-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

36 minutes ago, LUZITANO said:

Did you play on the Combat Box, D-day mission? Forgot how it works so well this way?
They did without Soviet planes and most of the time the Red team surpassed the Blue in numbers

In any case, this mission was purely a turkey shoot imo. Slow and low p47 with or without heavy bomb load were just target practice for me. More so the few spitfires that one saw occasionally. 

I read through yours and Disarrays stuff and i have to agree with @Disarray. IMO the more historical you wanna make a mission in terms of airplanes available, the more you will also contribute to the problem of unbalanced teams.

you want only western allies -> will exclude all the mainly Yak or LA5 pilots. „Just fly another plane“ is not a valid argument.

in fact, it could lead to even more switching to blue, cuz 109 is 109, no matter the year.

One does not need to be a genius to see this kind of behavior already, if a certain airplane is not available, they either don‘t fly or switch sides to blue.

Example: Personally i don‘t like, and because of this, don‘t fly early to mid war russian planes and the p39 and p40. So the allied side only appeals to me as soon as the spit9 is available. If i join KOTA on an early war mission and the balance is already ridiculously f**ked in favor of blue (16:2 / 40:20) etc etc... i don‘t just switch to red. In fact, i just don‘t fly at all until the mission is over.

and there is loads of people that think the same way. If my favorite red plane is not available and the balance is already f**ked, why bother? Switch server or go talk to family, seem to be nice guys after all... ;) then come back to the next mission.

Limiting availability of red planes would only contribute to the already favoring blue numbers online. Maybe the tempest and p51 will change this a little bit, but don‘t expect a big change there.

multiplayer in any game has to be somewhat balanced, and only as second priority be as historical as possible.

only focusing on historical accuracy will leave the server empty for the duration of this mission and pissing people off. Some only have limited time to fly cuz of obvious reasons like work, sleep etc. and don‘t wanna wait hours for a mission to be over so they can hopefully fly in the next one.

3 minutes ago, =FC=SteelFalcon said:

I read through yours and Disarrays stuff and i have to agree with @Disarray. .

I hit a bet with you both. First, German superiority in numbers is not caused by a lack of allied options

The German team is more popular, that is a fact. In KOTA he's even more popular

But I'm pretty sure that a set excluding the Soviets hardly influences the number of players. 

In fact my suggestion will attract more allied players, I am 100% sure about it mainly with the induction of the P-38. I make a bet, no kidding

15 minutes ago, LUZITANO said:

First, German superiority in numbers is not caused by a lack of allied options

That‘s correct, and limiting the allied planeset will make this even more extreme.

a solely western allied planeset is not changing anything about blue numbers other than probably increasing them. And in fact, will not attract more allied players than when eastern planes would be an option too. It will only force the low number of allied pilots to fly on a more limited portfolio of aircraft. Where it comes to play if they even have the pack with said airplanes or collector planes bought or not.

so the already low number of allied will be forced to either fly blue or have to buy a pack or collector just to fly red.

2 hours ago, =FC=SteelFalcon said:

That‘s correct, and limiting the allied planeset will make this even more extreme.

a solely western allied planeset is not changing anything about blue numbers other than probably increasing them. And in fact, will not attract more allied players than when eastern planes would be an option too. It will only force the low number of allied pilots to fly on a more limited portfolio of aircraft. Where it comes to play if they even have the pack with said airplanes or collector planes bought or not.

so the already low number of allied will be forced to either fly blue or have to buy a pack or collector just to fly red.

Hmm I think that, when it is finished,  a purely Bodenplatte planeset could possibly tempt many USA based pilots who fly Blue to come to Red just because it has P51s & P38s.  It has not happened with the P47 yet because it is harder to use well.   The Tempest *might* bring some UK pilots over from Blue but really if they have not already come over for the lovely Spit IX it is unlikely.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, =FC=SteelFalcon said:

I totally disagree. This does not happen for lack of option

If this were true all online battles would be symmetrical by "having choice"

I will not play in Anzio with Soviet planes in the set because is not Anzio, is just Kuban again!

