-[HRAF]BubiHUN

KNIGHTS OF THE AIR Multiplayer Server

4 minutes ago, blitze said:

No, in VR it is the same big map but it doesn't take up the whole screen like in 2D

Not at least on a 150FOV headset 😁

What takes 10 seconds to load???  Not the map? I do get a little delay when I zoom in on part of the map but that is like a 2 to 3 second delay

The map doesn't load up instantly anymore. It did for a little while after the GUI update, it's pretty slow again.

3 minutes ago, JonRedcorn said:

The map doesn't load up instantly anymore. It did for a little while after the GUI update, it's pretty slow again.

Bummer, not experiencing that myself.

Posted (edited)

Please discuss your weather settings once more. I see that there are only few players who want to play rain/snow. Usually at this time there were at least x2 players. (19:47)

Edited by Norz

I think, but that is just my point of view, that most people play on KOTA, is because of the 1944/45 planeset. I enjoy the mid 1941 planeset as well tho. And I forgot that it has Snowy maps as well, which is pretty cool!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/4/2019 at 7:19 AM, JonRedcorn said:

What do you mean? There's another map option besides the big map that takes 10 seconds to load?

Jon the big map loads instantly every time.. 
if you are having loading issue maybe you have a bug, install issue with game or maybe just windows 10

3 hours ago, =TBAS=Sshadow14 said:

Jon the big map loads instantly every time.. 
if you are having loading issue maybe you have a bug, install issue with game or maybe just windows 10

You use VR?

On 5/4/2019 at 7:53 PM, Norz said:

Please discuss your weather settings once more. I see that there are only few players who want to play rain/snow. Usually at this time there were at least x2 players. (19:47)

I'd like some nasty weather.

That would make bomber missions more interesting and you won't be a sitting duck when Blue outweighs Red by 20 players or vice versa.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bremspropeller said:

I'd like some nasty weather.

There are two maps on KOTA with extreme weather, please check our mission list at the main post.

11 hours ago, ORKAS-CM said:

This how i roll up on bombers!!

What the heck happened there, did you hit some debris or is that Ju-88 rocking a cannon as a rear gun?

15 hours ago, ORKAS-CM said:

flying around in the KOTA today :)

There's that legendary Spitfire climb rate!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

What the heck happened there, did you hit some debris or is that Ju-88 rocking a cannon as a rear gun?

Got rocked by the cannons I believe. It happened so fast... literally half a sec and I was no more. lol.

Edited by ORKAS-CM

It looked like an ammo explosion to me. A big store of .50 ammo is located right about where the explosion occurred. You see similar things in 190's, with the 20 mm and 30 mm mags stored in the wings.

Also, don't forget that explosions were added when a fuel tank is breached, and the likelihood of it happening depends on how much fuel is in the tanks (not sure if it's modeled by fuel/air mixture, or a 'die roll' dependent on quantity). It has happened to me several times in the 110 and can often be a "one hit wonder".

Posted (edited)

Yep it's either a fuel tank or ammunition explosion, first time I have seen one in a P-47. They are rare in general.

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard

Admin of KOTA,

Our pilot cant seem to join the Squad, its =VARP=LIQUIDSNAKE.

He tried with the link but it will not work.

Could you force it through somehow?

Many thanks,

Karl

Admin of KOTA,

38 minutes ago, =VARP=Klingon said:

Admin of KOTA,

Sorry for the delay, right now we are a bit busy. 
Arrow deleted all of his accounts from our statistic website when you let us know last time. After is re-registration he could be invited to any squadrons.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

30MM cannon removed from the G-6 - (Kuban '43) dare I ask why?

Nevermind - Autumn 1943 is when they started getting fitted.

Edited by JG7_X-Man
  • Upvote 1

How dare you. 😲

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Today´s sortie :salute:

20190521222222_1.thumb.jpg.082c4defe31a746f7e99b7699dd01dd3.jpg

20190521222644_1.thumb.jpg.ee26ab9e766f29d626fdd82e4ed9a4f7.jpg

20190521223043_1.thumb.jpg.c1c5ef48a67744d9ca47aba5f7a842e0.jpg

Edited by Ropalcz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Ropalcz said:

Today´s sortie :salute:

It's good to hae you back. Long time no see, friend!

