-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

6 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Yes, somehow they work a little bit different since the latest update. We will try to understand the logic.

Not just the most recent patch though.   I think it was just after the main update a few weeks ago that I noticed I had been given a medal for getting five kills when I only had two.    I don't have any awards now but that is right as I have been my usual crap self.

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure who markrus45 is/was but he decided to jump into our various gunner slots (4 or 5 of us) and shoot at friendlies when we were in formation, killing Sparky.

I'll post the sortie details when they're available.

von Tom

Edit:  Spark's mission log but it most definitely wasn't AI - http://kotastat.com/en/sortie/log/30299/?tour=3 

Edited by von_Tom
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, von_Tom said:

I'm not sure who markrus45 is/was but he decided to jump into our various gunner slots (4 or 5 of us) and shoot at friendlies when we were in formation, killing Sparky.

I'll post the sortie details when they're available.

von Tom

Edit:  Spark's mission log but it most definitely wasn't AI - http://kotastat.com/en/sortie/log/30299/?tour=3 

Talked to him on Discord. 
He did that on purpose, because he was bored that you guys kept avoiding every enemy planes with your bombers. 
He said it won't happen again, although I warned him.

Thank you for your efforts.
See you around

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN

6 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Talked to him on Discord. 
He did that on purpose, because he was bored that you guys kept avoiding every enemy planes with your bombers. 

It was the first time we’d spawned in and were forming up for our first attack of the night.

i guess he doesn’t realise that bombers don’t seek out enemy planes. 

Thanks

von Tom

• Upvote 1

I did a test with 109K today ... In a combat with a Spitfire9 I hit it at least 3 times, but without causing any serious damage. I kept altitude and distance and returned the base, thanks to the powerful engine of the 109K (super, no doubt). Upon returning I realized that I was not able to start the game with the cannon ammunition, and this bug happened only with the 109K

17 minutes ago, LUZITANO said:

I did a test with 109K today ... In a combat with a Spitfire9 I hit it at least 3 times, but without causing any serious damage. I kept altitude and distance and returned the base, thanks to the powerful engine of the 109K (super, no doubt). Upon returning I realized that I was not able to start the game with the cannon ammunition, and this bug happened only with the 109K

never ran into that bug about 5 months now. Interesting.

10 hours ago, EWilhelmPaulus said:

When will Dora be available at KOTA Server?

:dance:

We have to discuss, wich mission they should be available and the quantity. They will be available on KubanSummer1944, because thats the prupose of that mission.

For few days we will run only the latest maps with Dora to let everybody to test and familiarize the new beauty. Please do not complain german bias and all this stuff. Try and test and enjoy! Soon we will set up a balanced version of the maps. Thank you very much.

See you around

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

For few days we will run only the latest maps with Dora to let everybody to test and familiarize the new beauty. Please do not complain german bias and all this stuff. Try and test and enjoy! Soon we will set up a balanced version of the maps. Thank you very much.

See you around

Sounds fair.   It would be frustrating if blue pilots could not fly their Doras online.

Posted (edited)

Got my first dora kill in a spit9 yesterday, sadly all the doras were gone so it was even more sweet shooting down one of that last remaining doras, was promptly shot down by his wingmate afterwards, hahaha. She's a bit outmatched at low altitude, that spitfire is truly scary down low. The acceleration on it is absurd.

Edited by JonRedcorn

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

Got my first dora kill in a spit9 yesterday, sadly all the doras were gone so it was even more sweet shooting down one of that last remaining doras, was promptly shot down by his wingmate afterwards, hahaha. She's a bit outmatched at low altitude, that spitfire is truly scary down low. The acceleration on it is absurd.

Funny my squadmate posted the same thing last night too ie He shot down his first Dora in his Spit IX then got killed by the wingman.   He knew the wingman was around but was unable to catch it when it disengaged and was unable to do anything to escape being shot down when it came back.  His conclusion was that the Spit IX *can* take down Doras 1 v 1 but only if you if you start with an energy advantage and kill it first pass because it will quickly turn the tables and come back with more energy than you.

