Jason_Williams

Game version 3.005 discussion: Flying Circus, Tank Crew, Fw 190 A-8

14 hours ago, Amarok said:

Update from 3.004 to 3.005c 7.5 GB?!

Lots of new content, haven't you heard? 

How long should I expect to wait for another plane, a campaign, or a mission? I only have BoBP so I don't get most of IL-2's supposed "best features".

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 7:12 AM, Specter0420 said:

I just started getting into the IL2 series but didn't have enough money to spend on multiple modules. I really like the plane list for BOBP MUCH more than any of the others and purchased it for $70. I knew it was pre-release with only a few planes but I didn't realize what an empty game it is, nothing but quickstart and being a gunner in MP maps... Now I come here and it sounds like development is very slow from the way you guys are talking... I fly strictly VR and the multiplayer chat seems broken, I can hear dings but don't see text anywhere (show multiplayer chat or w/e it is called is checked in options) and I don't get any external views in VR. The damage model is superb and so is the VR performance, there is just no content at all and the VR experience seems broken. I know many people hold the IL2 flight model in high regard but I find it is subpar compared to DCS, it reminds me more of War Thunder with all the BF-109 full aft stick flying I do. Hopefully that is because these 3 planes are pre-release. Hopefully someone here can put me at ease.

4 hours ago, Specter0420 said:

How long should I expect to wait for another plane, a campaign, or a mission? I only have BoBP so I don't get most of IL-2's supposed "best features".

mate... it's not an "empty game" it's your fault for purchasing a product in it's earliest state without doing due diligence. If you wanted a full game experience you should've purchased a finished product that has a finished map and thus has the campaign mode available. Blaming the game for you errors wont get you anywhere. If you don't want to pick up any other installments of the game you're just gonna have to wait for SP or play online.

P.S. the reason you're not getting externals views online isn't cause of VR it's cause external views are disabled online on most servers because they're giving an unfair advantage if used to spot planes around you.

• Upvote 4

Is there going to be infantry in tank crew? The German tanks main job was old fashioned infantry support at Kursk, trying to knock out MGs and guns before they decimate the infantry. It does not need to be very detailed, just be able to advance, to die and to shoot Russkies when they get close enough. 

And the Soviet infantry can hide in trenches and foxholes, and chuck AT grenades onto German tanks and run out and dump mines right in front of German tanks, to cripple them. 

Edited by hames123

7 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

mate... it's not an "empty game" it's your fault for purchasing a product in it's earliest state without doing due diligence. If you wanted a full game experience you should've purchased a finished product that has a finished map and thus has the campaign mode available. Blaming the game for you errors wont get you anywhere. If you don't want to pick up any other installments of the game you're just gonna have to wait for SP or play online.

P.S. the reason you're not getting externals views online isn't cause of VR it's cause external views are disabled online on most servers because they're giving an unfair advantage if used to spot planes around you.

Why can't one of you just answer that question? "How long should I expect to wait for another plane, a campaign, or a mission?" The answer would take less effort than your useless rant. I'm trying to get into IL-2 here, and bought the pack with planes I will enjoy. The three I get right now are among my top five and the rest should be covered at some unknown point in the future. That is the only reason I am here so, yes, that is my fault. Enjoy your dead game in 2 years if you keep pushing noobs away. 

coconut was very helpful though. Don't get me wrong, I am pleased with this game, so much so that I want more and his response gives me hope for this community.

If you just bought the DCS Hornet on pre-release, I could tell you that it would come with a powerful mission editor, dozens of active servers to choose from and actually fly in, several quickstart missions, training missions, and more. I could tell you that you should expect new features, weapons, systems, functionality, and general updates just about every week or two. Maybe IL-2 isn't like that? I don't think I just bought a "pre-release" that is just a dead demo that won't evolve until the full version releases, so answer the question; How long should I expect wait for feature updates?

