Jason_Williams

Game version 3.005 discussion: Flying Circus, Tank Crew, Fw 190 A-8

1 hour ago, Falcon41 said:

Is there a reason for the darkened windscreen on the FW190 A-8?  I noticed in the announcement of the new version of the game the FW190 A-8’s windscreen was clear, so is this an error or intentional?  

I hadn't noticed it being especially dark or being darker than usual. I'm not sure if the standard A-8 has thicker glass than the A-5. There's definitely thicker canopy pieces when you put the armored glass modification on.

On 7/29/2018 at 1:17 AM, JonRedcorn said:

Jason I don't know if I am hallucinating but I was just playing in VR after that hotfix the other day, the VR limits are way better?! Did you guys tweak them at all? I could lean all the way into the weapon sight on the yak1b-127 just now it was incredible!!! I haven't tested anything else but I had to come on and ask ya. If you guys did thank you so much.

EDIT: seems the yak1b just lets me get much further in, maybe some did get looked at and not others I dunno.

Your first idea was right. I doubt you were hallucinating, just hoping and dreaming. I was hoping it too, my finger was already hovering over "buy now" for 140 bucks for TC & FC. I just checked the VR pantomime-boxes (I like this description, very accurate for what it does) for an hour to take a look. Sadly, very sadly, it has not been changed and hence isn't fixed yet.

The Yak's head-movebox still ends 15cm in front of the gunsight. The 109's 10cm in front of the gunsight. And if you look upwards e.g. in 109, your entire head gets pushed downwards and the entire world moves with it -> immersion lost bam. Just two examples out of many.

What does work well is the 109's box 90° to the side to the glass (it did before). The two sides are how it should be. Yes there is some minor clipping at the very small corner at the edge of your HMD sometimes, but that's a very minor trade-off for not being stuck in tiny French-pantomime invisible-box-land.

A good example of what is a very good pantomime box is the Spitfire Mk9's, if I remember correctly. You can move your head much closer to the gunsight as well, and very close to the glass to the sides. Take a look at that.

So they actually can do it. They just need to put a slot of time on it. And that's the whole point.

Isn't the pantomime-box something a 3D modeller would do? Just assuming.

Hello Devs.

I´m really disappointed about the performance and model damage after these update.

I will like that you fly a bit I check it, please don´t miss understand me I just wan´t that you see what are we saw on current version.

Thank you for your hard work an support. 

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

So they actually can do it. They just need to put a slot of time on it. And that's the whole point.

Isn't the pantomime-box something a 3D modeller would do? Just assuming.

The worst is the gun-sight on the tanks; as you literally cannot use a tank gun without it.  Currently you cannot get anywhere near close enough in VR.

1 hour ago, SCG_Fenris_Wolf said:

Nope. Jason has already stated that they spent quite a lot of time on this, and couldn't get it to be any better. What with how the camera works, and how it interacts with the VR tech, if i remember even crudely.

So no, they can't do it.

4 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

I think it's been like this for a while now. Don't know for how long, but it's not because of latest patches.

The machine guns have been doing that for a while, but the 61k appears to be doing it too now. Maybe it's always been like that and I never noticed, or the conditions were not right.

1 hour ago, ECV56_Necathor said:

Hello Devs.

I´m really disappointed about the performance and model damage after these update.

I will like that you fly a bit I check it, please don´t miss understand me I just wan´t that you see what are we saw on current version.

Thank you for your hard work an support. 

but they didnt change anything regarding bullets strenghts or damage of airplanes in last patch or patches, you can see it with that mods extractor and compare with previous extracted data that all important stuff is same, and i sure dont see any differance in when i get shoot at by 109 or when i shoot at 109, its all same as before. So i dont know what they should say when they didnt change a thing :)

9 minutes ago, 77.CountZero said:

but they didnt change anything regarding bullets strenghts or damage of airplanes in last patch or patches, you can see it with that mods extractor and compare with previous extracted data that all important stuff is same, and i sure dont see any differance in when i get shoot at by 109 or when i shoot at 109, its all same as before. So i dont know what they should say when they didnt change a thing :)

Well, maybe they didn't change anything on purpose but something change, as you know Count, we are old folks on this and we got the feeling.

Yes and thats why when i saw Chimangos previous post about it i took it seriously and go and check for my self, and i dont see difference in data nor in gameplay. So if its some bug i dont see it and best is to check that bullet damage topic where some one tested how many bullets takes to damage airplane and redo that same test in same conditions with new patch, im sure it would be same resoult, but if something got mesed up it will not be same resoult then, and atleast you will how some data that some thing is differant.