Edited by 56RAF_Roblex

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Funny my squadmate posted the same thing last night too ie He shot down his first Dora in his Spit IX then got killed by the wingman.   He knew the wingman was around but was unable to catch it when it disengaged and was unable to do anything to escape being shot down when it came back.  His conclusion was that the Spit IX *can* take down Doras but only if you if you start with an energy advantage and kill it first pass because it will quickly turn the tables and come back with more energy than you.

The one I caught was strafing ground targets, his wingman I never saw, but I glided in, not with an abundance of energy, but was able to actually chase him down and put him down. We were both at pretty low energy states, and the spit 9 is fully capable of chasing it down at very low altitudes. Unless the guy I got was not working the motor right in the dora.

Sortie log

http://kotastat.com/en/sortie/log/31643/?tour=3

I sure look like a cheat on the stats with all the disconnects but I assure everyone its never in combat, been doing a LOT of VR settings testing, multiplayer is what I play so I end up leaving a lot after seeing the performance impact. Never in a dogfight. Or even after I've been hurt.

Edited by JonRedcorn

4 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

The one I caught was strafing ground targets, his wingman I never saw, but I glided in, not with an abundance of energy, but was able to actually chase him down and put him down. We were both at pretty low energy states, and the spit 9 is fully capable of chasing it down at very low altitudes. Unless the guy I got was not working the motor right in the dora.

Sortie log

http://kotastat.com/en/sortie/log/31643/?tour=3

I sure look like a cheat on the stats with all the disconnects but I assure everyone its never in combat, been doing a LOT of VR settings testing, multiplayer is what I play so I end up leaving a lot after seeing the performance impact. Never in a dogfight. Or even after I've been hurt.

"Unless the guy I got was not working the motor right in the dora."  And that is the thing, right now pilots are still getting used to the Dora, but soon they will be mostly very familiar with it and much more expert.  Give it a couple of weeks and Dora pilots will be well into their stride!  Stay sharp as it is going to get even harder to counter them.

Happy landings,

Talisman

6 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

He actually shot down two last night and one of them was because the Dora pilot tried to climb away steeply and the spit could keep up with that (or at east long enough to nail him).   Is that right Talisman?

Posted (edited)

First, thank you for Dora's, HRAF's!

We have just 20 Doras available.

Give us some more, please :P

Edited by EWilhelmPaulus

39 minutes ago, EWilhelmPaulus said:

First, thank you for Dora's HRAF's!

We have just 20 Doras available.

Give us some more, please :P

Don't lose them and you should be fine :)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

He actually shot down two last night and one of them was because the Dora pilot tried to climb away steeply and the spit could keep up with that (or at east long enough to nail him).   Is that right Talisman?

I don't want to give the other side any clues as to how to fly better, LOL.  But yes, a more shallow climb with more speed and I could not have caught him.  Or a shallow climb followed by a dive for even more speed and so on.  

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Don't lose them and you should be fine :)

Yesterday, when I finally could enter in the server, they are gone.

Edited by EWilhelmPaulus

3 minutes ago, EWilhelmPaulus said:

Yesterday, when I finally could enter in the server, they are gone.

Not saying you Philipp .. you are a very capable pilot and I know you care for your plane but there are way too many LW players that dont lol.

Good day to You, fellow Aviators!
Today, we made a server restart - sorry for the invonvenience. We received many of your suggestions, thank you for your efforts! The following changes have been made:
-Moscow1941AutumnSunny and Rainy missions: added 10 F-4s and 10 Yak-1 to the fighter airfields
-The FW 190 D-9 quantity has been raised (only on late-war missions)
-Regarding to the latest patch notes, we changed the durability values for static planes(fighter and bombers), dugouts, control towers, ammo nets, fuel tanks, trucks, half-tracks.
  While attacking enemy target airfields, please note that most of the open hangars are filled with stationary planes, wich are still part of these targets.

Our late-war event is still live until the end of this week, to let You fly with the brand new plane, the FW-190 D-9.
In the future when more late-war planes will be released, we will keep more events like this.

See you around.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

Good day to You, fellow Aviators!
Today, we made a server restart - sorry for the invonvenience. We received many of your suggestions, thank you for your efforts! The following changes have been made:
-Moscow1941AutumnSunny and Rainy missions: added 10 F-4s and 10 Yak-1 to the fighter airfields
-The FW 190 D-9 quantity has been raised (only on late-war missions)
-Regarding to the latest patch notes, we changed the durability values for static planes(fighter and bombers), dugouts, control towers, ammo nets, fuel tanks, trucks, half-tracks.
  While attacking enemy target airfields, please note that most of the open hangars are filled with stationary planes, wich are still part of these targets.