Mixed set drive players away. You don't realize this because the players don't complain

That's why WOL is better. That's why Combat Box has lost popularity. Mixed battles are funny but also is WT

Edited by LUZITANO

1 hour ago, LUZITANO said:

That's why Combat Box has lost popularity

That is just nonsense. You‘ll see that it won‘t change anything about it. Only wester allies won‘t make red more popular at all (maybe in the beginning, but not in the long run).

cb is less active cuz at that point KOTA already has drawn people and as it is an EU server, most eu guys prefer to fly with the better ping. It just starts filling earlier in the day. Once CB has 5-10 guys online, it mostly fills up quickly. It is all about getting it rolling in the first run.

that‘s not rocket science.

people join where there‘s the most active pilots at that said time.

battles will never be symmetrical. But limiting allied planes to only wester planes will not make more allied players appear just out of nowhere.

just because you don‘t wanna fly eastern allied in anzio doesn‘t mean that everyone thinks like you. That‘s your mind tricking you.

in the end, believe what you will, the results will speak for itself.

2 hours ago, =FC=SteelFalcon said:

That is just nonsense. You‘ll see that it won‘t change anything about it. Only wester allies won‘t make red more popular at all (maybe in the beginning, but not in the long run).

cb is less active cuz at that point KOTA already has drawn people and as it is an EU server, most eu guys prefer to fly with the better ping. It just starts filling earlier in the day. Once CB has 5-10 guys online, it mostly fills up quickly. It is all about getting it rolling in the first run.

that‘s not rocket science.

people join where there‘s the most active pilots at that said time.

battles will never be symmetrical. But limiting allied planes to only wester planes will not make more allied players appear just out of nowhere.

just because you don‘t wanna fly eastern allied in anzio doesn‘t mean that everyone thinks like you. That‘s your mind tricking you.

in the end, believe what you will, the results will speak for itself.

I will say just one thing. The shape you want is already happening and not working well

I saw the name "Anzio" and thought: 'Wow, how daring!'

What caught my attention was the name Anzio. A-N-Z-I-O! And guess what anyone attracted to the name ANZIO will expect from this kind of mission? Husky operation, obviously a battle in Italy that took place in early 1944!

Now think ... How could I record a video to promote KOTA and the IL-2 simulator with a Battle in Italy if Yaks and Pe-2s will appear in the video!?!?!?!?!?

Many people will avoid it simply because it is not historical. It's simple! These people don't complain, they just move to a more historical server!

Now ... you and the other mathematical colleagues, of course your point makes sense. However online we know the players, most have and like to fly with western allied planes. And those who don't like western planes won't want to play Anzio, because obviously you have to be a pilot who wants western equipment to play in a western battle. And many American players don't like Soviet equipment and they don't use BOS, they are BOK customers for P-39, A-20 and Spifire. So this mathematical discussion is meaningless

I think this mission should be done as faithfully as possible. Not as the main style because obviously the IL-2 is focused on the eastern front, but as an option that can be a relief. I get bored playing the same battles always ... it's good to have at least 1 mission as an option

IL-2 Great Battles can go far beyond!

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, LUZITANO said:

What caught my attention was the name Anzio. A-N-Z-I-O!

We have no yaks, in our mission called OperationHusky, I did not add any yaks, La5s, but Il-2s and Pe-2s, from the eastern front planes. 
Without them, the Allied side would be at a disadvantegous position, because they wold not have the backbone of their strike package.
Not everybody has preordered BoBP. Trust me, we talk to many people. They are waiting for it to be available on steam/to publish it etc. 
What should we do then? Simply make it impossible them to play with a fighter, even if its an older plane? The same with the attacker/bomber planes.
What about those players who dont have Kuban? There are many players, I assure you.

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

We have no yaks, in our mission called OperationHusky, I did not add any yaks, La5s, but Il-2s and Pe-2s, from the eastern front planes. 
Without them, the Allied side would be at a disadvantegous position, because they wold not have the backbone of their strike package.
Not everybody has preordered BoBP. Trust me, we talk to many people. 

Husky and Anzio are the same for me. Why not test the mission without the Soviets? 
The P-38 would be perfect to make this mission debut

1 minute ago, LUZITANO said:

Husky and Anzio are the same for me. Why not test the mission without the Soviets? 
The P-38 would be perfect to make this mission debut

If you can finish P38 before the Devs, simply send the files to me then I will add it to the plane set.

• Haha 5
  • Upvote 1

Check out this list... 
Husky Operation
190 A-5                   P-47D

109 G-6                   P-38J

109 G-4                   P-39L

109 G-2                   P-40E

C.202 VIII                SPIT IXe

Bf 110 G-2               SPIT Vb

Ju 88 A-4                 A-20B

Ju 87 D-3                 (Yak-1 BOS)

Ju 52/3m

I had so much fun playing this mission today. Thank you BubiHUN

You 

7 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

Husky Operation
190 A-5                   P-47D

109 G-6                   P-38J

109 G-4                   P-39L

109 G-2                   P-40E

C.202 VIII                SPIT IXe

Bf 110 G-2               SPIT Vb

Ju 88 A-4                 A-20B

Ju 52/3m

You forgot F-4. It was used by Italian air force during that time.

