LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

19 hours ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

It's a pity how few point we get for each air kill

Fighter jockeys are not the ones doing work. It's the ground pounders who do the work that moves the frontlines, so they shall get the most points.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

I*m wondering what happend to the bridges as targets. In the last campaigns to bridges ..???

2 hours ago, 13/JG5Luck said:

I*m wondering what happend to the bridges as targets. In the last campaigns to bridges ..???

Bridges are a thing of chance... If there happens to be a bridge between the frontline positions and the supply source at the map edge (east for Russians, west for Germans) then there will be a bridge as a target in the mission.

Lots of players are disconnecting when shot down or even having a six  .

Or just  quitting and not bailout . 

Is there a reason for this . What effect on stats for this behaviour . 

13 hours ago, 13/JG5Luck said:

Can also be that I’ve made a booboo in the settings. We recently made a change where we can have map specific settings, and might be I’ve put bridge count to 0.

Edit: yes it was my booboo. Put it back to 1 per side per sector.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

4 hours ago, KoN_ said:

Lots of players are disconnecting when shot down or even having a six  .

Or just  quitting and not bailout . 

Is there a reason for this . What effect on stats for this behaviour . 

- If the player doesn't return his plane on the airfield -> plane marked as lost -> it affects the frontline.

- If he disconnects/bails over enemy territory -> captured -> dead in stats.

- If you made a single hit and he disconnects -> You get the kill in stats.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 5:43 AM, LLv34_Untamo said:

- If the player doesn't return his plane on the airfield -> plane marked as lost -> it affects the frontline.

- If he disconnects/bails over enemy territory -> captured -> dead in stats.

- If you made a single hit and he disconnects -> You get the kill in stats.

Thank you 

Its become quite a common sight too see . 

Hi guys,

Your server is amazballs.

I am having a great time with the early war again. Thanks for all your efforts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

When you destroy a flak on an objective, how much time is needed for it to respawn/repair?

every flak gun is gonna be dead for the remainder of the mission, so targets only "replenish" when the map rolls due to enough damage done to the enemy team or when the mission time runs out. Flak on airfields cant be destroyed.

• Thanks 1

I have question . If i choose a custom skin lets say a white one ,  will a default green skin be seen by players on the server  . ?

if winter / snow and use custom skin will default be white skin be seen is it weather pendent .. ? 

Edited by KoN_

@KoN_

Custom skins can only be seen by people who have the exact same skin installed with the exact same name. so you will appear with a default skin to all people who dont have your exact custom skin installed.

it does not select any skin from the official skin list to accomodate weather or season, it just picks the "default" one.

Hey guys, relatively new player here, coming from DCS world. Played mostly single player and quick missions. I really love the game. I have yet to take the leap into multiplayer. I hope to join your server, When i do is there a recommended way to communicate? 

13 hours ago, Edgartonian2241 said:

Hey guys, relatively new player here, coming from DCS world. Played mostly single player and quick missions. I really love the game. I have yet to take the leap into multiplayer. I hope to join your server, When i do is there a recommended way to communicate? 

SRS 

Discord 

And chat 

You dont have to have comms  I normally use chat . 

Its really down to you . 

But when using chat i am informative . 

Edited by KoN_
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, KoN_ said:

SRS 

Discord 

And chat 

You dont have to have comms  I normally use chat . 

Its really down to you . 

But when using chat i am informative . 

I understand that use the chat is more tricky for VR users, but it is the most easy way to transmit real time info for all squads in the server who are using differents Teamspeak or Discord channels.
by the way, i ¬īve flew multiplayer missions with 20 pilots or more in TS, years ago, and i can attest that any channel with more than 6 people talking at time becomes a real chicken coop.

I ¬īve not installed SRS but if everybody used it at same time it will become a chicken coop too.
Only the TS "whispers" system seem the best solution when we joined with 8 or more people, because we can have separate conversation of 4 pilots per channel, and talk with all the channels using the "PTT whispers" key. 
the rest of communications with the team in server, is better using the chat. 

Hi admin.

There has been quite the influx of whiners into your server. They are screaming for the same rule changes that sterilized another server.

I'm hoping the crying will fall on deaf ears. The server as it is is high intensity and just bloody fun. If it means I'm going to get bombed and strafed at temporary fields I'm fine with it.

Thanks again for building such a fun server. I'm hooked.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, ACG_Smokejumper said:

Hi admin.

There has been quite the influx of whiners into your server. They are screaming for the same rule changes that sterilized another server.

I'm hoping the crying will fall on deaf ears. The server as it is is high intensity and just bloody fun. If it means I'm going to get bombed and strafed at temporary fields I'm fine with it.

Thanks again for building such a fun server. I'm hooked.

This. So much this.

7 hours ago, ACG_Smokejumper said:

They are screaming for the same rule changes that sterilized another server.