Our late-war event is still live until the end of this week, to let You fly with the brand new plane, the FW-190 D-9.
In the future when more late-war planes will be released, we will keep more events like this.

See you around.

You're the best!

:drinks:

Thank you a lot! 

:salute:

• Thanks 1

Definitely grateful to be able to fly the dora in a more realistic setting, yes you cna go to berloga and dogfight till your hearts content, but to me that's no fun.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2019 at 1:16 PM, 56RAF_Roblex said:

His conclusion was that the Spit IX *can* take down Doras 1 v 1 but only if you if you start with an energy advantage and kill it first pass because it will quickly turn the tables and come back with more energy than you.

In 1vs1 the Spitfire dominate anytime, anything. It climb as fast as Dora: From my experience when a Spitfire went in my six far, same energy, I started a slight climb path to see if I could outclimb him. 280km/h from 500 to 6000m... The Spitfire was still there and a bit closer. Btw it was on a no winter map (so Dora had all his power).

So in 1vs1 with same energy, Dora has 4 choices: 

- Kill the Spitfire at the very beginning

- Call for help

- Run

- Or hope it's a beginner

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

In 1vs1 the Spitfire dominate anytime, anything. It climb as fast as Dora: From my experience when a Spitfire went in my six far, same energy, I started a slight climb path to see if I could outclimb him. 280km/h from 500 to 6000m... The Spitfire was still there and a bit closer. Btw it was on a no winter map (so Dora had all his power).

- Call for help

- Run

Not correct.  Against a human pilot who knows what he is doing with the Dora the Spitfire is in trouble, or the Dora can just disengage and fly away if it wants (it can also come back at you after disengaging and have more energy and altitude).  Sounds like you may be a beginner in a Dora.  To say that the Spitfire dominates the Dora in 1 v 1 is crazy.  Only if the Dora turn fights does the Spitfire have a good chance.  You only have to read the Dora performance stats and compare with the Spitfire to see which aircraft is dominant.  I have killed many Dora's in my Spitfire, but mostly when I have taken them by surprise, had altitude or energy advantage or they have tried to turn fight.

The Spitfire Mk IX is March 1943 vintage in terms of flying performance, Merlin 66 engine and airframe wise.  If you can catch up with a Dora and get it in your gunsight, only then you can take advantage of the 1944 upgrade from .303 to 50 calibre machine guns and the gyro gunsight.

Also, you only have to look at the stats pages for MP servers with the Dora to see the growing advantage of the Dora as more pilots get more familiar with it and get used to making the most of it.  Spitfires are on the run and suffering.

Keep practising with the Dora.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

- Call for help

- Run

Got to agree you there Faucon. Of course there are no absolutes, but you can quote the performance advantage of the D9 and say ' just don't get into a turn fight ' but the fact that the spit IX can turn without losing energy so well makes it more than just dead meat. 

6 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

In 1vs1 the Spitfire dominate anytime, anything.

"Do not know how to kill Spitfires..."

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 56RAF_Talisman said:

(it can also come back at you after disengaging and have more energy and altitude)

Dora may be faster on level flight, but it's not in climbing. Running away in level requires to climb and go back to the aera. It's long, the furbal will be probably vanished. Except if your opponent decide to leave your six very quickly but it doesn't happen much.

If you want to go away in climbing to regain energy (and so be able to get back in the fight quickly), the Spitfire will just stick your tail if he decide so. And with some lead pursuit, close the gap on you, whatever your manouver.

Sounds like you may be a beginner in a Dora.

.......... :lol:

To say that the Spitfire dominates the Dora in 1 v 1 is crazy.

Sound like you may be a beginner  ;)

Only if the Dora turn fights does the Spitfire have a good chance.  You only have to read the Dora performance stats and compare with the Spitfire to see which aircraft is dominant.

Yes on the paper Dora is taking over the Spitfire 9 (speed and climb rate). But in practice, you will need quite a lot of energy advantage with the Dora, if you want to feel safe alone against a Spitfire. Why? Because Spitfire has an excellent turning room and climbing rate (+ it keep very well its energy). If he manage to avoid your first passes, he will quickly close the gap. 

