-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

Hello Everybody!
In the last few weeks we were quite silent. This has only one reason: the lack of new content and being busy with real life,  but I can gladly state, a new mission is WIP wich will be a mid-war semi-historical scenario.
Thank you for your suggestions, it can really afect the way we develop new features and missions. 

Another important thing. Please, don't hesitate to join to our discord, where you can always see the fresh heads-ups about the server and having good conversations about flying in IL-2/ IRL - or if you think we are worthy of your trust, you can support the server by becoming our patron. You can find the invitational link to our discord at the main post of this topic.

• Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

Hello again!
We made some changes on our missions:
-More opportunities for Tank Crew fans, from now on tanks are playable on more missions
-Mission duration is lowered to 2 hours
-Some penalty timers are added and changed
-All modifications are unlocked again
-On some of our missions, Allied airfields are much closer to the frontlines

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

A new Grim Reapers video is out, Grim Reapers flew together with HRAF for practicing!

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

A new Grim Reapers video is out, Grim Reapers flew together with HRAF for practicing!

Congratulations!
KOTA is known to be the lair of the Blues. It was a very beautiful gesture accompany the new players, very good!

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Hello, Fellow Aviators!
In the next days, we are making some more changes on our missions - clouds will be at lower altitude!

See you around!

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, II/JG11_Terzerole said:

Hy KotA Team,

we need more Me 262, and long Runways.😁

Hello!
We plan to slightly incrase the numbers of 262s, when there will be more Allied planes, and sadly there is only a few runways where these "crates" can take off. 

I think there maybe a glitch on your server. Playing at 02.00 this morning, it was allowing outside views, and I assume simplified engine management - never had to set rads, mixture or prop pitch. On il2 or pe2. In fact was unable to set these myself. Dont have any of these allowed at my end. Also had map navigation icon showing.

13 hours ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

I think there maybe a glitch on your server. Playing at 02.00 this morning, it was allowing outside views, and I assume simplified engine management - never had to set rads, mixture or prop pitch. On il2 or pe2. In fact was unable to set these myself. Dont have any of these allowed at my end. Also had map navigation icon showing.

Thanks for reporting it! It is fixed now.

Hello Everybody!
Made some changes on our missions, replaced some of the Allied airfields to a better position, lowered the cloud base, increased AA efficiency for the airfield targets on both sides, also we are making to increase the wind speed(this change will be ready tomorrow).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

New changes have been made: hidden AA batteries will cover the Allied planes on Allied territories, near cities, abandoned airfields. 
These changes will be live tomorrow!

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

New changes have been made: hidden AA batteries will cover the Allied planes on Allied territories, near cities, abandoned airfields. 
These changes will be live tomorrow!

You know someone will ask so I will do it:-  Why are the hidden AA batteries only for the Allies?   Is it a balance thing because the map layout favours the Axis?

22 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

map layout favours the Axis?

Please explain. 
This way, battles will be much more intense, will have the feeling that you are flying above real combat zone, giving more immersive playground, destroying these batteries won't change the state of the mission.

14 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Please explain. 
This way, battles will be much more intense, will have the feeling that you are flying above real combat zone, giving more immersive playground, destroying these batteries won't change the state of the mission.

I was not saying the map layout *does* favour the Axis side,   I was only asking why the change was only applied to a single side and guessing at a possible reason.  My guess was not based on me thinking the map was unbalanced, it was just that I have seen people complain on other servers (and I have no opinion on whether they are correct) that the placement of the airfields across the map is not even so it can give one side an advantage.  It was also not a complaint.  I was just curious and I have no hidden agenda either way 🙂

Hi,

I just want to tell you that I had a blast on your server.

Sorry to the [HRAF] & [_FLAPS_] guys in discord that I left so suddenly. 

Cu soon

• Upvote 1

On 6/27/2019 at 7:04 AM, Grim said:

Hi,

I just want to tell you that I had a blast on your server.

Sorry to the [HRAF] & [_FLAPS_] guys in discord that I left so suddenly. 

Cu soon

Happens, looking forward for more sorties together!

