Nil

Polikarpov U2 ❤️"Kukuruznik" Fan Club & Help

Link to Junkers 52/Li2/C47 Fan Club

820090049_U2Store.thumb.JPG.a06410c06dee8272dec291dacd51397a.JPG

U-2VS.jpg

Like the Junkers 52 page, I will constantly update this post.

It is a very Useful , Safe, Reliable,Low cost, uncomplicated aircraft with very good flight characteristics and Short Take Off and Landing, 

No wonder that 30000 40000 were built!

Used for many roles inculding

Crop dusting,

Liaison

Transport

Medevac

General Supply

Light short range bomber 

Reconnaissance

Propaganda

Floatplane

Shooting down 109’s and 190’s.

???????????   (who knows what Soviet invented ?)

Like the Junkers 52 this aircraft is very special in my heart. I love it !

Please follow this topic and express yourself !

It will be the best incentive for me to keep updating this Topic!

Thank you for your love and welcome to the U2 Fan Club  😉

Reviews

Related Post from the community

History in the Simulator

Spoiler

2017 August 30 Jason on topic "I beg you - give us a Po-2" This topic was locked because the community was too much excited and optimistic! 😊

If all goes to plan you'll eventually get one. But won't know for a while if this plan will work as we are trying to use one of our contractors to build it. We'll build the FM. Absolutely no idea when this may be ready for release.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/30827-i-beg-you-give-us-a-po-2/?do=findComment&comment=503641

This is an experiment. If it works we can have them make more types of planes. Not all planes users want are easily made or possible. Po-2 and maybe the Storch or Fw-189 offer ability to loiter and call in Arty Strikes like we have in ROF. Anyways, we'll see what happens.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/30827-i-beg-you-give-us-a-po-2/?do=findComment&comment=503897

Let me be clear guys. I want a wide range of planes, both uber types and crap types. But this is a business first and foremost, and I must focus on what we can make that will boost sales or ones that are easy to make and we can keep costs low. Making an IL-4 or any multi-crew bomber eats up massive team resources and is not easy to do. The Po-2 offers a chance to create Arty Spotting like we had in ROF and throw sneaky night raids into the mix (I really want a Soviet woman pilot model too) and the plane is not difficult to research (there is one in a nearby museum) and build for the team building it. It's a great way to get them to learn how to do it and bring some new gameplay options. But if they fail, it's not an uber plane that will crush sales. I have also tasked the same team to build the Li-2 so the Soviets can have a cargo plane too and a stopgap bomber. Fingers crossed all goes to plan. I don't even like talking about it until I have more concrete results.

And don't forget you have the LA-5FN and 109 G-6 coming between projects built by us.

More planes of any type is a good thing in my mind.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/30827-i-beg-you-give-us-a-po-2/?do=findComment&comment=504271

Let me be clear.

Po-2 is an experiemnt.

Li-2 is a wish and only if Po-2 gets made.

La-5FN is planned, but not started.

G-6 is planned, but not started.

We are way behind schedule on some important Kuban stuff including planes so take all that with a grain of salt. I thought Han had already mentioned the FN and G-6 as possible. My mistake. If comments get out of hand I'll lock this thread. Be cautiously optimistic, but don't get carried away please. We're under enough pressure already.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/30827-i-beg-you-give-us-a-po-2/?do=findComment&comment=504539

Cpt_Cool: Hey Jason, Remember during the first TS event you mentioned you had some different collector planes in mind for after the Kuban release? At the time you didn't want to say what they were (only that all the G6 clamor made you re-consider your plans). Now since we are on the subject again, could you share what you had in mind from the beginning? I am very curious (and cautious and optimistic) about this subject, but whatever path you decide to take, I will be there to support it (for what that is worth).

Jason: Nothing has really changed all that much. I've wanted all these planes. The Storch is cool, but no weapons at all. The Fw-189 at least had some weapons. That's my concern about these two. But we're way far away on that choice assuming we can get there.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/30827-i-beg-you-give-us-a-po-2/?do=findComment&comment=504655

Ok I'm closing this down because the dreaming and comments are getting blown out of proportion. I gave you some nuggets of what we'd like to do, let's see if we get there. I still don't have enough engineers to any new planes will take a long time to get airborne. Just keep hope alive while we finish Kuban. Still a mountain of work to do.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/30827-i-beg-you-give-us-a-po-2/?do=findComment&comment=506604

2018 April 6 :  Very first Po2 Screens!

And here's some "insider's bonus" for you:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?do=findComment&comment=600960

2018 June 19-24 Jason on Po2 Topic

[about the Po2] It's coming and looks awesome! You'll see it soon. Not to worry.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/37377-po-2/?do=findComment&comment=631487

Lukeff: is the 3rd-party team creating only the 3d model, or are they also creating the audio samples, cockpit animations, etc.?