Also, you only have to look at the stats pages for MP servers with the Dora to see the growing advantage of the Dora as more pilots get more familiar with it and get used to making the most of it.

It could be probably because of the unbalanced teams. 

But of course if Dora users remain patient, work together, keep speed and a good SA, they will master the sky.

So I will repeat myself, in 1vs1 with same energy against the Spit 9, Dora has 4 choices: 

1 Try kill the Spitfire at the very beginning (that's a huge risk), when he still have the speed and the ability to turn with him (I would say 450km/h and over)

2 Did you succed step one?

Yes: Congratulation / No Call for help

3 Do you care about returning to base safe?

Yes: Run / No: Just have fun and try your last chance against the Spitfire

4 If you have the feeling it's a real rookie, you probably have a chance

You could try to climb if the "climbing race" start with a speed disadvantage for the Spitfire. But it's risky: Spitfire climb like a rocket and can hang to his prop for a long long time. 

From a "Dora beginner"... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, LUZITANO said:

"Do not know how to kill Spitfires..."

Because you know? Tell me (seriously, I'm curious).

Edited by F/JG300_Faucon

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

Because you know? Tell me (seriously, I'm curious).

As a Spitfire pilot I can say calmly, between the 109G-14 and the Spitfire IX beats the one that is higher, only that is important, altitude!
In fact at low altitudes the 109G-14 is more powerful, that is ... the 109G14 have some technical advantage, but the two planes are very competitive

Now changing the subject...

I have said several times here that the 109K is far superior to the Spitfire IX and the P-47 ... but ... what have I done? I tested 

When they introduced the 109K I avoided flying with it because I knew that this is a chronological absurdity to compete online against planes like the P-47D... So I played very little KubanSummer1944 for this reason and because for a while the Spitfire IX suffered a bug in the radiators

But ... I flew back to KOTA. I see many marvelous missions, well orchestrated works and huge maps....

The server created 2 Bodenplatte variants in the winter and we have the KubanSummer ... Good maps. What I miss is a map for 1944 where the main fighters would be the 109G-14 and the 190-A-8 and Allied fighters  from 1944  period, a true map in the summer/autumn of 1944

I can see the record of the Blue pilots and it's always the same thing. Everyone gets a positive balance flying with the 109K, every time I see the profile of a Blue pilot they play spectacularly bad flying with the current Red fighters of Bodenplatte

First time I try the 109K was on KOTA, "GG easy" ...109k.thumb.jpg.37cefab69094b8c2be1e101d29e08986.jpg

Edited by LUZITANO

I thought you were going to teach me how to kill Spitfire :sorry::biggrin: (joke)

I agree that 109 G14 and K4 are better than 190 in 1vs1 (against Spitfire). But to me, if pilot are same level, even with disadvantage, the Spitfire can still close the gap after a moment.

Hello Everybody!
Our Late-War Event has ended, and our map rotation include all of our missions. 
We hope all of you had the chance to fly the D-9.

See you around

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, F/JG300_Faucon said:

I thought you were going to teach me how to kill Spitfire :sorry::biggrin: (joke)

I agree that 109 G14 and K4 are better than 190 in 1vs1 (against Spitfire). But to me, if pilot are same level, even with disadvantage, the Spitfire can still close the gap after a moment.

I'm not a good109 pilot... but I understand Spitfire and he has some weak points that can be exploited

Example, above 540 kph the Spitfire's wings break when making a turn (it is possible to sabotage a novice pilot). At very low speeds the 109 is more stable and it is possible to make Spitfire lose control and spin when fighting at very low speeds

This video was made by a friend, he used to fly 190 in the Berloga and take down Spitfires by making curves (with the A-3)! 
He made this one with the A8 as a good example of how to bring down Spitfire using energy

• Like 2

Hello Everybody!
Started to build up a new mission, with "mid-late" plane set, and playable tanks. 
If you have anything to suggest about tank targets, original pictures from WW2 about frontline camps with tanks, please dont hesitate to send them to me in PM. 

