LLv34_Untamo

Finnish VirtualPilots - Dynamic War

On 9/25/2020 at 9:26 AM, LLv34_Untamo said:

If you have something to report about a player behaviour, do it directly to us, here on forums using PM, on Discord (PM), or using the mail address: gameserver (at) virtualpilots (dot) fi

Admins prefer this 😉

30 minutes ago, WB_jokkr said:

Why is the ME(BF) 109 F4 only available on 2 plane sets and the POS G2 available on 7?  Its that simple, the only good turning airplane on the axis side is mostly never available. All the rest are energy fighters and even the F4 is not in the Spit, Yak, Mig class.

the G2 is arguably one of the best performing 109s in the game. none of the 109s are very good at turnfighting, you'd better stick to vertical maneivers at medium to high speed instead of turning. every plane is an energy fighter. and the 109 probably one of the easiest to learn and a challenging one to really master.

2 hours ago, WB_jokkr said:

Why is the ME(BF) 109 F4 only available on 2 plane sets and the POS G2 available on 7?  Its that simple, the only good turning airplane on the axis side is mostly never available. All the rest are energy fighters and even the F4 is not in the Spit, Yak, Mig class. 

Another one who thinks going full throttle in the turn gives the best turning performance?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, H_Stiglitz said:

the G2 is arguably one of the best performing 109s in the game. none of the 109s are very good at turnfighting, you'd better stick to vertical maneivers at medium to high speed instead of turning. every plane is an energy fighter. and the 109 probably one of the easiest to learn and a challenging one to really master.

I don't think so. The early 109's held there own against the brits turn fighters.

Sure you can energy fight and it works, but against a "good" opponent if often comes down to a knife fight. I just like the lower wing loading of the F. 

I stated its under represented and stand by that belief.

jokkr

11 hours ago, WB_jokkr said:

Why is the ME(BF) 109 F4 only available on 2 plane sets and the POS G2 available on 7?

Ah, F4 use can be extended.

Edit: So some tweaks:
Henschel is available one set earlier

Il-2 '42 and Bf 109 F-4 are available for one set more.

Edited by LLv34_Temuri
  • Upvote 2

22 часа назад, LeLv30_Redwing сказал:

И давайте вспомним, что даже если бы администраторы сервера могли чудесным образом создавать идеально сбалансированные наборы плоскостей, все равно существовал бы человеческий фактор. Мы, пилоты, несопоставимы с нашими навыками. Что происходит, когда самолеты равны, число пилотов одинаковое...но все же другая сторона вааай лучше? Должны ли мы начать смотреть на статистику пилотов и решать, кто куда идет по их соотношению K/D или уничтоженным наземным целям, как в школьном дворе при выборе команд для футбольного матча? I_suck_at_flying переходит на красную сторону, а вы двое, Jg69_kill'Em All и Jg69_sniper неба идут на синюю сторону....давайте посмотрим, цифры теперь 32 против 17, но, согласно статистике, мы теперь достигли абсолютного баланса и можем наслаждаться вечером?

Нет, если цифры 50 против 10 или ваш выбор самолета не идеален для того или иного, просто не заходите в самое горячее место, если там десятки врагов, и умрите за считанные секунды, но будьте умны и, например, попробуйте перехватить одиночные самолеты на маршруте, просто заставив бомбардировщик сбросить свой груз до цели, что также полезно для ваших наземных войск.

У нас никогда не будет истинного равновесия, и я думаю, что мы даже не должны искать его, а использовать инструменты и тактику, которые у нас есть для каждой ситуации.

Проще перейти на другой сервер и наслаждаться игрой на другом сервере. Что делать с тем, что вы предлагаете. Мое время-это мое удовольствие, а не работа ради работы.

----

Проще уйти на другой сервер и получать удовольствие от игры на другом сервере. Чем заниматься тем, что вы предлагаете. Моё время - моё удовольствие, а не работа ради работы.