PS: The views were already explained to me by coconut, I set the hardest difficulty wanting to test the flight model and didn't think about what that would do to the views. I was in single player because almost nobody lets me fly in any of the 6 active servers (I found a good Russian dogfight and duel server though that has people sometimes).

• Like 2

@Specter0420 Historically we will get a plane released every one to two months in EA for a BOX title. And don't worry about some of the old timers comments on here. They will defend the game at all costs. I think the devs do need to lay out a clearer road map for the EA schedule especially in the store because if you are a new player and you have not been constantly reading the information on the fourm it is actually quite unclear how EA will work. The store just has one line saying "you can fly the planes as they are ready" which IMO is a bit vague especially if you are new and have not been on the fourm.  The store should at least advise customers to go read the relevant pages on the fourm before making a purchase and have a link to the DD. 

Edited by AeroAce
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Specter0420 said:

powerful mission editor

If you are interested in mission building, the BOX mission editor should work with your BoBP stuff. It is very powerful.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Specter0420 said:

Why can't one of you just answer that question? "How long should I expect to wait for another plane, a campaign, or a mission?" The answer would take less effort than your useless rant. I'm trying to get into IL-2 here, and bought the pack with planes I will enjoy. The three I get right now are among my top five and the rest should be covered at some unknown point in the future. That is the only reason I am here so, yes, that is my fault. Enjoy your dead game in 2 years if you keep pushing noobs away. 

PS: The views were already explained to me by coconut, I set the hardest difficulty wanting to test the flight model and didn't think about what that would do to the views. I was in single player because almost nobody lets me fly in any of the 6 active servers (I found a good Russian dogfight and duel server though that has people sometimes).

We can't answer that. When the developers have such things completed, we receive them.

"nobody lets me fly in any of the 6 active servers". One has to wonder why.

Spector0420, don't go away mad,  just go away.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, AeroAce said:

@Specter0420 Historically we will get a plane released every one to two months in EA for a BOX title. And don't worry about some of the old timers comments on here. They will defend the game at all costs. I think the devs do need to lay out a clearer road map for the EA schedule especially in the store because if you are a new player and you have not been constantly reading the information on the fourm it is actually quite unclear how EA will work. The store just has one line saying "you can fly the planes as they are ready" which IMO is a bit vague especially if you are new and have not been on the fourm.  The store should at least advise customers to go read the relevant pages on the fourm before making a purchase and have a link to the DD. 

hahaha "defend the game at all cost" what a bullshit, it's not the games fault that he doesn't do the least amount of research before buying a product he knows nothing about. it's not like there isn't an announcement section on the forum and a news section on the website.

[edited]

There's nobody stopping you from flying in any of the servers unless you are teamkilling. The reason you can't fly is because you own none of the planes in any of the servers besides Berloga dogfight and duel.

It is kind of your fault for purchasing a title clearly labeled as EARLY ACCESS. The other packs are on sale regularly and can be bought for relatively cheap. I'd suggest starting with Battle of Stalingrad since it has planes that can be flown in every server and on every mission that the servers run. We don't know how often and how long it will take for stuff to release, most games that are in early access don't have specific dates on when content is released, it's being worked on with updates usually every week on how the development is going. We already have 3 of the 10 planes released. The entire thing should be finished some time by next year. Being rude and demanding people tell you an answer to a question that nobody has the answer for is a bit silly. The latest release will be done when it's done and planes will come out when they are finished. That's about all we have. In the future I'd be more cautious in purchasing anything in early access, it's hard to believe if you do any gaming at all that the term is foreign to you.

Also please do not give up on the game due to purchasing something that isn't finished yet, I'd rather welcome new people than run them off, further more telling people the games going to die in 2 years because we can't tell you when planes are going to be finished is being silly as well. Trust me the base game Battle of Stalingrad and all the other packs are worth every penny at their full price, I've got over 150 hours in the game so far and I basically just started playing it.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Sorry Edited more than I wanted. You may repalce what I deleted that wasntthat quote.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

8 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Asgar said:

it's not like there isn't an announcement section on the forum and a news section on the website.