Screaming... in the chat? :) ... Well they can scream all they want in there. We have the chat logs of course, but don't read them unless we have a reason to. They'll have to come screaming here before we take note :)

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

In the chat, no one can hear you scream...

And screaming about airfield suppression is just getting your vocal cords sore for no effect.

8 hours ago, ACG_Smokejumper said:

Hi admin.

Myself and a team mate ended up at an Axis temporary base.  We shot exactly 3 planes on the ground, then left it alone, going somewhere else to fight.  The chat got salty for a bit there.  

At least we didn't linger around and stack up ace-in-a-flight scores off of the spawn point.  Yes, i did do that once but, some people make regular temp spawn camping their specialty.  It is what it is but, I think it's that tactic that gets people upset.  

I'm not calling for rules changes.  Temp camping is a valid tactic.  Maybe, however, pilots on both sides could agree to only make quick attacks when they present themselves and then leave the temporary field area(s) for other objectives?  It's up to the individual but, I think it might be a sort of "gentleman's compromise".   Granted, some will continue to temporary field camp and it's fair game so, can't get mad.  But, maybe we can choose to reduce the amount of flooding each other's temporaries when there's a team-stacked side.  However, if the front lines are close together with temporary bases right next door to each other, it is what it is IMO. Fight your way out or don't take off there.  That's my 2 cents, at least.  

(sorry my 3am grammar, lol.  I hope what I wrote makes some sort of sense.)

• Upvote 1

Obvious solution to defend these temporary airfields without flak, would be couple pilots with a little bit of patience doing CAP over them...but why bother, when you can be #6 in line over the frontline, chasing a single enemy plane down low and trying to get some shots in over their shoulders before someone of the 5 friendlies ahead of you manage to bring the enemy down.

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
  • Upvote 2

S!

Rebooted server for a campaign app and Windows updates... Windows Update decided that you shall not play on this server, and jammed the bootup... We're working on to fix it...

4 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Fight your way out or don't take off there.

This.

EDIT:

Server back up.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

By the way, ..My squad mates and me suffer a rare incident in this server. In some few times, some of us connected in "parallel dimension" and we can not see the surrounding airplanes, but other pilots can see us.. and shootdown us.  Usually we exit from the server and enter again when we feel the airfields suspectly very solitary, and then we found a lot of aircrafts surrounding when we didn't saw nobody before.
anybody knows why this thing happens??
In other few occasions, We suffered apparently random desconexion in mid flight, even with low ping values.  any reason??

7 minutes ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

In other few occasions, We suffered apparently random desconexion in mid flight, even with low ping values.  any reason??

May be network issue. I'm currently testing a QoS setup on my home router that prioritizes UDP traffic, as I've gotten those random disconnections on occasion. Not sure if the setup has really helped, as I haven't had time to fly that much since applying it, but I haven't had a disconnection after that.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri

22 minutes ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Or netcode

netcode of the server?? ...because we have not these problems in Combat Box i.e.  

Just a thought but, it might be nice if the first 3 or 3 transport flights that open a temporary could pack a light machinegun for perimeter defense.  I've seen that some of the gun positions around other target areas are the simple one-man LMGs on tripod stands.  They wouldn't be alot of defense but, they can sting if you attack carelessly.  A max of 3 at each temporary with a need to be replaced by transport when destroyed might add to the "atmosphere" of the battle. 

I guess it would really depend on whether admins found this agreeable and server resource considerations.   

On another note:    Some sort of moving truck convoy system would be cool too.  It would be better than stationary convoys because then the vehicles could take evasive action and hide - which would make even small(ish) convoys harder to destroy.  It might best to leave the convoys unmarked on the map too.  The objective would be to follow the roads on the map from crucial point-to-crucial point (depot-to-depot. depot-to-airfield. depot-to-front, for example) to find them visually.   

Again, it would all be admin decision and server resource considerations.  

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

netcode of the server?? ...because we have not these problems in Combat Box i.e.  

I’m assuming the mission size does play a part in this too. Server itself doesn’t report any troubles.

11 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Myself and a team mate ended up at an Axis temporary base.  We shot exactly 3 planes on the ground, then left it alone, going somewhere else to fight.  The chat got salty for a bit there.  

At least we didn't linger around and stack up ace-in-a-flight scores off of the spawn point.  Yes, i did do that once but, some people make regular temp spawn camping their specialty.  It is what it is but, I think it's that tactic that gets people upset.  

I'm not calling for rules changes.  Temp camping is a valid tactic.  Maybe, however, pilots on both sides could agree to only make quick attacks when they present themselves and then leave the temporary field area(s) for other objectives?  It's up to the individual but, I think it might be a sort of "gentleman's compromise".   Granted, some will continue to temporary field camp and it's fair game so, can't get mad.  But, maybe we can choose to reduce the amount of flooding each other's temporaries when there's a team-stacked side.  However, if the front lines are close together with temporary bases right next door to each other, it is what it is IMO. Fight your way out or don't take off there.  That's my 2 cents, at least.  