On 9/25/2020 at 8:16 PM, -SF-Disarray said:

I have no illusions as to my ability to sway people on this issue. If there are people who don't care for basic fair play I can't make them. I just wish you people were more honest about it. All of this twisting and spinning a simple issue is tiresome. I can't imagine coming up with flowery excuses for basic selfishness or an unwillingness to suffer even a slight disadvantage is easy, either, but we all have our burdens I suppose.

This is the most pathetic argument for team balancing and I've been reading this for years starting on WOL and now here. The curse of popular servers I guess. Trying to pull the morality string implying that people flying for one side (like me) are somehow worse than people balancing on flying for reds. If this gives you satisfaction that you are a better person go ahead and bathe in your high morale but it would be better simply not to bring this kind of BS everywhere you go.

I might one day go to the red side if I have a ton of time learning new planes but these kind of arguments definitely keep me away rather than convince me. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, HunDread said:

This is the most pathetic argument for team balancing and I've been reading this for years starting on WOL and now here. The curse of popular servers I guess. Trying to pull the morality string implying that people flying for one side (like me) are somehow worse than people balancing on flying for reds. If this gives you satisfaction that you are a better person go ahead and bathe in your high morale but it would be better simply not to bring this kind of BS everywhere you go.

I might one day go to the red side if I have a ton of time learning new planes but these kind of arguments definitely keep me away rather than convince me. 

Haha, don't say so, I begin to feel stupid flying for VVS 😄

15 hours ago, messsucher said:

Oh boy what a mess I-16 is to fly 😂

Here is I-16 finger four formation.

2183438924_47cd73b81e_b.jpg

I'm confused.  If this is I-16s, what does a flight of Hs-129s look like? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

I'm confused.  If this is I-16s, what does a flight of Hs-129s look like? 

I think he got Polikarpovs and Henschels mixed up. Here is a solid finger-four with I-16:s

4-rats-exploring.jpg

Edited by SCG_NoBigDreams
  • Haha 1

There must be some bug because in this sortie:

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/es/sortie/log/571103/?tour=36

I managed to land the plane, I was injured but not death, maybe in enemy territory maybe not. In the game stats I didn't have any death. Plane wasn't burning.

Checking my last sortie it does not make any sense, I did not crash the plane in order to land, It could be reflied (except for a way damaged wing)

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/es/sortie/log/571158/?tour=36

Edited by E69_Qpassa_VR

1 hour ago, SCG_NoBigDreams said:

I think he got Polikarpovs and Henschels mixed up. Here is a solid finger-four with I-16:s

4-rats-exploring.jpg

There's the Ratta I know!  Small and squirmy, disconcerting to look at and with a bite that can kill - but it will take a long time to die!

8 minutes ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

There must be some bug because in this sortie:

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/es/sortie/log/571103/?tour=36

I managed to land the plane, I was injured but not death, maybe in enemy territory maybe not. In the game stats I didn't have any death. Plane wasn't burning.

Checking my last sortie it does not make any sense, I did not crash the plane in order to land, It could be reflied (except for a way damaged wing)

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/es/sortie/log/571158/?tour=36

First one had your pilot captured, and that results in death in the stats. Check what the chat message says to you after the sortie.

Second one shows "Landed on airfield", but 100% damage and pilot healthy. I don't know why.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

How does the server decide I was captured although the game says landed ?

I noticed that too.  You'll have to look at the sortie results in the main chat window when the flight comes to an end, and not the scorecard at the top of the screen.  The server stats page results follow the chat results.  

I assume that if you are on the border line but, the enemy position(s) are closer to your pilot (crash or chute), the chances of escape are lower - even if you're on the friendly side a few hundred meters from the line.

The last time I crash landed on enemy territory, the game scorecard told me "forced landing" but, the server information in the chat window told me "Captured. Pilot career ended." 

• Sad 1

Front depot in current mission at 0539 keypad 6 is invisible until you get really close. Imho this is because it consists of large barracks and some fuel storages which do not render early enough.

Edited by [DBS]El_Marta

9 hours ago, E69_Qpassa_VR said:

How does the server decide I was captured although the game says landed ?