...neither of each contain answers to his last question, so why don't you at east try to read and answer it instead of giving an off-topic blather?

@Specter0420As noted previously, one can expect a new plane every 2 months or so, though holidays season certainly delayed that a bit. No release dates are ever given though untill the planes are really close to them. Judging from the latest WIP screens with Thunderbolt, we might be only a few weeks away from that one. The whole BoBP project is hoped to be completed by Spring 2019, but that's as "precise" estimate as you'll ever gonna get.

P.S. -  please don't use DCS Hornet as a counter argument, as it's the only plane, next to the Yak, that gets substantial, frequent updates from ED. An "anomaly" and exception in contrast to all the rest progressing at glacial pace :). I still fly DCS mostly, but I have to admit BoX series development pace is lightning fast and steady in comparison.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Art-J said:

...neither of each contain answers to his last question, so why don't you at east try to read and answer it instead of giving an off-topic blather?

off-topic? i pointed out his mistake, because yes, both of them contain relevant and a LOT of information. he could've seen that the map is still in the works and not even a release for it is planned yet, as well as noticing that out of the 10 planes only three had been released. (both of which are a good inidication that the game is far from finished) it also has every single development diary for all of the BoX games which can give a perfect picture of how long a development cycle for a BoX product usually takes. And maybe even the most important thing, i pointed out his mistakes because he tried to blame it on the game or the devs and that is just purely wrong. stop babying people and handing out participation medals, he did a stupid thing, it's his fault for not informing himself and blaming the game is not helpful for him or the game. So i see no reason to hold his hand and start getting apologetic about the games current development progress.

В 13.08.2018 в 02:20, Jade_Monkey сказал:

Кто-нибудь еще возникла проблема с дросселем Fw190 A8 и ATA?

ATA калибра в кабине не будет переходить 1,2 в горизонтальном полете, когда у меня есть 100% дроссель и даже при активации подталкивание.

Technochat говорит, что я нахожусь в боевом аварийном режиме / но вы можете сказать, что самолет очень медленно и не очень используется более 1,2 АТА.

Yes, The airplane really flies very slowly at 1 stage, as if there is no bonus from increasing ATA. There is no growth of TAS speed up to 2 steps. This manifests itself only in 1 stage and afterburner. I would like to hear the developers answer, it's a mistake or not.

Thanks coconutArt-J, AeroAce, Cpt_Cool, and others for being helpful to this noob. Wow this sim is fun! Although, having the most OP planes in the dogfight server sure helps, I went 30 and 3 on my third day 😁. I can see why the fanboyism is so strong here amongst some. 

6./ZG26_Asgar and 15th_JonRedcorn, I never attacked or blamed OUR precious sim for anything and I indicated in my very first post that I knew I was getting into pre-release territory. The one server I can join just wasn't active (and I didn't even know it was "the one" yet) when I tried the first few days. I was getting tired of quickstart, and didn't know about the mission editor in the game files, KUDOS on that one Cpt_Cool. Three plane quickstart with terrible "Ace" AI and ONE *sometimes* active server IS an empty game, deal with it, I am happily for now. Apart from my previously answered sim questions, I just wanted to know when I could expect more.

6./ZG26_Asgar15th_JonRedcorn, and Thad, instead of telling me to go away and how rude, stupid, and lazy I am, you should have just kept your mouths shut or answered the question. A simple "I don't really know" would suffice if you really feel the need to respond when you don't know the answer. A toxic community like you three will push noobs away and ruin developer's lives while killing the sim. Some founders and members of this community are very helpful and kind, without them I was going to hang this one up and request a refund because of you. I like this game, don't kill it with your inadequate reading comprehension skills and emotional text vomit.