• Upvote 1

On 4/26/2019 at 4:58 AM, ITAF_Rani said:

Hi Bubi Hun

I would suggest a invasion Sicily scenario 1943.

I found same little analogy between the two maps.

You could simulate the landing of allied ships to the south west coast of Sicily.

With a bit of fantasy, the possible scenario could be:

Allied planeset with air start

Spit MK 5/9  (more 5 than 9)

P47( waiting the P38)

P40

A20

Axis planeset:

Mc 202

Me 109 G2/G4/G6

Fw 190 A3/5

Me 110 E/G 

Possible air start mission for Ju 52's going to supply fields or drop paras.

Allied have to protect their ships, tanks convoy to conquer fields.

20190426_102944.jpg

20190426_102757.jpg

Keep this alive ;) 

9 hours ago, -[HRAF]BubiHUN said:

It's good to hae you back. Long time no see, friend!

Thanks! Im glad to be back. :cool:

Hello All! I was just perusing this server's thread and it seems like a good time. This might seem like a silly question but does this server have AI planes as well as ground targets? Also, how is the latency when connecting from the United States? I admit I'm used to a more casual style server and have played a lot on coconuts Normal. Also, do the admins make an effort to keep teams mostly balanced? I used to play 1946 MP and team balance was a huge focus for admins/mods there but weirdly it doesn't seem to be focused on in many Great Battles servers. Nothing ruins fun more than being the only allied pilot against half a dozen axis, especially when you're first learning. My friend's an I have been hunting for a good server to play on since coconuts went down so hopefully KOTA will fill that role!

1 hour ago, crappyroads said:

Hello All! I was just perusing this server's thread and it seems like a good time. This might seem like a silly question but does this server have AI planes as well as ground targets? Also, how is the latency when connecting from the United States? I admit I'm used to a more casual style server and have played a lot on coconuts Normal. Also, do the admins make an effort to keep teams mostly balanced? I used to play 1946 MP and team balance was a huge focus for admins/mods there but weirdly it doesn't seem to be focused on in many Great Battles servers. Nothing ruins fun more than being the only allied pilot against half a dozen axis, especially when you're first learning. My friend's an I have been hunting for a good server to play on since coconuts went down so hopefully KOTA will fill that role!

We have fans from Australia, New Zealand, Brasil etc, and their connection is quite good. Yes, we make an effort, but the auto balance on the dserver is quite rudimentary, so we dont use it because it would kill the possibility for the squadrons to fly together.
-[HRAF], =TBAS=, [DBS] squadrons are playing on both sides, with many loners. We made 3 squadron events in the close past, the squadrons I mentioned flew together as a coordinated team on the first two events. 
We don't want to force our fans to fly the plane they don't want, but we ask them to keep the teams even, and usually they comply :) 
Feel free to try out our missions.

See you around

• Like 2

You won't find any bot planes in the skies, this and the lack of navigation aids are the biggest departures from Coconut's. The pings from the US are fine in my experience, I'm on the west coast and haven't had issue with connectivity to this server. So if you are east of me you should be fine, you'll likely be fine even if you aren't east of me in all probability. As BubiHUN mentioned an attempt is made, sometimes, to balance the teams but you will find a heavy axis slant, like you see on most servers, at times. In fairness you will also see some numbers on the Soviet side too but that is somewhat rare.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info! Hopefully the balance will tend more towards 50/50 once the P-51 becomes available...then again the 262 is also coming. This has been a problem since IL-2 1946. The axis planes really are extremely good on paper and it seems that it was supply logistics (especially fuel late war), training, manpower, and other unmodeled details such as strategic and mechanical breakdowns that gave the allies the edge.

I'll give your server a shot!

19 hours ago, crappyroads said:

Thanks for the info! Hopefully the balance will tend more towards 50/50 once the P-51 becomes available...then again the 262 is also coming. This has been a problem since IL-2 1946. The axis planes really are extremely good on paper and it seems that it was supply logistics (especially fuel late war), training, manpower, and other unmodeled details such as strategic and mechanical breakdowns that gave the allies the edge.

I'll give your server a shot!