Jason: 3D model and animations. We do FM and sound.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/37377-po-2/?do=findComment&comment=633318

2018 June 21 On Newsletter:

First In-game Po-2 Shots

Here are the first WIP screenshots of the Po-2 aircraft being made for the sim. This famous general-purpose biplane served in many roles during WWII, the Korean War and peacetime. It did it all from aerial recon, ad-hoc night bombing to crop dusting. Its 3D model for the sim is being developed by our external development partner Yugra Media. As you can see it's coming along nicely!

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/37377-po-2/?do=findComment&comment=632432

2018 June 28 :  Po2 Screens with texture

The second aircraft is in development and will be ready this Autumn - Po-2VS Collector Plane, the legendary multipurpose (recon, liaison, ambulance, night bomber, psychological warfare) plane of the Eastern front that will have higher fidelity (4K) textures by default. 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?do=findComment&comment=634848

2018 August 7 : Q&A AMA Reddit

Q: What kind of cooperation between Tank players and plane players do you envision for the game? Eg.: will planes spot enemy tanks, or tanks be able to request air support to deal with a particular target?

Jason: When we have the Marshal feature implemented I envision such complex scenarios in multiplayer for sure. For single-player such a feature is harder to make obviously, but it would be cool. We do envision battles with ground objectives being supported by air power. That’s the whole point of letting our tanks play with airplanes. The Po-2 which is deep into development should be good fun in directing the battle from the air acting as an airborne observation posts

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uXBkq7U2MmcEwvNLkB2MkKNLkcAMl0em5Arq4Zn68bA/edit

2018 September 14: DD ; Po2 release before the end of the year

New Bodenplatte aircraft, Bf 109 K-4 and P-47D-28, will be released to Early Access later this Autumn. New Po-2 Collector Plane and two WWI aircraft for Flying Circus Early Access, Pfalz D.IIIa and Sopwith Camel, will follow before the end of the year, provided we don't run into unexpected problems

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?do=findComment&comment=668994

2018 October 26: DD

Battle of Bodenplatte is coming along nicely along with the PO-2 which we will officially rename the U-2 to be more historically correct. This cool little bi-plane is finally nearing the final stage. Matter of fact, we had a real pilot who has experience flying an actual U-2 test our FM. He really liked it and gave us some small pointers that we will incorporate into the FM. 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/168-developer-diary/?do=findComment&comment=684495

2018 December 19 Update 3.009 U2 is out!!

This time, the main feature of this update is the new content: Collector Plane, famous Soviet light bomber U-2VS which is developed in cooperation with "Ugra-Media" company. At the moment it can be used in QMB and multiplayer modes, but we'll add new Career mission types especially for it (Stalingrad and Kuban ToWs) next month.

1. New Collector Plane U-2VS developed in cooperation with "Ugra-Media" company;
4. New Career mission "Troop concentration night bombing strike";
5. New Career mission "Enemy airfield night bombing strike";
6. New Career mission "Railway hub night bombing strike";
7. New Career mission "Supply dump night bombing strike";
8. New Career mission "River crossing night bombing strike";

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12826-game-updates/?do=findComment&comment=709965

2019 January 4 : Update 3.010

U-2VS Collector Plane is now available in Career mode and can be equipped with rockets

2. U-2VS Collector Plane is now available in Stalingrad and Kuban careers (night bombing missions);
3. U-2VS Collector Plane can be equipped with ROS-82, RBS-82 and ROS-132 unguided rockets;

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12826-game-updates/?do=findComment&comment=727945

Turret Operation

Spoiler

Defensive Gun: ShKAS 7.92mm with Magazines.

Turret Generic Setup:

U2_1.jpg

3 Seat Version with skis. As the forward seat takes the place of the fuel tank, the fuel tank is placed on the upper wing, like the Tiger Moth. Very interesting config which shows the incredible versatility of this plane

The U2 is the first Liaison plane in this simulator.

They are unknown part of the war , but their daredevil pilot deserves so much to be known.

Stories from a liaison pilot plane in Italy https://books.google.fr/books?id=c3wYW8MzH-gC&lpg=PP1&hl=fr&pg=PP1#v=onepage&q&f=false

http://www.lbirdthemovie.com/about.php

l_bird_website_sliced_01.jpg

Edited by TG1_Nil
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 14

This is going to be a blast to fly, and Tank Crew will make it even cooler! Imagine that, hanging out over the tree tops picking up targets for your fellow tankers?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann said:

Do you know where I can find some interesting Skins?