What is the most popular server in the game by number of players? I think we can all agree it is Wings, like it or not, it is always at or near the top of the list when you sort by number of players. Are the missions on Wings strictly historical? No. The spawn bases are way too close to the front lines and the restrictions on planes and their equipment are not strictly historical; in some cases they don't even make much sense. Add to this the presence, the ubiquitous presence I might add, of Soviet aircraft and your argument starts losing more ground. Now let's look at another server: Combat Box. While a good server, in my opinion, it doesn't see anywhere near the traffic Wings or Knights do. Why is that? What is different about that one server I wonder? When there are people on that server I don't see an exodus from the server when a mission rolls around that mixes the Soviet and Allied fighters. Why might that be?

I get that you want this, and you want it to be a specific way. I want a teams that aren't stacked nearly all the time. But the teams are stacked and the Soviet planes get mixed in when they need to be. I guess we might just have to learn to live with things. And I'm still looking for a satisfactory answer to why the topography and geography can be overlooked or outright ignored but simple concessions to available planes cannot. I might have to learn to live without that too as I can't really see a way around it.

Anyway that about wraps up the point for me. Bubi, keep on keepin' on.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Disarray said:

What is the most popular server in the game by number of players? I think we can all agree it is Wings, like it or not, it is always at or near the top of the list when you sort by number of players. Are the missions on Wings strictly historical? No. The spawn bases are way too close to the front lines and the restrictions on planes and their equipment are not strictly historical; in some cases they don't even make much sense. Add to this the presence, the ubiquitous presence I might add, of Soviet aircraft and your argument starts losing more ground. Now let's look at another server: Combat Box. While a good server, in my opinion, it doesn't see anywhere near the traffic Wings or Knights do. Why is that? What is different about that one server I wonder? When there are people on that server I don't see an exodus from the server when a mission rolls around that mixes the Soviet and Allied fighters. Why might that be?

I get that you want this, and you want it to be a specific way. I want a teams that aren't stacked nearly all the time. But the teams are stacked and the Soviet planes get mixed in when they need to be. I guess we might just have to learn to live with things. And I'm still looking for a satisfactory answer to why the topography and geography can be overlooked or outright ignored but simple concessions to available planes cannot. I might have to learn to live without that too as I can't really see a way around it.

Agreed. WOL has high numbers because of its accessibility. I don't fly it because I prefer servers like KOTA and CB with realistic nav and more interesting scenarios. But we have to recognize that having incredibly detailed, 100% historically accurate missions isn't going to be worth much if there is no one to fly them, and thats what happens when you add too many restrictions. Even CombatBox, which focuses exclusively on late war scenarios, has a few BoS planes thrown in there so people can play without all the expansions.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Disarray said:

Are the missions on Wings strictly historical? No.

The details especially regarding the modifications are quite faithful most of the time. But the server is not 100% historical, none is and none will be. What catches my eye regarding WOL details for example? La-5 did not have the F modification in 1942. This is historic! And at the same time he favors the German team when introducing the 190 in Stalingrad
But obviously some airplanes are slightly randomly inducted, and WOL started introducing Spitfire IX into some missions, and with the arrival of the new planes this would inevitably happen...
Do we like the new planes? Yes. That's why there are so many missions with the new BOBP planes ... but ... how long will "mixing all" work out?

Several battles can be created between 1944 and 1945 with the 109G-14 and 190A-8 planes on the east front and the La-5FN can fight them

All of the servers will be required to focus on the eastern front ... Kursk is practically developed, just needs the Yak-9T ... And you can use the map of Prokhorovka

8 hours ago, Disarray said:

Like the 3 servers you mentioned. WOL, Combat and KOTA. They all have missions that I particularly enjoy. And the four major IL-2 servers including TAW share the same players, right?
KOTA certainly has the toughest fights... I think KOTA's best mission is Kuban43spring, because it is monumental with the huge map and a faithful set

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

That poll is clearly off topic from KOTA.

It is for general purpose

On 8/12/2019 at 5:44 PM, LUZITANO said:

The details especially regarding the modifications are quite faithful most of the time.

Had a great laugh, thanks for this one 😂

• Thanks 1

On 8/12/2019 at 3:04 AM, Ropalcz said:

You 

You forgot F-4. It was used by Italian air force during that time.

Ok. But not both at the same time (to keep balance...)