The campaign app measures distance to closest friendly and enemy areas and rolls dice based on it. To have better chance of survival, try to fly to your own side of the border and land/bail out there.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:07 AM, LLv34_Temuri said:

That being said, we are looking into making a kludge to reward supply missions.

Made some progress on the stats site side on this. Need some testing before we start to implement changes on the campaign app.

• Upvote 1

1117532632_Screenshot2020-09-30at12_07_20.thumb.png.503d0ee2d403a998a539874fae818678.png

This is the kind of kludge I was thinking to do to award points in stats for successful supply flights. :)

• Upvote 2

A mistake or something?

Altitude German supply - 2000 m

Altitude Russian supply - 3500 m

German supply.jpg

Russian supply.jpg

15 minutes ago, Roell said:

A mistake or something?

Altitude German supply - 2000 m

Altitude Russian supply - 3500 m

15 hours ago, LLv34_Temuri said:

Yes. The placing algorithm doesn’t know about the height of the terrain. Raised the airstart 1500 m higher to 3500 m to fix it.

Russian side was hitting mountains when spawning supply planes.

Posted (edited)
On 9/29/2020 at 8:05 PM, =FCU=BurnesOldman said:

Why did I get a BAN?

If you used the votekick/ban feature, then you haven't read the rules.

Teamkilling will be automatically handled by the server logic. The assailant will get punished.

If you have a problem with a player, PM(private message) us. Don't post here. Either use the forum PM, Discord PM, or email: gameserver (at) virtualpilots (dot) fi

Edited by LLv34_Untamo

Love the early IL-2 (1941 version), but can't find the option to fly one since the later versions were introduced on the maps.  Any chance that we could keep the option to fly the early IL-2 for a little while longer Temuri?  Sorry if I have misunderstood or missed something.  No big deal really, just a nice to have request given that I recently fell a little bit in love with the old girl and was having a lot of fun in her.  She is much more manoeuvrable than the later versions.

Thanks for a great server and all your good works :)

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Question.

It could be possible add the Spitfire Mk IX at the same time as the La-5FN to the allied planeset? 

First Spitfires LF Mk IX with Merlin 66 were in service back in March 1943, even before the La-5FN combat debut.

I've been told this was like that once in the planeset of the server, but i can't confirm really. But if is that the case could be possible add the Spit IX in that date again?

4 часа назад, 56RAF_Talisman сказал:

Очень люблю ранний Ил-2 (версия 1941 года), но не могу найти вариант летать на нем, так как более поздние версии были представлены на картах. Есть ли шанс, что мы сможем сохранить возможность летать на ранних Ил-2 еще некоторое время, Темури? Извините, если я что-то неправильно понял или пропустил. На самом деле ничего особенного, просто приятная просьба, учитывая, что я недавно немного влюбился в старушку и получал от нее большое удовольствие. Она гораздо более маневренна, чем более поздние версии.

Спасибо за отличный сервер и все ваши добрые дела :)

Счастливые посадки,

56RAF_Talisman

Я тоже присоединяюсь к этой просьбе, летать на ранних Ил-2 приятнее, чем на его более поздних версиях. Добавить Ил-2 первой серии

===

я тоже присоединяюсь к этой просьбе, на раннем Ил-2 летать приятнее, чем поздние его версии. Добавьте Ил-2 первой серии

12 hours ago, UrsusArctos said:

It could be possible add the Spitfire Mk IX at the same time as the La-5FN to the allied planeset? 

First Spitfires LF Mk IX with Merlin 66 were in service back in March 1943, even before the La-5FN combat debut.

Makes sense to me.

• Thanks 1

Did anyone notice strange invisible planes one second there next gone . ? or is my eye sight going . 

I tried to make a track but i cant on the server is it banned . Recording .?

Also Axis 50 vs 24 Allied . lol ..!! 😷

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, KoN_ said:

Did anyone notice strange invisible planes one second there next gone . ? or is my eye sight going . 

I tried to make a track but i cant on the server is it banned . Recording .?

You are mistaken.  I recorded a track and a Tacview file from the Finnish server just two days ago.