The Po-2 was operated by most of Eastern Europe at some point or another, so there are plenty of national liveries you could use for inspiration. I quite Yugoslavia's dark grey scheme

image.thumb.png.76e8a9a452b5789352073907579c123d.png

This scheme featuring Polish/Soviet markings is also really nice

image.png.8b1fd93ba508da4ef3d8bf9f4303f607.png

Quite interested in seeing what the plane has when it's released!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think it’ll be one of my favorite aircraft  in the game. It looks like it’ll be a joy to fly. :fly:

• Like 2

You're going the wrong side my friend! 😛

How are you Nil ?

Still flying with 1./TG1 ?

• Haha 1

I just want that Reg Number

Po2_01.jpg

Well, a Squadron could have the funniest Reg Numbers:

YU-ARS

YU-DCK

YU-PNS

YU-PSY

FCK-YU

The Possibilites are endless. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 22
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, F/JG300_Egon said:

You're going the wrong side my friend! 😛

How are you Nil ?

Still flying with 1./TG1 ?

The wrong side? Sorry but no girls on in Luftwaffe! My mother keep telling me that I need a wife! Flying a Po2 = meeting Nachthexen❤️

Still flying with TG1 sometimes.

@6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann those id are very funny. Loving the endless possibilities!

@angus26 My favorite aircraft with the Junkers 52. I am also happy to fly Soviet because always flying the same airplane and the same side is getting boring! Can not wait for the Li2 and other "non combat" airplanes like the Fi156

@CanadaOneNice flights ahead... I waited this plane to discover Kuban map more in depth. 

We will also have fun with bombs and rockets.

@216th_Lucas_From_Hell You read my mind! with Tank crew, spotting the tanks will be very interesting .

• Upvote 1

Basic training.

Partisans supply missions.

Agents behind enemy lines drops or landings.

Pilots fallen/parachuted behind enemy lines recuperation :salute:

• Like 3

Glorious Kim Il Sung's Po-2! 😄 

8jOy8uZ.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The OP omitted the following uses for the Po-2; shooting down 109’s and 190’s.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, pilotpierre said:

Can't wait to see people bag 262s with it

• Upvote 2

I will buy it to support the devs, but for no other reason than that. I am all for adding new aircraft, but I feel adding a true transport aircraft  for the Reds (Li-2) should have been higher on the list in the wake of the addition of the Ju-52.

Either way, I welcome the new suicide machine. I cant wait to see someone fly through AAA in it. It's going to look beautiful when it's on fire.

On a good note, I hope this addition builds confidence and solidifies the relationship with the third party developers and paves the way for more useful aircraft. Things are looking up, even though the only thing this bird will be doing is going down.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, =BAIT=CG_Justin said:

I will buy it to support the devs, but for no other reason than that. I am all for adding new aircraft, but I feel adding a true transport aircraft  for the Reds (Li-2) should have been higher on the list in the wake of the addition of the Ju-52.

Either way, I welcome the new suicide machine. I cant wait to see someone fly through AAA in it. It's going to look beautiful when it's on fire.

On a good note, I hope this addition builds confidence and solidifies the relationship with the third party developers and paves the way for more useful aircraft. Things are looking up, even though the only thing this bird will be doing is going down.

me too i'm gonna buy it to support the dev , I agree with all you said

Find the weak spot and exploit enemy AAA, such as land behind a hanger and draw all the fire against the hanger while your pals make mince meat out of the  AA sites.

Please include smoke roskets, extra buckets of flares, and a 7.62 Tokerov too!

• Upvote 1

@=BAIT=CG_Justin @=RS=BlackRaven 

The goal is to make the Li2 flyable and this aircraft is a "warmup" for Yugra Media as it is much more easy to model. I can not wait to get my hands on the Li2!

About usefulness, it is a very useful aircraft, but in a different way. It can land and take off anywere so we can imagine special supply mission It will depend on the loadouts. It will be also useful to spot tanks during tank battles thanks to "tank crew" addon thanks to its low speed and small size.

It will be also a great primary trainer.

I find the aircraft in this sim difficult to play for novice people  , this one is a great entry to build confidence in them and gain some basic flying skills. The kids will love it! Myself , I taught how to fly to my nephews thanks to the Stinson L5 and the Po2 on the old IL2 game. It was unforgettable moments for us, they will always remember it!