Husky Operation (updated)
190 A-5                   P-47D

109 G-6                   P-38J

109 G-4                   Spit IXe

109 F-4                    Spit Vb

110 G-2                    P-39L

MC.202 VIII             P-40E
He 111 H-16           A-20B

Ju 52/3m

Pz IV G                     M4A2
Pz III L                      (T-34 STZ BOS)

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, wellenbrecher said:

Consider this a PSA.

20190825192639_1.jpg.94013d3308d873a25735c912a813687a.jpg

thats not the full context bro 😄
Was making jokes with Nat, and you know it 😄 

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

Posted (edited)

Joint departure SG2 and III./SG77, accompanied by WG, LwS, ZG26 and single pilots. 25 Aug

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

11.jpg13.thumb.jpg.d2bbf07d28cbbc5dea12b2b8635bb3ac.jpg10.thumb.jpg.d7f01f44354a90b335389648888e9037.jpg

7.thumb.jpg.d870cf6eeb619d7f56eb653f8e19b42b.jpg9.thumb.jpg.4c6023c36fcd5c99fea11df61997c0a1.jpg12.thumb.jpg.074d69d4cbec9abe457014cd9108a414.jpg

Edited by 1/SG2_Hummels
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 8

16 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

thats not the full context bro 😄
Was making jokes with Nat, and you know it 😄 

Why would you sully this wholesome moment with facts? 😰

18 hours ago, wellenbrecher said:

Consider this a PSA.

20190825192639_1.jpg.94013d3308d873a25735c912a813687a.jpg

Hey, the in-game chat IS useful!

• Like 1

We know the allies don't have bombers to confront the Germans in Anzio, right?
Pe-2 and IL-2 are widely used by players to complete missions, but ... wouldn't it be better to adapt the mission to the available equipment?
If you do a mission in Italy with only the A-20 for the allies, it would be interesting to allocate more targets that could be destroyed by fighters?
My suggestion is to adapt the mission (allied side) and put few buildings (bridges) to be destroyed and the other targets can be distributed between airfields, artillery and truck column

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, LUZITANO said:

We know the allies don't have bombers to confront the Germans in Anzio, right?
Pe-2 and IL-2 are widely used by players to complete missions, but ... wouldn't it be better to adapt the mission to the available equipment?
If you do a mission in Italy with only the A-20 for the allies, it would be interesting to allocate more targets that could be destroyed by fighters?
My suggestion is to adapt the mission (allied side) and put few buildings (bridges) to be destroyed and the other targets can be distributed between airfields, artillery and truck column

As I said before, not everyone has Kuban, and much less players fly the A-20, just like you. 

Who would fly an A20 by choice when its bomb bay door lights you up like a xmas tree from 9km yet is invisible to wingman from 200m behind. Personally I choose equipment to suit the mission. When my mechanic takes a hammer to the tail light possibly worth it. There is no mission that suits an a20 at present unfortunately.

In my view as virtually 100% ground attack, Kota got it right giving the choice.

1 hour ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

Who would fly an A20 by choice when its bomb bay door lights you up like a xmas tree from 9km yet is invisible to wingman from 200m behind. Personally I choose equipment to suit the mission. When my mechanic takes a hammer to the tail light possibly worth it. There is no mission that suits an a20 at present unfortunately.

In my view as virtually 100% ground attack, Kota got it right giving the choice.

Please tell me the devs know about this.

Well I thought there was a bug report January. .  However I had misread report, its for light being disconnected from plane. I will make one now.8km_distance.jpg.b76d010513cad1d0ec9e8fdadcfa1f50.jpg

I believe there is a mod, at least for the nav lights which are similarly visible from long distance in daylight.

Flight of 3, opened bomb bay doors, no sign to me that the 2 in front had any lights on, external view or cockpit (although mine can be seen as lit), however the escorts above us start screaming about putting our lights on. 30secs later they are trying to pull190s of us. From my chute you can see the one survivors bomb door lights almost from 9km as he goes to attack target. The further away you are the brighter the lights (and greater bloom). And that picture is sideways on. Imagine looking down from 3km above. Open doors no more than 15secs out.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

As I said before, not everyone has Kuban, and much less players fly the A-20, just like you. 

