SAG

[MOD] Voice Pack in English for Radio Chatter V0.47

This voice-pack replaces the default radio chatter. It is useful for those of us who prefer to listen to our radios rather than having the HUD on while flying single or multiplayer (especially useful for VR users). The mod should also work in Multiplayer.

Version notes V0.47:

*This version of the mod does not require MODS ON MODE.

RUS Pilot #1: @19//SAG

RUS Pilot #2: @StG77_Kondor

RUS Pilot #3: (placeholder) *Position Taken

RUS Pilot #4: (placeholder) 

RUS Pilot #5: (placeholder)

RUS ATC #1: @[TWB]kmac31

RUS ATC #2: (placeholder) *Position Taken

RUS Spotter #1: @OrLoK

RUS Spotter #2: (placeholder)

RUS Gunner #1: @Gramps

RUS Gunner #2: @OrLoK

GER Pilot #1: @JG4_Etherlight

GER Pilot #2: (placeholder) *Position Taken

GER Pilot #3: (placeholder) *Position Taken

GER Pilot #4: (placeholder)

GER ATC #1: (placeholder) *Position Taken

GER Spotter #1: (placeholder) *Position Taken

GER Gunner #1: (placeholder)

GER Gunner #2: (placeholder)

*There is a british voice for the spotter and one of the gunners (even for the german planes), in later versions I hope we have enough voice-actors so as to fix these potentially immersion breaking features. It is a shame since Orlok has an awesome voice for the parts; for now just think of the british guy as a former spy if you're flying german ;)

Some very nice people have enlisted to help : @19//SAG @OrLoK @StG77_Kondor @Gramps @[TWB]kmac31 @LF_ManuV @JG4_Etherlight @=FEW=N3croo @19//Tuesday @ZG15_kaltokri@Thad

(if iv'e forgotten to name someone please let me know!!)

The Mod is JSGME compatible. WARNING: JSGME might stop responding when activating this mod. If this happens, don't close it, just wait for a little while for it to respond and finish.

LINK:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3os87zlh9fs9ago/NoRadioNoiseEnglish_V0.47.rar/file

How To Install:

INST.png.7a2dfaf81aebd4c117f34bef58be92bf.png

@ZG15_kaltokri Just started work on his own version of the mod in german and he's looking for volunteers here:

Note: The mod works with either Mods On or Off. Remember top Backup your files if you're not using JSGME.

I would need some people to help work as voice-actors in order to finish this mod. There are no particular skills required, just some patience. Please comment below if you're interested in contributing. The work is sadly not remunerated, so please thank all the collaborators.

The following Voice-Acting positions are available:

RPilot#1: @19//SAG 

RPilot#2: @StG77_Kondor

RPilot#3:

RPilot#4:

RPilot#5:

GPilot#1:  

GPilot#2:  @JG4_Etherlight

GPilot#3: @ZG15_kaltokri

GPilot#4: @Thad

RATC#1: @[TWB]kmac31

RATC#2: @evarno

GATC#1:

RSpotter#1: @OrLoK  (he's the russian spotter, He has a british accent)

RSpotter#2: 

GSpotter#1: @LF_ManuV (He will be the german spotter in upcoming versions, He has a spanish accent)

RGunner#1: @Gramps

RGunner#2: @OrLoK

GGunner#1:

GGunner#2:

Here is a list of the amount of work each position requires:

*Most lines of dialogue consist of a single word like "one" or "Hawk".

Pilots: 230 lines of Dialogue (for reference, I did this one in a sunday. probably like 4 hours)

ATCs: 54 Lines of Dialogue

Spotters: 103 Lines of Dialogue

Gunners: 38 Lines of Dialogue

I'm not working on this mod any further for lack of time (it will become redundant anyway with the release of English voices)

Edited by SAG
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 13
  • Upvote 9

I forget who it was. Someone had done a cinematic video with voice participation from his wife and they made cool comms in English with a Russian accent.

Okay Sag, should be on this afternoon, send me the link for Audacity in PM

Hoss

Thats great, because i dont have displayed radio chatter even with HUD turned on.