See you around

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Hello Everybody! We will start to test our new mission, KOTA will be restarted and password protected in the next few minutes!
We are back online!
Our brand new Fantasy mission is ready, and now live, with playable tanks and with capturable Tank Bases!

Edited by -[HRAF]BubiHUN
  • Upvote 1

One thing that your new map might be better for is a little bit of base defense for the the tank spawns. I don't know if you can put up some AT guns around the point that will actually do damage though. When I was tanking about I found it a little too easy to take points. If not AT guns maybe some AI tanks set to hold the position, they would be just as dangerous in numbers.

On 31 March 2019 at 5:15 PM, Disarray said:

One thing that your new map might be better for is a little bit of base defense for the the tank spawns. I don't know if you can put up some AT guns around the point that will actually do damage though. When I was tanking about I found it a little too easy to take points. If not AT guns maybe some AI tanks set to hold the position, they would be just as dangerous in numbers.

Did you try to call in air support. 

Why isn't anyone flying Red . . .

There were planes around as I was attacking, most of them appeared to be enemy but it was a little hard to tell from the ground. But they were largely ineffective at stopping, or even slowing my attack. I guess what I'm saying is there was too little opposition. When I found enemy tanks there would be a fight, one side would win and they would move to the base. But if I didn't find any enemy on the way to the target point I'd just stroll up and take the point, no fuss no muss. Some kind of static defense around the points would make the attack a little more challenging.

I don't know why so few are flying Red. I've been wondering that for years though, so... I have noticed it getting worse these last few days. Maybe the last TAW campaign ending has something to do with it? Whatever the cause it would be nice to see it stop.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Disarray said:

I don't know why so few are flying Red. I've been wondering that for years though, so...

Imo:
1. LW has and always had superior planes, now more pronounced than ever. In all online games, may they be as complex as IL2 or as simple as an FPS, people always go first for items/vehicles/weapons/etc that are superior because they want to win. When you are given the choice between a decent and an awesome weapon to take on enemies, which one do you think most people take?

2. LW is more "famous" as an air force than VVS, people want to fly it because they heard about it more

I for that matter very often (mostly) take VVS planes nowadays, especially since K4 is out. In my mind, its about fairness. May the enemy have their K4s/Doras/soon 262s, at least I want to help the side that is "suffering" more, doing my small part to increase its strength in numbers, 'cause thats the only thing that I can do (wish I would be a developer, so I could counter K4/Dora with Yak 3/LA7 on the eastern front and P51D30/d25 and P47N/M on the western front leaving out 262 entirely or counter it with a Meteor at least) . The only reason for me to fly LW now is when Axis side is HEAVILY outnumbered, which is most often not the case, especially in late war settings (also on other servers) when German planes have less and less of a good counter on the other side and more and more people are flying blue. 

Edited by Spicysauced
  • Like 1

1. LW has and always had superior planes, now more pronounced than ever. In all online games, may they be as complex as IL2 or as simple as an FPS, people always go first for items/vehicles/weapons/etc that are superior because they want to win. When you are given the choice between a decent and an awesome weapon to take on enemies, which one do you think most people take?

2. LW is more "famous" as an air force than VVS, people want to fly it because they heard about it more

I don´t think the Luftwaffe had "superior" planes. They are easy.  With a Bf 109 (starting from the F series) you don't have to pay attention to anything except its throttle. And also the Fw 190 can be flown very easy if you pay attention to the outletcowls.  The Russian fighters (Yak, La-5) are good opponents. Only not against a set of airplanes from the end of 1944/45
That would be like playing a Spitfire Mk 22 against a Bf 109 G6.  Then the Spitfire would be the "superior" machine with no doubt. And also the current Spitfire Mk IX has already made life difficult for some D9 and K4 pilots.  In the end I think it depends on the pilot.
Also, I wouldn't necessarily say that the Luftwaffe is the most famous. I think that depends on where you come from and from which perspective you look at it.

But I also noticed  the same, that the allied side is (almost always) completely outnumbered. When I flew with a friend a few days ago there were 20 Allied against 50 Axis players. I'm also interested in fairness here and I just don't understand these "exclusively" German players.  It won't kill anybody to play the "bad" allies, if you see that there are 10-15 more players on the opponent side. But the server here is not to blame for its players, because the missions here are great and it's really fun!

• Haha 1