Edited by 77.CountZero

1 hour ago, 77.CountZero said:

Yes and thats why when i saw Chimangos previous post about it i took it seriously and go and check for my self, and i dont see difference in data nor in gameplay. So if its some bug i dont see it and best is to check that bullet damage topic where some one tested how many bullets takes to damage airplane and redo that same test in same conditions with new patch, im sure it would be same resoult, but if something got mesed u it will not be then.

Its quite difficult to run 2 different versions of the game because of that I remark the point and Devs could check, they are the correct people to check it.

To be honest something change, damage model or bullet power. 

Hi Necathor,

Nothing was changed. If there are such an important changes (DM and Ammo power) it will be announced.

If you think there is a bug, make a report in the right section. That's the best way for development team to see it.

Haash

3 hours ago, Quinte said:

Nope. Jason has already stated that they spent quite a lot of time on this, and couldn't get it to be any better. What with how the camera works, and how it interacts with the VR tech, if i remember even crudely.

So no, they can't do it.

Not tryna be a pain in the ass, but go fly the yak1b-127 and then go fly the yak1-69 and tell me the gunsight distance can't be adjusted, they have basically the same cockpit yet in the former plane I can use the entire gunsight by leaning all the way in and the older plane I can barely get the whole gunsight in view. The newer planes have way better limits. I understand that some parts can't be adjusted but the lean in distance on most planes is way out beyond where it would even begin to start clipping. I understand it's not a big deal, it's VR there's probably 50 people playing Il2 in VR. Not really on the top of the list.

• Upvote 3

In the end, you believe what you want to. In fact the same thing, but to a lesser extent, is true with a track IR (can't get as close to the sight in the yak-1 than in the 1b). Cockpits are not the same.

Anyway, Jason explicitly stated that the limits can't be pushed because clipping then happens. That may not be the impression you get, but it still what happens.

33 minutes ago, Quinte said:

In the end, you believe what you want to. In fact the same thing, but to a lesser extent, is true with a track IR (can't get as close to the sight in the yak-1 than in the 1b). Cockpits are not the same.

Anyway, Jason explicitly stated that the limits can't be pushed because clipping then happens. That may not be the impression you get, but it still what happens.

I have just taken a series of 3 screen shots here, yak1-69, yak1b-127 and the yak7 you can see here quite clearly the yak1b is done incredibly well, while the others there is a large amount of space left where I could move in closer to the weapon sight.

https://imgur.com/15RtPyH

https://imgur.com/yvcpXpC

https://imgur.com/4hOin6z

Those are listed in the order I named.

Yak69

yak1b

yak7

You can see how much better it is in the yak1b. That planes done perfectly. With trackir there is no such issue since you can adjust your zoom levels easily and without resulting in headshakes. I am again not trying to be a pain in the ass. But this is the way it is. If all of the multiplayer servers didn't lock out the option I wouldn't even care. But when I can't play online with a decent view it's quite bothersome. I tried to appeal to the people who run WIngs of Liberty but to no avail.

Edited by JonRedcorn
  • Upvote 2

@Quinte Look at what JonRedcorn posted. It is precisely the issue.

If you don't believe the pictures, you can test it by disabling the limits completely in SP, then lean in in the Yak-1. You can lean in as far as in the 1b without clipping. But if the limits are on, you cannot lean close in at all in the Yak-1. This is not about "having an impression" of anything. You can test it and repeat it, follow what I said, do it for yourself. Matter of fact, anyone can. This doesn't start clipping. The movement-space box is simply tiny tiny.

And yes, it does mean that Jason's statement that you quoted is not a lie or beautywashing anything - but it is also not entirely correct. The quality of implementation varies from plane to plane, and the old ones and others are - let's call it difficult, and they could use improvements. To be brought to the same quality as the better ones.

The Yak1B for example is much better than the Yak7, but older.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf
  • Thanks 1

Look, I'm not trying to stir up an argument here, I don't have anything to defend. I'm just bringing to your attention the fact that Jason has said that they tried for quite a while to fix that issue, but in the end found that there was nothing more that they could do. I'm not inventing anything here, you can find it by yourself.

From there on, I assume that they have an IQ at least slightly above 2, and if it was a simple issue of redimensionning a box, it would have been fixed quite a while ago.

It's false though, as it does work properly in some planes. I suppose he was busy and didn't understand what we were on about. Maybe it was us being imprecise in what is the issue. At least you read what we wrote, and it led to some clarification.

I am sure he read the post by JonRedcorn now, which is quite good on showing the actual issue.