By the way, Do you know that historically, the bombs dropped by a civilian U2 were the first to fall into German artillery position on 1941?

It is vulnerable to the AA of course, but so is a Junkers 52 (I do not like to say that about my favorite aircraft but it is the very true) However it will much less vulnerable to fighters than a Junkers 52 because of the small size, the slow speed, the maneuverability. On a practical note, it will be almost invisible if flew on the tree top. It was used successfully historically during the Korean war.

It is funny because some Soviet were skeptical before using it, and the history prove they were so wrong. 

Thank you for sharing your opinion and supporting the dev team on this great project!👍 

Edited by TG1_Nil
  • Upvote 2

On 7/8/2018 at 11:03 AM, TG1_Nil said:

female model... with new gameplay features!

I don't think IL-2 is that kind of game!

• Haha 4

It could be an interesting plane for new players with no flight sim experience.

Start by flying the Po2 and learn basic manouvres.

And also create in TAW a "spy mission " for example land in enemy territory close to strategic aerea and stay there a couple of minutes than return to base..

• Like 3

Well this plane will be my favorite, I like to fly around doing nothing occasionally, and this is what I use BOK for. This plane suit for just that

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Using this and some FC a/c over Russian maps and you could have a hack-job of the messy '20s wars between Russian and the ex-Tsarsist states

• Upvote 1

@LuseKofte I just took a Spad and flew over Kuban just for flying, enjoying navigation and try to catch the details of the buildings.

What I like to do is circling around moving trucks. 

Enjoying life is also a matter of enjoying simple things.

Il-2 2018-07-21 11-59-17-95.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I was not aware of we got the Spad 🙄

I really do not take in whats going on

• Upvote 1

The FC planes are great for sight seeing, try a sorte over moscow along the locks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/9/2018 at 12:36 AM, senseispcc said:

Basic training.

Partisans supply missions.

Agents behind enemy lines drops or landings.

Pilots fallen/parachuted behind enemy lines recuperation :salute:

This please!

• Upvote 2

Was always thinking that we would get the PO-2 as something of a preview of what WWI planes would be like in Il-2, astonished to have it be the other way round. 

• Upvote 1

Hi dear fans,

I updated the post with 2 new sections:

Community post links

and History on the simulator.

I also put theses section on Tante Ju/Li2/C47 fan club post.

Also, as for the loadout:

So if we get that, It would be such a fantastic game play.

I am sure the devs are preparing something yummy!

• Upvote 1

I'm so excited about the P0-2VS coming to IL2!  My only regret is I can't pick it up tonight! Ha! And a Night Witch campaign would be really interesting, an immersive aerial stealth role play experience.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@NewGuy_I am so excited as well! 

The release is scheduled for the end of this year. it is too far for me.

However, if they do a lot of variety of gameplay like med evac, cargo loadout, ground attack, artillery spotting and drop off+pick up people,

it would be a fantastic raison to wait so long...

I hope for that.

Finger crossed.

Edited by TG1_Nil
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@6./ZG26_Klaus_Mann Excellent ! so the Po2 was also used for glider towing.

Given the speed of the glider, this was probably an excellent plane for towing gliders.

Most gliders go at 90-110 kph. same speed as the Po2

I am sure many of real life glider pilot will like this video!

• Like 1

I am a member of the drinking class, and a PO2 Club member...………..The Night Witches will Mess up your bedtime.

Edited by Magnum11
Spellin
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 9/21/2018 at 11:05 PM, TG1_Nil said:

@NewGuy_I am so excited as well! 

The release is scheduled for the end of this year. it is too far for me.

However, if they do a lot of variety of gameplay like med evac, cargo loadout, ground attack, artillery spotting and drop off+pick up people,

it would be a fantastic raison to wait so long...

I hope for that.

Finger crossed.

Oh, I bet we will get to do all kinds of cool stuff with the Po-2. The Po-2 will be epic and the perfect ride to appreciate all of the beautifully detailed IL2 maps. Lots of neat stuff can happen below the tree tops, like I really love how convoys are super sneaky in IL2, the way vehicles hide under trees, cut their lights at night, and wait for you to go away before getting underway again. Little things like that are hard to appreciate way up high above the clouds, but we will surely be able to enjoy stuff like that while cruising at 110 kph, below the tree tops. :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/9/2018 at 2:47 AM, pilotpierre said:

Why stick to small game? 

Po-2 will likely become my plane of choice in WW2, and I dread to think what will happen if server operators unleash it on FC birds...

Edited by J2_Trupobaw
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3