18 hours ago, BorysVorobyov said:

I forget who it was. Someone had done a cinematic video with voice participation from his wife and they made cool comms in English with a Russian accent.

if only they were willing to contribute to the mod, it would be awesome to have a female russian voice actress ;)

8 hours ago, Voidhunger said:

Thats great, because i dont have displayed radio chatter even with HUD turned on.

Well maybe try Version 0.1 of the mod, its rough but i'm working on it :salute:

Great stuff. Going to try this tonight.

14 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Does this *need* to have mods turned on?

it doesnt need it for the new speech files, but the radio static sounds wont be deactivated in mods off mode.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Does this *need* to have mods turned on?

actually I just tested and it sounds better with mods OFF mode XD

Been wishing for something like this.

As much as I love the authenticity of the pilots speaking in their native tongue, it is a big immersion killer having to read subs to know what's going on, and end up missing half of them anyway because I'm preoccupied in a dogfight.

Thanks very much for this SAG! :salute:. Can't wait for further updates.

12 hours ago, -W-Mewt said:

Great stuff. Going to try this tonight.

9 hours ago, [TWB]kmac31 said:

Works good thanks, its a huge help for flying campaign in vr 

15 minutes ago, Stlg13/Sgt_Schultz said:

Been wishing for something like this.

As much as I love the authenticity of the pilots speaking in their native tongue, it is a big immersion killer having to read subs to know what's going on, and end up missing half of them anyway because I'm preoccupied in a dogfight.

Thanks very much for this SAG! :salute:. Can't wait for further updates.

Hey guys, do you mid giving some feedback? its hard to test in game so sometimes its hard to tell which tracks are low/higher volume than they should be. i know that Callsign numbers are rather low at the moment, so thats on the check list.

Also, ive finished recording tracks for the air traffic controllers (airports but im not sure about uploading that version since having everyone with the same voice can get confusing)

1 minute ago, 19//SAG said:

Hey guys, do you mid giving some feedback? its hard to test in game so sometimes its hard to tell which tracks are low/higher volume than they should be. i know that Callsign numbers are rather low at the moment, so thats on the check list.

Sure, no problem 19//SAGDownloading now, I'll install it and get in game to try/test it out ASAP :salute:. Appreciate all your work!.

• Upvote 1

This is awesome 19//SAG, even currently with just one person (you) doing the voice acting.

The only thing that i can think of that would be nice is if you could add maybe a tiny bit of static or something to your wingmen comms (currently playing with mods on), to distinguish them a bit more from your own pilots voice. Other than that the sound levels so far seem pretty spot on, and with the sound of the engine and so forth as clear as one could ever expect from ww2 radio.

Can't wait for the German version, hope your accent is on point :lol:. All jokes aside this is a game changer man, thanks again for making this! :salute:, much appreciated.

• Thanks 1

I tried it out last night...wonderful! I have been wanting this for a while now. Seems strange playing as a German or Russian pilot and not understanding your own fellow pilots.

8 hours ago, Stlg13/Sgt_Schultz said:

This is awesome 19//SAG, even currently with just one person (you) doing the voice acting.

The only thing that i can think of that would be nice is if you could add maybe a tiny bit of static or something to your wingmen comms (currently playing with mods on), to distinguish them a bit more from your own pilots voice. Other than that the sound levels so far seem pretty spot on, and with the sound of the engine and so forth as clear as one could ever expect from ww2 radio.

Can't wait for the German version, hope your accent is on point :lol:. All jokes aside this is a game changer man, thanks again for making this! :salute:, much appreciated.

i'll keep the same recordings for the german version, it's already weird enough (for me) to make everyone have my exact same voice, let alone a cringy wierd accent, funny enough i am partly of german ascendance XD

1 hour ago, tkcamp56tkcamp said:

I tried it out last night...wonderful! I have been wanting this for a while now. Seems strange playing as a German or Russian pilot and not understanding your own fellow pilots.

glad it's useful! ill add the voices for the germans today ( the same ones though as no other volunteers have shown up)

15 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:

Count me in as another. 

If you intend to do these in spanish I can also help.

Hmm Cool! thanks! take a look at the OP and tell me which position you'd like to fill.

As for the spanish version, well spanish is my native language so i could also be an actor for that but I think i want to finish the english version first as it would probably help a larger audience.