Edited by SCG_Fenris_Wolf

35 minutes ago, Quinte said:

Look, I'm not trying to stir up an argument here, I don't have anything to defend. I'm just bringing to your attention the fact that Jason has said that they tried for quite a while to fix that issue, but in the end found that there was nothing more that they could do. I'm not inventing anything here, you can find it by yourself.

From there on, I assume that they have an IQ at least slightly above 2, and if it was a simple issue of redimensionning a box, it would have been fixed quite a while ago.

Game development can't just halt because I am complaining about the VR limits. They would have to pull their guys off of whatever it is they are currently working on and go work on that. It's not really an issue that is high on the list of things to fix I would assume. Just trying to bring to light exactly what the issue is. I believe with those three pictures you can see exactly what it is we are talking about. He had responded to me during the key fiasco and right after a MAJOR release. Busy I would say doesn't begin to describe what was going on.

Edited by JonRedcorn

I just dropped the bomb on TC and FC!!!

Let me start by saying I'm less than impressed!!!

Now I will have to play this game even more and learn about stupid things like how to actually fly correctly with a ruder and what a bloody mill is. The set up alone for the tanks took 7 minutes of my life away that I will never get back or forget when an 88 hit a moving target at 2.5 km.

It is just shameful that you are encouraging me to neglect my family. 

Bad Devs!!! 😎

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

This is completely off topic but I love too have this in my head when stalking 109s

I didn't use my RoF discount code. I want you guys to get every penny to keep making more awesome content. My game budget for the month is shot, but I'll be getting Tank Crew as soon as I can! FC is yet another dream come true in VR. Il-2 Great Battles is the coolest experience I can have in my living room. And a lot of other places too...

23 hours ago, SYN_Haashashin said:

Hi Necathor,

Nothing was changed. If there are such an important changes (DM and Ammo power) it will be announced.

If you think there is a bug, make a report in the right section. That's the best way for development team to see it.

Haash

Thank you Hassh.

Acquired the Flying Circus. Looks familiar, reminds me on Rise of Flight.

Hopefully one of those small graphical improvements can fix vanishing planes against clouds? Got to live in hope :)

• Upvote 1

Does anyone have a good guess on what will be the next Bodenplatte plane? P-47 would be nice, especially if the turbocharger management is modelled. :)

On 7/30/2018 at 1:33 PM, JonRedcorn said:

it's VR there's probably 50 people playing Il2 in VR.

LOL..sorry man, but I think your numbers are WAY off. 

Edited by Torso
  • Upvote 1

It would make a good poling question wouldn’t it....but as a very happy VR user & abuser, I’d say your guess are way way off as well.

On 7/31/2018 at 12:07 AM, AeroAce said:

This is completely off topic but I love too have this in my head when stalking 109s

Try vanilla fudge version

On 7/29/2018 at 12:45 PM, Falcon41 said:

Not certain if this issue was discussed earlier but, I noticed that the windscreen on the FW 190 A-8 is darkened.  Is this deliberate or not error of some kind?

is it like in this bug report? it should not be that dark, try differant game settings, and should be gone on higher ones

Edited by 77.CountZero

1 hour ago, Blitzen said:

It would make a good poling question wouldn’t it....but as a very happy VR user & abuser, I’d say your guess are way way off as well.

I would suggest the numbers reflected in this somewhat dated poll are way lower than reality.

It only takes the VR experience to become a convert   My wife gave me a wifely raised eye brow when she saw the cost of the gadget but even she was sold after viewing the oculus demo and one ride on a VR rollercoaster!🤗

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, LeLv76_Erkki said:

Does anyone have a good guess on what will be the next Bodenplatte plane? P-47 would be nice, especially if the turbocharger management is modelled. :)

I am absolutely waiting till something new drops to buy BP, the 109 and 190 are cool as well as the spit but I won't spend 70 bucks till we have something totally new to fly. The p-47 is gunna be awesome, as are the other new planes, just cannot wait for this update.

Edited by JonRedcorn

Come on.........WHAT IS THIS CRAP?  WW1 fIGHTERS?  HOW ABOUT RELEASING SOME WW11 PLANES?  COME ON MAN!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Muzman55 said:

Come on.........WHAT IS THIS CRAP?  WW1 fIGHTERS?  HOW ABOUT RELEASING SOME WW11 PLANES?  COME ON MAN!

Umm.... They did....🙄

fw190a-8-fighter-in-review.jpg

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Muzman55 said:

World War 11 is on hold, along with the PTO.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, LukeFF said:

World War 11 is on hold, along with the PTO.

What about World war 3 through 10?

Are those also on hold or can we expect them soon?

• Haha 1