(sorry my 3am grammar, lol.  I hope what I wrote makes some sort of sense.)

It got salty only because I flew over to a temp field and my wingman and myself where fed 10 kills in minutes. We where posting in chat to stop spawning so we can leave but if they are going to present a target I gotta shoot it.

The salt was more from me and Gnomus than you. In this server there are many spawn options. Getting spawn raped is on the victim. When I get shot out of my seat I respanw further back and return with altitude. Vulchers are low and slow from strafing. Easy meat.

11 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

However, if the front lines are close together with temporary bases right next door to each other, it is what it is IMO. Fight your way out or don't take off there.  That's my 2 cents, at least.  

That describes a bloody fun sortie right there.

Edited by ACG_Smokejumper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

Same here - has happened twice on this server where all other planes were invisible. First time I had 20mm hitting off my P51 tail multiple times and thought it was AA. When I checked logs it was two 109 (I'm sure I would have seen them) - this lasted for 5-10 seconds (P51 is tough). Second time there was AA firing all over friendly defenses but no planes visible. I have never seen this on another server. Strange. 

23 minutes ago, ACG_Smokejumper said:

It got salty only because I flew over to a temp field and my wingman and myself where fed 10 kills in minutes.

The salt was more from me and Gnomus than you. In this server there are many spawn options. Getting spawn raped is on the victim. When I get shot out of my seat I respawn further back and return with altitude. Vulchers are low and slow from strafing. Easy meat.

I'm pretty sure we were at different places.  I was kind of laughing when the chat salt triggered over myself and teammate taking only 3 planes on the axis temp point.  

Right as the salt came into chat, I chatted back that "we only took 3 planes and then left for other objectives, why the salt so soon?"   That pretty much shut it down as far as chat wars went.

ūüėĀ

I usually avoid taking off from temporary fields unless there is a real strategic use for the field.  If it's just going to be a camper magnet and not offer any location advantage for attacking or defending - which sometimes does happen, I usually advise my team mates to not even bother opening said temp field.  That way we don't lose points to vulchers, for a while at least.  There's always someone who will eventually open it but, sometimes there's value in waiting until later in the match to open the temp fields. 

I can't help myself. I love a scramble take off.

Remember the Isle of Wight map?? That Hamble scramble in a Hurricane was mad fun. Same with the Isle airfields when the luftwaffe take them. Hurricanes rolling in and shooting everyone.

However, the flak was more deadly. I think Finnish if possible would benifit from stronger airfield defense. I understand it might kill performance.

4 minutes ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

@LLv34_Temuri  More people in the server chat now reporting "invisible planes" only in this server.

image.png.f76c4e103f5812294c1d3dade20edc1b.png

Krup isn't people.   :P

He's one of the whiners I warned of. Every time I read people calling teamwork a blob I have an urge to smash stuff in a very childish tantrum.

That said Finnish does appear to have the invisible plane bug more often. So does Wings. Can there be some sort of information loss happening to us in NA with the Euro servers? I know shit so that's just a guess from a luddite.

Edited by ACG_Smokejumper
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

@LLv34_Temuri  More people in the server chat now reporting "invisible planes" only in this server.

image.png.f76c4e103f5812294c1d3dade20edc1b.png

Yes. Squad members on our discord also reported invisible planes.  Most notable instances included not seeing the teammate's plane parked right next to them at the spawn point.

Game restart seems to fix it.  

2 hours ago, ACG_Smokejumper said:

That said Finnish does appear to have the invisible plane bug more often. So does Wings. Can there be some sort of information loss happening to us in NA with the Euro servers? I know shit so that's just a guess from a luddite.

It happens to us Finns also so there must be something else behind the problem. Fooking annoying bug, all those times having a heated argument with a wingman blind as a bat until you figure out what's the problem again...

Edited by LeLv30_Redwing
  • Upvote 1

S!

According to anecdotal evidence the invisible planes bug does seem to affect our server more than others, and I would assume it is the mission size which does it. We are riding on the limit what the server can run. Physical distance to the server can play a role too, with higher pings and slower download rate, although many Finns are affected by it too. But as we don't actually know the specific thing that causes the bug, we can't fix it.

If you get the bug, usually just disconnecting and reconnecting fixes it. But if you do get it, BEFORE you disconnect, take a short track and then send it to the devs along a bug report.

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Started getting more reports of the invisible planes after I added the bridges back into the missions. I'll adjust some numbers.

Hi, for some reason, Finnish Virtualpilots is not showing up on my list of servers today. It's a little frustrating, as I've just today bought Tank Crew and wanted to play it online. If anyone could provide me with a possible cause for this problem, I would be grateful!