I understand your point of view. My point of view is simple... Western allies have only fighters except the A-20, why not allocate more targets that can be destroyed by machine guns? Targets for fighters, as the Western allies only has one bomber

During the week i'm at work while you play on this mission ... i try as much as possible to participate in HuskyOperation during the week, i loved the "new map"

Now ... I had an idea that might solve the P-51 issue at Anzio. In this battle the variant used was the P-51B armed with 4x .50 machine guns. So ... If the P-51 has the option to remove machine guns you can lock it with 4x .50s. The P-51D is too late, but removing 2x machine guns makes it more suitable for use on Anzio

P-51B

Spoiler

fms-p-51b-mustang-dallas-darling-1450mm-

Edited by LUZITANO

15 hours ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

Well I thought there was a bug report January. .  However I had misread report, its for light being disconnected from plane. I will make one now.8km_distance.jpg.b76d010513cad1d0ec9e8fdadcfa1f50.jpg

I believe there is a mod, at least for the nav lights which are similarly visible from long distance in daylight.

Flight of 3, opened bomb bay doors, no sign to me that the 2 in front had any lights on, external view or cockpit (although mine can be seen as lit), however the escorts above us start screaming about putting our lights on. 30secs later they are trying to pull190s of us. From my chute you can see the one survivors bomb door lights almost from 9km as he goes to attack target. The further away you are the brighter the lights (and greater bloom). And that picture is sideways on. Imagine looking down from 3km above. Open doors no more than 15secs out.

Yes, I remember that report. 
What is really interesting afaik the red light on the A-20 isnt that visible. 

Yeah there was already a bug report on red light so I did not mention it in bug report. But never seen a red light - in fact that picture above the light never changes as he drop bombs a second or 2 later. But they are recessed inside the fuselage tail, so it shouldnt be visible at all from the side either.

Posted (edited)

33 blues vs 5 reds last night 8pm GMT

was quickly vs 2 reds, because we left.

what is the mentality behind this? you get laughed out the server for mentioning it.

Edited by SYN_Repent

Depends on the scenario I suppose, and the group of people who are currently playing.

Our group have been on both sides of this, and sort of gave up trying to play any balance game. We just fly what we want to fly as a group now, lately it's been the BF-110. Earlier in the year we flew the Peshka extensively; some nights there would be a large number of blues on, other nights red and that's how it was.

It really is stupid, those kinds of numbers. The most stupid part of it is that it needn't be this way but for the insistence on the part of some players that it be that way. Why don't people fix it? It did get better though. Is it that Soviet planes appear so much more difficult to operate? Because they aren't really that complex. It can't be entertaining, can it? Flying around with nobody to shoot at and nothing to really stop you from bombing a target? That is fun? I can tell you for certain sure that it isn't very much fun to be with the 3 among the 33. And I know, I know, you paid for the game so you get to do whatever you want, quack quack quack. But I have to ask, along that line of logic: If I paid for the game too why do I have to put up with this near consent imbalance? I'd be interested to know the answers to these questions, but I don't expect I'll find any. None that are satisfactory, anyway.

After a while it was only 2 to 1. So I guess there is that.

• Upvote 1

All external lights need fixing by the developers IMHO, as they are all completely overdone and far too bright by a very large degree.

Flying in a fighter above a formation of A20 bombers on a bomb run when they all open bomb bays doors is shocking when you see all the lights come on highly visible for miles and miles around.

Navigation lights are also a total shocker.  It would be far better to have no lights than the lights the way they are modelled at the moment.

Happy landings,

Talisman

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, /SF/Disarray said:

It really is stupid, those kinds of numbers. The most stupid part of it is that it needn't be this way but for the insistence on the part of some players that it be that way. Why don't people fix it? It did get better though. Is it that Soviet planes appear so much more difficult to operate? Because they aren't really that complex. It can't be entertaining, can it? Flying around with nobody to shoot at and nothing to really stop you from bombing a target? That is fun? I can tell you for certain sure that it isn't very much fun to be with the 3 among the 33. And I know, I know, you paid for the game so you get to do whatever you want, quack quack quack. But I have to ask, along that line of logic: If I paid for the game too why do I have to put up with this near consent imbalance? I'd be interested to know the answers to these questions, but I don't expect I'll find any. None that are satisfactory, anyway.

After a while it was only 2 to 1. So I guess there is that.

2 to 1 against you is pretty good odds when you fly Red. 

I don't understand people flying when the number disparity is so high. 10 vs. 5 can still be fun for both sides. 20 Vs 10, even 40 vs 20. But 33 vs. 2? Its gotta be even less fun for the Axis guys than for the VVS. 

2 to 1 is manageable. I would not classify it as good, not in any way. Especially when it is so damn common that people, like RedKestrel here, have come to look upon in as favorable. It is like saying getting punched in the chest is preferable to being punched in the throat. I suppose it is true but better isn't good in this case. In any event I'm still waiting for my answers. Don't worry, I won't hold my breath.

• Thanks 1