Germans have only 3 more bombers . It would be much better just to cut off German bomber options so it would be a symmetrical list

ITALY Spring 44

190 A- 3 BOS                P-40E BOW

Ju 87 D-3 BOS
Ju 52/3m -

He 111 H-16 BOK
He 111 H-6 BOS

1 hour ago, RedKestrel said:

Maybe when BoBp is fully released it would be more viable to do it this way. But intentionally limiting the player base of the server seems ill advised to me.

We don't need to discuss this because there is already a map like this and it's very popular, you know what I'm talking about. The best mission of the Combat Box server is the D-day made exclusively with western planes and is the most popular mission they have. P-47 is strong enough to beat any map with A-20. You know that for several times in this particular mission the allied team surpassed the German in numbers, let's not pretend we don't know that, okay?

2 hours ago, Disarray said:

Going out of the way to encourage this stacking is dumb and should be avoided in my opinion.

The way it is now is just eastern front again

BTW with the Spitfire IX option worrying about Yak's absence seems like a noob question

Edited by LUZITANO

You have misunderstood me, or I was not clear. I am not saying that one team will have more plane options than the other. I am saying if you propose a mission where a sizable chunk of the player base has only one side they can pick that side will have way more players and that is stupid. It is doubly stupid when the side you are proposing to push people towards already enjoys a decided numbers advantage when there are planes people could use but don't. Any way, your proposed list shows exactly why this mission will likely result in exactly what I'm talking about. On the Allied side half the planes from BOBP you list aren't out yet, and that is just for starters. Secondly all but one of the other planes are outside of the various packs, so I would think fewer people will have them. Meanwhile the German planes are, with two exceptions, part of the major packs and will be more widely available. This will tend to push people to a team that really doesn't need more people.

It has nothing to do with me fearing one side or disliking it or having a preference for the other side. I am just sick and tired of always seeing one team having a consistent numbers advantage when there is no reason that it has to be that way. I'm tired of always feeling like I can only fly one side because I don't want to contribute to the biggest problem in the multiplayer aspect of this game. I'm tired of always having an up hill battle to fight. And most of all I'm so fucking tired of people like you looking at me and telling me that my bringing up the numbers issue is the problem and not the numbers when it is 20 to 2 or 15 to 40 or any other stupid number combination that we have all seen. While I'm on the topic, I'm also sick of seeing disingenuous cries for balance when the German team is down 1 or 2 players, or people pointing to the odd moments when the teams are balanced or nearly so as proof that there is not an issue. So I guess you'll have to excuse me for saying that your idea for a mission that will, by it's very conception, exacerbate this problem is dumb. Especially when you are willing to overlook other, glaring, inconsistencies in order to do so.

• Upvote 1

I don't need special powers. I have experience. I have watched and noted and observed. The trend is well established and obvious for anyone to see who cares to. If you can't see what is obvious I can't help you. It is a bad idea.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Disarray said:

I don't need special powers. I have experience. I have watched and noted and observed. The trend is well established and obvious for anyone to see who cares to. 

Did you play on the Combat Box, D-day mission? Forgot how it works so well this way?
They did without Soviet planes and most of the time the Red team surpassed the Blue in numbers

1 hour ago, Disarray said:

It is a bad idea

Your idea is terrible because it's just Eastern battles again, again and again... Without history (like arcade, all aircraft mixed, is like... you know... that game...)

Making historical battles with adapted maps is not new to IL-2, it was always like that from 1946

I advised waiting for the P-38 to make Italy, but the Spitfire IX and P-47D can do the trick

Don't worry about those who don't have western planes. Anyone who wants to play with Yak plays on the Russian front and if they want to fly on the western front they will need at least some American or British aircraft

You have no way of knowing if the Blue team would automatically be bigger without Soviet options. It's already bigger as it is, so I don't see any sense in its settings ... And as I've said several times Combat Box has done the DDay mission without Soviet planes and the allied team was not at an automatic disadvantage, on the contrary it's always bigger in this mission

I find it almost impossible for any veteran player to have no choice of western aircraft. And if he only likes Soviet equipment then he will not enjoy the western battles.

Soviet in Italy? Please do not!

Edited by LUZITANO