For what its worth the most fun I've had on this server was when I was one of only two soviet pilots against I think 8 axis guys on the server. Took a MiG-3, fast-bombed the enemy artillery target, then turned south to intercept an attack group I thought might be coming back from attacking our tank HQ. I got super lucky and intercepted them exactly where I thought they would be near the Volga, bounced the formation, took out a FW and a 110 before getting shot down by the last guy in the formation. It was a blast.

http://kotastat.com/en/sortie/69940/?tour=5

Its more fun to fly on the outnumbered side...you've got more targets so a higher likelihood of seeing action. If you're flying Axis and there's only 4 soviets on the server against like 10 or 15 axis, you'll spend most of your time looking for the enemy.  

KOTA is my favourite server and the only reason I'm not on it as often these days is my ping is often too bad to stay on.

As for the 262 - I think most servers are going to restrict it at least somewhat. In any case I think there are relatively few airfields that it can take off from or land. I'd be more worried about it being an uninterceptible fast bomber than anything else.

Posted (edited)

The Kuban1943 maps are monumental. Good job Herr BubiHUN. One of the best online maps that exist

I would like to propose two suggestions for the future. I want to know what you guys think

I believe it's a win / win situation

Many years ago I played a map only with the P-47, P-38 (models of 1943) and the B-17. "The enemies" ... 190A-5 and 109G-6. The P-47 was the razorback model. This is a very difficult mission for the allies, but it values two very popular underdogs, the P-38 and the P-47
I think the P-47/38 pilots will like it and the Luftwaffe pilots will like it even more. Just these planes as fighters and some bombers. It would be good to wait for the P-38 and the launch of the Bodenplatte map

The other suggestion is not mine, it's Rani's idea

It's the same suggestion, without the Spitfire IX.  The Spitfire V is enough fighting at low altitude and can help the P-38/47 in dogfight. This map in Italy without Spit IX would be very good. I know that Spitfire VIII / IX fought in Italy, but this IXe version only came very late
A map with the name "Italy" would automatically be popular mainly with the induction of the P-38

On 4/26/2019 at 4:58 AM, ITAF_Rani said:

Invasion Sicily scenario 1943.

EDITED BY LUZITANO

Planeset

P-47D-28

P-38J

P-39L

P-40E

Spit Mk Vb

A-20B

MC 202 VIII

Me 109 G-6

Fw 190 A-5

Bf 110 G-2 
Ju 87 D-3
Ju 52/3m

B-25 AI.

Possible air start mission for Ju 52's going to supply fields or drop paras.

Allied have to protect their ships, tanks convoy to conquer fields.

20190426_102944.jpg

20190426_102757.jpg

Edited by LUZITANO
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, LUZITANO said:

The Kuban1943 maps are monumental. Good job Mr. BubiHUN. One of the best online maps that exist

I would like to propose two suggestions for the future. I want to know what you guys think

I believe it's a win / win situation

Many years ago I played a map only with the P-47, P-38 (models of 1943) and the B-17. "The enemies" ... 190A-5 and 109G-6. The P-47 was the razorback model. This is a very difficult mission for the allies, but it values two very popular underdogs, the P-38 and the P-47
I think the P-47/38 pilots will like it and the Luftwaffe pilots will like it even more. Just these planes as fighters and some bombers. It would be good to wait for the P-38 and the launch of the Bodenplatte map

The other suggestion is not mine, it's Rani's idea

It's the same suggestion, without the Spitfire IX.  The Spitfire V is enough fighting at low altitude and can help the P-38/47 in dogfight. This map in Italy without Spit IX would be very good. I know that Spitfire VIII / IX fought in Italy, but this IXe version only came very late
A map with the name "Italy" would automatically be popular mainly with the induction of the P-38

B 25 flyible  (maybe) will add more impact in this  scenario

Posted (edited)

KOTA - Big bombs - many Heinkels - 1 sortie and 2 destroyed targets

Edited by 1/SG2_Hummels
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Great event and beautiful video.

Good job guys.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/26/2019 at 1:00 AM, LUZITANO said:

Looks interesting

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, 1/SG2_Hummels said:

Outstanding!

Pls more!!

Edited by SCG_ErwinP
  • Thanks 1

On 5/29/2019 at 7:17 PM, 1/SG2_Hummels said:

Beautiful video!!! It is not listed on your channel... I can see only by your link

Last video I made on KOTA was against "Fear the 110". Every stop on KOTA a new video is born

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2