If anyone wants to bring up how I was rude when defending myself here or from Assgar's response earlier, save your time. If anyone needs further clarification on why "How long should I expect to wait for another plane, a campaign, or a mission?" is NOT an attack on this game and does NOT require any fault assignment, find the nearest warm body older than 5 and have them explain it to you.

PS: The flight model is growing on me a little, I think full aft stick flight is a thing in DCS's Bf-109 at higher speeds too. IDK though, I haven't touched DCS WWII at all lately for some reason 😉.

Edited by Specter0420
Additional thoughts.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

After month since release 3.005 servers with tanks not work. 3.005c not fix crushes on tank servers.

Hi all,

Keep it on topic. Next member whom get personal with others will take a break from this forum, doesn't matter if it's a tester, a founder or a new member.

Respect all members.

Haash

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Upvote 1

[Edited]

First: Rule 6.

Second: Told you yesterday to stop spamming the forum with that same complain. You have a topic for that over at the bug section.

Last warning 

Haash

My two cents, regarding this version, features vs. the multiplayer situation, server crashes. I only use this sim in multiplayer, except for trying out something, and a do an offline mission for 10 minutes or so.

From a user's perspective, I don't get overly frustrated when a server crashes mid mission. But it turns out that some of the people running the servers feel responsible, even though they provide something for free, for their 'service level', let's say. So they might decide to turn a game server off.  Others might not have the facilities in place for autostarting after a crash.

So, as much as I love features, I love using the sim even more. I'm sure the devs are aware of the relevant thread, but just in case:

"DServer unstable/crashing frequently in 3.005"

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2018 at 3:39 AM, Specter0420 said:

Don't hold your breath.  Seem's this company is intent on [edited] the WW11 stuff for WW1 crap.  Where's the MUSTANG?  

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Lenguage

2 hours ago, Muzman55 said:

Don't hold your breath.  Seem's this company is intent on [edited] the WW11 stuff for WW1 crap.  Where's the MUSTANG?  

The Mustang is on it’s way, stop being so childish.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Muzman55 said:

Don't hold your breath.  Seem's this company is intent on [edited] the WW11 stuff for WW1 crap.  Where's the MUSTANG?  

Boy I can’t wait for World war 11 where it’ll be earth vs. the martians in the year 2545.

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, angus26 said:

Boy I can’t wait for World war 11 where it’ll be earth vs. the martians in the year 2545.

Now that history tends to repeat itself, world war 11 would be like world war (11 % 3) = world war 2.

:drink2:

Mike

14 hours ago, Muzman55 said:

Where's the MUSTANG?  

On a freighter in the North Atlantic. 

• Haha 3

Why 76mm HE rounds with 26mm pen destroy Tigers?

This is weapon for light not armored targets, why in game it effective against heavy tank?

2 hours ago, Mr_Pickles said:

This is weapon for light not armored targets, why in game it effective against heavy tank?

Spalling maybe, it could kill the crew even without penetrating the armor.

The answer is simple -> The BR-354 ( 76,2mm APHE round ) hit the Tiger it pierce 5 cm armor at a distance of 1 km for sure one hit and it turns your tank into flames absolutely deadly. And of course if the shell hits your Tiger front within or around a distance of 1 km in this section absolutely deadly ( see screenshot ) - As far I know the Soviet were trained to aim this section........

Tiger-front.jpg

Edited by Livai

7 minutes ago, Livai said:

The answer is simple -> The BR-354 ( 76,2mm APHE round ) hit the Tiger it pierce 5 cm armor at a distance of 1 km for sure one hit and it turns your tank into flames absolutely deadly. And of course if the shell hits your Tiger front within or around a distance of 1 km in this section absolutely deadly ( see screenshot ) - As far I know the Soviet were trained to aim this section........

Tiger-front.jpg

He said HE not APHE. HE will not pierce a tiger from any range.

1 minute ago, Legioneod said:

He said HE not APHE. HE will not pierce a tiger from any range

I see, thanks for the notice.