I'd be willing to give this a shot. Sign me up for one of the gunners and we'll see how it goes.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, OrLoK said:

Sign me up as a UK voice.

25 minutes ago, StG77_Kondor said:

I can take one of the pilots. :) 

21 minutes ago, Gramps said:

I'd be willing to give this a shot. Sign me up for one of the gunners and we'll see how it goes.

Ok, this is awesome!

The positions that are most needed at the moment are in order from most to least:

Spotter#1

ATC#1

Gunner#1 @Gramps

Pilot#2

Gramps has already taken the gunner position

@StG77_Kondor thanks for offering to be a pilot (it takes the most work) but are you ok in trying to be the spotter#1 voice? 

@OrLoK what position would you like to fill?

BTW could one of you start a group PM (i have no idea how with the new forum) so we can talk a bit further? please include @19//Hoss

30 minutes ago, 19//SAG said:

@StG77_Kondor thanks for offering to be a pilot (it takes the most work) but are you ok in trying to be the spotter#1 voice? 

BTW could one of you start a group PM (i have no idea how with the new forum) so we can talk a bit further? please include @19//Hoss

OK With me to be Spotter #1.

PM started :)

Cool mod.

Would it be possible to do a silent, or blank version, for when you fly aircraft that didn't have a radio, like the I-16 for example?

I'm assuming radiochat is "universal"

It's an interesting point though.

5 hours ago, Pict said:

Cool mod.

Would it be possible to do a silent, or blank version, for when you fly aircraft that didn't have a radio, like the I-16 for example?

as Orlok said, the radio is for every plane. I could do a BLANK version but then all planes would be silent and you would have to restart the game and switch versions everytime you changed planes. there might be a way of doing it without switching files, but ill have to do some testing with the LuaScripts.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, 19//SAG said:

I could do a BLANK version but then all planes would be silent...

That would work for me, as there is no switch to turn the radio off...that I can find. And if I want to know what the AI are squawking about, I can turn on the HUD :) 

4 hours ago, 19//SAG said:

...and you would have to restart the game and switch versions everytime you changed planes. there might be a way of doing it without switching files, but ill have to do some testing with the LuaScripts.

Appreciate your detailed reply, but don't waste any time on this, not on my account at any rate.

Thanks

Guys the mod is advancing a lot faster than anticipated thanks to the support of our voice-actors! i think that by the weekend version 0.5 will be out and it will include 5 different people, including two different pilot voices!

I've just PM'd another set of vocals for the Spotter, plus some ideas for possible *different* version.

Keep your ears peeled :)

On 29/03/2018 at 7:33 AM, Pict said:

That would work for me, as there is no switch to turn the radio off...that I can find. And if I want to know what the AI are squawking about, I can turn on the HUD :) 

Appreciate your detailed reply, but don't waste any time on this, not on my account at any rate.

Thanks

apparently if you just rename the particular audio folder the game will simply ignore the radio calls, but one still hears the static.

1 hour ago, OrLoK said:

I've just PM'd another set of vocals for the Spotter, plus some ideas for possible *different* version.

Keep your ears peeled :)

apparently if you just rename the particular audio folder the game will simply ignore the radio calls, but one still hears the static.

well if you have modes on, download this mod and rename the radio folder you should hear no static or radio

• Upvote 1

Version 0.4 has been released!!

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, Stlg13/Sgt_Schultz said:

Sweet!, can't wait to try this out. Thanks very much 19//SAG :salute:.

No problem Schults, and remember to thank all the actors too!:salute:

Edited by 19//SAG
  • Upvote 1

Hello, I am interested and would like to help. I am from Spain (Europe accent) if that's a problem with the accent.

Edited by LF_ManuV

2 hours ago, LF_ManuV said:

Hello, I am interested and would like to help. I am from Spain (Europe accent) if that's a problem with the accent.

it would be nice to have more varied accents! well if your english is good enough for teamspeak then it should be good for the mod as well!!

thanks for offering! would you like to be a pilot?

1 minute ago, 19//SAG said:

it would be nice to have more varied accents! well if your english is good enough for teamspeak then it should be good for the mod as well!!

thanks for offering! would you like to be a pilot?

Thanks! If thats okay with you, it will be fine for me!