• Like 1

It was like Christmas tonight - all those lovely lights dancing around in the sky.

😜

von Tom

Posted (edited)

@-[HRAF]BubiHUN about that short talk we had on discord during mission about destraining the engine and dispersing some assets because of the tracking bug.
I quickly cobbled something together using a historic example - I omitted a detailed DServer translation (time constraints).. but this may help at getting an additional feel.
The attached document is more than a picture - of course.

image.png.390c5750094ad5a8b79dce1fb625cb31.png

Hope it helps!

FLAPS_salzburg_maxglan_airport_AA.zip

Edited by [_FLAPS_]RogoRogo
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

A re-registration is needed to our statistic website, even the squads. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

On 6/24/2019 at 3:43 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

You know someone will ask so I will do it:-  Why are the hidden AA batteries only for the Allies?   Is it a balance thing because the map layout favours the Axis?

I also wonder the same thing... why only hidden AA batteries for Allies and not for Axis?

Since the last update there is more and more "10009 Error Disconect". Unfortunately, this also affects the scoring system. Are there solutions?

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, II/JG11_Terzerole said:

Since the last update there is more and more "10009 Error Disconect". Unfortunately, this also affects the scoring system. Are there solutions?

No.

I (and several others) suffered for several months under this error at the beginning of the year. It happens without explicable reason, across a variety of ISPs and hardware configurations. We exhausted literally every possible fix and tweak, but nothing would work. Once you have the issue it is seemingly impossible to be rid of. Feel free to look through my post history for more information. 1C support are useless with it too, they advised to reset the network settings and that was it.

Edited by Leifr
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =FC=Frakkas said:

I get this "10009 Error Disconect" when:

• I attack ground targets
  • I shoot a plane close to ground
  • I shoot a plane over target with AAA shooting
  • I fly over 'fireball' placed in some objectives
  • I hang on chute and look around

😒

It could be that your internet connection is dropping packets when there is a lot of information to send back and forth to the server, like when lots of bullets are flying. 

Whenever I get the 10009 disconnect, I'm in level flight. I almost never get the issue on CombatBox but it pops up frequently on KOTA. I believe it has to do with ping with the server. Do you get a warning ever that your ping is too high? Other players see those when I get disconnected but I, strangely, do not see the warning before I get booted.

I too have never been able to fix the issue, it seems to me that some change to the netcode has at some point made some connections sensitive to ping fluctuations, which may or may not be on the user's side of the equation. But there is no consistency to when or where it occurs, and often after updates new people experience it who never got it before, some people stop getting it, or they stop getting it for certain servers and start getting it for others.

7 hours ago, =FC=Frakkas said:

Yes, I get this warning.

I can fly with no disconnections if I avoid the situations described above. So for me, Kota is a pure high altitude fighter server :)

Rogo told me a really interesting thing: with really high speed connection, it could happen that only because of that, your ping could be higher. Can't help to fix that, but AFAK Rogo told a soloution, wich I don't remember, sorry. I belive he wouldn't mind if you contact him about this.

He on your service the houses in built up areas dont load have they been turned off ? Anyway great server just wondering if it’s an issue on my side thanks LP

Servers will often remove buildings from the map. As I understand it this improves the performance of the map as there is less to render and keep track of. Because the ground is still 'city' colored under the buildings it won't hinder navigation as they look about the same from most distances.

The blue artillery of the map normandysummer is hidden in a valley within a forest. We try to attack with tanks and airplanes, but the trees create a natural protection. This target is quite complicated ...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LUZITANO said:

The blue artillery of the map normandysummer is hidden in a valley within a forest. We try to attack with tanks and airplanes, but the trees create a natural protection. This target is quite complicated ...

Thats two target merged into one - for a better lookout.
Ammo and stuff within the woods, cannons at the edge of the treeline.

First, thanks for providing this excellent server.

I did have a question:  We were playing the NormandyFantasySummer mission and we bombed the Allied tank base buildings but nothing happened--no credit or acknowledgement was given for this action.  The briefing for this mission does not explicitly address how to win this mission or give much direction on what to go attack with bombs.   Would it be possible to provide a little more detail here?   In looking at the mission in the editor, it appears that the "division base" and "tank base" are geared towards tanks only with a capture the flag style system?