-> Truly bias if HE-rounds pierce armors! :dry:

Because research of their penetration data most likely isn´t finalized. As for pen data best researched for ww2 tanks look here "WW2 Ballistics: Armor and Gunnery, Lorrin Bird & Robert Livingston, Overmatch Press  2001 :

https://de.scribd.com/doc/219173969/WWII-Ballistics-Armor-and-Gunnery

3 hours ago, Mr_Pickles said:

Just to put this into dimension:

13x 76mm HE rounds kill the Tiger (at 1500m distance, which was used for testing elsewhere).

It's not like a single round would be able to do that (which unfortunately some guys in russian forums seem to want us make believe).

Myth busted here:

I do believe that this is just because the damage model of the Tiger isn't finished yet.

What makes me think so is that when you look at your hits on the Tiger from outside, at slow motion, offline, you will notice that even though you shoot at it straight up front, the actual shell explosion and the resulting damage happens somewhere in the engine compartment.

And that doesn't depend on the ammo type used.

They all go through the Tiger's front as if it wasn't there, and hit the back of it.

Mike

5 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

Just to put this into dimension:

13x 76mm HE rounds kill the Tiger (at 1500m distance, which was used for testing elsewhere).

Just for information 1-3 HE rounds kill Tiger now in game. From 1500m.

• Confused 1

Track or it didn't happen.

I've sent you mine, everyone can see.

The setup was 1500m head-on.

I'd love to see how you've killed a Tiger with one shot under that circumstance.

Mike

8 minutes ago, Mr_Pickles said:

Just for information 1-3 HE rounds kill Tiger now in game. From 1500m.

Range is irrelevant for an HE shell used against a tank except to the extent that it affects if and where you hit.  HE damages tanks through internal spalling and shock, not through penetration, so the effects depend on the explosive power of the shell, not it's velocity.

No matter what, my test tracks clearly show that it takes 7 shots to get the Tiger smoking and 13 to kill it.

No 3, and not 1 at all.

Mike

Edited by SAS_Storebror

I try with AI tigers, it nod explode but killed by 2 HE rounds.

Here damage log(atype 2 and kills atype 3) log:

Reduced by ticks and you can see - 11 rounds HE kill 4 Tigers. Not bad for HE? lol

Spoiler

T:1699 AType:2 DMG:0.062 AID:164863 TID:121855 POS(22883.166,149.831,31255.746)
T:1699 AType:2 DMG:0.261 AID:164863 TID:122879 POS(22884.045,150.751,31253.758)
T:1699 AType:2 DMG:0.229 AID:164863 TID:140287 POS(22884.744,150.838,31254.707)

T:3782 AType:2 DMG:0.077 AID:164863 TID:87039 POS(22865.342,149.831,31240.486)
T:3782 AType:2 DMG:0.396 AID:164863 TID:105471 POS(22866.924,150.836,31239.449)

T:4622 AType:2 DMG:0.114 AID:164863 TID:52223 POS(22846.943,149.831,31223.529)
T:4622 AType:2 DMG:0.401 AID:164863 TID:58367 POS(22846.879,151.466,31222.877)
T:4622 AType:2 DMG:0.271 AID:164863 TID:65535 POS(22846.389,151.848,31223.387)

T:8690 AType:2 DMG:0.050 AID:164863 TID:121855 POS(22883.166,149.831,31255.746)
T:8690 AType:2 DMG:0.499 AID:164863 TID:122879 POS(22884.045,150.751,31253.758)
T:8690 AType:2 DMG:0.091 AID:164863 TID:140287 POS(22884.744,150.838,31254.707)

T:10460 AType:2 DMG:0.045 AID:164863 TID:87039 POS(22865.342,149.831,31240.486)
T:10460 AType:2 DMG:1.000 AID:164863 TID:88063 POS(22866.227,150.750,31238.498)
T:10460 AType:3 AID:164863 TID:88063 POS(22866.227,150.750,31238.498)