Thanks.

I'm not saying that the goals on the stalling map with tanks favor the blue team yet... 

Beside one of the red tank bases there is an red aircraft objective for the blue tanks destroy. But ... there are no targets for the reds around

As for the blues, I would also like to suggest something to them. Put some Tigers on the front tank base so they have a great firepower instead of the panzer III. At least 2 Tigers. But the Pz4 would be ideal for this base since it is a good medium tank

It's a great map and fun. NormandySummer in Stalingrad, I quite liked it! I'm trying to do some new and creative things with the team, the staff plays well and also interact with tanks

There is a map called Kuban1943 where the Germans have the airfields really far from the objectives. Is there any strategic reason for that? Any plans to change it?

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, SCG_Limbo said:

Would it be possible to provide a little more detail here?

As it was stated here, on our discord, and in-game several times: that map was built to familiarize myself with tanks, distances, routes, targets, in short term: the possibilites for having fun with them. As I have less time these days to work on my missions - my progress on these missions is a little bit slower. 

13 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

I'm not saying that the goals on the stalling map with tanks favor the blue team yet... 

You can say that, but it is ot true. Right now, that map favors red team, because it is possible to reach blue airfields with tanks(wich You and some other players did).

But ... there are no targets for the reds around

Then you obviously didn't look on the map with coution, because the rear tank spawn spoint is right before the blue airfield target, just like on the Allied side. 
Please, keep in mind that we have that little scrolling "feature" on our mouse, wich You can use to Zoom in or out on the map. 
Many times, it makes a big difference.

5 hours ago, III/JG52_Al-Azraq said:

Any plans to change it?

As you can see, that map received a little update, for the Axis side, I will replaced their airfields too. Please, be patient.

Put some Tigers on the front tank base

If I put Tigers on the frontal base, they will wipe out everything in their way, then You'r messages in-game will pop-up saying "why is that?" so I should rework that spawn point too, but fortunately I have a little experience in the editor. Please be patient.
giphy.gif

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

As it was stated here, on our discord, and in-game several times: that map was built to familiarize myself with tanks, distances, routes, targets, in short term: the possibilites for having fun with them. As I have less time these days to work on my missions - my progress on these missions is a little bit slower. 

You can say that, but it is ot true. Right now, that map favors red team, because it is possible to reach blue airfields with tanks(wich You and some other players did).

Then you obviously didn't look on the map with coution, because the rear tank spawn spoint is right before the blue airfield target, just like on the Allied side. 
Please, keep in mind that we have that little scrolling "feature" on our mouse, wich You can use to Zoom in or out on the map. 
Many times, it makes a big difference.

As you can see, that map received a little update, for the Axis side, I will replaced their airfields too. Please, be patient.

If I put Tigers on the frontal base, they will wipe out everything in their way, then You'r messages in-game will pop-up saying "why is that?" so I should rework that spawn point too, but fortunately I have a little experience in the editor. Please be patient.
giphy.gif

He is my favorite map of all the servers, I'm patient, I'm actually having a lot of fun in Normandysummer
It opens up many possibilities to explore. I will say again that it is an excellent map, my favorite at the moment!

You're right, I complained about the Tigers ... the problem is you do not have the panzer-4 to balance with the other mediums. Just 1 Tiger at least, people dont now how use the panzerIII

PS. Sanders is talking about Trump :p 

Edited by LUZITANO

3 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Sorry but I did not read read the KOTA discord nor look over the previous 37 pages of this thread, nor do I think a player jumping into your server  should be required to do so.    I do not think it should take too much time to add a paragraph or two explaining the mission's objectives in the briefing--it is really incomplete and does not even mention tanks much less that you are supposed to drive tanks to the enemy's opposing bases.  Maybe we have a misunderstanding here, but I really think you should brief players on what mission objectives are as a common courtesy.

That the buildings around the tank bases do not credit players flying planes with kills seems like a bug too me too.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2