T:10498 AType:2 DMG:0.867 AID:164863 TID:87039 POS(22865.342,149.831,31240.486)
T:10498 AType:3 AID:164863 TID:87039 POS(22865.342,149.831,31240.486)

T:12038 AType:2 DMG:0.045 AID:164863 TID:52223 POS(22846.943,149.831,31223.529)
T:12038 AType:2 DMG:1.000 AID:164863 TID:53247 POS(22847.824,150.749,31221.541)
T:12038 AType:3 AID:164863 TID:53247 POS(22847.824,150.749,31221.541)

T:12038 AType:2 DMG:0.146 AID:164863 TID:70655 POS(22848.521,150.837,31222.490)
T:12098 AType:2 DMG:0.829 AID:164863 TID:52223 POS(22846.943,149.831,31223.529)
T:12098 AType:3 AID:164863 TID:52223 POS(22846.943,149.831,31223.529)

T:13701 AType:2 DMG:0.044 AID:164863 TID:17407 POS(22828.105,149.831,31207.688)
T:13701 AType:2 DMG:0.968 AID:164863 TID:18431 POS(22828.984,150.754,31205.699)
T:13701 AType:2 DMG:0.128 AID:164863 TID:35839 POS(22829.682,150.842,31206.650)

T:13762 AType:2 DMG:0.908 AID:164863 TID:17407 POS(22828.105,149.831,31207.688)
T:13762 AType:3 AID:164863 TID:17407 POS(22828.105,149.831,31207.688)

T:15854 AType:2 DMG:0.020 AID:164863 TID:121855 POS(22883.166,149.831,31255.746)
T:15854 AType:2 DMG:0.240 AID:164863 TID:122879 POS(22884.045,150.751,31253.758)
T:15854 AType:3 AID:164863 TID:122879 POS(22884.045,150.751,31253.758)
T:15854 AType:2 DMG:0.680 AID:164863 TID:140287 POS(22884.744,150.838,31254.707)
T:15854 AType:3 AID:164863 TID:140287 POS(22884.744,150.838,31254.707)
T:15874 AType:2 DMG:0.856 AID:164863 TID:121855 POS(22883.166,149.832,31255.748)
T:15874 AType:3 AID:164863 TID:121855 POS(22883.166,149.832,31255.748)

T:17055 AType:2 DMG:0.032 AID:164863 TID:18431 POS(22828.984,150.754,31205.699)
T:17055 AType:3 AID:164863 TID:18431 POS(22828.984,150.754,31205.699)
T:17055 AType:2 DMG:0.872 AID:164863 TID:35839 POS(22829.682,150.842,31206.650)
T:17055 AType:3 AID:164863 TID:35839 POS(22829.682,150.842,31206.650)

Edited by Mr_Pickles

Why not just show us something where we can see what you've seen instead of posting a log excerpt?

I tell it again: I've posted my tracks, they contain the (dead simple) mission setup for this situation.

Download it, run the mission and post back a track where you've killed a tiger with 3 shots.

:drinks:

Mike

1 hour ago, Mr_Pickles said:

T:12038 AType:2 DMG:1.000 AID:164863 TID:53247 POS(22847.824,150.749,31221.541)

This is not strange for HE rounds for you?

It is strange for HE rounds to kill a Tiger at all.

However it is also strange to permanently try to convince people that one round would do, without the will to give any proof.

What you've quote is a line of text.

I'm not saying that you did manipulate the log, but I cannot say I'm sure that you didn't either.

Such line of text proves nothing at all.

A track does.

While it's not impossible to manipulate a track, the difficulty in doing so would be several dimensions higher.

Therefore, at the risk of repeating myself: Provide a track where you kill a Tiger with one shot (or maybe 3 for the same matter) and we can proceed.

Until then: 7 HE rounds to get it smoking, 13 to kill it. Period.

:drinks:

Mike